Home

NTA convention coming soon

Posted By: Paul Dobbins

NTA convention coming soon - 07/02/19 03:04 PM

Been awhile since I've been to Misery. Who all is going to attend?

Skeeter Pee will be there to share with friends. If Lee is going to be there, I'd best be careful with the Skeeter Pee so he doesn't get us into trouble. grin
Posted By: MoSam

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/02/19 03:56 PM

I will be there this year, finally got time off of work!
Looking forward to seeing old friends
Posted By: Ark Trapper

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/02/19 04:49 PM

The Oxfords will be there, this will be my Grandsons first convention. He is about 1.5 yrs old so,,,, he will be a handful I'm sure. it will also be his first time camping. Drive safe see you there
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/02/19 04:59 PM

Son and I will be there all 3 days.....
Posted By: Sawmill Creek

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/02/19 05:07 PM

Looking forward to it
Posted By: Drifter

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/02/19 05:07 PM

Yeah Buddy the wife and I will be there. Been a spell since we have been and looking forward to it.
Posted By: concrete man

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/02/19 05:17 PM

Going for a day or two.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/02/19 06:22 PM

I’ll be there. Think maybe some family too.
Posted By: kytrapper

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/02/19 06:35 PM

I'll be there too.
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/02/19 07:56 PM

Me and mine will be there, making a family vacation out of it
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/02/19 10:02 PM

Been to the FTA, this will be my first NTA. Wife and daughter will also come along.
Posted By: claycreech

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/03/19 12:59 AM

As president of the Missouri Trappers Association, we are sure hoping for a big turnout of Trappers from the West, Southwest, South, and southeastern United States. It would be awesome to be close to the same attendance that the NTA draws in the Northern states. And you Northern folks get down here!! Missouri always has a good bunch of Trappers at your shows!!
We’ll be there Monday thru Sunday. Contact myself, Rick Friedrich, or Vicki Wright if we can be of help.
Posted By: coolstucco

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/03/19 12:59 AM

We will be there Friday and Saturday. Have to go to Kansas City Thursday for dr appointments.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/03/19 01:14 AM

I’m planning on being there, will be my 4th NTA convention..
Posted By: RightWayFur

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/03/19 01:24 AM

Be mine and the wife's first one....

Looking forward to it

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/03/19 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by claycreech
As president of the Missouri Trappers Association, we are sure hoping for a big turnout of Trappers from the West, Southwest, South, and southeastern United States. It would be awesome to be close to the same attendance that the NTA draws in the Northern states. And you Northern folks get down here!! Missouri always has a good bunch of Trappers at your shows!!
We’ll be there Monday thru Sunday. Contact myself, Rick Friedrich, or Vicki Wright if we can be of help.

Garrett and I should be pulling into Springfield by Tuesday evening. Once we check in to the motel I'll holler at ya. We plan on visiting the Wonders of Wildlife museum on Wednesday. Then convention all 3 days.
Posted By: K52

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/03/19 02:09 AM

For the people coming to the convention with young ones the Dickerson Park Zoo is next door if they need a break from the convention. I haven't been there in a while but it's a nice zoo for younger kids as it doesn't take all day to see it and they won't be wore out and cranky before they see all the animals.

Should be 4-5 of us coming over.
Posted By: Donnie Shafer

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/03/19 02:09 AM

I plan on being there
Posted By: petey

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/03/19 02:23 AM

Yessir, looking forward to it. Leaving the camper at the house, maybe it cool down a bit, that tent is gonna be toasty!!!
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/03/19 03:02 AM

Will be there Friday afternoon and Saturday. My son, brother and possibly Dad will be coming in on thursday. Dads been having a knee giving him fits, found out today he has a torn meniscus. Today it was hurting enough he couldnt walk so we will see how he is doing.
Posted By: Len Dunham

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/03/19 09:58 AM

Will be there thursday morning.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/03/19 11:59 AM

I will be there smile
Posted By: lcd

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/03/19 12:04 PM

BOSSMAN, LAURA AND I WILL BE THERE MANNING MY BOOTH AND THE TFHA BOOTH IN THE CENTER SECTION. WILL STOP BY AND CHAT A SPELL.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/03/19 01:05 PM

Will be there manning the NCTA booth in the east wing (E32) most of the time. Come on by! If you like supporting trapping organization with a chance to win prizes, I will have one of if not the best raffle ticket at the NTA. 100 prizes (90 GUNS, 7 CASH PRIZES FROM $500 TO $1000, A HONDA 4 WHEELER, A HONDA SIDE BY SIDE AND A LIBERTY GUN SAFE) all for one $10 ticket. That is only ten cents per chance to win! The proceeds benefit the NC NWTF and the NC Trappers Association.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/03/19 02:11 PM

QBD, that's an impressive raffle. Very impressive.

Looking forward to meeting you and many others from this site. I went to the NTA in MI last year, my first NTA convention. I was VERY impressed by the folks in MI and their efforts to ensure everyone had a great time. I know several from the MO Trappers' Association who are just as dedicated, and we're excited for the opportunity to have this nation's trappers come and have a great time with us.

I'm also looking forward to another little sip of that SKEETER PEE. grin
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/04/19 02:05 AM

It is a long ride but I'll be there.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/04/19 04:21 PM

Plan at this time to leave early Wednesday morning..Is like a 9 hour drive and I will be by myself so going to seem like forever. But as old saying goes he who travels fastest goes alone.. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Haven't been to NTA since wife and I went to Hamburg NY..

Mac
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/04/19 04:27 PM

Leaving out Tuesday, somewhere around a 16-hour drive for us. We are looking very forward to being there.
Posted By: coonman220

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/04/19 10:13 PM

I was to the one by Rockford Illinois , 2 summers ago. Sat afternoon, everyone pack up leave. Same thing at ita convention, both places. Except for coyote demos. Totaly dead. At Illinois nta demos. I rember like 6 ppl maybe including me at a demo, not to good, the crowd was at coyote demos

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/04/19 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by coonman220
I was to the one by Rockford Illinois , 2 summers ago. Sat afternoon, everyone pack up leave. Same thing at ita convention, both places. Except for coyote demos. Totaly dead. At Illinois nta demos. I rember like 6 ppl maybe including me at a demo, not to good, the crowd was at coyote demos

I've heard this "complaint" before, about vendors leaving before the show is officially over. Vendors aren't under any obligation I'm aware of to stay for the entire period the event is planned for. They have lives. Many travel great distances expending time, money, and energy to attend these events. Many attend several events each year. It'd be nice if they could/would stay the entire event, but I certainly don't find any fault with someone who leaves early. I'm just glad that they attend and present an opportunity for trappers to meet with them and to make purchases. It's a great opportunity they provide us with to compare prices and products. Unfortunately some trappers aren't able to make it to the event before it's almost over and some have already left. However, there are those that do stay the entire time knowing that a few will only be able to attend the last few hours before it's over. If you're one of those who gets there towards the end, I hope you thank them for waiting for you.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/04/19 11:23 PM

The last two events I stayed on Saturday until I had about an hour to pack before the buildings close. In both cases, there were virtually no customers from around 2:30 until 5 when I got to packing. The place turns into a ghost town. I will do the same at the NTA convention, and we'll see if it's not the same. That's the main reason why dealers pack up on Saturday after noon. I use to stay until midday Sunday, but when I got no sales on Sunday, I quit that. Saturday crowds seem to be leaving earlier and earlier. If there were customers, I'd stay until they kicked me out.
Posted By: farmnhunt

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/05/19 02:59 AM

My 1st convention, i will be there Friday.
Posted By: fur_minator

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/05/19 10:23 PM

I will be there Friday with my family. I plan to stay for the Auction.
Posted By: kytrapper

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/05/19 10:54 PM

Looks like around 90 each day.
Posted By: swampstomper

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/05/19 11:37 PM

I'll be there from Tuesday to Sunday . Hope to meet some of ya'll . Drive safe and see ya'll there.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/06/19 01:11 PM

That's interesting Paul, Saturday's use to be the BIG day, I know id wait until Saturday afternoon to do my buying, no sense in storing stinking lures in a hotel for several days vs just buy it the day before you leave.

As for griping about dealer's leaving early, IF the dealer's didn't purchase the booths/tables you wouldn't be having a convention to attend! They pay the same price for those tables whether they stay the whole event or don't even show up! That's what pays to rent the facility in order to even have the convention.

Swampstomper don't get up there telling yarns about me, lol.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/06/19 02:01 PM

I'll be In Alaska but I could start telling yarns about you right now. LOL

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/06/19 02:47 PM

I understand that people [vendors] have places to go , but if the show advertises that it will be open till 5 then vendors should wait to pack up an leave ,like paul does ,an some other ,if we keep shorting the convention soon it will be one day and nothing else , we all talk about wanting to slow down ,an get together an meet one another , so why don't we take the convention an do this

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/06/19 02:47 PM

is there going to be a trapperman dinner this year

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/06/19 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren

Not that I'm aware of. That's another thing that is slipping away. I don't have the time to organize the event myself. In the past folks stepped up and volunteered to spearhead the cookout.
Posted By: Ark Trapper

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/06/19 03:02 PM

Jtrap r u and family going this year?

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/06/19 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

Not that I'm aware of. That's another thing that is slipping away. I don't have the time to organize the event myself. In the past folks stepped up and volunteered to spearhead the cookout.

And that is lots of work! I helped with the T'man feed at the NTA in Escanaba and I do not remember the total number but north of 200 ate. Lots of cooking and the folks who ram rodded that one were from the lower peninsula. They had to rent a cooker for the pig. I think that was the last one at an NTA. No body has stepped up to take the bull by the horns since.
Posted By: swampstomper

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/06/19 04:31 PM

Jtrapper I ain’t got no lies to tell on you it’s all true. lol

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/06/19 05:33 PM

I understand that people [vendors] have places to go , but if the show advertises that it will be open till 5 then vendors should wait to pack up an leave ,like paul does ,an some other ,if we keep shorting the convention soon it will be one day and nothing else , we all talk about wanting to slow down ,an get together an meet one another , so why don't we take the convention an do this

Well said Dahlgren. The BEST part of the conventions is the fellowship. Doesn't mean I can always stay til the end, but I wish I could. And, like Mr. Dobbins said, we're loosing ground on the events that others have work hard to get started. This issue comes up at our state association meetings, and we do our best to bring it to the members' attention. The same volunteers are always the ones doing the work, and when they are no longer able to dedicate that time and energy, there is little interest by members to step up and lend a hand. I hear this regardless of which state convention I attend.

We (the trapping community) really NEED some of these younger trappers to step up and get involved in keeping our traditions alive. No experience required. Just ask what you can do to help. The rewards far outweigh any sacrifice in my experience. I can assure you that, if we don't value our way of life, nobody else will.

To those out-of-state guys (women included) who are coming to help us MO folks out with the NTA....THANK YOU! My hat is off to you. You guys ROCK!
Posted By: petey

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/06/19 07:46 PM

Does anyone know if there are shower houses? I looked on the fairgrounds map, but didn't see one. I have a portable shower house I can use with a 5 gallon bucket and a bilge pump, but wasn't gonna bring it if I didn't have to.
Posted By: Minker

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/06/19 09:43 PM

Be there wednesday afternoon.
Hotels & taxes there are ridiculous.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/06/19 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by petey
Does anyone know if there are shower houses? I looked on the fairgrounds map, but didn't see one. I have a portable shower house I can use with a 5 gallon bucket and a bilge pump, but wasn't gonna bring it if I didn't have to.

I was told there are showers there.

I'll be there Monday. Have not seen the grounds yet, but am told they are very nice and new. Monday, I will attempt to get some info on here for those with questions.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/06/19 10:46 PM

Will roll in sometime Monday evening. My sidekick is the NTA director and his meetings start Tuesday. I will probably scout around the area Tuesday then set our booth up sometime Wednesday and scout out the fairgrounds.

And for those coming in by Thursday, Groenewold is having a Trapper Appreciation Party Thur. Hi evening from 6:00 until 8:00 at the Bootdaddy Saloon on the fairgrounds. You just need to call 915-938-2381 to reserve a spot.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/07/19 02:08 AM

[Linked Image]
QBD,
Groenys pizza party is Thursday evening.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/07/19 02:51 AM

You are correct. I changed it in my post.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/07/19 03:58 AM

I know of a party of Seven from Montana that will be at the Trapper Appreciation Party.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/07/19 04:41 PM

Been awhile since I've been to Misery. Who all is going to attend?

Skeeter Pee will be there to share with friends. If Lee is going to be there, I'd best be careful with the Skeeter Pee so he doesn't get us into trouble. grin

Ha ha Paul! I'll see you there for sure, but hope their ain't no overzealous game wardens there to make us put the wine away! You know he went around after the fact and appoligized to everyone but me....and maybe you! Plan on getting there Wed afternoon, and I will have to leave Sat evening, as I have responsibilities for Sunday. See you all in Missery!

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/08/19 02:20 AM

I don't recall ever seeing the man Lee. You're just a magnet for trouble - lol.

I'm packed up and ready to hit the road tomorrow morning. I'll be taking my time, and enjoying the ride - once I get past Raleigh.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/08/19 02:25 AM

Travel safe and I'll see you there!
Posted By: Preacherman Les

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/08/19 03:06 AM

Anyone who has the time ought to go down and fish the White while in the area.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/08/19 04:59 AM

I'm packed up and ready to head out in the morning. The yota is squatin' a bit.

Sure hope all you southern trappers can make it to see us. Ain't often we get a National down our way. We need to make a good showing.

You northern trappers will appreciate that the indoors has AC, as I'm sure we all will. I just keep thinking about MI last year. I was wearing a jacket, and shivering. You guys were walking around in shorts! crazy I hope there's less of a climate shock for you. We plan on putting on a good show...and doing it again in the future.

For those of you traveling, please be advised, possums aka "grinners" are not in-season, within the borders of MO. Furthermore, the fur is not prime. Please do not stop along our highways and attempt to collect a tourist pelt. It's unsafe and illegal. MO is a reciprocal state. Therefore, you are welcome to come, during the MO Trapping Season and catch all you can. We dare you!

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/08/19 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by cfowler

For those of you traveling, please be advised, possums aka "grinners" are not in-season, within the borders of MO. Furthermore, the fur is not prime. Please do not stop along our highways and attempt to collect a tourist pelt. It's unsafe and illegal. MO is a reciprocal state. Therefore, you are welcome to come, during the MO Trapping Season and catch all you can. We dare you!

Dang, I guess I can unload the scoop shovel. frown
Posted By: BigD

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/08/19 02:10 PM

I'll be there saturday

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/08/19 07:52 PM

There’s a few here getting stuff together in Springfield. It’s currently pouring down rain. Started soon as I started to set the tent up. Seems to happen to me a lot.

The tailgate section is an asphalt parking lot. May wanna bring some shade with you. Parking lots can get a little warm if the sun starts shining.

Big place, plenty of camping spots.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/08/19 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Cathouse Jim

Dang, I guess I can unload the scoop shovel. frown
Dillers can still be picked up they got no fur.
Posted By: Riverotter2

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/08/19 11:31 PM

Down South Trappers will be there, stop by and BS a while with us.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/09/19 12:01 AM

The rain stopped. Lost a brand new tent when a strong wind came through. It looked good after I set it up. Lasted about ten minutes. Got a ride to town from Justin E and bought another.

There are showers here, but not many. Two for men, two for women. All i’ve found anyways.

Been a slow trickle of folks coming in all day. Work started on the demo area, and it’ll be finished tomorrow.

Bring some shade if you plan to tailgate. They have the tailgating area directly across from the main building. It’s an asphalt parking lot, so it’s gonna get warm.
Posted By: TurTLe

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/09/19 02:48 AM

I’ll be there Saturday. Hope to see some old friends.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/09/19 03:56 AM

Checked in to the hotel in Springfield after a long ride. Drive safe follks!

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/09/19 08:34 AM

Donna and I are set to hit the trail from south Texas to Springfield in a few hours. Should roll into the fairgrounds tomorrow.
Looking forward to seeing old (and new) friends as we do once a year at this convention.

Mark

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/09/19 12:28 PM

Nope won't see me at any NTA event again.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/09/19 01:38 PM

I guess that makes 2 of us.
Posted By: handitrapper

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/09/19 02:37 PM

Three

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/09/19 06:01 PM

Well...we will miss yall!

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/09/19 06:03 PM

I'll be In Alaska.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/12/19 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper

Why not?
Posted By: coonman220

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/13/19 02:36 PM

Isn't the nta convention usally at end july ? Been to 5, last was 2 summers ago in county Rockford I'll. Is in, 2 hrs away, I have more fonder memories of past nowadays
Posted By: Idaho Bison

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/14/19 01:26 AM

Hope you guys all have fun. Things came up and I had to pass again this year.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/14/19 03:59 AM

Why not?

Can't say on here nitty, we can only think happy thoughts here. Doesn't matter anyway.
Posted By: Minker

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/14/19 05:50 AM

Well i just got home, did stop & get a pizza first as i didn't stop for food on the way home.
Seen a road killed armidillo just north of springfield on 44 leaving , surprized there that far north.
It was a good show , Misery trappers assoc. did a good job .

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/14/19 05:19 PM

I'm home from the convention now. Was a long week for me, but filled with a lot of good memories. Met some great people. Had a lot of fun. Now I'm exhausted and glad it's over. grin

I was able to get some of Mr. Dobbins "Skeeter Pee" at the Friday night auction. Picked up a few other nice items too, including a Joe Goodman print.

Seemed like several of the vendors did pretty good on their sales. Was a little slower than I had hoped for. Seemed like Thursday was the most busy, but people were carrying stuff out at a steady rate.

BIG Thank You to all the people who showed up from out-of-state and gave us a hand. You all are the BEST!

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/14/19 06:22 PM

Mr Fowler, I had intended to look you up, but was always off on some other rat killin mission, so I missed connecting with you. Will you be in Chillicothe?

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/14/19 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Mr Fowler, I had intended to look you up, but was always off on some other rat killin mission, so I missed connecting with you. Will you be in Chillicothe?

laugh Lee, I apologize for not introducing myself. I actually spoke with you twice. Once before the show, then again on Saturday morning. And, as always, it was very nice speaking with you. I tailgated, and was sending a few folks at you for the Death Rays and fleshing knives. I was a little short skinny fella with a long pony-tail. Met and purchased from you in Escanaba and Kansas last year. May refresh your memory a bit?

Several of you Jayhawkers showed up, and we were sure glad to have you. Even Andy Eastwood laugh bought another couple dz rebar stakes from him. Then he took the money and out-bid me on a Sterling at the Friday night auction. He whooped like he'd won the lottery, so I suppose I'm happy for him. crazy

Got to meet Ken Smith and a couple more from OK. Good folks there too.

And, yes sir, I will be in Chillicothe. I'll make a point to introduce myself and speak with you a bit. If'n you're comin to Misery again, I wouldn't miss the opportunity to shake your hand again.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/14/19 09:44 PM

I was tailgating in Springfield, slot #3, in front of the main convention building. Someone was looking at some traps I had on a table, and they left a trap in a brown paper sack. There was also some papers of different sorts left with the trap. If it belongs to you, please PM me so that we can make arrangements to get your stuff to you.
Posted By: claycreech

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/14/19 09:54 PM

As President of the Mo Trappers Association, I’d like to thank all who attended the NTA convention. I hope everyone enjoyed your time at the convention. We had a few kinks that come with hosting a convention at a grounds for the first time, but overall we felt it went well. We definitely drew quite a few trappers from the South.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/14/19 10:19 PM

just got home drove straight thru you Missouri trapper did great job, everything was good I had the best time, of all the show I have got to go too , first one that I did not have to work the hole time I did help out where I could, great job guys smile

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/14/19 10:33 PM

It was a super good convention. The Missouri folks did an outstanding job! It was good talking with so many good folks there. Fortunately Lee didn't get us in any trouble - lol.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/14/19 10:41 PM

Enjoyed my first NTA national convention. Hope to attend one sometime in the future up in the Great White North. Riverotter good to meet and visit with you. Hoped to get one of Lee's knives but didn't have the funds left after getting my necessities. Did point it out to the wife since I have a birthday coming soon so still int the works. Forgot to look at my notes before coming up there, but did get some DigR from Mr. Dobbins and realized after reading my notes I should have gotten some GL40. Guess I'll place an order soon.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/15/19 12:06 AM

Brought the family with me for our first NTA event. Got to meet the boss man, I just introduced myself said hi and bought a jar of backbreaker, he was busy talking and didn’t want to interrupt. Got to chat with lee shortly about his nice looking pup. Was a good time and I look forward to many future conventions in many states. Also I hope at the Missouri convention I can meet cfowler and clay creech

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/15/19 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by J Staton
Enjoyed my first NTA national convention. Hope to attend one sometime in the future up in the Great White North. Riverotter good to meet and visit with you. Hoped to get one of Lee's knives but didn't have the funds left after getting my necessities. Did point it out to the wife since I have a birthday coming soon so still int the works. Forgot to look at my notes before coming up there, but did get some DigR from Mr. Dobbins and realized after reading my notes I should have gotten some GL40. Guess I'll place an order soon.

It was a good convention. Hate that we missed meetimg... Maybe we can meet at a future convention. That DigR should get a reaction in Arkansas...it does here in Georgia.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/15/19 12:42 AM

laugh Lee, I apologize for not introducing myself. I actually spoke with you twice. Once before the show, then again on Saturday morning. And, as always, it was very nice speaking with you. I tailgated, and was sending a few folks at you for the Death Rays and fleshing knives. I was a little short skinny fella with a long pony-tail. Met and purchased from you in Escanaba and Kansas last year. May refresh your memory a bit?

Several of you Jayhawkers showed up, and we were sure glad to have you. Even Andy Eastwood laugh bought another couple dz rebar stakes from him. Then he took the money and out-bid me on a Sterling at the Friday night auction. He whooped like he'd won the lottery, so I suppose I'm happy for him. crazy

Got to meet Ken Smith and a couple more from OK. Good folks there too.

And, yes sir, I will be in Chillicothe. I'll make a point to introduce myself and speak with you a bit. If'n you're comin to Misery again, I wouldn't miss the opportunity to shake your hand again.

Oh crap, please forgive my forgetfulness! Yes, now that You say that, I have met you several times before! Hard to keep track of everyone!

Yes, ol Ks was well represented! I can guesstimate there were prolly several hundred Ks folks there, and maybe more. Thanks for getting me straightened out!

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/15/19 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Lippold
Got to meet the boss man, I just introduced myself said hi and bought a jar of backbreaker, he was busy talking and didn’t want to interrupt

You wouldn't be interrupting. I wish we would have talked more. If we have a chance to meet again, let's talk more - don't be shy.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/15/19 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

It was a good convention. Hate that we missed meetimg... Maybe we can meet at a future convention. That DigR should get a reaction in Arkansas...it does here in Georgia.

Yep hated that too but if I have any questions on the Bridgers I'll pm you. I'm sure we'll meet at some future convention, good Lord willing.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/15/19 12:49 AM

The next NTA, we'll have to do what we use to do. We scheduled a time each day for Tman members to meet at my booth so everyone could meet and talk with each other.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/15/19 12:52 AM

The next NTA, we'll have to do what we use to do. We scheduled a time each day for Tman members to meet at my booth so everyone could meet and talk with each other.

That's a great idea!
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/15/19 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

That's a great idea!

Definitely should do that.
Posted By: Swifty

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/15/19 01:05 AM

Someone printed some pin-on-ID-tags with a person's Trapperman name to wear at the NTA a few years ago, and Paul had them at his booth to be picked up. That was a neat idea. I still have mine, somewhere.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/15/19 02:12 AM

Next time Paul I’ll make sure to sit down and talk, I would be honored

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/15/19 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Swifty
Someone printed some pin-on-ID-tags with a person's Trapperman name to wear at the NTA a few years ago, and Paul had them at his booth to be picked up. That was a neat idea. I still have mine, somewhere.

Darrel, I think that was Patrice that ramrodded that tag deal. They were daarn nice tags, and I think it was either in Ottumwa, Mn or Lima Oh, but as usual I can't remember! Maybe someone else can pull it out! lol

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/15/19 12:57 PM

Pretty sure they were at Lima. Not sure if was 09 or 13.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/15/19 01:59 PM

I like the idea of tags or a get-together of some sort. Never seem to meet everyone I want to, but always meet a couple of you. Highlights of the event for me.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/15/19 02:23 PM

Bossman, you or anyone else get any pictures to share with us. We really had a good time catching up with old friends and making some new ones. And weren't those air conditioned buildings nice? Finally got to meet Lee as he was in our building. Got my knife from him about 5 years ago. Lee,I am the guy that gave you and Paul the tomatoes. For anyone who missed this one, it sure was a good event. Thanks to everyone who helped with all that work, and a special thanks to Rick Fredrick, (probably spelled that wrong, but everyone knows Rick anyway). See you all next year in Michigan.
Posted By: Rusty Axe Camp

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/15/19 03:30 PM

Probably too early, but any idea on attendance numbers? How'd the southern one compare to the more midwestern or northern ones?

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/15/19 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rusty Axe Camp
Probably too early, but any idea on attendance numbers? How'd the southern one compare to the more midwestern or northern ones?

I haven't heard anything. I asked Saturday evening, but the info hadn't come from the NTA, as far as I know anyways. I'm just as interested as you are though.
Posted By: tjm

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/15/19 05:31 PM

i thought I had just missed the posting on this years meets.

Name tags are a great idea anytime over ten people get together, imo, I never can put names and faces together with out some kind of reminder and I don't mind if you have to ask my name; but tags do help. Should be a part of the entry protocol.
Posted By: cat4fish

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/15/19 06:01 PM

That would be great !! Bring plenty of wine !!! The wife had me put the last part in . LOL
Posted By: Swifty

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/15/19 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Swifty

Darrel, I think that was Patrice that ramrodded that tag deal. They were daarn nice tags, and I think it was either in Ottumwa, Mn or Lima Oh, but as usual I can't remember! Maybe someone else can pull it out! lol

I never made it to the NTA at Lima, OH, but I was at the NTA in Owatonna, MN, so I think that is where the Trapperman name tags were. They could also have been at Lima, but I think they were done at least a couple of times.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/15/19 09:57 PM

Very nice show last show last week, met a lot of nice folks.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/16/19 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper

Looks like you have something more in common with Bob whose name shall not be spoken lol.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/16/19 01:57 AM

Nah, he goes personal on folks, I just oppose policy, etc. BIG difference. Plus I don't have to lie about anything!

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/16/19 11:57 PM

any word on number of people thru gate yet

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/17/19 12:06 AM

any word on number of people thru gate yet

I'm still waiting to hear myself. The NTA folks have the numbers. Hopefully that info will be presented soon.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/17/19 12:50 AM

Preliminary estimate of a little over 3,000 attendees at the convention, not including tailgaters and vendors. Final numbers supposed to be coming this weekend.

Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/17/19 04:23 AM

Preliminary estimate of a little over 3,000 attendees at the convention, not including tailgaters and vendors. Final numbers supposed to be coming this weekend.

Seems about right... was the lowest attendance I've been to in awhile, or maybe ever. Fur market I'm sure, no reflection on MTA.... no I take that back, lol. Some people might have stayed if the walk to the bathroom wasn't half a mile 10 times a day, LOL

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/17/19 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Seems about right... was the lowest attendance I've been to in awhile, or maybe ever. Fur market I'm sure, no reflection on MTA.... no I take that back, lol. Some people might have stayed if the walk to the bathroom wasn't half a mile 10 times a day, LOL

The bathroom situation left something to be desired for the campers. Especially us tent campers. A few porta-potties spread out would have been MUCH better. I noticed I was stepping lightly, but quickly, trying to cover some ground, on a couple of occasions.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/17/19 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

You obviously missed Hamburg and Pecatonica. Much better attendance last week than either of those.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/17/19 01:09 PM

Don't think Hamburg cracked 2000

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/17/19 01:39 PM

Pecatonica did not crack 2K either.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/17/19 06:13 PM

There were more vendors and tailgaters there at Pecatonica than there were attendees! Can't speak for NY, wasn't there!
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/17/19 08:24 PM

3,000? I think they dang near get that many at a Pennsylvania state trappers convention.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/17/19 09:36 PM

If they would have a convention in the Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Pensacola, etc., a southern convention could draw a crowd like those up north. You would have to give a reason for the northern folks , not the ones who regularly travel to conventions, to use it as a vacation. Down there it may be even hotter than Springfield but there's a beach to play on and deep sea fishing to boot.
BTW I thought the weather was nice in Springfield not real hot or humid.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/17/19 10:11 PM

Why you have to push recruitment during the high fur market years so it can carry you through the bad times but what do I know?

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/17/19 10:34 PM

Those 3000 folks at MO were a great crowd and without being super busy you could have some quality conversations and enjoy the show. I left with a lot of found memories from the Springfield convention.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/17/19 10:35 PM

If they would have a convention in the Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Pensacola, etc., a southern convention could draw a crowd like those up north. You would have to give a reason for the northern folks , not the ones who regularly travel to conventions, to use it as a vacation. Down there it may be even hotter than Springfield but there's a beach to play on and deep sea fishing to boot.
BTW I thought the weather was nice in Springfield not real hot or humid.
I thought the weather was wonderful! Way cooler then it was at home when I left. It was my first nta and I thought it was pretty cool deal. If this was a small turn out i need to attend a good one then.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/17/19 10:38 PM

summer in mo can be awful. I enjoyed the weather also

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/17/19 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by John-Chagnon
Those 3000 folks at MO were a great crowd and without being super busy you could have some quality conversations and enjoy the show. I left with a lot of found memories from the Springfield convention.

John great having you at the show. I'm the fella that bought the feather-light DP at the Friday auction. Was nice having you come by the tailgating section and visit.

I too thought we had pretty good weather for MO. It could've been worse, but we had lower temps and at least a slight breeze most of the days. The AC for our vendors, and having them all under one roof was a big plus for everyone attending I thought. We weren't too crowded, but we still had a lot of vendors and a lot of shoppers I thought. We (the Mo Trappers' Association) were very pleased at the numbers that showed from down south and up north. Had a great bunch of folks there.
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/18/19 03:56 AM

There were more vendors and tailgaters there at Pecatonica than there were attendees! Can't speak for NY, wasn't there!

Yeah, Pecatonica had a ton of tailgaters.

Re: NTA convention coming soon - 07/18/19 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by John-Chagnon

John great having you at the show. I'm the fella that bought the feather-light DP at the Friday auction. Was nice having you come by the tailgating section and visit.

I too thought we had pretty good weather for MO. It could've been worse, but we had lower temps and at least a slight breeze most of the days. The AC for our vendors, and having them all under one roof was a big plus for everyone attending I thought. We weren't too crowded, but we still had a lot of vendors and a lot of shoppers I thought. We (the Mo Trappers' Association) were very pleased at the numbers that showed from down south and up north. Had a great bunch of folks there.

You guys from the Missouri Trappers Association did a great job with the vendors, I thought. And I agree with you John, a busy crowd but not so many that you couldn't spend a little time talking with folks. I am pretty good at that according to my wife. I am the guy that has the turkey calls that was in your building.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums