Home

Old catalogs

Posted By: Badgerman50

Old catalogs - 06/12/19 05:48 PM

Are these worth anything? Going through some stuff in my shop. Don’t want to throw out anything that could be converted into cash.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: Old catalogs - 06/12/19 06:04 PM

Some people collect them. I have a bunch just because I have liked catalogs since I was a kid. Bring the Russ Carman to Rathdrum with those 3/8 drags if you don't want it.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Old catalogs - 06/12/19 06:04 PM

The Sterling catalog has a little bit of value. Maybe $5.00 or so. The other 2 are in very rough condition. Not worth anything but still fun to,look at.

The catalogs from the 30s and 40s have more collector value.- Butcher, FC Taylor, Hawbaker, companies like that.

As with any item, condition is everything.
Posted By: Badgerman50

Re: Old catalogs - 06/12/19 06:18 PM

Thanks Wissmiss. I figured you might know. I probably will bring a few items to Rathdrum.
Posted By: henpecked1

Re: Old catalogs - 06/12/19 07:05 PM

Agree with Wissmiss, first 2 are pretty rough, but if a fellow don't have one and he needs one, and you got one.....in light of that, you can never get hurt collecting paper at a reasonable price over the long haul. Don't forget old lure bottles and books also. Enjoy.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Old catalogs - 06/12/19 10:40 PM

Even in real nice condition those catalogs would not fetch much because they are not old enough. I wish I would have hung onto catalogs I got 60 years ago and longer. Now if you would have the first Hawbaker catalog you would have some value. Tom Parr once told me he only knew of 3 and each person paid $500 for their catalog, At that time I did not have Hawbaker's first (1940) catalog but I do have it now. I ain't telling how much I paid for it. grin
Posted By: henpecked1

Re: Old catalogs - 06/13/19 12:11 PM

A wealth of knowledge in Nittany, if you want to know about Hawbaker, you better ask this man. He knows his stuff and will share. That's a mentor we all need. Great share.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums