Home

Knee High Boots

Posted By: Chamacat

Knee High Boots - 06/16/19 11:42 PM

Yep..What brand of uninsulated rubber boot do you wear?..I was looking at the redhead utility rubber and neopreme boot..however it sold out of my size..I know some of you wear this type of footwear day in and day out..I would also like to know about comfort and longivity. in a 16" knee high.I really don't wont to wear my hip boots as there really is no need..thanks in advance..
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/16/19 11:52 PM

bought these about a year ago...I don't wear them everyday, though; but, so far so good!

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-...art=19&cgid=mens-footwear-work-boots
Posted By: B. Shope

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/17/19 12:18 AM

neoprene of any type never lasts for me. i would by an all rubber boot
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/17/19 12:35 AM

Muck brand for me.
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/17/19 12:55 AM

Ive been happy with my olive drab Lacross.18". I would get the air grip soles next time though.
Posted By: run

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/17/19 12:57 AM

The Muck boots that I have worn had very poor arch support. I like Dunlop's. But the hard ware store was sold out of my size.
Posted By: tjm

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/17/19 01:29 AM

I thought all trappers were boycotting Muck?

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/17/19 01:34 AM

what did muck do?
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/17/19 01:37 AM

LaCrosse Burly 18” with the Air Grip or Air Bob sole. I just replaced my last pair that were five or six years old. The soles were worn smooth and the rubber started to crack at the bend. I wear them a lot, they are my go to boot for hunting and trapping.

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/17/19 01:41 AM

Servus makes good boots, olive drab is what I've had the last few years. But you don't want to buy any rubber boot without trying them on, rubber/vinyl does not stretch or get broken in.
Posted By: ambush32

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/17/19 01:47 AM

Burly air grip sole for me..I have a few pairs and one pair is over 15 years old..not much left to the air grip but make great scouting boots..I like the flex in the soles, have crossed a lot of logs over creeks and small rivers while bow hunting..tried crossing a log with the alpha boot scared the heck out of me the soles are stiff and slippery..
Posted By: Chamacat

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/17/19 02:32 AM

Yep..Just looked at the burly's..nice boot..the air bob feature is seems like a must have in mud or snow..all rubber..without a doubt I'd be trying them on in store..A guy could get in a lot of trouble walking across the kitchen floor for wearing them puppy's..LOL
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/17/19 02:35 AM

Lacrosse Grange boots. They are uninsulated and light on your feet. Ankle tight fit. That's at least a 10 year boot.

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/17/19 02:36 AM

The burly's are insulated.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/17/19 02:41 AM

02 Octane from Cabela's work for me ran a pair since last fall through turkey season and love them!
Posted By: Zim

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/17/19 02:43 AM

I suppose I have a half dozen pair of slip on knee highs of one sort or other.
If you can, try them at a store and see how the fit is for you. I have a couple
pairs of Lacrosse Burleys in the same size and they fit different in the ankle-top foot area.
I have a couple pairs of Lacrosse Alphas uninsulated, I use a pair for work and a pair for hunting.
Last year I bought a pair of Muck boots and I will likely never go back to Lacrosse.
Again, try them before you buy them if you can, every one has different feet.
It seems to me the tighter fitting ankle boots bother me a bit more when I sit for awhile
in a tree stand or blind.

Zim

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/17/19 02:45 AM

I have a pair of burlys too, and what I noticed about both pairs of Lacrosse that I have is that the boots seem to be made for someone with a shallower arch . The lighter boot is not as hard on my feet as it's more flexible.
Posted By: Zim

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/17/19 02:53 AM

Agree with that Les. Not sure if LaCrosse is made in Wisconsin anymore frown or been outsourced.
I still have a pair of their waders and 2 pairs of hip boots hanging in the basement that have
a mile or two on them and still serve me well.
Alphas were just a Grange with a California paint job.

Zim
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/17/19 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by trapper les
The burly's are insulated.

It’s just a bit of foam insulation, not much at all. I wear them for spring turkey season when temps are warm. I also wear them in cold weather, just put on warmer socks.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/17/19 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Zim
Agree with that Les. Not sure if LaCrosse is made in Wisconsin anymore frown or been outsourced.
I still have a pair of their waders and 2 pairs of hip boots hanging in the basement that have
a mile or two on them and still serve me well.
Alphas were just a Grange with a California paint job.

Zim

I have a lot of experience with the burley's wore them for years as my go to. Also got more than one tour of the factory back when they were made here in LaCrosse.. As far as I know all LaCrosse boots are now made over seas, I believe China.. Was told it wages were literally pennies on the dollar deal... Plant here made real rubber boots for many years..All that is gone and the building now has a micro brewery and restaurant and other different business. I'm not sure what all..
I can't wear my burley's so much any more because I need more arch support than they have and I can't put my custom insoles in them. I do know I made the mistake one time of buying a pair a bit small. Wanted a pair I could wear with really light socks to wear bear baiting. make sure you try the boots on. .First time i wore them for a day and my feet seated a bit. I about pulled my hip out of the sockets trying to get them off. My feet had swollen just enough I actually came close to having to cut the boots off my ankles..Needles to say my son now has that pair boots..
So like others have said make sure you try any boot on. I suggest maybe in the afternoon when your feet are more in day mode. Not like I did when I bought the early morning pair to tight.

Mac
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/17/19 06:53 PM

Lacross is having a 25% off sale right now.
Posted By: Amy0h

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/23/19 02:03 PM

Haven't seen anyone mention Bogs boots. They have a better arch support than the Mucks ( I have both ) Can usually find them on sale at places like TSC or other farm supply stores.. sierratradingpost dot com also has them pretty regularly at discounted prices.
Posted By: patrapper1989

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/23/19 02:38 PM

How do you like the bogs compared to mucks ? I thought the mucks were great when they first came out but now it seems like they've sacrificed the quality. Lucky to get 1-2 years before the treads start peeling off. I bought a pair of cabelas this last time, so far so good about a year in.
Posted By: #11

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/23/19 04:58 PM

I wear the Black Lacrosse ZXT knee boots. I have a pair of each of the insulated and UNINSULATED. Very comfortable, bigger in the ankle than the Burley. I think they are very durable. I'm still on my first pair of each. I wear custom inserts, so I removed the factory one, put mine in there and have plenty of arch room. I probably wear them an average of 4 hours a day.

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/25/19 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by tjm
I thought all trappers were boycotting Muck?

Originally Posted by B. Shope
what did muck do?

Originally Posted by traprjohn
Since MUCK contributes to the AR and anti-gun movement, many of us are done with them.
We discussed this at length last year.

Maybe there's hope with Dryshod and Quatro

there was a to do over them donating to HSUS, I can't find the original thread. Maybe supporting the enemy is OK now. I can't keep up with all the boycotts.

Re: Knee High Boots - 06/25/19 01:34 AM

No outdoorsperson should ever buy any Muck product if thats the case. Is there any outfit that monitors these corporations and posts there donations? If not there should be. One click and you have an idea where to spend your money.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums