Home

Lyme Disease treatment center

Posted By: brocky 100

Lyme Disease treatment center - 06/30/19 11:29 PM

Just read a article on this new center for tick-borne illnesses. Open Medicine Institute and Howard Young Foundation have opened a treatment and research center in Howard Young Medical Center in Woodruff Wisconsin. Tick-Borne Illness Center of Excellence. They said the closest center of this kind is over 1200 miles away. When a person comes to the center they can expect to be heard an to receive expert care focused on a full spectrum of clinical services and research in the field of tick-borne illnesses. they will incorporate a complete approach to treatment and an openness to patients whose individual needs have not been met by standard guideline based practices..If you have a tick-borne illness you can contact them at 715-203-1616 or on the web at ticks@openmedicineinstitute.org.
Hope this can help anyone who's having problems with this illness and is looking to getting on the right track for the correct treatments for these illnesses.
Posted By: nyhuntfish

Re: Lyme Disease treatment center - 07/01/19 12:05 AM

Done. Thank you.
Posted By: run

Re: Lyme Disease treatment center - 07/01/19 12:37 AM

Thanks,Brocky 100.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Lyme Disease treatment center - 07/01/19 01:10 AM

A guy that I work with found a Lone Star tick on him. He removed it who knows how long after it latched on. The next time he ate a steak, he broke out in hives all over 4-5 hours after eating it. The hives went away some time later. A week later he ate red meat and it happened again. He went to the doctor and they confirmed that he has the dreaded I-can't-eat-red meat-anymore disease. No beef, no pork, no deer, no lamb, no goat.
The latest guess is that if he avoids red meat for a long period of time (no estimate given), AND doesn't get bit by another Lone Star tick, his immune system may stop producing the antibodies which cause the over-reaction to the carbohydrate which is in all red meat, and he will be back to normal.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Lyme Disease treatment center - 07/01/19 02:05 AM

Same thing happened to a guy who lives about 15 miles east of me here in Wisconsin.

Moosetrot
Posted By: adam m

Re: Lyme Disease treatment center - 07/01/19 04:41 AM

Thanks
Posted By: varmintshooter

Re: Lyme Disease treatment center - 07/01/19 10:26 AM

Good post thank you. I have an appt with my general practitioner tomorrow and one with the infectious disease doctor. I will pass on the information to them.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums