Home

What NH Looks like...

Posted By: Nessmuck

What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 01:35 AM

Taken in a small town called Sugar Hill.....view of the Presidential Range.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: trapper les

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 01:37 AM

Funny how places in the east got to have dibs on "Presidential" cause they've been settled longer, lol.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 01:38 AM

I mean...very nice,
Posted By: Marty

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 01:41 AM

Awesome!
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 01:47 AM

That looks pretty good!
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 01:49 AM

my kinda town
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 01:57 AM

Do they still have signs on the trails "If the weather looks bad, go back NOW, people have died on this trail." ?????

We saw them in '77 or '78, hiking that range ON SNOWSOES, during Christmas break.

Then skied at Wildcat Mountain and Waterville Valley too.

Been thru there 4 times in the last 25 yrs...…..one of my favorite places.

Came VERY close to work up there for Thompson Center as a machinist several yrs later.

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by traprjohn
Do they still have signs on the trails "If the weather looks bad, go back NOW, people have died on this trail." ?????

We saw them in '77 or '78, hiking that range ON SNOWSOES, during Christmas break.

Then skied at Wildcat Mountain and Waterville Valley too.

Been thru there 4 times in the last 25 yrs...…..one of my favorite places.

Came VERY close to work up there for Thompson Center as a machinist several yrs later.

Iam sure the signs are still there...some of the nastiest...change in a minute weather. I have also Gone down Wildcat on a pair of Slats....wicked view of Mt Washington from the Top,My favorite hill....Gone down Waterville a hand full of times over the years too.
Posted By: Boco

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 02:07 AM

That's a nice picture Nessie.

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
That's a nice picture Nessie.

Thanks....My son took it this afternoon ,while up at the summer camper.
Posted By: amspoker

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 02:16 AM

Looks like paradise to me.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 02:40 AM

I love the east. You guys have some pretty country.
Posted By: run

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 11:12 AM

Looks like a little bit like Virginia to me.
Posted By: vermontster

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 11:18 AM

Nothing beats breakfast at camp! What time you serving nessy
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 12:07 PM

Nessie my daughter is out your way, was in Manchester for some convention actually on her way back to WI this morning. Do have a niece that lives in Concord.. Drove out there several years ago for her wedding .. Pretty country..

Mac
Posted By: Mac

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 12:47 PM

Nice photo Nessy. Looks a lot like Maine to me. LOL Great shot
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 02:02 PM

Nice pic.....too many trees for me back there! I'm a plains kind of guy! I worked in Berlin at the paper mill years ago, two different times. Fished for some brookies and killed a bear while there. The whole east would be okay, if there wern't so many people there! Climate is nice, funny on a hot day of maybe ninty something, everyone there thought they were gonna die! Thing I remember most about NH, you walk into a resturant, and the first question the waitress asks you, "you all set?". That passes for "are you ready to order" everywhere else I have ever been!
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 02:08 PM

No, that can't be New Hampshire? I don't see Ness running on that hillside waving a Bruins flag, screaming something about freedom.

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by trapper les
Funny how places in the east got to have dibs on "Presidential" cause they've been settled longer, lol.

I personally believe it has more to do with the names of the mountains than whom claimed what.

The Presidential Range is a mountain range located in the White Mountains of the U.S. state of New Hampshire. Containing the highest peaks of the Whites, its most notable summits are named for American presidents, followed by prominent public figures of the 18th and 19th centuries. The Presidential Range is notorious for having some of the worst weather on Earth, mainly because of the unpredictability of high wind speeds and whiteout conditions on the higher summits. Because of the poor weather conditions, the Presidential Range is often used for mountaineering training for those who go on to climb some of the world's highest mountains, including K2 and Everest.

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Nice pic.....too many trees for me back there! I'm a plains kind of guy! I worked in Berlin at the paper mill years ago, two different times. Fished for some brookies and killed a bear while there. The whole east would be okay, if there wern't so many people there! Climate is nice, funny on a hot day of maybe ninty something, everyone there thought they were gonna die! Thing I remember most about NH, you walk into a resturant, and the first question the waitress asks you, "you all set?". That passes for "are you ready to order" everywhere else I have ever been!

Worked up that way on some carpentry jobs many many moons ago.
There are too many people in the East and it is getting worse.
I think I would like your country for the great number of coyotes and probably all the cats, but after that give me the Maine woods any darn day of the week. Woods, fields, rivers, streams, brooks, lakes, ponds, cedar swamps, all of it. I would hate not live here.

But you invite me to coyote trap for a week or two and I will probably end up on your door step!
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 03:40 PM

Looks like a little piece of heaven, Nessie, but...if you look really close at the picture, it looks like there is a guy peeing on the large tree in the left/center part of the picture. He appears to be wearing a little skirt and looks a lot like Tom Brady.

Moosetrot
Posted By: white17

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 04:48 PM

Looks hot and makes me itch !!!
Posted By: trapNH

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 05:10 PM

That picture doesn't show the lupiens. A little early for them. I live right in the center of the state and yes too many people.

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by trapNH
That picture doesn't show the lupiens. A little early for them. I live right in the center of the state and yes too many people.

They are a tad late this year...up there.

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by run
Looks like a little bit like Virginia to me.

But a lot cooler and less humidity......and we don’t talk like you all.....
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 09:10 PM

Nessy, you do talk different up there! So I gotta ask....what is a lupien? Hope it's not a fish.....like hornpow! I neverseen that spelled, but I had to see one, just to find out it's a black bullhead! Yall have good taste in mucle cars though! grin
Posted By: run

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 09:20 PM

I think he means lupine.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 10:02 PM

New Hampshire, Maine, and Vermont are the most beautiful states in the northeast. I love the Adirondacks too, but I agree that there are just too many people.We need to let a few more million illegals in,.Sick and tired going everywhere I go seeing half the signs in Spanish. I'll take the New England accent anytime. Fresh seafood and clean air. Only one thing wrong, and that's spelled BRADY.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 10:46 PM

It sure is beautiful country up there. I was in the Adirondacks last week and it was wonderful. Could’ve done without the black flies... put up my first fisher though so that was nice.

Attached picture 7A55072E-D821-4F13-8ED2-17BA0C0B3D6D.jpeg
Attached picture 938AF4E0-CD4D-4F6A-B5A0-B922902AA0DE.jpeg

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Macthediver
Nessie my daughter is out your way, was in Manchester for some convention actually on her way back to WI this morning. Do have a niece that lives in Concord.. Drove out there several years ago for her wedding .. Pretty country..

Mac

No niece in Concord....but Manchester is close by.

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Wild_Idaho
No, that can't be New Hampshire? I don't see Ness running on that hillside waving a Bruins flag, screaming something about freedom.

For a new guy...your getting the hang of this place....your doing ok...LMAO !!!

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Nessy, you do talk different up there! So I gotta ask....what is a lupien? Hope it's not a fish.....like hornpow! I neverseen that spelled, but I had to see one, just to find out it's a black bullhead! Yall have good taste in mucle cars though! grin

Lee...here’s the Lupine .....and yes Horn pout / bullhead ,catfish. [Linked Image]
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/09/19 11:40 PM

Nessy, you got kin in New York?

Attached picture 877FD059-36F2-4C7D-AF5A-35D2710C2211.jpeg
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/10/19 05:01 AM

You can say what you want about anyone crazy enough to live where there are only two seasons, Winter, and The Other Two Months, but there is nowhere on Earth where it gets as dark green as it does in Yankeeland during those two months.
Posted By: trapNH

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/10/19 09:39 AM

I would not be any where else, even though the summers are short.

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/10/19 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Nessy, you got kin in New York?

LMAO !
Posted By: snowy

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/10/19 01:11 PM

That is a beautiful meadow.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/10/19 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mac
The Presidential Range is notorious for having some of the worst weather on Earth, mainly because of the unpredictability of high wind speeds and whiteout conditions on the higher summits. Because of the poor weather conditions, the Presidential Range is often used for mountaineering training for those who go on to climb some of the world's highest mountains, including K2 and Everest.

I believe the 2nd highest recorded wind speed on earth was recorded on the

summit weather station of 6,288 ft Mountain Washington on

April 12th, 1934 at 231 MPH.

Higher wind speeds have since been recorded in

various tornado, typhoon, or hurricane episodes but

Mount Washington still holds the record for non-cyclonic events.

w
Posted By: don403

Re: What NH Looks like... - 06/10/19 04:02 PM

burins are hot
© 2024 Trapperman Forums