Home

Made in Mexico

Posted By: jeff karsten

Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 02:13 PM

just happened to think about it and looked at the sticker on my 2012 GMC SIerra, Yup made in Mexico Not saying anything Bad about Mexican made trucks just wondering how many manufacturers are really behind Trump
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 02:19 PM

I had a 95 Dodge Ram made in Mexico.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 02:23 PM

Screw Mexico, no different then china products.

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by snowy

True Im asking if American Pie exists anymore
Posted By: handitrapper

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 02:54 PM

So what you’re saying is everything manufactured or produced should stay within it’s country of origin? No one can import or export? Go through your home and belongings and return everything that’s not from the US and return it to the country where it was manufactured. Yep.....that’ll work real well.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 04:18 PM

Mexico has great tequila.
Posted By: bacatrapper

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 04:25 PM

My 1990 gmc suburban was made in America. Im saving $$ so when it craps out I can buy a new american made motor.

Mexico, LOL.

They have good burritos there I hear.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 04:33 PM

Buy a truck kit!
Posted By: star flakes

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 04:36 PM

The push back is from GM and Chrysler, along with the factory farming hog, corn and spinach. Also the computer components. If you look at who is spreading the BS on this anti Trump stuff, it is Mitch McConnell, John Thune and #nevertrumpers like Errick Errickson, which points to who is really paying their salaries. No one is forcing anyone to buy things with tariffs on them, as you can buy a Ford of Toyota made in America or grow your own spinach.

What I would like to see is a tariff on foreigners brought in, as the corporations who exploit them, underpay them, so Americans will not work for that, because an American with Social and income taxes gets 35% of their wages taken, while the foreigners are mobile in not paying either, so they make a great deal of money on that uneven playing field. Companies which do not have to pay medical for Mexicans, but have to pay for Americans, do very well in this scheme. Americans though are harmed in this, and you will notice that all of our protectors from Alexandria Ocasio Cortez and Donald Trump, never mention one word about this scheme, as the people who back them are the ones making the money and having their interests protected.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by adam m

They are also our leading manufacturer of methamphetamine!!
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 04:53 PM

It's not about the imported stuff as much as the imbalances in the way it has been stacked against up often by our own politicians. The same BS they said would do us a favor by sending our jobs to other countries. We made China what they are today and they screw us every chance they get to do it some more the ones that benefited the most are the ones that set it up in DC over the years.

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 05:16 PM

^ that is correct and we just keep letting them take advantage of us. Mexico needs to start taking responsibility for this drug war and start being a respectful neighbor. The country is a disgrace and have NO intention to stop the drugs or immigration problem. The country makes their money on the drug world in one way or another they will not shut it down. They will appear to be but not to be trusted because they know they have the blue party from US on their side. It is all about votes and the US politicians.

That is why I say screw mexico!
Posted By: bacatrapper

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 05:18 PM

^ that is correct and we just keep letting them take advantage of us. Mexico needs to start taking responsibility for this drug war and start being a respectful neighbor. The country is a disgrace and have NO intention to stop the drugs or immigration problem. The country makes their money on the drug world in one way or another they will not shut it down. They will appear to be but not to be trusted because they know they have the blue party from US on their side. It is all about votes and the US politicians.

Yessir!
Posted By: TNcat

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 05:19 PM

Screw’em all ..China,Mexico etc. 😂
Posted By: rex123

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 05:31 PM

Some ford cars and a lot of ford parts are made in Mexico.
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by jeff karsten
just happened to think about it and looked at the sticker on my 2012 GMC SIerra, Yup made in Mexico Not saying anything Bad about Mexican made trucks just wondering how many manufacturers are really behind Trump
They just go where the labor/price is the cheapest. So do 99% of the people on this thread. Trump is trying to bring cost of doing business in line and that will bring back jobs to this country. If we lose our manufacturing capability, we will be at the mercy of the country/countries that provide us with that. Guess who!
Posted By: pintail_drake04

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 06:50 PM

Toyota has a lot of American made vehicles here in the us. My wife is an Environmental Engineer at a factory that makes parts for Toyota. I go out of my way to try to buy American made stuff-it is harder than most people thing. But my way of thinking is; if I buy American made, then Americans are working.
Posted By: ShawneeMan

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 06:54 PM

The lower end of Martin guitars - made in Mexico.
Lower end of Fender guitars - made in Mexico.
Lower end of Taylor guitars - made in Mexico.
Some parts for Harley Davidson motorcycles - made in Japan, China and Mexico.
As wy.wolfer stated - US labor is too high - sad thing, but it is - what it is.

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 06:57 PM

Just don't see buying things that break trying to get them out of the package as a deal! LOL Most items the packaging it superior to the product that's inside.

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 07:25 PM

It's amazing the amount of people that are OK with being pushed around and getting the short end of the stick, PC has done a number on this Country over the last 30 years. Sad

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by bacatrapper

Yessir!

Yup. The hard part is, the cartels have the government police and military in their wallets. Those in authority that can't be bought are killed and unimaginable things happen to their families including their kids.

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
It's amazing the amount of people that are OK with being pushed around and getting the short end of the stick, PC has done a number on this Country over the last 30 years. Sad

X2
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/07/19 07:59 PM

Just don't see buying things that break trying to get them out of the package as a deal! LOL Most items the packaging it superior to the product that's inside.

The amount of packaging, especially heavy duty, wire ties, that they secure toys inside the boxes appears to have been designed by sadists, who wanted to torture children and their parents. Kids get incredibly frustated waiting up to 20 minutes, for all the pieces in a toy set, to be liberated, for play.

Keith

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/08/19 01:53 AM

Even a deal is made I still wouldn't buy an auto built in Mexico. Those auto makers want all thee bail outs and we bailed them out and then they left. US should all stick together and not buy those outfits. Never happen because most really don't care.
Posted By: James

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/08/19 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by star flakes
The push back is from GM and Chrysler, along with the factory farming hog, corn and spinach. Also the computer components. If you look at who is spreading the BS on this anti Trump stuff, it is Mitch McConnell, John Thune and #nevertrumpers like Errick Errickson, which points to who is really paying their salaries. No one is forcing anyone to buy things with tariffs on them, as you can buy a Ford of Toyota made in America or grow your own spinach.

What I would like to see is a tariff on foreigners brought in, as the corporations who exploit them, underpay them, so Americans will not work for that, because an American with Social and income taxes gets 35% of their wages taken, while the foreigners are mobile in not paying either, so they make a great deal of money on that uneven playing field. Companies which do not have to pay medical for Mexicans, but have to pay for Americans, do very well in this scheme. Americans though are harmed in this, and you will notice that all of our protectors from Alexandria Ocasio Cortez and Donald Trump, never mention one word about this scheme, as the people who back them are the ones making the money and having their interests protected.

Companies don't have to pay Mexican workers' health insurance because Mexico has a national health care system--unlike the US.

Jim

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/08/19 03:02 AM

They do a bang up job you can bet!

TB is also a social illness that involves deep emotional experiences, alienation from family members, isolation and stigmatization. TB is a public health concern, particularly in developing countries’ most vulnerable populations. In 2010, over 18,000 TB cases were reported in Mexico; 20% were individuals with diabetes and 5.9% were co-infected with HIV/AIDS.

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/08/19 11:39 PM

I don't believe that labor is to high show me where a ford,chevy or dodge sells for a lot less than a made in the USA vehicle and i'd think about it
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/08/19 11:59 PM

About 100% or a bit less of the transmissions or transmission parts for all auto firms in the US are made or partially made in Mexico.

Bryce
Posted By: warrior

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/09/19 01:23 AM

They do a bang up job you can bet!

TB is also a social illness that involves deep emotional experiences, alienation from family members, isolation and stigmatization. TB is a public health concern, particularly in developing countries’ most vulnerable populations. In 2010, over 18,000 TB cases were reported in Mexico; 20% were individuals with diabetes and 5.9% were co-infected with HIV/AIDS.

Truth

My grandmother died of TB in 45, dad was 3 when he lost his mother. That side of the family still carries scars as she contracted TB from her oldest brother who was sent home from the CCC camps with it. She nursed him until his death. Lots of families carried a stigma.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/09/19 02:54 AM

It's not about the imported stuff as much as the imbalances in the way it has been stacked against up often by our own politicians. The same BS they said would do us a favor by sending our jobs to other countries. We made China what they are today and they screw us every chance they get to do it some more the ones that benefited the most are the ones that set it up in DC over the years.

Biden and his son did well with china
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/09/19 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by ShawneeMan
The lower end of Martin guitars - made in Mexico.
Lower end of Fender guitars - made in Mexico.
Lower end of Taylor guitars - made in Mexico.
Some parts for Harley Davidson motorcycles - made in Japan, China and Mexico.
As wy.wolfer stated - US labor is too high - sad thing, but it is - what it is.

Well.....Yeah, why does it take high labor to make a high end guitar/anything?
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/09/19 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by James
[/quote]

Companies don't have to pay Mexican workers' health insurance because Mexico has a national health care system--unlike the US.

Jim

And Mexico has hundreds less Lawyers per 100,000 people than the US does.

Maybe we should start exporting lawyers to Mexico.
Posted By: EdP

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/09/19 12:10 PM

Our economy was so overwhelmingly strong for so many decades that we made bad trade deal after bad trade deal and it didn't matter. None was significant enough to be of any concern. Now all those bad deals have added up and with the new global economy and other strong economies on the world scene, we are dying the death of a thousand cuts. Trump is working to fix that but special interests are working against him at every step. Still, he is winning.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/09/19 12:20 PM

Well Some things are painful to correct ...He's taking steps other Presidents ttip toed around.
Posted By: Ol' Smoke

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/09/19 01:32 PM

Mexico is not our friend.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/09/19 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by James

Jim

Would part of that national health care, i.e. prescription drugs, be subsidized by us who pay exorbitant prices to make up the cost of their low prices?

And, why are Mexicans coming here then? If nationalized health care is so great and instantly turns any country into a paradise? Why take the risk to come here illegally?

Why leave Cuba?

Why leave Venezuela?

Why would any country adopt national health care for the good of the people, yet completely disregard environmental and occupational safety regulations? I would think KEEPING the populace healthy and injury free would be top priority in a country that adopts national health care.

Why are Americans not flocking to the aforementioned countries to take advantage of such wonderful systems? Did you go to Mexico for your knee surgery?

Mike
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/09/19 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ol' Smoke
Mexico is not our friend.

They never have been and never will be.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/10/19 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by adam m

they also have great want to enter here illegally and then live off my tax dollars.
Posted By: Riverotter2

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/10/19 01:01 PM

Have some of you people not been reading about the steel mills, mines and car plants that are being build or are hiring. I think it was more about the taxes and regulations then the labor cost in most cases.
Posted By: TNcat

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/10/19 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Riverotter2
Have some of you people not been reading about the steel mills, mines and car plants that are being build or are hiring. I think it was more about the taxes and regulations then the labor cost in most cases.

X2
Posted By: tbn

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/10/19 08:29 PM

Why would any country adopt national health care for the good of the people, yet completely disregard environmental and occupational safety regulations? I would think KEEPING the populace healthy and injury free would be top priority in a country that adopts national health care.

Why are Americans not flocking to the aforementioned countries to take advantage of such wonderful systems? Did you go to Mexico for your knee surgery?

Mike
[/quote]

Some co-workers of my wife have traveled out of the US for surgery, at a fraction of the cost.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/10/19 10:44 PM

I know people who have done that too.

I have to wonder if you can sue a doctor when there is national health care? If you can't then they wouldn't be forced to buy malpractice insurance at outrageously expensive costs.

You pay outrageous premiums for health insurance to pay a doctor's outrageous fees which he uses to pay outrageous malpractice premiums...

I might be in the wrong business.

Mike
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Made in Mexico - 06/11/19 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC

The amount of packaging, especially heavy duty, wire ties, that they secure toys inside the boxes appears to have been designed by sadists, who wanted to torture children and their parents. Kids get incredibly frustated waiting up to 20 minutes, for all the pieces in a toy set, to be liberated, for play.

Keith

I think doctors had a hand in designing those packages.I bet there are a lot of stitches needed for folks that cut themselfes trying to knife them dang packages open. mad
© 2024 Trapperman Forums