Home

Sad Whooping Crane news.

Posted By: J.Morse

Sad Whooping Crane news. - 06/11/19 01:06 AM

The banded and GPS tagged Whooper I saw last April in the neighboring county to mine was found May 5th up on Manitoulin Island, Ontario. Some fecal-for-brains shot it. Hope they find out who did it. The reward is growing.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Sad Whooping Crane news. - 06/11/19 01:14 AM

That is a bad deal for sure, but the sad thing is that the reward will grow much faster than it would for any reward for a child molester or murderer.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Sad Whooping Crane news. - 06/11/19 01:14 AM

When, and where the heck was Boco that morning??

Kidding you of course Boco. What a sorry deal.

Osky
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Sad Whooping Crane news. - 06/11/19 02:22 AM

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjD8KmwruDiAhUlVd8KHSJLCeYQFjABegQIChAF&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbc.ca%2Fnews%2Fcanada%2Fsudbury%2Fwhooping-crane-death-1.5169514&usg=AOvVaw1GGJepnojRg8nWqSBuw_Qs
Sad day when CBC radio broadcast this.

but remember that you have to respect harvest of First Nations if this is the case, there is a lot of prior history of consumption of Whooping Cranes in their culture.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Sad Whooping Crane news. - 06/11/19 02:26 AM

I hear they taste a lot better than geese.
Here the cree call the sandhill cranes wild turkey.
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Sad Whooping Crane news. - 06/11/19 03:27 AM

Sad day when CBC radio broadcast this.

but remember that you have to respect harvest of First Nations if this is the case, there is a lot of prior history of consumption of Whooping Cranes in their culture.[/quote]

Even the First Nations people don't have "harvest rights" to Whooping Cranes. For Christ sakes, there are only about 800 or so left, even counting the ones in captivity.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Sad Whooping Crane news. - 06/11/19 03:49 AM

Absolutely nothing worse then a poacher or a person that just wants to kill.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums