Home

Posted By: bowhunter27295

. - 06/12/19 11:23 AM

Posted By: Finster

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 11:32 AM

Years ago I was a property manager. I took care of 200 apartments in 6 different buildings. One thing I learned is that if you ever upset a homosexual, they never let it go. Even after the problem is fixed, they will whine and cry about it forever. They would call the main office constantly, read you the riot act at every chance, complain about everything, even things that were out of your control. Most times I would have no choice other than to not renew their lease after the year was up which legally I could do. These people for the most part do not think like normal people. They play the victim card every chance they get. These people will not stop until the guy is out of business. That is their goal and all because he wouldn't make a cake for something he sees as a sin. But hey, we have to bend over backwards to give these people their "rights" even at the demise of ours. mad
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 11:40 AM

lgbtqabcdefg

Classic!!
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 11:49 AM

I guess the boycott isn't working. lol

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 11:56 AM

If you want to know where the alphabet soup came from, here is a history lesson. Warning: rainbow flags abound on this website...

https://medium.com/queer-history-fo...andom-collection-of-letters-cd8456e1118d
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 01:02 PM

Perhaps instead of having parades and prancing around, they should take baking classes.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 01:07 PM

Bowhunter, those were my thoughts as I read the article late last night.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Cathouse Jim
Perhaps instead of having parades and prancing around, they should take baking classes.

lol
Posted By: ponyboy

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 01:37 PM

agreed.....
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 02:26 PM

Sued again? who are the ones racist now?

If all the people in the world were lbgtq whatever, they would still feel that deep in their soul something is not right. No matter how hard they try to squelch the right, they'll still have that nagging guilty feeling.
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
The cake shop in CO that won in the supreme court is being sued again. This time it's a tranny.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news...refusing-to-bake-gender-transition-cake/

Is it just me or does it seem strange as to why the lgbtqabcdefg community finds it hard to be accepted? I guess the targeted bigotry of Christian rights will continue from the alphabet people.

Why can't they respect people like they want to be respected?

If this guy gets a gofundme page set up, I will be donating to help.

Targeted discrimination by Christians, in this case I would say that being targeted is from the other side, I have nothing against anyone no matter there race, religion, or sexual preferences or what they choose to do to their plumbing

That being said my ire is raised when they try to force me or others to conform to their beliefs or behaviors they don’t have that right, just as I don’t have the right to force them to conform to mine or when they or anyone really fails to let others be the way that they want to be as long as their not hurting anyone but themselves but that all charges when they begin to force their viewpoint on others
Posted By: Pete in Frbks

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Finster
But hey, we have to bend over backwards to give these people their "rights" even at the demise of ours. mad

Bending over BACKWARDS is not the awkward part....!
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 04:01 PM

That must be some dang good cake for all these folks wanting a cake made at this bakery.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by ponyboy

agreed.....

X2. Good grief, what's it gonna take for these people to leave the poor guy alone.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 04:09 PM

Or... One of their own could open a bakery that caters to their preferences.

Call it "Fruit Cakes" or something.

Mike

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 04:10 PM

Catch22, he should bake them one and "accidentally" spill laxative in the frosting whistle
Posted By: Boco

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 04:17 PM

What the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) does religion have to do with making a cake.Does this idiot discriminate against a jew that wants a cake for a bar mitzva,or a muzlim that wants a cake?
Queers etc are accepted in our society,if this cake baker feels he has to discriminate against certain segments of the public because of his religion,he should pursue another line of work not involving serving the public.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
What the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) does religion have to do with making a cake.Does this idiot discriminate against a jew that wants a cake for a bar mitzva,or a muzlim that wants a cake?
Queers etc are accepted in our society,if this cake baker feels he has to discriminate against certain segments of the public because of his religion,he should pursue another line of work not involving serving the public.

Its his shop, who cares who he discriminates against? I dont. Why cant he determine who he is allowed the freedom to associate with?
Posted By: ToTheWoods

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 04:27 PM

My wife's cousin is gay/lesbian whatever. She and her partner and their friends are appalled by all this. She told us that being as it can be hard enough being different from the norm to continue to bring this publicity onto the "community" only adds to problems. The goal is just to live a normal life and raise a family just like anyone else in this world.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 04:33 PM

I'm beginning to wonder about Boco.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav

You a slow learner Beav lol.

Good one adam!

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav

I'm beginning to have my suspicions confirmed about Boco wink

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 04:53 PM

He is following his conviction of not partaking in someone else's sin. The Bible makes it clear homosexuality and the like are an abomination. Why should he be forced to make something that goes against his conscious his religion?
Should we be able to go to kosher butcher shop and demand they sell us pork? No. We have freedom of religion. These people went to him knowing full well he wouldn't do it. It's not like he's the only Baker in Colorado. They should have accepted the NO instead of throwing a tantrum taking him to court again to which ther judge says nope. Then they want to do a civil suit. It's nuts. This group of confused people need to stop demanding everyone cater to their wants and desires.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 05:10 PM

Spin it how you want-its discrimination-plain and simple.And that is not acceptable today.
No different from saying he wont make a cake for blacks.And its not just about baking cakes=same applies to all other sectors of business open to the public-renting etc.
It is unacceptable to discriminate due to race,religion,or sexual orientation,among other things.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 05:33 PM

Rumor has it he's been seen sporting a fur loincloth. Some say it was a thong. Tanned it himself. Gerbil.
Unconfirmed.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 05:44 PM

The cakebaker needs to "turn the other cheek"
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 05:52 PM

So Boco If this baker refused to make you a cake with a Canadian flag on It would you sue him?

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 05:53 PM

No,I'd kick him in the grapes and leave.
I'm not the litigious type.
Posted By: Badgerman50

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 05:57 PM

I would just bake the cake and post a sign that 25% of all gay/lesbo/tranny cake profits will be donated to their choice of the NRA, GOA, or Trump’s re-election campaign.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Posco

Rumor has it he's been seen sporting a fur loincloth. Some say it was a thong. Tanned it himself. Gerbil.
Unconfirmed.

Boco loves the queen and queens.grin

Keith
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 06:05 PM

Years ago I was a property manager. I took care of 200 apartments in 6 different buildings. One thing I learned is that if you ever upset a homosexual, they never let it go. Even after the problem is fixed, they will whine and cry about it forever. They would call the main office constantly, read you the riot act at every chance, complain about everything, even things that were out of your control. Most times I would have no choice other than to not renew their lease after the year was up which legally I could do. These people for the most part do not think like normal people. They play the victim card every chance they get. These people will not stop until the guy is out of business. That is their goal and all because he wouldn't make a cake for something he sees as a sin. But hey, we have to bend over backwards to give these people their "rights" even at the demise of ours. mad

They already have "rights". What they really want are special privileges. To be put in the same class as the elderly, handicapped, etc.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 06:07 PM

I enjoy most of Boco's post but I strongly disagree with him on this one. Freedom

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 06:11 PM

Spin it how you want-its discrimination-plain and simple.And that is not acceptable today.
No different from saying he wont make a cake for blacks.And its not just about baking cakes=same applies to all other sectors of business open to the public-renting etc.
It is unacceptable to discriminate due to race,religion,or sexual orientation,among other things.

That's also known as political correctness with no common sense thrown in. It's also discrimination trying to force someone to perform an act that's against their religion. Is it discrimination on the part of Muslims to kill gay people?

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 06:14 PM

Your living in the past.
Being gay is acceptable in society today.
And the laws of the land protect them from discrimination.
At one time it was acceptable to discriminate against people because of race-remember?Was OK as long as you weren't the race being discriminated against.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 06:25 PM

If this guy has to bake a cake against his beliefs, then a jewish printer has to print pro-Nazi pamphlets, a liberal sign maker has to make Trump-2020 campaign signs, a gay baker has to bake a "homosexuality is a sin" cake and a black caterer has to cater a KKK meeting. Any business owner should be able to turn anyone down, for whatever reason. If that business owner is being a dummy to their customers, word will spread and the free market will do it's thing and put them out of business.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 06:31 PM

So Boco, what about the bakers rights?
Let's spin it another way, would you like it if you were forced to donate your fur check to PETA?
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 06:38 PM

It's a little thing called "freedom" Folks from your country don't know much about it.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 06:40 PM

Your living in the past.
At one time it was acceptable to discriminate against people because of race-remember?Was OK as long as you weren't the race being discriminated against.

He doesn't refuse to serve any person. He only refuses to endorse certain messages.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose
If this guy has to bake a cake against his beliefs, then a jewish printer has to print pro-Nazi pamphlets, a liberal sign maker has to make Trump-2020 campaign signs, a gay baker has to bake a "homosexuality is a sin" cake and a black caterer has to cater a KKK meeting. Any business owner should be able to turn anyone down, for whatever reason. If that business owner is being a dummy to their customers, word will spread and the free market will do it's thing and put them out of business.

This guy ^^^ gets it.

All this "freedom from discrimination" junk should only apply to government/public institutions.

Mike
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 06:49 PM

Me to! Boco you're not heterophobic are you??

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Badgerman50
I would just bake the cake and post a sign that 25% of all gay/lesbo/tranny cake profits will be donated to their choice of the NRA, GOA, or Trump’s re-election campaign.

Just charge enough for that cake to make a meaningful contribution, say $5000.00, there's no law against charging what you want!

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 07:13 PM

Good points, good post.
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 07:50 PM

I agree with boco, your in the business to make cakes, make him a cake. I don't care what its for, what it says or who eats it, his job is to make cakes.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 08:22 PM

Your living in the past.

Being gay is not acceptable in most societies today. In most countries being gay is a punishable offense and at least frowned on and hidden.

Many, if not most, Christians in the US and Canada see being gay as a mortal sin. Muslims in the US and Canada also mostly see being gay as wrong and punishable.

The LBGTs&Qs are hurting their own cause by forcing others to acknowledge and respect their ways. They are irritating people, like me, who have nothing against them, when they attempt to use the law to violate other people's civil rights.

I believe something goes wrong during development, causing people to be gay, which is why most gays have secondary sex characteristics of the opposite sex. Lesbians typically have longer ring fingers than index fingers, squared off masculine faces, more body and facial hair, more muscle development and deeper voices than heterosexual women. Gay men typically have longer index fingers than ring fingers, more feminine faces, less facial and body hair, less muscle mass, higher voices and display more emotions than heterosexual men. There are some gays that could pass at heterosexuals, but definitely not most.

Keith

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by lumberjack391
I agree with boco, your in the business to make cakes, make him a cake. I don't care what its for, what it says or who eats it, his job is to make cakes.

If he owns the business then his job is whatever he decides it is.

Mike

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 08:47 PM

Your living in the past.

At it's core, the case has nothing to do with homosexuality. It's about an artist (in this case, this guy considers his custom cakes to be art pieces) being forced to create art that he doesn't agree with. That's why I used examples of a sign maker, baker, printer, and caterer (chefs often consider their food to be "artwork"). This guy would happily sell a gay couple or a trans person one of his regular pre-made cakes, he just refused to create a custom cake for them. It's akin to telling a painter that he has to paint a picture of a chevy, or a sculptor that he has to make a sculpture of a duke 550. You don't get to tell an artist what kind of art they must create.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 08:54 PM

Your living in the past.

At it's core, the case has nothing to do with homosexuality. It's about an artist (in this case, this guy considers his custom cakes to be art pieces) being forced to create art that he doesn't agree with. That's why I used examples of a sign maker, baker, printer, and caterer (chefs often consider their food to be "artwork"). This guy would happily sell a gay couple or a trans person one of his regular pre-made cakes, he just refused to create a custom cake for them. It's akin to telling a painter that he has to paint a picture of a chevy, or a sculptor that he has to make a sculpture of a duke 550. You don't get to tell an artist what kind of art they must create.

Yes, the case is about freedom of expression. The LBGTs&Qs are attempting to use the courts to force the baker, to give up his freedom of expression and to sublimate it to their own. It is not right.

Keith

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 09:00 PM

The courts have already established it is against the law to discriminate based on sexual orientation.
You medieval brained people should move to iran where it is ok to throw nonconformist people to their deaths because their bible says so.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 09:05 PM

The courts have already established it is against the law to discriminate based on sexual orientation.
You medieval brained people should move to iran where it is ok to throw nonconformist people to their deaths because their bible says so.

This case is not about discrimination. It is about attempting to force an artist to express themselves in a manner that they don't want to.

I would have made the cake and sold it to the gay couple, because gays getting married does not bother me. I 100% respect the rights of the baker not to be forced to make a cake, that goes against his moral code.

Keith

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 09:08 PM

Hogwash.You don't have to have a sex test to buy art
And since when is a cake art,for cryin out loud,lol.
Posted By: grampy

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 09:10 PM

Boco. Is James on holidays? lol

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 09:13 PM

James is a lawyer,I believe.He could school some of these phony bible thumpers on here about discrimination law.
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 09:18 PM

Or ...we can just not endorse their lifestyle by not baking a cake.

Death seems a bit extreme.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 09:22 PM

You don't have to have a sexuality test to buy art, correct. But, an artist doesn't have to create art for you if they don't feel like it. That's the issue.

Whether or not a cake is art is up to the baker. Heck, I have a hard time considering most paintings art. Who are you and I to decide? Some people think nice looking buildings are art. Some people consider their farts a work of art.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 09:25 PM

I sell fur to people without interrogating them about their sexual practices,None of my business,even though I don't agree with that lifestyle.And I don't give a rip as long as they want to buy what I am selling.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 09:28 PM

Its against the law to discriminate and refuse on the basis of sexual orientation.
You can refuse if you run out of cake mix.Or paint,but not because the buyer is queer.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7

They already have "rights". What they really want are special privileges. To be put in the same class as the elderly, handicapped, etc.

Yes, I know. That's why I put "rights" in quotes

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 09:39 PM

I sell fur to people without interrogating them about their sexual practices,None of my business,even though I don't agree with that lifestyle.And I don't give a rip as long as they want to buy what I am selling.

That's your business model and that works for you. Great.

Now if a couple of homosexuals wanted to buy your fur to use in an advertisement for an anti-trapping campaign would you be so eager to sell it to them?

Mike
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 09:42 PM

Instead of where's Waldo? let's play Where's Boco?

[Linked Image]

Disclaimer: This is actually done in jest but to keep the image of Christian's being mean, please think of it as a spiteful and hateful gesture.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by adam m
Catch22, he should bake them one and "accidentally" spill laxative in the frosting whistle

Then I guess they would need a cake taster as well as a wine taster. Might just be best to try it out on the cat first!

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 10:41 PM

The law is the law=freedom for people to go about their day to day lives without having to put up with discrimination-that is the meaning of freedom,not using religion as an excuse to discriminate.It is the law of the land now.You cannot take away peoples freedoms like you did in the past-suck it up buttercup.
Religion is always used as a reason to discriminate,at least in western culture that is no longer acceptable.
Plenty of germans eat bagels baked by jews.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 10:46 PM

Lots of people on here agree with me on this. They,unlike me, are scared to say anything in case they get called names by the bible thumping bigots.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 10:46 PM

The law is the law=freedom for people to go about their day to day lives without having to put up with discrimination-that is the meaning of freedom,not using religion as an excuse to discriminate.It is the law of the land now.You cannot take away peoples freedoms like you did in the past-suck it up buttercup.
Religion is always used as a reason to discriminate,at least in western culture that is no longer acceptable.

So freedom is the act of demanding someone serve you under threat of force if they dont comply... interesting.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 11:10 PM

Freedom is actually the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.

The baker is enjoying his freedom by exercising his right not to have to bake someone a cake, for an event he considers immoral. He is legally free to do so, which is why he won in court on first go around.

I think he should of just made the gays their cake, but support his right not to do so.

Keith
Posted By: Dan Burkdoll

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 11:36 PM

Bake the wedding cake. Say the value of said cake is $1000 dollars. Charge them $30,000 if it’s that good of a cake and are willing to pay, donate everything to your local church.
Posted By: PSB1011

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 11:51 PM

It is not acceptable to own, carry,and use hand guns by the general public by Canadians these days either.
Too bad for you guys.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 11:54 PM

Even more exact.

What about a muslim cake baker and a homosexual wedding cake?

If you are unaware of what muslims think of homos, educate yourself.

Would they be called a quran thumper?

Homosexuals would most likely be scared to death of getting thrown off a roof, or through a second story window asking a muslim to bake a wedding cake for them.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/12/19 11:56 PM

For the record,I discriminate all the time daily for many reasons, many,many and all reasons. None excluded.
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 12:13 AM

Meanwhile,the queers and liberals are perfectly fine with banning chick-fil-a from airports.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-chick-fil-a-restaurants-in-two-airports
Posted By: Dan Burkdoll

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by 'yote_slayer
Bake the wedding cake. Say the value of said cake is $1000 dollars. Charge them $30,000 if it’s that good of a cake and are willing to pay, donate everything to your local church.

But then that would be discrimination based on homosexuality. He is asking for religious respect. It really isn't that hard to do.

But then that would be discrimination based on homosexuality. He is asking for religious respect. It really isn't that hard to do.

I understand what he’s trying to do and I don’t blame him a bit. I’m just thinking out loud for an alternative for getting sued. All. The. Time by these people. Say it’s over priced for another reason whatever it may be. Your word against theirs.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by mnsota
Meanwhile,the queers and liberals are perfectly fine with banning chick-fil-a from airports.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-chick-fil-a-restaurants-in-two-airports

Yep, but I bet they say well, that's different.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 01:12 AM

Its all just one way, their way. No reciprocal action.

Boco's on the slippery slope. Pretty soon, if it hasn't happened all ready, there will Canadian Christians sitting in jail because they refuse to do actions they consider break their faith. What's next, making doctors perform abortions because its the "law", that will probably be in the Dems 2020 party platform. The Nazis and Soviets had laws too, doesn't make them right...

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 01:25 AM

In California you can be fined and imprisoned for using their correct gender to address someone, if they don't want you to use that gender.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ne...pronoun-sponsor-denies-that-would-happen

Keith

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 01:25 AM

That was my contention earlier, charge a dumbfounding amount of money, and let them know up front that you're donating the proceeds to the Boy Scouts, YMCA, NRA, NTA, or another organization that they hate. Then let them order the deluxe model! YES?

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 01:27 AM

You want to change your laws to be more like the medieval Muzzies,and take away the freedom from discrimination have at er.But your in the minority so good luck with that .
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 01:33 AM

What the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) is a Gender Transition cake anyway?

Why you want to be like the crazy muzlims in the middle east?

In western society the discrimination laws don't discriminate on basis of religion.

By your logic, I can go to a Muslim Cook and force him to do a pig roast for me.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 01:36 AM

Why you want to be like the crazy muzlims in the middle east?

In western society the discrimination laws don't discriminate on basis of religion.

Um, actually we still do have religious freedom, supposedly. Maybe you Canooks don't

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 01:36 AM

Yes,muslims in the middle east countries have sharia law that discriminates.
No sharia law here in the west yet,maybe you like that style of law?

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 01:38 AM

Yes we have freedom of religion,and like you cannot use religion as an excuse to discriminate
Freedom of religion does not include the freedom to discriminate.(unless you are under sharia)

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 01:38 AM

You are a piece of work... Sharia law would be the exact opposite of having religious freedom.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 01:39 AM

You want to change your laws to be more like the medieval Muzzies,and take away the freedom from discrimination have at er.But your in the minority so good luck with that .

Boco, I'm not certain you're understanding fully what's being said here. There's been no suggestion that any laws should be changed at all, or if you think so, where was it suggested? The only contention here is that you should be able to work for whomever you choose (religion or not), but you should not try to prevent someone from having a cake (or whatever other service) made by a willing participant/baker because you don't believe in why the cake is made. That seems to be what most are saying here. The U.S. was founded on the premise of... Freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 01:39 AM

Yes we have freedom of religion,and like you cannot use religion as an excuse to discriminate
Freedom of religion does not include the freedom to discriminate.(unless you are under sharia)

Like, you don't have a clue what you are talking about. If something violates our religion, we have the right not to participate in said thing.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 01:40 AM

That is my point skinner,why do you want to be like them and use religion as an excuse to discriminate

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 01:43 AM

Our society(western) has laws against discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.You seem to want to change that law to be more like the medieval muzzies who practice sharia.
Good luck trying to get rid of discrimination laws-you are in the minority.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 01:49 AM

The baker is using religion as an excuse to discriminate against a group.If his bakery said Christian themed cakes only sold here-no problem.But he chose to pick and choose who he wanted to do business with on the basis of their sexual orientation.
It would be the same if he said I'm not selling to a jew because they killed the Christ messiah.Can't do it.That is just using religion as an excuse for bigotry.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 01:56 AM

BH,our laws here cover a lot more than your list.It includes age as well as a host of others.
I bet he did get his cake somewhere else,but not before reporting the bigot for discriminating against him.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 01:59 AM

Our country is fine and so is yours.You just don't like the laws.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:01 AM

Of course our laws protect religious freedom,we have a more freer country than you.
We don't have to walk around armed to the teeth to feel free or safe.That must be a heck of a way to have to live life.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:07 AM

There is no religious right to discriminate.
Unless you are sharia.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:07 AM

So if a pedophile wants a cake baked with the image of a naked child on it and the baker refuses to bake it due to his belief that pedophilia is wrong, the baker is a bigot?
Posted By: Barryf

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:08 AM

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:08 AM

No that would be covered under obscenity laws.Paedophelia is against the law.
Homosexuality is not against the law anymore.Modern western society has accepted that.
Like I said if you want to change the law=good luck.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:10 AM

If you don’t think there’s no sharia law being practiced in the USA and Canada you are out to lunch Boco

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:12 AM

That may be true Barry but I doubt it is above ground.
And it could become the law of the land at some point if the majority of the population wants it in a democratic society.But then we would no longer have a democratic society.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:13 AM

No that would be covered under obscenity laws.Paedophelia is against the law.

Is it against the law if the act of pedophilia has not occurred? The pedophile only wants a picture on the cake.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:14 AM

I'm sure there are homo's who are bigots just like any cross section of the population,and no they don't have a right to use religion as an excuse to discriminate.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:19 AM

Nothing wrong with having a plastic person on a cake,as long as its not obscene.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:19 AM

Boco it’s being practiced every day in Are Country in lots off Mosques right openly kill every non believer in there Religion

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:22 AM

Unless you are sharia.

You are WRONG!!!

The Supreme Court of the United States followed the US Constitution and said that the baker could not be forced to bake a cake for a gay wedding.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/04/poli...y-marriage-cake-supreme-court/index.html

The baker won the second case against him, brought by Colorado too.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...end-legal-fight-over-transgender-n979816

He will win the third case too.

Keith

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:23 AM

I never been in a mosque,but that wouldn't surprise me.
I don't like their laws,their way of thinking and I don't want to be like them.
But under our laws of freedom we cant discriminate against them because of their religion.
But we can take them out when they start breaking our laws.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:25 AM

Wont surprise me Keith.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:28 AM

In your dreams.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:30 AM

Boco can't stand the fact that judges have already sided with the Baker twice.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:32 AM

I could care less.
I think a lot of yous got bum blasted as kids that's why your bigoted against homo's.LOL.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:34 AM

I like cake.
Posted By: ponyboy

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:37 AM

How about we make a law that you have to put your own plastic persons on your own dam cake? That may settle it.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:43 AM

Of course our laws protect religious freedom,we have a more freer country than you.
We don't have to walk around armed to the teeth to feel free or safe.That must be a heck of a way to have to live life.

You might be mistaking being forced into conformity with freedom. Government is fine as long as it's your idea of what government should look like. What if my idea of what government should look like has the upper hand and you don't much like it? The folks who wrote our constitution had it right. Limited government. Put a stranglehold on it.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:55 AM

Government barely exists for me here.
The last free people in your country were the Indians,and you took away their freedom.Supposedly in the name of freedom?
Keep dreaming.Visit Northern Canada for a taste of real freedom.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 02:56 AM

could care less.
I think a lot of yous got bum blasted as kids that's why your bigoted against homo's.LOL.

Actually Boco, that's how a lot of men become homosexuals. They are abused as children, often very young ("I've always felt this way") or recruited at an older age by a same sex person. The gays have a term for this, its called "chicken hawking". I know a physician who was in and out of the U.S. Army for 40 years and he told me he never meet an adult gay man, who when opened up enough, didn't say they weren't recruited. Science can't show us the genes that makes someone gay. There may be people who are per-disposed of becoming gay because of their genetics but there is no defacto "gay" gene(s). I'm sure their community would love to find that actual science (I'm sure they are looking) but it hasn't happened yet. A person's skin color is genetically derived, a person's sexuality is not, even if Mayor Pete Butt-whatever says God made him gay.
Posted By: Ryan McLeod

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by PAskinner

It's a little thing called "freedom" Folks from your country don't know much about it.

Being that this is a trapping forum I’ll just compare our trapping freedoms. I can trap as many animals of whatever species I want to. That’s just one example.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 03:02 AM

The last free people in your country were the Indians,and you took away their freedom.Supposedly in the name of freedom?

We have the Indians all in prison...? If your definition of Native American "freedom" is that get to claim the entire country as theirs, then yeah, Euro-Americans took that away from them. If a Native American lives off the reservation, they are as free as any other American, such as a couple of my colleagues at work. If they live on the reservation, they live under both the U.S. federal law and their own tribal law. I can't go onto a reservation and force them to do anything they don't want to do. Sounds like they have freedom to me.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 03:06 AM

Keep dreaming.Visit Northern Canada for a taste of real freedom.

It's shameful the way the US government treated early native Americans. It's a blot on our history for sure. Early native Americans brutalized each other as well and were probably far more savage than the US Army ever thought of being. Don't gloss over that.

I want government to "barely exist" for me, too. I assume your freedom is markedly different from that of your brethren living in Toronto.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan McLeod
Being that this is a trapping forum I’ll just compare our trapping freedoms. I can trap as many animals of whatever species I want to. That’s just one example.

You'll find that when you have a population density of .0000001 per square kilometer.
Posted By: zoozoo400

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 04:00 AM

Your living in the past.

As a Q, I understand why the trans/queer person would be upset. As an artist, I understand not wanting to make something out of my comfort zone. In terms of content, anyway. I don't want to be commissioned niche erotic comics, pro-pedo nastiness, or racist crap LOL.. Though I do enjoy an artistic challenge (change of medium, style, methods, etc)!

I personally don't understand the point of suing the cake company, especially when certainly there are plenty of cake stores around. If it were me being refused a cake, I'd say "Aight.. I'll take my money elsewhere." Then go on to tell all of the people I know not to order cakes from that baker, because of whatever reason it was that they refused to make it (if they told me, anyway). I find it would be a much better way to get the desired effect. Which, I suppose, would be to decrease their business? I mean, whatever my friends decide to do after I inform them is their prerogative.

Most people don't like going where they aren't welcome, anyway... Just as I am anxious to attend the convention next week. Though that may be caused by my own assumption of how y'all might perceive me. However, I digress..

If I were the baker and someone asked for a racist/homophobic cake, I'd certainly say no & tell them to GTFO. I feel if the situation were different.. for instance.. if the shop owner saw a queer person come in and said "NOPE. NOT YOU. NO SERVICE. BYE." and refused to serve them at all... That could be reason to sue. Money is money, anyway, it all looks the same regardless of who it's from. Unfortunately, I'm unaware of the details of the story. Mostly because I don't care enough about a (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) cake to get mad about it.

I bet it'd be possible to find a queer baker in the state to support.. but I am also aware of the difficulties of existing as a queer baker (or whatever profession) with a shop, depending on where one is living. I'm sure it would be much more difficult to own a store as a trans-person than as a lesbian, simply because of the fear caused by ignorance or hate caused by religious arrogance. As long as folks weren't defacing/vandalizing my store or threatening my life.. and I made enough money to live happily... I'd be alright.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 04:59 AM

I'm sure that in most big cities, if you fly the rainbow flag, you'd get plenty of business. It would most likely be more of an issue in a smaller city or small town. But, if you're good at what you do and don't try pinching my a** or tell me in sexually explicit ways what you would do to me, I'm sure we could do business together. Of course, I wouldn't be asking you to make me a gay pride or transgender coming out cake, but if you have no problem making me a straight themed cake, I have no problem giving you my cash. I don't ask the sexuality of my ebay or farmer's market customers. Or their politics or their religion. Its not needed to make our transaction.
Posted By: zoozoo400

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 05:33 AM

Ain't that the truth! Don't harass & you won't be harassed.. or I guess "Don't hand me no lines & keep your hands to yourself" cool laugh

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 07:57 AM

A minimal population has a minimal impact. See Chik-Fil-A.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 08:04 AM

You don't have to have a sexuality test to buy art, correct. But, an artist doesn't have to create art for you if they don't feel like it. That's the issue.

Whether or not a cake is art is up to the baker. Heck, I have a hard time considering most paintings art. Who are you and I to decide? Some people think nice looking buildings are art. Some people consider their farts a work of art.

lol

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 01:00 PM

That is my point skinner,why do you want to be like them and use religion as an excuse to discriminate

I don't think you know what discrimination is. You keep ignoring the fact that he did not refuse to serve gays. He only refused to endorse gay marriages and gay pride. I have no problem breaking bread with lesbians, etc, but that doesn't mean I'm under any obligation to say what they do is fine and dandy. I will give a vegan a loaf of bread if he's hungry, but I'm not under any obligation to run off flyers for him that promote his anti meat agenda. I think you can see the difference if you stop and think about it.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
Unless you are sharia.

You are WRONG!!!

The Supreme Court of the United States followed the US Constitution and said that the baker could not be forced to bake a cake for a gay wedding.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/04/poli...y-marriage-cake-supreme-court/index.html

The baker won the second case against him, brought by Colorado too.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...end-legal-fight-over-transgender-n979816

He will win the third case too.

Keith

This pretty much breaks Boco's point. The baker did not break the law, he's now being persecuted by the gay community. That's their vengeance, and personality dis-order. Justice would be if he counter sues and is awarded millions.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 01:56 PM

Guess what happens if the Muslims get hold of them

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Snowpa
Guess what happens if the Muslims get hold of them

Exactly. Add to that certain government officals support terrorism and shariah law its only a matter of time before infidels are executed in US streets

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 08:48 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Keith
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/13/19 10:03 PM

They already are a bunch of fruit cakes. I don't like faggots !
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/14/19 04:38 AM

All this nonsense is a direct result of a major reduction in queer bashing.
Posted By: Ryan McLeod

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/14/19 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Posco

You'll find that when you have a population density of .0000001 per square kilometer.

My idea of freedom.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/14/19 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Fisherman
They already are a bunch of fruit cakes. I don't like faggots !

Originally Posted by AntiGov
All this nonsense is a direct result of a major reduction in queer bashing.

Well....this took thread took a downturn, huh? Went from "freedom is good" to "faggots" and implying that people who have sex with the wrong people need to be bashed.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/14/19 11:26 AM

Pretty simple to me. By the cake at a different place.

Keith C, I wonder if the people in those pics know what happens to gay people in The Middle East. Last I heard it involved a tall building and the ground.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/14/19 01:16 PM

Gay Muslims for peace and the destruction of Israel, lol. You can't make this stuff up.
Posted By: Pete in Frbks

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/14/19 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Keith

I did not think you could even PAY people to be this stupid...

Apparently I was wrong!

Pete

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/14/19 04:57 PM

Kind of like lemmings jumping off the cliff, you wouldn't believe it unless you see with your own eyes, or at least hear about it from a credible source. Or whales stranding themselves on the beach on purpose. This throws the question out there, are we really smarter than animals?

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/14/19 05:32 PM

LGBTs&Qs were among the most vocal opponents of the Travel Ban on people from countries with high percentage terrorist populations, which the left called the Muslim travel ban.

It seems that many LGBTs&Qs wish to die horribly, because it is very obvious what Muslims do to them. It's likely that their hormone levels are so off, that they are ruled by raw emotion, that overwhelms their intellect, just like peta supporters, which many also are

Keith

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/14/19 05:38 PM

My idea of freedom.

I agree, Ryan. When you're that afar out of the loop you tend to be left alone.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/14/19 06:20 PM

be gay , wave your flag , I don't care.

what I would like to know is why is that the baker CAN NOT REFUSE to sell them a cake but WALMART CAN REFUSE to sell ammunition or rifles to 18, 19 and 20 year olds?

one is a constitutional right and the other is a cake.

maybe they haven't been challenged yet , any body got a lawyer and a 18 ,19 , or 20 year old who would like to challenge it ?

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! - 06/14/19 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
be gay , wave your flag , I don't care.

what I would like to know is why is that the baker CAN NOT REFUSE to sell them a cake but WALMART CAN REFUSE to sell ammunition or rifles to 18, 19 and 20 year olds?

one is a constitutional right and the other is a cake.

maybe they haven't been challenged yet , any body got a lawyer and a 18 ,19 , or 20 year old who would like to challenge it ?

I agree
One 18 yo has sued Walmart and Dicks. Not sure where that suit stands right now
© 2024 Trapperman Forums