Home

Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread !

Posted By: Nessmuck

Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/01/19 01:00 PM

All you that don’t shave....tell us your story here...lol
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/01/19 01:14 PM

Don't shave my legs at all. Whenever I see them smooth legs on a man I kind of wonder what part of Cali they grew up in, lol.

The hair on my legs and back makes my longjohns stand out at least a half inch, and that's a good thing at 40 below.
Posted By: ShawneeMan

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/01/19 01:15 PM

Don't have to shave - at my age hair falls off on its' own...
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/01/19 01:19 PM

21 years unshaven

the day I met my wife for the first time , was the last time I shaved.
before that I had shaved some in my teens before my beard came in decent , I had shaved off my beard and kept just the Mustache in January of 1998 a few days before a job interview.

I kept shaving till I had been at the job several months.

I met my wife online and we had been talking a couple months in emails , when we met in person for the first time she said she liked beards and that was good news because I despised shaving.

haven't shaved since , took it down to a 1/2 inch a few times in the summer with the clippers but that is as close to shaving as I have been.
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/01/19 01:25 PM

Haven't shaved here since '86. 33 years unshaven.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/01/19 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by trapper les

The hair on my legs and back makes my longjohns stand out at least a half inch, and that's a good thing at 40 below.

once a long beard has a good crust of ice it blocks the wind well natural insulation, I felt a little bad my sons face was all wind burned this winter when we were cutting wood , he is 15 and his beard hasn't quite filled in yet. it should in 3 more years

I know it's time to trim my beard when I shoulder my shotgun or rifle and get beard between the but stock and my shoulder , that pulls a little.
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/01/19 02:09 PM

My first can of shaving cream, old spice, rusted out before it was empty.
Have used soap and a straight razor a few times.

Been thinking of shaving me head, but it might not grow back haha.
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/01/19 04:22 PM

I have not shaved since 1972; just trim the beard every month or so.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/01/19 04:51 PM

July 1 1984...my last day in the Army was the last time I shaved. Just cut it with hair clippers.
Posted By: l1ranger

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/01/19 07:24 PM

no shaving here

i used to shave in summer to goatee and mustache

one spring, I decided not to and thats been that. I trim some to keep it somewhat neat.
Posted By: 1oldforester

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/01/19 08:00 PM

Mid September 1970 - a Z-GRAM from CNO said beards were allowed if they did not interfere with assigned duties. Haven't seen any good reason to shave since. I do keep it trimmed.
Posted By: Hobbs

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/01/19 08:16 PM

I haven't been unshaven as long as most on here. I haven't fully shaved in about 3 years... not that my beard comes in all that well. Kinda looks like I'll be the next trailer park star on COPS, but it's fine by me.
Posted By: son-of-grizz

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/01/19 08:28 PM

Haven't shaved for years and don't plan it. Granddaughters wouldn't recognize me if I did!
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/01/19 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by bctomcat
I have not shaved since 1972; just trim the beard every month or so.

Same here, Had a belly full of it in the service, came home from the 'Nam and gave it up.Still have a bunch of blades and a couple of cans of Barbasol I bought cheap at the PX before I left.Trim it up 2-3 times a year.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/01/19 09:58 PM

My last shave was in 1977 or 78. Do not remember exactly. Kept the mustache and beard trimmed until about 5 years ago. Just trim the mustache now.
Posted By: #11

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/01/19 10:14 PM

I've been growing one in the winter and shaving it in the spring since '81 or so, and have had it year a round since '97. It is halfway down my chest and solid white. A couple of summers ago a friend of mine asked if I could water his cows for him for a few days while he was gone. One stop was at his son's house were he and his family lived. While there his 5 year old granddaughter came out to check me out. She had lots of questions, but never asked my name. I was told later that she went running into the house and told her dad" Noah or Moses is watering grandpa's cows and he is wearing BIB OVERALLS!!!"
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/01/19 11:29 PM

Had my beard since I was 19, I’m 59 now
That’s ummmm ,ummmm

40 years....
Posted By: cotton

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/02/19 12:09 AM

razor has not been on my cheeks for over 32 years
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/02/19 12:23 AM

Five or Six years ago I had 10 days off around Christmas. I decided I was going to take a break from shaving for that time and would shave again the day before I had to go back to work. At the end of that week, I just couldn't bring myself to pick up the razor. So many hours wasted shaving in those 40+ years that I will never get back.

For the first year, I would trim neatly every few days, maybe once a week. I'm down to the occasional wayward hair being plucked by fingers or snipped with my pocket knife.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/02/19 02:08 AM

Been sporting the Goat-tee and stash for as long as I can remember....still straight razor everything else...plus the top of my head.....Haven’t gone the whole “Stone Cold Steve Austin “ look yet.....
Posted By: Posco

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/02/19 02:24 AM

Manscaping 101...Beat back the jungle. Keep the nose/ear hair trimmed. Don't forget the eyebrows.
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/02/19 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by #11
I've been growing one in the winter and shaving it in the spring since '81 or so, and have had it year a round since '97. It is halfway down my chest and solid white. A couple of summers ago a friend of mine asked if I could water his cows for him for a few days while he was gone. One stop was at his son's house were he and his family lived. While there his 5 year old granddaughter came out to check me out. She had lots of questions, but never asked my name. I was told later that she went running into the house and told her dad" Noah or Moses is watering grandpa's cows and he is wearing BIB OVERALLS!!!"

That is one of the best stories I have read in a long time! smile
Posted By: harleydparts

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/02/19 07:23 AM

I got out of the Army in October of 1980 and grew a full beard. Around October of 1981 the woman's Christian legion wrote me a letter : "Dear Mr. Thomas, we the members of Christian Woman's Legion of America find your beard to be offensive , if God took so much time to create your perfect face who are you to cover it up? " What could I say?
Posted By: 50fps

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/02/19 11:47 AM

Went to trim the beard up a bit last weekend and slipped and messed it up so I took it all off. I hate looking like a puffer fish, but the wife says I look ten years younger.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/02/19 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by harleydparts
I got out of the Army in October of 1980 and grew a full beard. Around October of 1981 the woman's Christian legion wrote me a letter : "Dear Mr. Thomas, we the members of Christian Woman's Legion of America find your beard to be offensive , if God took so much time to create your perfect face who are you to cover it up? " What could I say?

"But they got all them pictures of the Lord looking like the drummer from Foghat..."

Mike
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Greencountrypete...I don’t shave thread ! - 07/02/19 02:19 PM

I grew one a few months back... Wound up shaving it off as I was slated to go to the refinery. Shaved it off and wound up not going to the refinery. Figures.

I might try again when the weather cools off. Depends on how the flintlock treats it once it grows in.

Mike
© 2024 Trapperman Forums