Home

John Graham’s Coyote Days

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/27/19 04:06 PM

Just saw the ad in the new Trappers Post it is to be held August 9-10 in Lusk Wyoming. I am planning on going. Anybody else going? He has about 15 trappers from throughout the Rockies to give coyote and bobcat demos. Looks like it will be a good one. More detailed info is also given on Fur Country Lures Facebook.
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/27/19 05:15 PM

I plan on making the trip. Is there any vendors listed on FB?
Posted By: bacatrapper

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/27/19 05:52 PM

My family will be there. We are going up Thursday to help setup at the fairgrounds. I have a buddy from Iowa, and another from Colorado who will be going as well.

I have not seen a vendor list yet.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/27/19 06:24 PM

Hoping to be able to catch a plane up that way,sets seem pretty cheap for that time of the year
Posted By: Mike Cope

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/27/19 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Hoping to be able to catch a plane up that way,sets seem pretty cheap for that time of the year

Drive it Young Man. Give me a call when you are near and I will put you up and feed you Yankee food.
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/27/19 10:05 PM

Need some lure from John and snares from Allan. Who else will be there?

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/27/19 10:16 PM

Call the phone # on John's website and chat with his wife. She can answer your questions.
Posted By: John Graham

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/27/19 11:08 PM

I've been meaning to post something for awhile, but never got around to it! Sorry. We've had a LOT of response and enthusiasm for Coyote Days, and it's approaching quickly. (August 9-10)

The vendor list is short and sweet. I don't know any other way to put it.

Montgomery from Utah
Gregerson from Montana
Les Johnson- Predator Quest, from Nebraska
Latham Stretchers from Colorado
Halseth Lures from Montana
Fur Country Lures, Montana Traps &, Amberg Snares, from Wyoming
Zerbe Gunworks, from Wyoming

Miss Rodeo Wyoming, Hanna Ostheimer will be there the entire weekend too

'Coyote Days' is dedicated to my close friend and sometimes trapping partner, John Vaia, of Grass Range, Montana, that passed away unexpectedly this past winter. John was on board to do a demo at this event, and he will be missed.

I can post a demo list too, if anyone is interested, and no one objects. Thanks, John
Posted By: dmac

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/28/19 12:01 AM

I'll be there. Looking forward to it.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/28/19 12:29 AM

Should be a good one, john , nicole and family always do a good job. A excellent lineup of demos right there.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/28/19 12:32 AM

Should be a good one, john , nicole and family always do a good job. A excellent lineup of demos right there.
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/28/19 12:56 AM

Chad - are you going to make it?
If you haven't ever used them - Latham Stretchers from Colorado are really top notch.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/28/19 01:19 AM

No we can't make it sean, x2 on Otis strechers they are good ones. They don't cost you money ,they make you money.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/28/19 02:25 AM

Thanks, Chad.

Here's the demo Line up. I have more details on the Fur Country Lure Facebook too, or John Graham

Otis Latham & Todd Fairchild- CO. Professional Coyote fur put-up and handling
Les Johnson- NE Coyote Calling
Boone Liane- MT. Coyote Trapping
Roc Lee- MT Coyote Snaring
J.D. Arneson- MT Long Range Shooting
Evan Anderson- SD Coyotes Trap & Snare
Terry Thompson- MT. Coyote Snaring
Major Bodicker - CO Coyotes
Jim Arneson- MT. Calling Coyotes & Decoy Dogs
Bill Ilchick & Joel Blakeslee- NV Bobcat Trapping
Jim Halseth- MT Coyote Trapping
Keith Gregerson- MT Snaring

There are a couple more that are pending confirmation.

This is a 'Dream Team' of real professionals, top-notch guys that I KNOW produce

Only at Coyote Days!
Posted By: red mt

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/28/19 02:27 AM

John I miss visiting with John .
A man can not ask for more of friend , good on you for honoring his life.
Thank you John

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/28/19 02:35 AM

Thanks, Red
John and I visited that morning. I'd sold some tanned coyotes for him the night before, to a woman that was making a coat. I was headed to check a line, and told him I'd visit until I ran out of cell service, and then we'd pick up where we left off, later that night. (like we'd done 100 times before) I'm so grateful that we talked that day. We basically came west together, in the early 80's John was as good a coyote snare man that ever lived. We lived in the hills for weeks at a time, and put on some serious miles. He stood beside me in many battles, both physical and mental. A man among men.
Posted By: kansaskoons

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/28/19 02:42 AM

Tailgating areas there? Does it cost to tailgate?

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/28/19 03:00 AM

The only tailgater I'll have is Keith Gregerson, and his trailer he calls the Montana Mini-mall.

The list of vendors is final. I'm trying to do what I can to assure those vendors coming a decent chance at good sales for the weekend.

Coyote Days is more geared towards information and a customer appreciation aspect, for me to extend. With that being said, there will be a wide variety of products available. From Post fleshing knives to some of Todd Fairchild's quality fur drums.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/28/19 04:45 AM

It would be fun to go, I'll have to see how things go til then
Posted By: Mr. Ed

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/28/19 05:47 AM

I checked on flights and cheapest is $900. Guess I will have to wait for the dvd to come out.
Posted By: LDW

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/28/19 06:47 AM

Planning on going. That is some serious knowledge in that demo lineup.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/29/19 02:59 AM

John,
Do you know about the time you are going to start the Friday Demos?
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/29/19 06:48 AM

I hope you continue this long enough for me to get out of school John. Definitely on a bucket list of things I'd like to get to in the near future.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/30/19 02:25 AM

We'll try to start the demos about 2 PM on Friday. Keith Gregerson has requested an hour and a half for his, so we'll conclude Friday evening's demos with his, which is on coyote snaring. If anyone has watched Keith talk, you know he does it with enthusiasm! He was one of the guys that I've basically brought back out of retirement of giving demos, and am proud to say that he is coming back this year. I've got some other plans for things that evening, and will announce them at a later date.

The Saturday demos will kick off at 8 a.m., and run continuously until 6 P.M.!

Honestly, the response and enthusiasm for this event has been off the charts. I urge anyone interested in coyotes and 'cats to attend.
Posted By: MJM

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/30/19 03:55 AM

I first saw Keith do a snaring demo in about 1981 or 1982 in Bridger MT. He was so far ahead of every one else as far as snaring went at that time, it was unreal. He is worth the trip alone. He is well worth listening too. I may make the trip just to see him again.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 06/30/19 04:10 PM

Made my motel reservations. Hope to meet some of you there.
Fred.
Posted By: B. Shope

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/02/19 02:03 AM

just penciled in the dates at work. looking forward to it
Posted By: Castormound

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/03/19 01:50 AM

I'll be there, looks like an awful good lineup. The 2 hour drive is gonna kill me though!!!!
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/03/19 02:26 AM

What kind of weather do you typically get that time of year John ?
Posted By: James Peterson

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/03/19 07:39 AM

How soon can we pitch a tent on these grounds? High and low's on the weather also?

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/03/19 08:47 AM

The weather is typically warm in August. 80's and maybe low 90's for a high, but 60-70's could happen too. And, since it's Wyoming, we could get a high wind and rain/hail storm for 5 minutes, and then be sunny again. Be prepared for anything. Nights are typically cooler, and much more comfortable. NOT freezing though. Breezy and comfortable for sleeping.

I'll talk to the fairgrounds to see if people can start setting up tents on Thursday. They are in charge of collecting money, but since they aren't open on the weekend, we agreed to collect any money from late comers. Charge is $5/night for tents, and $25/night for campers with hook ups to water and electricity. There is bathrooms and showers right there too. NO fires though!

The response has been great, actually off the charts. This will be a history making event, with top quality people involved, a full agenda, and also a perfect tribute to my friend, John Vaia. See you there, and Thanks.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/03/19 01:39 PM

This all sounds great ! You mentioned the camping fees but I’ve not seen the fee for attendance, sorry I don’t do face book .

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/04/19 02:06 AM

Keep the updates coming. Is there a banquet or something similar? Any shade at the fairgrounds?

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/04/19 02:28 AM

There will be a $5 charge for anyone 18 and over, and that's for admittance over the 2 day event. Included in that $5 is a ticket for a Ruger 22-250 that will be drawn for Saturday after the last demo. (Need not be present to win)

Yes, there is quite a bit of shade along the fence where the camping is.

The Saturday night banquet will have a guest speaker, raffle drawings, and a Fur Fashion Show, including several on loan from our friends at Somper Furs in L.A., Michael & Donna Pappas. There will be a cash bar in the banquet room also. We aren't reserving or pre-selling tickets for the banquet, as they are on a first-come, first served basis.

We will be cutting up loins of Rib Steaks the night before, and have several grills going to feed a lot of people in a hurry!
Posted By: bwilly

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/04/19 03:45 AM

Be coming from North Daota, sounds like a good time. Last January at our NDFTA fur sale, John Vaia was one of our registered buyers, was able to visit with him at length, a nice Man. Could hardly believe it when Johnny Hughes told me of his passing, so sad.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/05/19 11:31 PM

Bruce, Yes, it came as a surprise to me as well, when John passed away so suddenly. I'd just talked to him that morning, and were going to finish the conversation that night, but never got to. A wake up call for sure. And that brings up another thing. I'm encouraging people to visit as much as possible at Coyote Days, and to get a picture or two with some of the guys that they look up to, and have heard about. I can't tell you how much that I regret not getting more pictures of people that I've met in the past. This event will be a chance for getting it done. None of us are going to be around forever.

I also had a great visit with our close friend, Dick Hane, from Fruita, Colorado. I first met Dick at the Rocky Mountain Fur Exchange Auction in Denver, in 1983. We've got to be good friends over the years, and we've had many conversations that I learned a lot. Dick was a real long line trapper in his early years, and ran an ADC business for quite awhile too. He is a treasure chest of knowledge, and I was glad to have him confirm that he will be part of the Friday Evening round table discussion. It was great news!
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/05/19 11:46 PM

Dick Hane is the trapper who got me started on the right track when I was young. I still call him ever so often and visit, it was a pleasure seeing him at the Western last June in Livingston.
Definitely one of the best persons I have had the privilege of knowing.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/06/19 12:15 AM

Getting better all the time

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/07/19 01:25 PM

Looks as if the wife and I will be making the trip ! I’m looking forward to meeting you guys out there.
So far we have found a two day rodeo that’s not far away, what else is going on in the area that week before Coyote Days.
Posted By: billcat

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/07/19 02:04 PM

The Museum of the Fur Trade is an hour down the road into Nebraska at Chadron, with Ft. Robinson and museum and a buffalo herd in between near Crawford, Neb. Both are always on the agenda for a visit. Lusk has a museum that is well worth spending a couple of hours. Lusk also has a pizza house that is the best you'll find anywhere. There's a loop road you can take that is quite a pretty drive, from Lusk to Manville, north to Lance Creek, east to the N-S highway 85 and back to Lusk. Takes an hour to an hour and a half.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/07/19 02:24 PM

Thanks billcat !
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/07/19 08:18 PM

Ft. Robinson is about an hour east of Lusk. It has a neat museum and there will be musical plays going on there that time of the year. Something your wife might enjoy.

https://postplayhouse.com/

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/07/19 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by silkyplainscoyot
Ft. Robinson is about an hour east of Lusk. It has a neat museum and there will be musical plays going on there that time of the year. Something your wife might enjoy.

https://postplayhouse.com/

Does the old fort or replica exist there?

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/07/19 08:30 PM

Thanks Silky , but no she’s not into that kind of thing . Thank God, lol !

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/07/19 08:59 PM

Fort Robinson is a great place to visit. I'd only heard about it in books before I moved down here 8 years ago. We stopped by there one time on a drive through, and was so impressed, that we visit it at least once a summer. It has a great museum, and just to drive around the expanse of it, and read the many historical plaques, takes hours. It was a cavalry re-mount station, a K-9 training center, and a bunch of other things, over the years. It is now a Nebraska State Park, and one of the most interesting places you'll ever visit. And, like has already been mentioned, the Museum of the Fur Trade, about 35 miles further east, in Chadron, is a must-see. They just keep adding more. I've been there several times, and keep seeing new things.

As for the 'musicals', yes, I too was skeptical. But, the Post Playhouse at Fort Robinson had 5 plays every summer, that rotate over the course of a few months. They have semi-pro actors, from all over the country, and, I have to admit, they are really good! Some real talent is exhibited there. I take my wife over 2-3 times every year, and have supper on the way over, along with a couple of our friends.

All of these things could be done on Sunday, after the Coyote Days. It would be a great addition to a trip, and I know they'd appeal to the majority of you.
Posted By: Wildkaat

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/09/19 11:15 PM

John are the demos listed in order on your flyer?

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/10/19 09:00 AM

Yes, the Demo list is probably going to be run in that order. Otis Latham & Todd Fairchild will start it off at Noon on Friday, with skinning a coyote, and handling it. They'll do another one on Saturday, putting up some green coyote hides, sewing, and then drumming some. Those guys are master coyote handlers, and are also agents for the Colorado fur sale. They know their stuff! Some of Todd's drums will be at Coyote Days.

I'll see if I can get the demo list posted. Thanks.
Posted By: Suchlike2

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/10/19 11:26 AM

I will be there and coming from Minnesota. Really looking forward to this opportunity to learn. Doesn't matter how old you are, there is always room to expand your knowledge. Thanks for all the work Mr. Graham. Very much appreciated.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/10/19 11:26 AM

I will be there and coming from Minnesota. Really looking forward to this opportunity to learn. Doesn't matter how old you are, there is always room to expand your knowledge. Thanks for all the work Mr. Graham. Very much appreciated.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/10/19 12:34 PM

Grahams run a tight ship, These demos start on time and run back to back, no down time. The day will go fast so be ready to learn. Otis and I will try to hit on the basics of coyote skinning/fleshing, stretching on Friday. Saturday will be the finer points of making fur presentable. I have had numerous request to show how to skin out feet, that will be done at the Saturday time slot.
Posted By: K-zoo

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/10/19 01:05 PM

Found this on another site.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/10/19 05:44 PM

Saturday nights steak supper is worth the trip alone. I don't know about those two characters from Colorado giving skinning demos but I'd pay special attention when Boone starts his demo.

CoCat had better not forget my peaches is all I have to say.
Posted By: trappergbus

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/10/19 08:00 PM

I just read thru this thread, Dangit. What a lineup, sure wish it was closer. Take a note book...
Posted By: coloradocat

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/10/19 09:45 PM

49er. One or two boxes? Get 2 then you can make it home with some.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/10/19 10:19 PM

How much?

Make sure you bring some of the cubscout stretchers, I need to get some more for an auction.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/11/19 04:37 AM

I don't know yet. They will get cheaper as the season goes on. They are just coming on. 1's will be pricey, 2's about half price.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/12/19 01:13 AM

We do TRY to run a tight ship, yes! I've got some real opinions on how demos should be run, and they are based on 25 years of giving demos all over the country (which I am grateful for)

Starting on time requires that the previous demo winds up a few minutes early. It always takes a few minutes to get the wireless mic on the next person, and have the announcer introduce the next presenter, along with a brief description on what they will be talking about.

I will help write a few of the introductions, because I know some of the guys are WAY too humble, and won't relay their accomplishments to the announcer ( I have them talk well in advance). There will be 15 demos in 2 days. 5 on Friday, and 10 on Saturday. Like MonsterToms said, they will be run back to back. From 8 a.m., until 6 p.m. on Saturday.

This weekend was designed to give the maximum amount of information and insight to the coyote industry. I picked some of the best to do just that. And, to spice things up even more, the Friday Night Round table, featuring Major Boddicker, Bill Ilchik, Joel Blakeslee, Dick Hane, and Keith Gregerson will be the place to ask questions, and learn.

I think what is so interesting about trapping is that there are a lot of ways to get the job done. Everyone seems to have their own little twists and methods. It is up to YOU to decide which system and method will work best for YOUR situation. Having over 500 years of coyote & 'cat trapping and snaring experience and knowledge in front of you for a weekend is almost unheard of!
Posted By: Lockjaw52

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/12/19 03:10 AM

Awesome lineup. Looking forward to the long trip!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/12/19 03:48 AM

John, what time do you expect the Roundtable to start?

That's going to be a heck of a conversation.
Posted By: Boone Liane

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/12/19 04:29 AM

I’m getting excited.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/12/19 08:50 AM

Well, since Keith Gregerson is the last demo person on Friday, and he requested an hour and a half (at least) I figured we'd wind down about 6- 6:30. A short break, to grab a bottle of water or whatever, maybe eat a burger, and we'll start the round table. So, lets shoot for 7 to start.

Keith gives a great talk, and is quite the presenter. He definately gets his point across.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/12/19 10:43 AM

Thanks John, Friday will be a travel day for me, that late time slot will be easier to attend

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/12/19 01:49 PM

John, are there bleacher type seating at the demo area or should we bring chairs? These old bones can get tired after a while.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/12/19 09:23 PM

Good question! We have several mobile aluminum bleachers that we'll put in a semi-circle. With that being said, I still welcome and encourage you to bring your own chair, IF that is what you prefer.

We'll cut the grass around the demo area, and we'll just make sure that no one is blocking anyone else's view, and we're good to go.

I will probably have a few of the pop-up sun canopies for a few people to sit under as well.

We'll have water at the concession stands, but feel free to bring your own.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/15/19 08:55 AM

Ok, a couple of questions that seem to keep coming up:

Are dogs allowed? Yes, in the camping part of the fairgrounds, and outside (on a leash) but NOT in the buildings

Is there a charge for entry? Yes, $5 for 18 and over. You'll get a wristband and that's for the 2 days. (Not the banquet) With that you'll get one entry into a drawing for a Ruger 22-250 rifle, that will be drawn for @ 6 PM Saturday evening after the last demo.

Are banquet tickets available now? No, but they can be bought when you get here, along with wristbands for entry. They will be sold on a first come, first serve basis.

Is there Showers/Bathrooms in camping area? Yes, there is.

Can I set up camping on Thursday Night? Yes, you can. The camping area is a grassy spot, fairly large, at the North end of the fairgrounds. The fairgrounds will be charging for the camping spots, NOT us. $5/Night for tent camping, $25/night for camper hook ups. Pay at the fairgrounds office during business hours.

Will there be food available? Yes, from Noon until 7 pm on Friday, and then from 7 a.m. Saturday until 6 p.m. Saturday evening. AND, there are 3-4 restaurants within 1/2 mile. Some within a few hundred yards of NE corner of fairgrounds

Will there be an ATM? Yes, there will be an ATM on site also.

Thanks to all!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/15/19 12:50 PM

John is a leader in this industry and anytime he puts his mind to something he gets it hammered out smooth and straight. Coyote Days should be a winner for sure.
Good luck John and best to you and the family!

Mark

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/16/19 01:10 AM

thanx for all the updates John. sure makes it easier planning.Hope you got some Wolf Fang drivers

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/19/19 02:30 AM

We're 3 weeks away from getting set up. Our long-time friend, Forrest Lewis called me from South Dakota, and has agreed to be our auctioneer for our one and only item to be auctioned at the Saturday Night banquet! (A custom made Buckle) A lot of you know Forrest from years past, as he was the announcer and auctioneer at a few of the NTA Westerns in Montana in the 'old days' and is a gifted person in so many ways. Forrest will also be bringing some of his high quality items made from fur. We are very happy to have him on board!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/21/19 08:21 PM

I had a good visit with my long-time friend, Major Boddicker a few days ago. Major will be giving a demo at Coyote Days, and also be part of our Round Table discussion on Friday evening. I asked him to also be a guest speaker at the Saturday evening banquet, and he graciously agreed to do it! Major has been a huge source of information (and humor)for many of us for over 40 years now. I never get tired of his writing, and is a great visitor also. I still use his 'Song Dog' Crit-r-Call, and used it to take 2 coyotes this last week. It's always in my pocket. I sold coyotes to him in 1985, and have had a hundred visits with him, all enjoyable. Having him speak at the first ever 'Coyote Days' banquet is just more icing on the cake. Oh yeah, he says he has n amusing coyote story to share with us at the banquet. I can't wait!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/22/19 12:14 AM

I cant wait either.I found out one of my friends cant make it. It was 3 of us now just 2 that was a little dissapointing but gonna have a good time

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/26/19 09:21 AM

I'm sorry for no updates, but coyote hunters keep weird hours this time of year.

B.Shope, I'm sorry to hear that your party dropped by one, but hey, that makes more room in the vehicle, which isn't all bad! There's quite a few Montana people coming down, and I'm glad you are making the long trip too. I think you'll enjoy the dive, the country looks beautiful after all the rain we've had. Safe travels.

I might have a very welcome addition to the Friday demo lineup, a buddy of mine from Wyoming that does private Predator Control work on some large sheep outfits might be able to attend, but since he is an outfitter and the Antelope archery season is starting shortly after, he might be busy getting things set up for that. He'll be confirming either way soon.

I visited with our friend Michael Pappas, from Michael's Furs in L.A. last night, and he'll be attending the event also. He will be giving a short fur market report at the Saturday night banquet, and will be around to visit all weekend too. Michael is a wealth of information, and has a very real, and up to date insight to the markets and trends. Michael is one of the main reasons that the 'cat market has survived the last several years, and his garments are recognized world-wide. But, he's still one of the guys, and enjoys hunting and fishing, and easy to visit with. Don't miss the opportunity.

For now, I'll leave it at that. Lots to do, and some coyotes to deal with. Nicole is busy fine tuning the menus. See you in 2 weeks!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/28/19 04:43 PM

Just a quick update: We've had people ask about the camping situation again. It's pretty simple: There is a large grassy strip along the north end of the fairgrounds. It is along the fence at the border of the grounds. Large Cottonwoods line the entire length, so yes, there is some shade. It is maybe 250 yards from the building we use for the get together itself, and only 75-100 yards to the building the banquet will be held Saturday evening. Easy walking distance to both, but you can still drive down closer to the building if you want. The fairgrounds charges $5/night for tent camping, and $25/night for camper hook ups. The fairgrounds will handle the collecting of the money. BUT, since they are closed on Saturday, we've agreed to collect any money that people pay to us, so we can present it to them on Monday. They KNOW trappers are a trustworthy bunch, and it is basically on the honor system. NO need to worry about anything.

There is a bathroom and shower right by camping, and also there are bathrooms in the building we use.

There will be some motor cycle traffic traffic that weekend, so town will be busy. Drive careful, and watch your mirrors a lot. They like to pass in groups, and singles sneak up too.

One last thing for now. We're charging $5 for anyone over 18 for the weekend. You'll get a wristband, and also one ticket that can be used in a drawing for a Ruger 22-250. There won't be additional tickets sold for that rifle, everyone attending will have an equal chance. We'll draw for that on Saturday evening.

Thanks, less than 2 weeks away!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/28/19 06:21 PM

John will you have any of your flyers available, I’m willing to pay for one if need be . It’s time I start collecting a few items from the places I’ve been. Might even ask you to autograph one if you would ?
Thanks,
Don
Posted By: Cattrax

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/29/19 01:49 AM

Added these for John, he will explain about this trapper.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/30/19 12:37 AM

Thanks Cattrax!

Those pictures are of my long-time friend, John Vaia, from Grassrange, MT. I wrote an article about him for trappers Post Magazine, and the first part has already ran in the latest issue. John is who I am dedicating 'Coyote Days' to. He passed away suddenly this last spring.

He was one of my very best friends, and we did so many things together in the outdoors in the last 35 years, that I want to honor him in this way. He was a long line trapper and snare man in every sense of the word.

John was going to be coming and giving a demo at our event this year, and it would have been his first ever.

His wife, Diane, is coming to Wyoming for Coyote Days, and will be wearing a very nice coyote coat that was made from furs he caught, in the Fur Fashion Show on Saturday evening.

And, the belt buckle is one that I had made for the event. Thanks
Posted By: yukonal

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 07/30/19 12:59 AM

Beautiful buckle, John. I wish I could be there to bid on it. Great job putting all this together.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/01/19 10:54 AM

Thanks, Al, I've had lots of help.

Golf Ball, we don't put out a catalog anymore. I was drug in to the 21st century, which I fought the whole way, and built a good website. I still like to look at catalogs, but to be honest, most of our customers don't mind ordering online I guess. Some still call and visit when placing their orders once or twice (or more) a year. With that being said, If you travel all the way from Illinois to Wyoming and attend Coyote Days, I will personally sign a copy of my fox book and give it to you! It is the least I can do. But, there are people coming that are higher on the list of being worthy of you getting THEIR autographs, and a picture with.

And, for people that were/are concerned about not being able to get a ticket for the Saturday evening banquet, we've raised the cap from 225 to 300! A buddy that travels all the way from Illinois to help Les Johnson run his Predator Quest booth is bringing his meat slicer to help cut the 20 loins of rib steaks, and I've found more grills. Like I've mentioned, I've had lots of help.

Have a good day everyone!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/01/19 03:34 PM

John, will there be separate demos going on at the same time. I am just wondering with this many people coming how the standing/seating arrangement will be gathering around a demonstration.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/01/19 04:01 PM

John, if you need help with meat prep I can give a hand. I was a meat cutter for many years. Ill bring my knives.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/01/19 11:49 PM

Grandpa- We have lots of bleacher space I think/hope. If not, I'll borrow chairs! And you are right, a LOT of people are coming!
I only run one demo at a time. I've been part of the 2 demo at a time deal, years ago, and it didn't work, in my opinion. There are no 'Filler' demos in this bunch all will be great.

Right now, the weather is forecast for low 80's and partly cloudy. A little breeze, and it will be perfect.

Baca, by all means, we'll take all the help we can get. We use the tallow we trim off the steaks before grilling for making jerky in October. Thanks!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/02/19 12:36 AM

John that sounds awesome! Will those buckles be available for sale or did you just commission the one for auction? I only ask because we will need to be on the road as soon as the last demo is over on Saturday. If you do this again next year I will plan better , lol .
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/02/19 01:07 AM

Is anyone who is going to be passing through North Idaho on either the way there, the return trip or both going to be going to this?

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/02/19 10:37 AM

Golf ball, I only had the one buckle made. I've donated about 100 buckles in the last 20 years, to various states and to the NTA from time to time. This year, for our event, I designed that one. It will be one of the few live auction items we have. We'll have a bucket raffle, which we have a lot of items for, as well as raffles for three guns. We're charging $5 admission, and with that you also get one chance for a Ruger 22-250. Thanks for asking, and I think the buckle auction could get interesting!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/02/19 12:44 PM

Thanks John , great looking buckle ! I will talk to you about leaving a bid before I go . Sounds like I will be missing out by leaving before the banquet but I can’t buy time .

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/02/19 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Golf ball
If you do this again next year I will plan better , lol .

Oh, I think you better start planning on another trip next year, believe this will be going on for awhile.
Posted By: Dirtdogia

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/04/19 02:13 AM

Will there be tailgating and private sales allowed?
Posted By: Swifty

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/04/19 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by John Graham
The only tailgater I'll have is Keith Gregerson, and his trailer he calls the Montana Mini-mall.

The list of vendors is final. I'm trying to do what I can to assure those vendors coming a decent chance at good sales for the weekend.

Coyote Days is more geared towards information and a customer appreciation aspect, for me to extend. With that being said, there will be a wide variety of products available. From Post fleshing knives to some of Todd Fairchild's quality fur drums.
Posted By: Dirtdogia

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/04/19 04:06 AM

Thanks

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/04/19 10:41 AM

Thanks, Swifty for posting that.

Yes, I've drawn a line in the sand with some people for limiting dealers, but it was my decision. I see a niche for a different type of event, and I'm doing it. I've been a dealer for 24 years now, and I've been wanting to do something like this for several years now. But, rest assured, there is enough dealers coming and selling a wide variety of things.

I'll announce the dates for next years Coyote Days at the Saturday night banquet.

It's getting close, and I'll be in the field up until the time we start setting up on Thursday afternoon.

Unless something big needs to be addressed, and is brought to my attention, this will be my last post. Thanks to T-man and everyone that has followed this. Thanks to Grandpa Trapper for starting it- we'll see you soon!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/06/19 07:14 PM

I just got word that the Trail Motel in Lusk has a few openings for the 9th and 10th. Apparently a few of the pipeline workers have pulled out, and headed north. The motel is directly across street from the fairgrounds entrance, so within easy walking distance. I have 10 rooms reserved there for demo presenters already. And, the owner is Dale Greenough, who I work with every day, and we will be giving a demo on coyote trapping on Saturday. Motel rooms are at a premium, anyone needing one, you better grab it. It's coming up fast! When I get home, Nicole has a list of new people coming. Anticipation and enthusiasm are both high. Thanks, John

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/06/19 08:10 PM

With Sturgis happening, Those rooms won't last, Awesome motel and location. Owners are top notch.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/07/19 12:05 AM

Dang pipeliners taking all the good rooms.
Posted By: danvee

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/07/19 12:36 AM

Will tailgating be allowed? is anyone going to sell used equipment???

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/07/19 12:48 AM

I'll be selling some used traps, as will a friend of mine from Wyoming. Keith Gregerson is the only tailgater, with his trailer he calls the Montana Mini-mall.

I put a cap on the dealer spaces and they filled
Posted By: TC1

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 01:41 AM

All I can say is WOW! Thank you so much Mr Graham, you and your family put on such an amazing event. Your line-up of speakers and demo people were simply amazing. I feel so very honored to have met the people and converse with so many of the very best trappers we have left among our ranks. Everyone was so willing to chat and b.s. about virtually anything pertaining to trapping it was almost overwhelming. My mind is still spewing out information that was openly talked about and as I recall them I have been jotting notes down. Rarely have I laughed so hard while taking in information as during Keith's demo, he is truly one of a kind... From the bottom of my heart I thank you all very much!!!
Posted By: mark van haele

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 01:57 AM

Now that was a good get together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 02:07 AM

Man........... once again the Graham Family knocked it out of the park!!!!!!

I cant say I have ever been in one place with so much knowledge and information being given out.

Got to see a lot of old friends I haven't seen in a really long time. Cattrax, thanks for all your help. You didn't miss a beat when we needed something.

The line up was awesome. If you needed to know something about "Coyotes" that was the place to be. Probably bigger than any Western I had ever been to.

And I should have bought a lottery ticket with my luck I had on the drawings. Thanks to everyone who put it on, and to everyone who attended. That my friends is how a convention is supposed to be ran. OUTSTANDING Graham Family and helpers.
Posted By: Castormound

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 02:58 AM

Yep, pretty darn good rondy. Best solid line up of demos I've ever seen.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 03:13 AM

Proud to have been a part of the line up. Met so many ambitious folks, answered tons of questions shook a lot of hands. Some new some old. always great to see old friends and be part of history.
Hope this continues and I can be a part of it. John, Nicole their family and everyone involved, work tirelessly to make these events an absolute success.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 03:28 AM

And John................ Thank you for the money clip. Wasn't expected, but very much appreciated. That says a lot.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 04:54 AM

I’ll second what everybody said above. The coyote (and bobcat) knowledge of so many people in one event was amazing. This includes the vast experience and knowledge of the many spectators in attendance. Trappers as far as Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Ohio traveled to take part in this first Coyote Days. Also, the banquet and fur fashion show was a nice conclusion. Loved the personal and entertaining stories that Major Boddicker told.
Posted By: LDW

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 06:57 AM

All I can say is WOW!!! What a collection of information and knowledge. The roundtable discussion Friday night went on for 4 hours, with 300 years of trapping among the 5 members of the panel.The demo lineup was as good as any convention in the nation. I sure hope the Graham family continues having this as I'm already making plans for next year. Well done John and family and friends on a top notch event.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 11:19 AM

It was an amazing event. I drove 688 miles from Southern Minnesota and My buddy that rode along drove another 210 from his place. Alot of knowledge and information was shared and if you are in to coyotes and cats, Lusk was the place to be. The Grahams were gracious hosts and I met a bunch of incredibly great people. Was definitely the high point of my year. Thanks again to John, his family, and friends for putting on such a great event. Will be talking about this one for a long time to come.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 11:28 AM

What? No pics from anyone?
Wish i could have been there

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 01:05 PM

We logged over 1400 miles round trip and I can say it was worth every inch of it. There were lots of trade secrets shared and everyone was willing to answer any question thrown at them. Thank you to all of the experts that took time out of their lives to share their hard earned knowledge. You were all great.The entire event was well organized from Johns introduction Friday morning to the end of the Banquet Saturday night. The years of experience and cat and coyote knowledge gathered up for Coyote Days was second to none.Thank you John, Nicole and family. You guys are amazing.
Posted By: handitrapper

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 01:11 PM

Even though I’m not a coyote or cat trapper. I would definitely like to go to this event.

Funny thing is, I’ve only been 300 miles from Lusk since Friday morning. Hopefully I can work the timing next year.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 02:35 PM

It's worth the trip Brian.
Posted By: shepherd0610

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 09:22 PM

a great time and a wealth of knowledge. any trapper or predator hunter will learn at this event.
looking forward to next year.
thank you John Graham and Family. it was a great time.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 10:18 PM

The knowledge that was on this round table panel the first night was amazing, along with the guy that put this all together!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Not sure about this girly guy posing with his fur though!!!
[Linked Image]

Him and his partner in crime put on a GREAT fur put up demo in the 2 day event!
[Linked Image]

This is one of the guys that brought snaring so far in the old days, Keith Gregerson, and he is very patient about sharing his knowledge with anyone that wants to learn.
[Linked Image]

49ner, good to finally meet you, next time we need to sit down and visit more!!

I only took about 500 pictures, I will post more as I get them put together.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 10:30 PM

I'm sure I'll be there again next year Tom.

That picture of Odie is confirming some of my suspicions about him lol.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 11:07 PM

Thanks for being the designated photographer, It's nice to have pictures as time goes on!
If you have a picture of all of us lined up at the banquet I'd love to have one.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Monster Toms
Thanks for being the designated photographer, It's nice to have pictures as time goes on!
If you have a picture of all of us lined up at the banquet I'd love to have one.

Todd, I have a video of all of you lined up, as soon as I get it edited and all I will get you a copy, wish we could have lined all the demo givers up with all the help and got a group picture.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

That picture of Odie is confirming some of my suspicions about him lol.

I was hoping I wasn't the only one wondering that!!! LOL

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 11:20 PM

Seems every year that's the plan but we all seem to be going 100 different directions all day.

Is that the best Keith Picture you took? Just kidding. Hard to catch him standing still!!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/12/19 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Monster Toms

Is that the best Keith Picture you took? Just kidding. Hard to catch him standing still!!

Unfortunately it is!! He had someone around him all the time.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/13/19 01:31 AM

I was trying to do my best impression of 49er!!!!!!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/13/19 01:43 AM

Wow! I take it everyone made it home OK, and I am grateful for that.

I don't even know where to start. I have so many people to thank for making the whole weekend a reality. I know I tried to do it at the banquet and in person, but I'm sure that I left someone out.

I guess WE ALL accomplished the thing that I'd set out to do, and that was to give a great trapper send off for John Vaia.
To have so many people attend and share with everyone their memories and praise of John, was something that I can't put in to words.

To have his wife, Diane, here, and have her wear the coat made from coyote furs that he'd caught, was a fitting end to it all. You guys all giving her a standing ovation as she made her way through the fur fashion show maze, was beyond my expectations. She was very appreciative, as was I. Thank You.

You all helped me accomplish something else that has been a goal for a long, long time: To have a weekend with NO politics, NO b s, No personalities of the salesmen of the day, and no holds- barred presentations of guys that are out there DOING IT... 15 in all.

Like I said at the banquet, this was the 'dream team' of presenters. All the bases were covered, and I received a number of compliments about each and every one of the guys giving demos. Job well done!

I myself got to visit with some of the best and friendliest trappers that I'd ever met. To shake hands with so many like-minded people in one weekend was unbelievable. I'll never forget it!

We officially had people attend from 25 states, and that was verified. Who would have dreamed?

2019 Coyote Days was the first. I'm already planning for 2020. Stay tuned!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/13/19 02:11 AM

Heck of a weekend!

The Graham family, and friends, knocked it out of the park.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/13/19 02:37 AM

Put up a pic of Boone for the wife. I think if hed of winked at her she would have loaded up in his rig!

blush
Posted By: bfflobo

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/13/19 04:02 AM

Had a blast. Rode there with Cascadecat. About 2400 miles round trip from Oregon. Was amazing to be able to sit, visit and listen to some of the greats in our circle of trappers. I am proud to of been a small part of it. So many people on here that were there, that I sat next to, not knowing who they were. Did meet and shake hands with many. Good times. Thank you Grahams.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/13/19 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by bacatrapper
Put up a pic of Boone for the wife. I think if hed of winked at her she would have loaded up in his rig!

blush

Now he will have a big head though! laugh

[Linked Image]

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/13/19 04:41 PM

Keep posting those photos! I wish I had taken more pictures to preserve more memories. In my earlier post I did forget to mention how impressed I was by the patriotism shown by all. It was truly an honor to stand among the greats while a remarkable rendition of the the national anthem was performed and the whole crowd honored our flag while reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. Thanks again to all.
Posted By: sandhillscoyotes

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/13/19 05:30 PM

Had a great time visiting with old friends and meeting many people from all over . Thanks to the Graham family for this event looking forward to next year
Posted By: Rammer

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/14/19 02:00 AM

I’m really glad that I made the trip southwest! Met a whole lot of great people, and made some lifelong friends! There was sure a lot of great knowledge being shared. The event was run wonderfully, and I sure hope it will be a yearly tradition for the Graham family!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/14/19 02:13 AM

I had a great time in Lusk Thanx John and family and everyone responsible for putting on a great event. I know putting them on is allot of work. great demos and banquet.I made it home but truck broke down in Sheridan Wy.And it is still there gotta go back and get it this weekend. Apparantly the spark plug worked its way out on one of the back cylinders. breaking down on Sundays are no fun

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/14/19 10:08 PM

Thanks Again, everyone! The praise is very much appreciated, and I've been passing it on to those that deserve it. I've been making some plans and getting some dates worked out. We'll make sure that we're not competing with Sturgis traffic for motels next year. But, the motels in Nebraska appreciated the overflow business, and to have that volume of campers stay in the area was good too. No matter what happens between now and then, one thing remains certain: This is BEEF country, and rib eyes will be the fare at the Saturday night banquet! I've got the crew for that, and they want to come back! Anyway, I'm busy with coyotes so won't be going to many conventions this year. Like Michael Pappas said in his market outlook report, Coyotes are king this year. Good Luck to everyone.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/14/19 10:46 PM

And how fitting was this to the end of the first day as the round table was still going on!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mac

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/14/19 11:06 PM

Boy oh boy, it sounds like it would a get together any trapper would really enjoy.
Thanks for sharing.
mac

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/14/19 11:15 PM

Nothing like attending a convention under the Wyoming sky. Not to mention next to the neat little western town of Lusk.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/15/19 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Cattrax
Originally Posted by bacatrapper

blush

Now he will have a big head though! laugh

[Linked Image]

Man that’s one good looking dewd!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/15/19 05:09 AM

Think he needs a couple of twinkies!!!!!!! Or that slim fast diet is working extremely well.
Posted By: bwhntr100

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/15/19 05:55 AM

Did they let out the dates for the 2020 event?

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/15/19 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by bwhntr100
Did they let out the dates for the 2020 event?

Originally Posted by John Graham
Thanks Again, everyone! The praise is very much appreciated, and I've been passing it on to those that deserve it. I've been making some plans and getting some dates worked out. We'll make sure that we're not competing with Sturgis traffic for motels next year. But, the motels in Nebraska appreciated the overflow business, and to have that volume of campers stay in the area was good too. No matter what happens between now and then, one thing remains certain: This is BEEF country, and rib eyes will be the fare at the Saturday night banquet! I've got the crew for that, and they want to come back! Anyway, I'm busy with coyotes so won't be going to many conventions this year. Like Michael Pappas said in his market outlook report, Coyotes are king this year. Good Luck to everyone.

Probably middle of August I'm betting.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/15/19 10:29 AM

If it werent for the hat hed only be 3 ft tall. I tried to tell her, she dont care.

shocked

I guess it doesnt matter, I got me a few hours of winks after looking at ghost lights, its time to start watering cattle. That good friend nathan, he told me only a fool would run cattle on grass with no water.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/15/19 03:49 PM

Talk about bobcat knowledge, here's 2 greats!

[Linked Image]

And we had someone that knows his calling.

[Linked Image]

And John surprised his bride with a new bed spread!

[Linked Image]

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/16/19 01:13 AM

Thanks for taking the pictures! That bedspread has some special meaning to it. I'd bought a custom log bed made from beaver-chewed trees, and it is truly one of a kind. I wanted to get a bed spread made for Nicole this year, and I was short 8 or so beaver. My buddy that I dedicated Coyote Days to, John Vaia, sent me down 8 to finish it. I'd got them in from Moyles tannery, and talked to him about them the day that he passed away. (He died unexpectedly) I really wanted to get it done, but life got complicated for awhile. I finally sent them to my friend Michael Pappas, and he made the spread and matching pillows just in time to send it with the fur garments he lent me for the fashion show on Saturday night. I surprised her by having our kids, and an extra volunteer or two, to bring it out. She WAS surprised! It all came together, and for that, I am grateful. Thanks again, Tom. I appreciate it.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/16/19 02:44 AM

Cat the guy on the left lives about 3 miles from me and is a heck of a nice guy. I know he's done so much for trapping here in Nevada. Just imagine have to learn to catch cats in the same area a guy like that traps lol

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/17/19 03:56 PM

I've had so much response to the round table discussion that I'm planning on having two next year. We did that in Miles City, Montana, for the Western NTA convention years ago. We called it 'Young Guns' , and the 'Old Hands', if I remember right. Both were well received.

We've had so much positive feedback from Coyote Days overall, that I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. To answer the question that we seem to be getting asked the most, YES, we are doing it again next year!
Posted By: Bearcreek

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/17/19 07:49 PM

Just got home last night from Coyote Days followed by coyote hunting near Craig Colorado with some old retired ADC friends. What a trip and what a meet! Makes the drive from Kentucky well worth it. God has truly blessed me to be able to attend and learn from such a great group of trappers and hunters. Spending 10 days traveling, learning and hunting with my 83 year old dad was priceless. Thanks John for Coyote Days and thanks to all the demo guys for an excellent job!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/19/19 10:16 PM

Coyote Days 2020 will be August 21st and 22nd, in Lusk Wyoming. We just booked the Niobrara Co. Fairgrounds today!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/19/19 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bearcreek
Just got home last night from Coyote Days followed by coyote hunting near Craig Colorado with some old retired ADC friends. What a trip and what a meet! Makes the drive from Kentucky well worth it. God has truly blessed me to be able to attend and learn from such a great group of trappers and hunters. Spending 10 days traveling, learning and hunting with my 83 year old dad was priceless. Thanks John for Coyote Days and thanks to all the demo guys for an excellent job!

Good to meet you and your dad.
Posted By: matt buche

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/20/19 12:25 AM

Really wanted to attend but had prior commitments. Will make every effort to be there next year. What a great idea John.
Posted By: bfflobo

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/20/19 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
Originally Posted by Bearcreek

Good to meet you and your dad.

Ditto's from John and Brandy from OR. Good pizza too.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/22/19 01:48 AM

hats off to Roc Lee doing his demo in honor of John Vaia
Posted By: cagemaker

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/22/19 10:10 AM

John. Hats off to you and the family. I've known john a long time when he was running conventions.. He would bring his family. His kids and my kids were the same age. It was like a family reunion. See you next year. John

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/22/19 04:26 PM

Here is a picture of everyone that gave a demo, what a turn out, and some great stuff shared everywhere that weekend!

Otis Latham

[Linked Image]

Todd Fairchild

[Linked Image]

Jim Arneson

[Linked Image]

Terry Thompson

[Linked Image]

Keith Gregerson

[Linked Image]

Les Johnson

[Linked Image]

Boone Liane

[Linked Image]

Jim Halseth

[Linked Image]

Dale Greenough

[Linked Image]

Rock Lee

[Linked Image]

Bill Ilchik

[Linked Image]

Joel Blakeslee

[Linked Image]

Evan Anderson

[Linked Image]

J. D. Arneson

[Linked Image]

Major Boddicker

[Linked Image]

And last but not least,
John Graham

[Linked Image]

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/22/19 05:12 PM

Big thanks for putting those photo's together!!
Posted By: BG10

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/25/19 08:42 PM

I know I'm a tad late posting in this thread, but it was a good time. I didn't realize there were so many Tman members in attendance. The demo list and sharing of info was pretty incredible. Had to work pretty late on Friday so I missed the round table discussions. I'll be in attendance for both days next year.
Well done Graham.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 08/26/19 01:27 AM

Thanks for putting the photos on, Tom! I was too busy to watch more than a few minutes of any demo, and next year we'll video them all!

Matt Buche, That would be great to see you again!

You are welcome BG10, see you next year.

I have to say, we've had so many compliments and kind words in the form of cards, phone calls and messages, etc.

I had help putting it all together, and everyone was very pleased with the reception that Coyote Days received.

Again, Thanks to all.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days - 09/17/19 10:53 AM

Well, We've had (actually Nicole has, since I'm never home) so many calls, emails, and messages about next year's Coyote Days, that I thought I had better post a few things. I'll put some rumors to rest in the meantime. YES, we are hosting Coyote Days in 2020. The Niobrara Co.Fairgrounds are already booked for Fri/Sat August 21st & 22nd.

NO, we aren't affiliated with any other organization. This event is planned, organized, funded, executed and ran by myself, my family, and some very dedicated friends. Our goal is to get serious coyote producers and like-minded people together for a weekend of the year. Anyone that attended this year will tell you that we did exactly that. 2020 will be even better.

We've moved it to a later date, to work around the dates for the Sturgis rally, which takes up a lot of the motel rooms in the region. And, the later the better for a lot of our participants, which are also ranchers and farmers.

We are going to do a few things in addition to our already full schedule, but let it suffice for now that we will have 20 demos next year, including one or two geared specifically for kids (up to 18) that will be done by successful kids. I can't see a better way for kids to learn than by seeing the methods and thoughts of someone their age. If you are looking for somewhere to take your young trapper, this might be the ticket.

I'm working on another star-studded list of demo presenters. It will be worth the trip, rest assured.

I know that it's still 11 months away, but I honestly never anticipated the response we've received. We'll post more as needed!

Coyotes are king this year, and I hope everyone is successful. We have to make hay while the sun shines.

Good Luck, John
© 2024 Trapperman Forums