Home

Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban

Posted By: BillyTraps

Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/07/19 11:47 PM

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/06/05/trump-willing-consider-suppressor-ban/

President Donald Trump was elected in part due to the support he got from gun rights activists. While he didn’t have a history of legislative support for the Second Amendment, he made the right noises and had one more big thing working in his favor: He wasn’t Hillary Clinton.

However, Second Amendment supporters trusted him when he said he sided with us.

Some of us were willing to overlook the bump stock ban. After all, we were looking at bump stocks being banned either way, but at least the route Trump took ended the legislative effort that would have been more far-reaching and broad in its impact.

However, President Trump has announced his willingness to consider banning a safety device because of the Virginia Beach shooting.

President Donald Trump said he’ll “seriously look” at banning gun silencers after last week’s mass shooting in Virginia.

“Well, I’d like to think about it,” Trump said in an interview with Piers Morgan on ITV’s Good Morning Britain. “I’m going to seriously look at it.”

While Trump said he didn’t “love” the idea of a ban, he also was unhappy to see the frequency and severity of mass shootings in the U.S.

Trump’s comments represent a potential crack in Republican opposition to stronger gun control measures.

They follow a shooting last week at a municipal center in Virginia Beach, Virginia, in which a gunman killed 12 people. Police recovered a high-capacity magazine and a silencer mechanism from the scene.

Now, to be fair to the president, he’s not saying he’ll back it. He’s said no such thing.

However, even being willing to “seriously look” at such a ban is troubling.

Just think, we were so close to getting suppressors being sold over the counter like firearms. Now, a couple of years later, we have the President of the United States saying he’ll take a look at backing legislation to ban ownership of the devices.

Keep in mind that this is a technology that has been around for over a century. In that time, they’ve been used in one mass shooting. One. Further, it’s not like people in the building didn’t hear gunfire. They heard it and recognized it. There’s little to no evidence that even a single person died because of the suppressor.

Yet this is what we find ourselves talking about right now. It goes to show you how quickly the world can change.

So what are the ramifications of this?

In and of itself, not much. Trump says he’ll look at the possibility. With luck, he’ll look at it, realize there’s over a million of them in private hands and recognize what a nightmare an outright ban would create, and decide not to pursue it. Or opt not to pursue it for some other reason.

That’s the best case scenario.

However, if the president decides otherwise, we might see a problem. We know (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) good and well that the House will have no issue passing a law banning suppressors. With the president siding with the legislation, this could change things in the Senate. Some Republicans eager to curry favor with the White House, coupled with Republicans who would view the president’s backing as political cover, could sign onto such legislation. While Republicans have firm control over the Senate, it’s not so firm that a few defections couldn’t change matters completely.

In other words, if the president backs a ban, the chance of such a ban happening skyrocket.

Let’s hope he decides otherwise.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/07/19 11:52 PM

This is what you get when you elect a populist who happens to be conservative not a constitutional conservative.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 12:05 AM

I think, this is what you say when you have slim majority of the vote and you want to take a couple of fence leaners over to your side. I would guess, he has no intention of following through on any kind of ban on silencers, but it makes for great campaign press.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 12:19 AM

The whole silencer/suppressor thing is so misunderstood to begin with and the movies are no help! Years ago the idea of one was a fantasy today you run into people that have them often.
Posted By: James

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 12:41 AM

Yet, some people here act like Trump is the salvation of gun rights.

Just wait. He may well also move to ban "assault weapons" since he said he supported such a ban in his book.

Jim
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by James

Just wait. He may well also move to ban "assault weapons" since he said he supported such a ban in his book.

Jim

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Marty

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 01:17 AM

He is not a firearms guy so he looks at this kind of thing thru "well only people who want to do bad use these"...hopefully he does not back this but if he does we have three branches of government which may not allow it to become law. Such a ban would not be a good thing...these things should be over the counter items.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 01:30 AM

What happened to the recent promise made by the R party that they would become untaxed and unrestricted?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

shall not be infringed seems so simple to me. you would think a staunch friend of the 2nd would be repealing gun law not looking for ways to implement more with out angering his worshippers

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 01:34 AM

Jim

Hillary was far more trustworthy for sure! LOL crazy

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 01:46 AM

I got a phone call yesterday evening wanting me to pledge money for the republican party. said a letter and return envelope were already mailed out and I would receive them in a day or two. guy on the phone had no answers when I asked about gun control, lock her up, Obama care and mexico will pay for it. I politely told him they would have been better off to kept the stamp money.

im tired of being lied too.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 01:51 AM

Hillary lost, it’s time to hold the President and the Republican Party to the fire.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 02:02 AM

It's just talk now but some never miss any opportunity to go there for some, of course he needs to be held to task. I just don't see why it's a problem all of a sudden not like it's a common item that is abused it make little sense seems more like a education issue?
Posted By: brianmall

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 02:07 AM

Yes

He s gearing up for 2020.

He did the same thing with LGBT last week.

He has been the most pro life, pro Constitution, pro gun rights, pro American President we have had in over 100 years.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 02:10 AM

Need to worry about voting out ever Democrat and RINO we can so that he actually has something to work with the next 4 years instead of getting our panties in a bunch every time he doesn't do everything or say everything we want him to!

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 02:11 AM

As far as I'm concerned

He is on fire! And if we could get him some help in 2020? He will knock it outta the ball park!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by warrior
This is what you get when you elect a populist who happens to be conservative not a constitutional conservative.

This is probably the best explanation of Trump's moves. IMO though, likely just talk.
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 02:25 AM

What's the alternative Danny?...I mean in present time,..is there someone else that will listen?
Maybe one of his boys will pipe up add flavor!..in the meantime our fight is with the media,as it always is!,...the mesmerizing factor.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 02:35 AM

Big Don may not be a gun nut, but I know one if not both sons are! He said he'll look at it not do it! Trump in 2020 and 2024!!!!!!

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 02:42 AM

I doubt much negative info could be found in statistics about the misuse of the legal ones and we all know the other ones are already illegal. Except for a few mob hits in Chicago I can't recall them being a real option for use in all my years.
Posted By: WayOfLife

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
I doubt much negative info could be found in statistics about the misuse of the legal ones and we all know the other ones are already illegal. Except for a few mob hits in Chicago I can't recall them being a real option for use in all my years.

I am not 100% positive but didn't this last shooter in Carolinas use one. Other than that I've never heard of one being used.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 02:59 AM

Last time heard about a silencer being used before last week it was a Chicago Mob hit 45 years ago, you can bet if silencers/suppressors were being used we would know about that right away like it was last week until he turned out to not be a angry Trump supporter then the MSM went silent on the shooters info!

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 03:06 AM

I agree. I would like to have one on my trapline 22 though. With the way the houses and the antis are moving in around me it would be nice to be a bit more stealthy. I shot one a few months back at CCW class and about all you could hear was the action.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 03:08 AM

It aint going to be approved for use. Why? It's not socially acceptable. Plain and simply. It has nothing to do with right and wrong.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 03:15 AM

Its a darn shame that socially acceptable is the rule of law nowadays but I guess maybe its always been that way just gotten worst.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Hillary lost, it’s time to hold the President and the Republican Party to the fire.

This exactly. If the Democratic candidate said "I want to ban all guns", and the republican candidate said "I wanna ban everything except cap and ball revolvers", I'm pretty sure there's some members here that would vote for the republican, and then say "hey, at least he's not the democrat, hurray for our guy".

This is ridiculous. Yes, trump is not Hillary. That's good, he's obviously better on the the 2a issue than she'd be. But he supported, and pushed through, a ban on bump stocks. And he supports red flag laws. And there's no reason to think he's not serious about this suppressor thing. It's okay to say he's wrong for supporting.these things, and that he should hold a different position. It doesn't make you a traitor or a democrat in disguise or a Hillary supporter or whatever. It just makes you a reasonable person who doesn't hold blind Faith in a president who overall does a pretty decent job, but isn't the best when it comes to 2a stuff.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 03:28 AM

It aint going to be approved for use. Why? It's not socially acceptable. Plain and simply. It has nothing to do with right and wrong.

Bingo boss!,..most lend ear and therefore decide on bias opinion from local media outlets. Those areas need a more robust Canadian goose population,where purpose displays reason.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 03:34 AM

Unless he had a suppressor already how did he get one if the gun purchases were recent if I have that right? It takes several months to get that paperwork back so was it homemade or what? We have a lot of them out here the predator hunters use the heck out of them.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Scout1
Big Don may not be a gun nut, but I know one if not both sons are! He said he'll look at it not do it! Trump in 2020 and 2024!!!!!!

That's my hope as well but my fear is being of the monied class they fail to fully understand the principles of equality. 2A applies to everyone not just those who can afford to exercise it.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 04:12 AM

That's my hope as well but my fear is being of the monied class they fail to fully understand the principles of equality. 2A applies to everyone not just those who can afford to exercise it.

Your fear is legitimate. More the reason to support locale,district and state 2A supporters!
Posted By: SUMROW

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 04:35 AM

It is simple to make a suppressor at home in less than a hour if you are going to do something illegal,but those that do it legally it can take months or even years to obtain the permit. It took me three years and $1500 to do it legally and all I wanted was to protect the hear that I have left! I am to the point I have very little faith in our government or the legal system to protect our rights anymore.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 04:50 AM

All the winning.....but yet it seems like we're closer to losing. Bye, lets see if we can do something in 2024 after the dems get in for a short stint.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Pike River
All the winning.....but yet it seems like we're closer to losing. Bye, lets see if we can do something in 2024 after the dems get in for a short stint.

Oh wait.....therapy already a neolib dem/rino in the whiteshouse..

Well played DNC well played.....
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 05:41 AM

the last shooter in Virginia did use one , to shoot up the office where he was the city engineer .

no list can save you

no ban can save you

shooting back seems like the best option since none of their silly laws change anything.

we had a millionaire who held NASA top security clearances shortly before shooting up a concert.

we had an Army physiologist on a secure army base shoot his waiting room full of soldiers up.

we have seen a number of countries word wide with almost no access to the guns used to slaughter many in churches , on streets , in offices.

we have seen a deputy sheriff shoot up a party , a cop shoot his wife and sister in-law

we have seen in the last few years when even the police aren't armed they are run down with cars and stabbed with knives.

we have seen a school resource officer charged because he hid during a school shooting he was the only armed person near by to stop it.

no list, no ban or law can save you , be prepared to defend yourself you can't count on anyone else anything else is lip service to an outright lie.

as for suppressor this would be the first or one of very very few potentially legally acquired suppressor used in a crime possibly in 84 years , that is hardly a trend.

trump is probably trying to appease some planning ahead on the 2020 run , the problem is , those who hate him hate him and nothing he says or does will change that , but he is seriously upsetting the base that elected him in the first place trying to appease those who will never vote for him.

maybe he will have them reclassified as machine guns , oh wait they already are.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 09:59 AM

Building a suppressor here in Kansas is as legal as your back door. Under state law. The ATF thugs will prosecute you for it anyway under federal law.

Across the border in Colorado you can buy and smoke marijuana to your hearts content. It is legal under Colorado law. The feds will allow that. It is illegal under federal law. The DEA is not prosecuting anybody because POTUS told them not to. Previous and PRESENT POTUS.

Yeah he is a supporter of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

Economy is booming but the national debt is absolutely soaring.

When are the employers of illegals going to get prosecuted??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by loosegoose

This exactly. If the Democratic candidate said "I want to ban all guns", and the republican candidate said "I wanna ban everything except cap and ball revolvers", I'm pretty sure there's some members here that would vote for the republican, and then say "hey, at least he's not the democrat, hurray for our guy".

This is ridiculous. Yes, trump is not Hillary. That's good, he's obviously better on the the 2a issue than she'd be. But he supported, and pushed through, a ban on bump stocks. And he supports red flag laws. And there's no reason to think he's not serious about this suppressor thing. It's okay to say he's wrong for supporting.these things, and that he should hold a different position. It doesn't make you a traitor or a democrat in disguise or a Hillary supporter or whatever. It just makes you a reasonable person who doesn't hold blind Faith in a president who overall does a pretty decent job, but isn't the best when it comes to 2a stuff.

Well said
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

This is why our country will fall like Rome. When God is removed, and folks are more concerned about being socially acceptable over what is right - a nation has set itself up for failure. We all need to be praying for President Trump that he makes good and wise decisions. I do not care if you agree with him or hate him - we still need to pray for him.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 12:40 PM

For all you guys that are easily upset.

He ain't gonna win them all nor do or say the right things all the time! But he isn't establishment AND HE AINT THE AMERICAN SOLDIER KILLIN HILLARY!

I personally think he is doing a little posturing for our on the fence lefties and liberals when he does and says things like this. Last week he upset some weak stomached Christians when he talked to the LGBT folks.

This is what he done the other day.

https://www.facebook.com/313269202224/posts/10157166159942225/

He is in a very hard position and to some extent has to try and hold America together. His actions have always put him on Americans side!

As long as he don't turn out to be the Antichrist I'm good and will vote for him twice in 2020!

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 12:47 PM

Some may not like him but what else is out there really, it's a freak show it looks like the Americas most wanted list today! LOL I hear them talk about issues and it's all lies about every word I see no future in that.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 12:49 PM

Mayor Pete is about to loose his own state and get bounced!

Watch

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 12:50 PM

And I have a funny feeling Alabama will have a chance to reinsert backbone by putting Roy back in office?

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 12:53 PM

I couldn't care less about homosexuality. Homosexuals have never had any impact on me at all. Either they are not attracted to me or it is easy to tell I'm not homosexual. I have no clue which, maybe both.

I do own firearms and believe in the rule of law. That is important to me. Our constitution is the cornerstone of law and if it is ignored there is no rule of law.

Religious zealots scare me worse than corrupt politicians. They have no morality, and believe themselves superior to everyone else. Their religion used to excuse all manner of evil.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 01:24 PM

Danny you do realize that the majority of the Founders were religious zealots by today's standards.
In today's world it seems that if you mention the name Jesus and voice that you follow the Bible, one is considered a religious zealot. Only those who worship the "goddess of reason" seem to get a pass.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
I couldn't care less about homosexuality. Homosexuals have never had any impact on me at all. Either they are not attracted to me or it is easy to tell I'm not homosexual. I have no clue which, maybe both.

I do own firearms and believe in the rule of law. That is important to me. Our constitution is the cornerstone of law and if it is ignored there is no rule of law.

Religious zealots scare me worse than corrupt politicians. They have no morality, and believe themselves superior to everyone else. Their religion used to excuse all manner of evil.

That's false!

The life style has an impact on us all. Especially once laws start being made that make it a right!!

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 01:52 PM

my idea of a zealot is one who writes stuff like killing muslim children is a good thing

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 01:54 PM

Back to Trump and firearms he just keeps proving he's just another liar who can not be trusted.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 02:05 PM

As far as killing anyone, unless in self-defense of self ,family, or country, I would tend to agree with your assessment Danny. Although I would just call them murderers.
Trump's willingness to ban accessories of firearms such as bumpstocks is troubling. Suppressors would also fall into this category. Hopefully he's just blowing smoke.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 02:11 PM

I remember seeing a lot of "he's just blowing smoke", "he's just posturing", "he won't really do it" type comments on here back when the bumpstocks thing was first being considered, and we all saw how that turned out. Why would.we think this is any different?
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Back to Trump and firearms he just keeps proving he's just another liar who can not be trusted.

What politician can be trusted?

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose
I remember seeing a lot of "he's just blowing smoke", "he's just posturing", "he won't really do it" type comments on here back when the bumpstocks thing was first being considered, and we all saw how that turned out. Why would.we think this is any different?

We don't. Unless the U.S. is willing to return to the form of government pre-1860's, all we can do is hope and vote for the best option. Now we the people could call for a convention of states and seriously shrink the bloated bureaucracy that has grown post 1865 but it seems few are willing to take on such an endeavor. Although such action could go far in reestablishing that pre-1860's form of governance.
When it pertains to the 2nd, to vote for the democrat would be a fools errand. Libertarians seem to be the democrats strongest ally. So the options are limited. Now if ever a Constitutional/Christian conservative party could/would ever take root you would find an advocate in me.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 04:11 PM

We don't. Unless the U.S. is willing to return to the form of government pre-1860's, all we can do is hope and vote for the best option. Now we the people could call for a convention of states and seriously shrink the bloated bureaucracy that has grown post 1865 but it seems few are willing to take on such an endeavor. Although such action could go far in reestablishing that pre-1860's form of governance.
When it pertains to the 2nd, to vote for the democrat would be a fools errand. Libertarians seem to be the democrats strongest ally. So the options are limited. Now if ever a Constitutional/Christian conservative party could/would ever take root you would find an advocate in me. [/quote]

Look into the Constitution party. It's libertarian-ish but with a Christian twist. They're even smaller than the Libertarian party, but may.be exactly what you're looking for. Google "Constitution party platform" and give it a read. I link it but I don't know how to do it from a smartphone.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 04:37 PM

I'll do that loosegoose. Very disillusioned with the lack of political backbone the Republican party has. That is one thing I highly admire about Trump, even though I don't agree with him on things such as being discussed, he's willing to punch back

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 05:05 PM

With the Virginia Beach shooting still fresh in our minds, I think the POTUS chose words wisely. Chosing words wisely is not weakness or waffling.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton
I'll do that loosegoose. Very disillusioned with the lack of political backbone the Republican party has. That is one thing I highly admire about Trump, even though I don't agree with him on things such as being discussed, he's willing to punch back

One of Hing I do appreciate about Trump is his willingness to say what he thinks, and his brashness. Doesn't mean I always agree with it, but it is refreshing.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/08/19 08:29 PM

I know. He drives the left nuts....fun to watch.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/09/19 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by MsgRet
I know. He drives the left nuts....fun to watch.

Yep don't matter what line of smoke he blows up anyone's behind, Who he insults, flip flops, lies, how much he acts like a a junior high boy if was yours you'd slap em silly. Long as he makes liberals head explode it's all good..keep being a jack wagon!! Trump 2020.. PPPthth!

Mac
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/09/19 01:43 PM

With all the talk of limiting the ownership of GUNS why should we care about suppressors? There is no need for them when using our guns lawfully.
Posted By: brisket

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/09/19 01:51 PM

I use my firearm lawfully. It's also nice that the surrounding population doesn't have to here it

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/09/19 01:53 PM

I would like to quiet down some of my guns. Especially my 22 250. Deer/elk rifle just gets shot once unless something goes wrong or I'm shooting paper. My old coyote gun gets shot multiple times on a good day. I just refuse to get permission and pay a tax for something that is unregulated under Kansas law and the U.S. constitution, so I choose to do without.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/09/19 01:53 PM

Grykhk, your last sentence is false and it's not a matter of need
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/09/19 01:57 PM

If you have to take somebody out, there is more than one silent way to do it. I'd like suppressors and silencers both.
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/09/19 02:06 PM

Are you saying the silencer/suppressor is an arem protected under the constitution? I don't believe they are and we are better off worrying about the things that are.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/09/19 02:15 PM

Yes I do and no I don't own one

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/09/19 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by gryhkl

Are you saying the silencer/suppressor is an arem protected under the constitution? I don't believe they are and we are better off worrying about the things that are.

Magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, removable magazines, collapsible stocks, scopes, red dot sights, pistol grips, vertical foregrips, barrel shrouds, flash suppressors, etc etc aren't "arms" either, so don't worry if they get banned too? Some things are worth fighting for, so that we're not limited to cap and ball revolvers some day.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/09/19 04:48 PM

This statement is a perfect example of why liberty is disappearing. A lot of people know what is written in the Constitution, but lack (or refuse to use) the critical thinking skills about what those words actually mean.

Repeat after me...

"The 2nd Amendment restricts the government, not the citizenry."

Keep repeating until the idea is firmly rooted.

Mike
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/09/19 04:51 PM

I wish suppressor had been more available in the years past. Maybe I wouldn't have permanent ringing in my ears.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/09/19 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

This statement is a perfect example of why liberty is disappearing. A lot of people know what is written in the Constitution, but lack (or refuse to use) the critical thinking skills about what those words actually mean.

Repeat after me...

"The 2nd Amendmentwhole Constitution restricts the government, not the citizenry."

Keep repeating until the idea is firmly rooted.

Mike
[/quote]

Not to disagree with you! Just wanted to expand on your fact!
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/09/19 07:46 PM

Thanks Brian. Good point.

Mike
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/10/19 03:17 AM

gryhkl ..... Lets start with a simple thing. Google or grab a dictionary and try to figure out what " shall not be infringed " means. I don't have the time or the crayons to explain it to you.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/10/19 03:21 AM

On another note. I got an email from the SC conservative party asking for donations with Trumps birthday coming up blank bla bla........ I told them that once they teach the guy what shallop not be infringed means I will only be to happy to resume with donations. Till then that tap stays shut and they will have to look for any form of support elsewhere. I do not give my money or support to people or organizations, that throw the rights of the people away.
Maybe he does not want a second term. I mean ya can't blame the guy with having to look after the greatest nut house on the continent with a bunch of senile and some vicious crackpots in there.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/10/19 09:26 AM

The main body of the Constitution creates and empowers government.

It's the Bill of Rights and subsequent amendments that restrict government.

Jim

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/10/19 09:29 AM

Suppressors aren't in common use, and are not directly "arms," so may not be covered under the Second Amendment. We wouldn't know unless a court rules in an appropriate case.

Jim

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/10/19 09:33 AM

James they ARE legal under KS law. Right now. However unlike marijuana in Colorado the feds will prosecute. They don't prosecute for marijuana because Donny told them not to. He sure has not said that when gun law conflicts with state law.

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/10/19 11:08 AM

Next they'll ban triggers.....just an accessory anyhow

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/10/19 11:23 AM

Suppressors aren't in common use, and are not directly "arms," so may not be covered under the Second Amendment. We wouldn't know unless a court rules in an appropriate case.

Jim

That's the angle I figure anti-2nd proponents will use. Suppresors are not necessary to the function of the firearm. I don't agree with it at all. However, with today's legislating from the bench, Robert's Obamacare decision as an example, it would not surprise me if such a ban was upheld.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Trump Willing To Consider Suppressor Ban - 06/10/19 12:39 PM

I've called this from day one. If you don't think he will trade our rights (again) for political points you are delusional.

The 2A will be attacked regardless of who wins in 2020.

Stock up!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums