Home

Trapping conventions and schools

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Trapping conventions and schools - 06/25/19 04:24 AM

How many different trapping conventions and private trapping schools or get togethers have you attended over the years. So far I have attended the NTA and FTA conventions, Pennsylvania Trappers conventions, Idaho Trappers convention, the late Darren Freeborough’s trapping seminars in PA and Don Powell’s Minktoberfest in PA.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/25/19 05:24 AM

Almost too many to count.

First one was in Iowa. August 1969. Can't remember if it was NTA or FTA.

Have attended FTA conventions in Kentucky, Michigan, Oregon. Maybe a few others.

NTA conventions in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Kansas, Indiana, New Mexico, Utah, North Carolina.

State conventions - Oregon (multiple times). Washington (multiple times). Minnesota. Idaho. Wisconsin. Montana.

Have never been to a private Trapping school butnhave been to several NATCA (North American Trap Collectors) meetings.

WOW!! I've really done some traveling over the last 50 years!!!
Posted By: trapper4002

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/25/19 08:53 AM

I try to hit the Pa. convention every year and this year I think I'm headed to the Maryland get together since I live within 30 miles of it
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/25/19 09:25 AM

I've been to quite a few NTA conventions, and several FTA. KS fur harvesters show as well. Went to a NTA in Ohio show in my semi one year bobtailed. Leaving the trailer in a truck stop. Pretty good place to camp. They let me pay primitive rates to park since I didn't need any hookups and all my friends I parked by were in tents or small pull trailer campers. Have done that twice for the state convention though I just took the trailer too.

Never paid for any trapping lessons though I have received a lot of them from friends I was trapping with. Many of them posting here. First lessons I got were from an old poacher. He was a rough old cuss but could trap.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/25/19 09:58 AM

been going to nta show since minn I think that was 2009 ? been to a few small show in wis. an been going to u p trapper show since 1978 now I help run it
Posted By: LDW

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/25/19 12:09 PM

Been to the Nebr. convention many times, as well at Dakotaline's get together 4 times. Went to Ed's Canine Mastery the first year he had it and The LKL trapping school this year. I highly recommend either
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/25/19 12:39 PM

I’ve been to the FTA in Lawerence Kansas and in Manchester Iowa. Went to Missouri’s state association last year and have plans to attend the NTA this year. I also attended Mark June’s Predator academy in KS this spring.
Posted By: run

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/25/19 01:27 PM

3vta. 1FTA.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/25/19 03:25 PM

Cant count=too many.
I attend the Fha convention every year and the OTA convention before that.Used to compete in all the competitions.
Attend all the OFMF summer conventions.
I have always attended as many councils workshops and field trips I can get to during the season,first to learn from seasoned trappers and now to pass on and share what I learned with new trappers.
I have been to 4 or 5 NTA conventions in the states,over the years.First was back in the 90's in Michigan,then Minnesota,Ohio,and a couple in NY.
Would like to go to the Alberta convention some time,but it is too far to go.
Posted By: Steelflight

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/25/19 03:41 PM

I have only attended mother natures trapping school. But I have only trapped one year. Lol
Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/25/19 04:42 PM

4 conventions, 2 schools and 1 fest.
Posted By: Tom Fisher

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/25/19 05:29 PM

Lots of FTA NTA, NYSTA,starting in the 70's. Went to the FTA college, West Texas Predator School a clinic sponsored by Bill Bailey in NH. Also meetings in North Dakota New Mexico Idaho Colorado Pa. Maine Mass Conn. Va. Maryland and some I might be forgetting
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/25/19 05:51 PM

Tom - didn't you and I first meet at some convention in the Midwest. And then reconnected many years later at a western NTA in Blackfoot, Idaho. I think it was Blackfoot, maybe a different western. I remember Claudia coming up to me and asking if I was Nancy S.

Small world. smile
Posted By: ambush32

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/25/19 08:49 PM

Posted By: trapperdan93

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/25/19 09:13 PM

3 NCTA, 1 VTA, 1 FTA
Posted By: Furvor

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/26/19 03:43 AM

When I lived in Monument Colorado I attended 2 or 3 CTA meetings. Worked as volunteer at 2 or 3 CTA sales. Learned a lot more by helping at sales than by attending meetings. Attended and volunteered at Western NTA Blackfoot, attended several ITA and USRTA meetings.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/26/19 01:27 PM

Been to at least 20 NTA conventions and I think 10 FTA conventions.
Posted By: krumui

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/26/19 02:03 PM

I have not missed a Fur Taker convention since the first I attended in 1973 at Bowling Green, Kentucky. That would make 47 in a row.

Louie
Posted By: Tom Fisher

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/26/19 02:23 PM

Nancy I think it was 73 in Ky. I bought some stock in OTC that you and Gary were promoting, I met a lot of great people there.
Posted By: krumui

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/27/19 07:43 PM

Just curious if anyone else has a streak going of FTA or NTA conventions attended
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/27/19 09:50 PM

I don’t think anyone can touch “the streak” you and Carol set... Man that’s a lot of conventions!
Hope you are doing well!
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Trapping conventions and schools - 06/27/19 10:19 PM

Attended state conventions in NY, PA, NC, VA, TN, and GA and both the NTA and FTA a few times. Summer and fall are short here so I haven't attended any since 2014.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums