Home

Nuisance Crow's

Posted By: whartonrattrappe

Nuisance Crow's - 06/26/19 12:53 PM

Need idea's on controlling crow's in the garden, preferably permanent.

I've tried all the sound and reflectors, shooting, call and shoot etc. These worked for a time over the last several years but became less and less effective to the point they are ignored now.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Nuisance Crow's - 06/26/19 02:43 PM

What they eating . If sweet corn on the ear just put solo cups over each ear ...

Re: Nuisance Crow's - 06/26/19 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
What they eating . If sweet corn on the ear just put solo cups over each ear ...

Ears LOL ...gotta have a stalk before you can get ears.? They plucked the sprouts and ate the kernel both times I planted.

The ground wasn't 65 degrees until the 16 of June this year. We rarely can plant sweet corn here before June.

Re: Nuisance Crow's - 06/26/19 03:37 PM

I also plant some exotic corn (blue, red, Indian) for my step daughter to sell at the farmers market. They ate that too. mad
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Nuisance Crow's - 06/26/19 05:18 PM

Can you use one of those motion detecting sprinklers? I'm just guessing, those things are smart and learn to adapt quickly.
Posted By: bobsheedy

Re: Nuisance Crow's - 06/26/19 05:24 PM

Did you hang a few suicide victims in the garden?
Posted By: trapNH

Re: Nuisance Crow's - 06/26/19 06:37 PM

set a foot trap in the garden , like a fox set and sprinkle corn on and around it, than shoot the ones that come to his aid, the others will not be back.

Re: Nuisance Crow's - 06/26/19 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by trapNH
set a foot trap in the garden , like a fox set and sprinkle corn on and around it, than shoot the ones that come to his aid, the others will not be back.

I tried that and it seemed to attract more!

Re: Nuisance Crow's - 06/26/19 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by trapNH

Here in lies the problem. They ravage my garden during my working hours. when I come home they take off. I tried parking at the neighbors and sneak attack and that worked once. They use a sentry now at all times. I'm thinking I will set the trap with corn in the morning. Hopefully will be one when I get home from work.

Re: Nuisance Crow's - 06/26/19 07:00 PM

Thanks for the reply's!
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Nuisance Crow's - 06/26/19 08:03 PM

A good ole ladder trap will catch them all....2 hrs cutting, framing, chicken wire netting, corn bait on the ground, +6 beers for yourself and your done, and so are the crows.

Note* 4ft. trap width, 6 ft length, and 5 ft tall is plenty big enough for crows.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: D-2

Re: Nuisance Crow's - 06/26/19 09:18 PM

I killed a crow and hung him up on a long cane pole and hung it in the edge of the garden. They will not get close to the garden and I've got gobs of corn planted.
I do this every year and it works fine...d2
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: Nuisance Crow's - 06/26/19 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by bobsheedy

Did you hang a few suicide victims in the garden?

Their called scare crows and they work very well.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Nuisance Crow's - 06/26/19 10:20 PM

Depending on the size of your garden you could buy some bird netting and cover It.
I just looked and you can get a 50' x50' piece for around $30.00
Posted By: Sshaffer

Re: Nuisance Crow's - 06/26/19 10:29 PM

D-2 is correct!

Shoot 1 crow if legal of course in your area.

Hang it by a foot in plain view.

YOU WILL HAVE ZERO CROW ISSUES!!
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Nuisance Crow's - 06/26/19 10:39 PM

I've seen crows eating there own brothers.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Nuisance Crow's - 06/27/19 12:07 AM

There may be an Alfred Hitchcock movie in the making here!
Posted By: Ohiowoodchuck

Re: Nuisance Crow's - 06/27/19 02:16 AM

Buy some 3/4 black water line and make 2 or 3 long pieces and stretch it out in your garden to look like snakes. They wont mess with. Move the pipe around every 3-4 days until your corn gets big enough. Problem solved.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Nuisance Crow's - 06/27/19 02:35 AM

Buy a bag of feed corn and put it out on the ground away from the garden. Crows are bums. They will take the easy route. Broadcast it so that they have to scrounge for it a little. You don't want piles. That would be too visible and will draw more crows than what are there already. This might buy you enough time for your plants to mature enough to no longer have the kernel which is what the crows are after.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums