Home

Andy Weiser

Posted By: Jacks

Andy Weiser - 06/27/19 11:30 PM

Curious in how all the deals work them selves out with Andy, I always knew him as a stand up guy, but I believe that some had some had some very legitimate concerns. Curious if it all worked them selves out
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/27/19 11:30 PM

I’m curious also.
Posted By: trapperdan93

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/27/19 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
I’m curious also.

X3
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/27/19 11:38 PM

I saw him at the Idaho rondy last weekend. He did a ton of business (sold out first day) and seemed like a good guy. I can't imagine he'd show up for the rondy without tying up whatever loose ends with customers he had.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/27/19 11:40 PM

I figured we may really never know. The people who feel the got took will not be happy and the people who feel ge did no wrong will stand behind him. The truth is out there some where.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/27/19 11:41 PM

I think it was a bad woman.
Posted By: K-zoo

[Linked Image]

Or maybe a really good woman.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/27/19 11:56 PM

We just spend the night at his house a few weeks back, done our business for the year. And had a good visit .
Our new lab. Dog played hard with andys new pups. And seen his fox pups too.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 12:06 AM

It seems in this backwards world we live , bad behavior gets a pass..........just sayin
Posted By: Posco

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
It seems in this backwards world we live , bad behavior gets a pass..........just sayin

I won't consider buying his lures until I hear the folks issues were resolved.

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Posco
Originally Posted by AntiGov

I won't consider buying his lures until I hear the folks issues were resolved.

Same here
Posted By: mtnative

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 01:16 AM

I do not want to be part of the rumor mill.
Andy is a long time friend and a stand up guy in my book his dealings with me have always been more than fair.
Mike Ross
Posted By: tjm

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 01:30 AM

He was trying awfully hard to burn his bridges. I think he managed that with some. The rest will follow AntiGov's suggestion. That he showed up and goes right on is exactly what I would expect.
Posted By: Dale Brehe

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 01:40 AM

Can't really make this stuff up. I'd been meaning to send Andy a small order all last fall but didn't get around to it until after Christmas. The day after I placed an order on his website I get on here and see the thread about delivery problems. Well my order didn't amount to much and par for the course the cattle business took care of any January trapping plans for me so i didn't sweat it much. I didn't chime in on any of the threads and I didn't contact Andy. Sometime in March a package arrived from him with my order and an extra bottle of lure. I don't know Andy, but I've read a lot of good things about his products and hope they help me catch some fur. He probably needs to do a little housekeeping business wise but I'd sure rather deal with an independent trapper than go shopping at Wal-Mart. Just the facts.

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 01:49 AM

[Linked Image]

I dont recall him apologizing to anyone he burnt on T man ........i could be wrong though
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by mtnative
Andy is a long time friend and a stand up guy in my book his dealings with me have always been more than fair.
Mike Ross

Have any of you "buddies" of his asked him whats the deal with all the unsatisfied customers?

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by upstateNY
Originally Posted by mtnative
Mike Ross

Have any of you "buddies" of his asked him whats the deal with all the unsatisfied customers?

Or the suppliers he is said to have stiffed for thousands ?
or the comments on facebook that were copied to a thread on this forum so that all could witness his disrespect to his customers?

just to refresh your memories (unfortunately the thread with his facebook postings is gone)
https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6448151/1
https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6401673/1

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 03:00 AM

He is still a member here and was "Last Seen 02/21/19 11:18 PM"
After the threads about his problems and he made no post on that visit of either apology or explanation.
Real con men I have known were never embarrassed to be caught, never ashamed of what they had done and went right back to try to con the same folks again, it usually works too.
Posted By: greggsinthehouse

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 03:33 AM

That was the last time I order from him.

He could of had the decency to update us all on the orders. Big or small. He should stop taking orders during the season.

When I order from boss man or minn trapline, they get it out within 48 hrs. They will continue to get my business.
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 03:43 AM

Yes exactly. Paul, MTP and Keg Creek get my business for lures.
Posted By: tbn

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 11:22 AM

Lol, a stand up guy.lol rips people off and he and his croneys joke about it on Facebook but has never come forth. Yeah a real stand up guy.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 12:31 PM

a man that has made the mistakes he made and hasn't come on here and apologized Is no man In my estimation.
Stand up guy my arse.
Posted By: Boy Named Sue

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 12:59 PM

I don't know what caused the delay in receiving my order, but I did receive it along with a free 4oz bottle of lure.
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 01:34 PM

Is his website gone?
Posted By: handitrapper

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
a man that has made the mistakes he made and hasn't come on here and apologized Is no man In my estimation.
Stand up guy my arse.

That old saying; Once burned, twice shy.

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 02:36 PM

The thing is I hear he has great products. I am wanting to try a few of his lures but not sure now. If I do buy some I will not buy directly from him.
Posted By: WayOfLife

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Matt28
The thing is I hear he has great products. I am wanting to try a few of his lures but not sure now. If I do buy some I will not buy directly from him.

Why risk it or support it when you have Jameson, Dobbins, June, Hawbakers, Stecks ,Cavens, etc. that have great reputations and great lures. JMHO

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 03:52 PM

I just talked to a major trapping supply dealer. Weiser still has not apologized or made things right. In my opinion no one should stand up for him or buy his lures.
Posted By: Furvor

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 04:14 PM

The way I see it, if a guy is no longer trustworthy neither are his products.

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 04:47 PM

Boycott the SOB
Posted By: handitrapper

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 05:06 PM

I wonder if anyone said anything to his FB buddy, Miranda @ the FTA?

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by WayOfLife
Originally Posted by Matt28

Why risk it or support it when you have Jameson, Dobbins, June, Hawbakers, Stecks ,Cavens, etc. that have great reputations and great lures. JMHO
good point I agree just had others saying I should give him a chance. I think I will pass though. I was waiting too see if he would make the wrongs right.
Posted By: Idahotrapguy

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 05:20 PM

I spent time with Andy Weiser in the evenings at the Idaho Trappers Association Rendezvous last weekend. I have always thought Andy to be very friendly, professional, quick on orders and donates generously to the ITA. I'm very surprised to see this unless he got behind when he was trapping hard this winter. Andy is an actual trapper that uses his products out on the ranches he works on. I have heard from a lot of guys "how come Lesel, Andy, John Grahm, not respond in November when I call" They are checking 150 sets a day, piling coyotes up.

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Furvor
The way I see it, if a guy is no longer trustworthy neither are his products.

That's how I see it. If he's cutting corners on his customer service what's to keep him from doing it on his products?

I went to MTP yesterday putting together my 'wish list' for the upcoming season. I saw his lures there. I don't care how many five star reviews his products have, if he treats his customers with contempt here, I'll return the favor when it comes time purchase trapping supplies. Too many other reputable sources to reward.

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 05:29 PM

Well he's not trapping coyotes know and he still hasn't made things right. I don't care how many nights you spend trapping or putting up fur It only takes a few minutes to make a call to set things right and only a few minutes to write a check to get things settled. Spending time on the line or in the fur shed Is no excuse period.
The thing Is when he's selling to an individual he's getting PAID. The dealers he stiffed are still waiting to get paid for the supplies he scammed them out of.
I had one dealing with him but It was face to face he needed something I had and we made the deal. But that was before all this crap came to the surface.
Posted By: andy weiser

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 05:32 PM

Ok. Here we go. Did I royally screw up last winter and get way behind on shipping lures? Heck yes. Do I still owe bills? Heck yes. The bottom line is this. Alot of customers got there money refunded. Some got there money refunded plus lure. Some got their lure plus a little extra. Dealers are getting squared up at the NTA. I don't know what else to say other than yes I screwed up.

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 05:47 PM

Well that's a start and owning up to things Is where It's at. Thank you
Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 05:51 PM

Excited to catch up with you at the NTA Andy!

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 05:54 PM

Well that's a start and owning up to things Is where It's at. Thank you

Yep.

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 05:54 PM

This had nothing to do with my woman or any other person. It had to do with getting too big too fast. My phone would not quit ringing and I couldn't deal with it like I should have. Absolutely my fault 100 % and I will be at the NTA to square up any loose ends.

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Morris
Excited to catch up with you at the NTA Andy!

Same here Michael. Looking forward to it.

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by andy weiser
This had nothing to do with my woman or any other person. It had to do with getting too big too fast. My phone would not quit ringing and I couldn't deal with it like I should have. Absolutely my fault 100 % and I will be at the NTA to square up any loose ends.

Good to see you address the situation Andy!

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 06:05 PM

Now I'll reconsider purchasing your wares, Andy. No one wants to see you fail and I'm sure most people are rooting for you to make things right and get back on the right track. Take your lumps and move forward.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 06:14 PM

I have more respect for a guy who owns his mistakes than a guy that a guy who runs his mouth too much when he doesn't have a dog in the fight.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 06:38 PM

Well, it's a shame you blocked me on facebook for asking about these issues, but I'm glad to see you're making things right. Everyone screws up sometimes. All a person can do is try to fix the mistakes he's made. I always liked you.

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 06:40 PM

Thanks guys. I can and will take my lumps from this deal. I ran out of product and wasn't about to water it down. I was up to my butt in snow with coyote and wolf traps scattered everywhere. I didn't deal with it like a businessman should have and for that reason I shut down my website. I have been taking phone orders as of lately but never again will I get prepaid if I'm out of product.

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 06:44 PM

Angela it made me sick to do that but my back was up against the wall and had No where else to go. I hate fighting on a computer. I honestly hate the computer period but it's the way of the future and we all have to be on it some.

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by andy weiser

I was just being a smart arse. Don't take me serious.
Posted By: RightWayFur

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 07:06 PM

Excellent post....straight from the horse's mouth....

Now either choose to give the man a benefit of doubt and wait for the follow through.....

Or go kick rocks.....

The man gave ya what ya wanted....his explanation......

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 07:11 PM

It's great start but till those dealers PM me and tell me that all Is good I'm withholding judgment.
Posted By: Rick Otts

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 07:12 PM

I am very happy to see he is getting back on hiss feet and making things right.I have been wanting to try some of his products and will this season.
Posted By: Muskeg

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 07:57 PM

I had a boxing coach tell me that it’s not how hard you hit but how hard of hit you can recover from. Good luck and I hope you can recover.

Glad to see you came forward to address this. Respect that.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 08:01 PM

Good job Andy.., take care of the necessary issues and get back on track

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 08:11 PM

I too hope things turn for the better.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 08:34 PM

I've used Andy's lures and they have produced for me better than any other so I'm glad your getting straighten out. I did the same thing with my tree business, it got to big to quick and I couldn't keep up and couldn't find enough good help, so I had to just cut back on the jobs I took and tell some people No. Fortunately for me I don't get paid until I get done so I didn't owe anyone, but people were having to wait 6 months to get me. Good luck man
Posted By: saskbone

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 09:08 PM

Andy........you stink.........your products stink.........and it's great to see you back! I know you'll get things figured out and make things right. Looking forward to seeing you in September and picking more things up. Not the first time you've got punched in the face and will certainly not be the last time. People who actually know you and spent a few minutes with you know what kind of guy you are.

People all make mistakes or bad decisions. Anybody that can say they haven't made a mistake or a bad decision is full of crap!

Looking forward to the fish fry and some Canadian whiskey!
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 09:16 PM

good deal Andy,wishin ya the best.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by saskbone
Andy........you stink.........your products stink.........and it's great to see you back! I know you'll get things figured out and make things right. Looking forward to seeing you in September and picking more things up. Not the first time you've got punched in the face and will certainly not be the last time. People who actually know you and spent a few minutes with you know what kind of guy you are.

People all make mistakes or bad decisions. Anybody that can say they haven't made a mistake or a bad decision is full of crap!

Ha ha, Les, your as bad as Beav. I sure hope I don't ever get hated on like some of you have showed towards Andy. But I wish the best out of a bad situation! See you in a couple weeks, bud!
Posted By: Mark Steck

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 10:30 PM

It's great start but till those dealers PM me and tell me that all Is good I'm withholding judgment.

Beav,
You seem to have anointed yourself the judge and jury using this undisclosed data you speak of.

Mark
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 10:31 PM

Beav wanted Andy to speak for himself but according to beav the dealers wanted him to speak for them... maybe a little hypocritical?

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Originally Posted by saskbone

Ha ha, Les, your as bad as Beav. I sure hope I don't ever get hated on like some of you have showed towards Andy. But I wish the best out of a bad situation! See you in a couple weeks, bud!

Yes sir. See you soon my friend. And be seeing Les in September. Always good times with you two.
Posted By: Justin E

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 10:55 PM

We have seen and I bet will see a lot more of back tracking of comments . Ain’t know one perfect. Andy your One of the best friends I have ever had ! You would do anything for me and I’d do anything for you . That’s the way life goes
Posted By: petey

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 11:20 PM

Stand up guy my arse.

I just talked to a major trapping supply dealer. Weiser still has not apologized or made things right. In my opinion no one should stand up for him or buy his lures.

Boycott the SOB

Honestly sir, it does not appear like you have withheld judgement. 10 to 1 says you don't even know his momma. No offense, but I don't think that was a very thought out comment

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Justin E
We have seen and I bet will see a lot more of back tracking of comments . Ain’t know one perfect. Andy your One of the best friends I have ever had ! You would do anything for me and I’d do anything for you . That’s the way life goes

X2 and better yet wonder how many will have the ----'- to take it up in person at n.t.a.

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/28/19 11:49 PM

Glad you posted andy and can get this behind you , i for one can stand this kind of stuff. If some would fight this hard to "keep trapping strong all over" think how better off we would all be. Instand of fighting amongst our selves on here. And maybe you do fight hard for trapping and if so i thank you.
Posted By: Mac

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/29/19 12:07 AM

Andy
Very glad to see you turning around some of the issues.
It takes a real man to stand up and say he made mistakes. I have made my share, no one is perfect.
Good for you.
By the way, love the new Cat DVD.
Mac
Posted By: 4zebra61

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/29/19 12:11 AM

Let he without sin, cast the first stone!!

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/29/19 12:21 AM

Fact is guys Andy screwed up! Plain and simple as he stated himself. He has admitted so and said he's going to make things right. You can try to defend him all you want but it was his mistake and he was wrong for not addressing it as soon as it happened. Crap happens we get that. He could have came on here back when this first started and simply stated so instead of ignoring what was going on and blocking people on Facebook instead of dealing with it head on. I'm sure he had his reasons but this is how business are run these days with the internet. Not sure how you guys are saying that people who were calling him out about it are in the wrong since he already stated that he was wrong! Again glad that you came on here to clear the air Andy and to set things right as swallowing ones pride and admitting a mistake isn't easy!
Posted By: MinkGuy

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/29/19 01:13 AM

Andy has always been good to me. Generous when asked for association support. Perhaps too kind and giving but for sure a good intentioned man. I like him and his products and would not be afraid to do business with him. I believe his biggest problem is he tried to hard to help too many by giving too much and I'd suspect this eventually catches up to everyone. Good Person and Good Products in my opinion.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/29/19 01:26 AM

Y'all need to ease up. Andy did the honorable thing here and is showing he's the man I had thought him to be. It may have taken him a bit of time to do it, but by golly he did it, and I applaud him for his action here. Welcome back Andy.
Posted By: Neiltraps4fun

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/29/19 01:58 AM

This is (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) good news thanks for clearing this up Andy. You have the best fox gland lure and fox pee out there and now I may have to get a tee shirt or a hoodie.

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/29/19 02:00 AM

Glad to hear things are being made right! Communication is key I think.

Y’all have a good weekend and stay safe out there
Posted By: paloduro

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/29/19 03:43 AM

Andy has always been good to me. He always put extra in my order. I consider Andy to be a good friend.
Posted By: bacatrapper

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/29/19 04:19 AM

Get er done, Andy, and clean up your loose ends.

Weve all bit off more than we can chew, from time to time.
Posted By: Ruger 61

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/29/19 11:18 AM

Andy see you in a couple weeks. Good luck bud.

Wayne
Posted By: TrappedOut

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/29/19 01:31 PM

i also met him in idaho the other weekend, seemed like a great guy to deal with and talk too! i had some of his lure before then and was really impressed with them so i bought a few more! he seems like hes the kind of guy who will make things right one way or the other and i aint gonna judge him if hes trying...
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/29/19 03:17 PM

Glad to see everything is cleared up or will be soon. I’m looking forward to getting another of andy’s Beaver bags.
Posted By: trappergbus

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/29/19 03:25 PM

Good to see Andy, we ALL make bad decisions from time to time. It's called life lessons, Your real friends know you'll do the right thing and you've done that. The rest of the nay sayers need to take a good look in the mirror! Your products speak for themselves, the coyotes hate ya for that LOL..

I'll be in touch soon to place my order, safe travels and wish ya the best. If your passing thru on I80 and need a place to rest ya got my cell number. I'm honored to call you my friend !
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/29/19 06:40 PM

I reckon if I were judged by all the bad things I’ve done in life, I wouldn’t have any friends and my parents would have disowned me. Thank goodness for forgiveness and good people.

Semper Fidelis.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/29/19 07:17 PM

If I am at the convention and someone stars it up with Andy I am on his side and one more thing a few of you have some skeletons in your own closets .Let it go!
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/29/19 08:03 PM

We all have things to work on way to much of this always going on!

[Linked Image]

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/29/19 09:48 PM

Thank you all. Looking forward to seeing all of you soon.
Posted By: mole

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/29/19 09:56 PM

Good Luck Andy.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/30/19 02:35 AM

I saw Andy's Facebook and requested friends, nothing yet
Posted By: trappergbus

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/30/19 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog

[Linked Image]

coolperfect!
Posted By: rod-dog

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/30/19 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rod-dog

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/30/19 06:04 PM

agree 100%
Posted By: forestman3

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/30/19 07:22 PM

So your perfect?
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/30/19 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tactical.20
I saw Andy's Facebook and requested friends, nothing yet

so what?......, I don't want any FB friends either, I HAD to make a personal page to have a business page.

FB is too full of drama and other problems and BARELY worth being there. Its almost as bad as having a landline phone with all those unwanted calls.

It is NOT wise to accept all friend requests due to the fact it links all those other folks' friends to YOU and many folks do not have friends I want connected to...…..I hope that makes sense.

I don't have time to check out ALL of someone's friends, just to know if I want to accept their request.

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/30/19 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by forestman3

So your perfect?

Haven’t you heard? The Beav and Duke traps are as pure as the wind driven snow.

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/30/19 07:41 PM

No I'm not but I pay my bills on time. And If I don't have the funds to purchase those Items I don't order them. So all you guys think It's Ok to not pay your bills.

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/30/19 07:47 PM

Beav. Your right. I learned my lesson a hard way here. Robbing Peter to pay Paul is no way to operate. Neither is playing God either. Your going to answer to him someday same as me.

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/30/19 07:51 PM

I'll be there sooner then you but I'm not worried.

Get your life In order and move on.

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/30/19 08:50 PM

Maybe the Beav is trying to say this ..........for now anyway

[Linked Image]

Re: Andy Weiser - 06/30/19 08:54 PM

Im betting Andy will be focusing on number 3 .......seems like a good guy

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums