Home

Yeti Alternative

Posted By: 30/06

Yeti Alternative - 06/24/19 04:57 PM

We are looking for a new, high quality cooler, 25-45 qt. size rang. Looked at Grizzly, also heard about another brand nICE. Any thoughts on alternative coolers with similar design and construction to Yeti?
Posted By: ljo

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/24/19 05:13 PM

RTIC makes a great cooler,cheaper than a yeti. you won't go wrong.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/24/19 05:17 PM

In tests, Coleman Marine Extreme performs as well or better than Yeti and some other much more expensive brands. I've had mine about ten years.
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/24/19 05:33 PM

Check out Rugid coolers, they have a 5-year warranty and replaceable components in case you bust something.
Posted By: GUK

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/24/19 05:41 PM

SMAK plastics, Fish Box. If you ever need a large Yeti alternative.
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/24/19 06:23 PM

i use the coleman marine extreme. Much cheaper and works just fine.
Posted By: Machias

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/24/19 06:37 PM

RTIC, great coolers and tumblers!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/24/19 06:47 PM

Another vote for the rtic. Good stuff 👍
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/24/19 07:15 PM

I have a lifetime cooler which is a knock off also it work's very well for me at half the cost.
Allan
Posted By: danvee

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/24/19 08:09 PM

agree Coleman Marine plus a lot lighter load a Yeti up with ice and carry it before you buy
Posted By: handitrapper

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/24/19 08:15 PM

I just bought a “FATBOY" 75Qt. direct from their website. $210 with free shipping.

They are made in China. But very solid built.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/24/19 08:47 PM

Sasquatch
Bigfoot
Abominable Snowman
Posted By: 160user

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/24/19 09:52 PM

I have a “Cold Bass Turd” (had to play with words there) and I love it. Holds ice for a week, was cheaper and very quality construction.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/24/19 09:58 PM

Ice really ain't that expensive.

"I drive around town showin off my awesome Yeti cooler, but I can't pay my utility bill."
Posted By: oneoldboot

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/24/19 10:09 PM

I have an rtic 20 and would not recommend it. The handle is poor and pops off easily. The larger versions have better handles. Does it keeps ice longer than a cheap coleman. . . .yes, but I doubt this one could make it the week or so they say.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/24/19 10:12 PM

I have a nICE and a Kong. I like them both and they are just as good as a yeti for half the price.

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/24/19 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by danvee
agree Coleman Marine plus a lot lighter load a Yeti up with ice and carry it before you buy

Good point. The Coleman Marine Extreme insulates every bit as well as the Yeti but weighs about half in comparable sizes. More interior space too.
Posted By: flathead

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/24/19 11:47 PM

Orca is made in U.S.A. and they like outdoorsman for what it's worth.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/24/19 11:57 PM

Rtic is on sale fyi
Posted By: tjm

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/25/19 12:41 AM

Is Coleman not trapper/hunter friendly?
Pretty sure they are USA made and as mentioned above in more than one test out performed all the yuppie coolers.

But
Originally Posted by tomahawker
Sasquatch
Bigfoot
Abominable Snowman

or a cardbox with a news paper over it are all good answers...

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/25/19 01:06 AM

I think folks dismiss Coleman because they do make some cheap coolers. I have one I use when making trips to northern Jersey (2 hours) or camps (3.5 and 5 hours) where it's only got to keep stuff cold from fridge to fridge.

When I need stuff to stay cold for days I grab my Coleman Extreme Marine. It's a great cooler at a good price.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/25/19 01:12 AM

I made a cooler a few years ago out of scrap sheathing and 2" rigid insulation and some casters that were laying around.

It keeps ice for days....but it ain't pretty.

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/25/19 01:13 AM

Is yeti still on the boycott list because their anti gun stance?
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/25/19 02:24 AM

Abdominal Snowman is better than the Abominable one. The bigger abdomen insulates better and holds more.
Posted By: Nostalgia

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/25/19 03:41 AM

Gator coolers
Posted By: daveharmon

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/25/19 08:29 AM

Pelican coolers..military specs and they keep ice over a week.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/25/19 10:02 AM

If you don't spend at least $300 on a cooler that ain't cool at all.
Styrofoam works great and you can get the best for about $25 bux.
Posted By: John C

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/25/19 10:16 AM

I was in the market and actually found a yeti for what I could buy a RTIC for. I paid 144 for a twenty quart yeti. I also picked up a 65 brand new from cabelas bargain cave for 199.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/25/19 10:34 AM

Lots of good options out there.
I won an orca chest cooler in local high school trap shooting raffle. It keeps stuff really cold but fully loaded it takes two people to carry it anywhere. I do like it and it will work great in back of my truck on trips...but when I looked it up online to see what it retails for, I about crapped at seeing how expensive it was. Glad I won it for a $10 raffle ticket!
As for keeping stuff cold, it does really well, bit so does my big Coleman. I also like Walmart brands ozarks. Their yetti-style drink coolers and cups are just as functional in my opinion.
You can always get house brands too like cabelas, bass pro, scheels, etc. That will do virtually same as yetti or other high ends.
Jim
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/25/19 02:14 PM

I purchased an Coleman Marine Extreme on line last year. It cost me about $70/shipped to the house.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/25/19 02:54 PM

in a test of several coolers the Colman extreme did equal to the Yeti , no it doesn't have fancy rubber hold downs or look as cool but in holding the same bag of ice the same length of time they were the same

price wise the Coleman are about 50 dollars for a cooler that is the same size as a 300 dollar Yeti

I have 2 of the 70 quart Coleman extreme one normal blue one marine with stainless hinges and in white

my dad is running a larger 120 or 150 quart as his boat cooler

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/25/19 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
in a test of several coolers the Colman extreme did equal to the Yeti , no it doesn't have fancy rubber hold downs or look as cool but in holding the same bag of ice the same length of time they were the same

price wise the Coleman are about 50 dollars for a cooler that is the same size as a 300 dollar Yeti

I have 2 of the 70 quart Coleman extreme one normal blue one marine with stainless hinges and in white

my dad is running a larger 120 or 150 quart as his boat cooler

But is Coleman anti gun? Anti NRA?
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/25/19 04:26 PM

Love the Coleman Marine Extreme
Posted By: Snyde901

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/25/19 04:32 PM

Really like the Lifetime from Wal-Mart seems rugged, bear tested, 1/3 the price of a Yeti, and the best part is made in the USA.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/25/19 04:39 PM

I find big igloo or coleman coolers all the time on the bay, for the life of me I don't understand how a 100 quart cooler can fly off a boat and nobody notices....but, ..I use them and they hold ice very well, and I don't hurt myself lifting it , or have to chain it down in the back of the truck.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/25/19 05:30 PM

If you use your cooler a ton and are hard on stuff I strongly recommend a molded cooler like a yeti or and of the others.

My cooler rides around in the back of the work truck 8 months out of the year and there is someone going in out of it several times a day. I used to go through a cooler every couple years, I've had my yeti for several and I don't see why it won't last longer than I'll live. I can't say I'd recommend it over the other heavy duty molded brands like a rtic, cabelas, scheels, pelicans, etc, the reason I bought a yeti was they wasn't much else of an option.
Posted By: 30/06

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/25/19 06:06 PM

Thanks all, for your comments. I'll be going to town later this week, and look at whatever brands I cam find in Fairbanks. Thanks again.
Posted By: run

Re: Yeti Alternative - 06/25/19 08:11 PM

DeWalt 65qt. cooler for sale $249 . Air Works,Apple Creek,OH. 45 qt. Lunchbox $209.00.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums