Home

What's The Big Deal

Posted By: Anonymous

What's The Big Deal - 07/02/19 10:48 PM

Other than cost why such an outcry against a 4th of July parade in Washington D.C. that involves military equipment?
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/02/19 10:51 PM

It's snowing big flakes!
Posted By: Boco

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/02/19 11:06 PM

If the protesters get out of hand the equipment will be right there to deal with them,lol.
Couple of those big flamethrowers should work well to dispese the crowd.
I wonder if any lefties will stand in front of the tank like the chinamen in tianamin square?
Posted By: adam m

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/02/19 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
If the protesters get out of hand the equipment will be right there to deal with them,lol.
Couple of those big flamethrowers should work well to dispese the crowd.
I wonder if any lefties will stand in front of the tank like the chinamen in tianamin square?

Winner winner chicken dinner
Posted By: KeithC

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/02/19 11:33 PM

I thought all 4th of July parades had active and retired military personnel and military equipment, like anti aircraft guns, jeeps, tanks, trucks, humvees, half tracks and tanks in them. Every 4th of July parade I have ever attended did. The troops always carried firearms. Fly overs of military aircraft usually happened too.

The Dayton Airshow must make liberals really cry.

Keith

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/02/19 11:41 PM

It's just nuts. Granted I wish it didn't cost so much but if your going to spend money like .gov does, at least this money is spent in celebration of our Republic and the liberty it once/does bestow.

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 12:51 AM

They said they are worried about damage to the roads,lol.
I guess they got better roads in China,Nork and Russia where they haul around all those honkin big nuclear bombs up and down the streets a few times a year.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 01:02 AM

Only because Trump asked for it.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 01:04 AM

The only big deal I see is calling it a 4th of July parade. Independence Day parade I have no issues with.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by J Staton
Other than cost why such an outcry against a 4th of July parade in Washington D.C. that involves military equipment?

Because such parades have soley been the domain of militant dictators and communists...
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB

Because such parades have soley been the domain of militant dictators and communists...

X2

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by wissmiss

X2

I like and respect both of you, but you are both very wrong. Just do a quick search for "images tanks or military equipment in 4th of July parades" and you will find thousands of images. They even have tanks in parades in California.

[Linked Image]

Keith
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 01:49 AM

That's not the same as what people think of...when people here about having military equipment, they are thinking of columns of tanks and other hardware and divisions of men parading through. A few tanks isn't what we are envisioning as who thinks Trump would be happy with a few tanks.

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 02:01 AM

Here's the column of tanks delivered to Washington D.C. today. Spooky......
[Linked Image]

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 02:35 AM

That's not the same as what people think of...when people here about having military equipment, they are thinking of columns of tanks and other hardware and divisions of men parading through. A few tanks isn't what we are envisioning as who thinks Trump would be happy with a few tanks.

According to CNN, there will only be 4 tanks:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/01/politics/tanks-july-4-washington/index.html

I was at a parade in Piqua, Ohio, that had 6 tanks, in the mid seventies. I had an uncle who rode one. I have seen tanks in lots of parades. I don't see how having 4 tanks in Washington DC is a big deal at all.

Keith
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 02:50 AM

People should be happy to see the equipment and troops that keep them safe while they live their lives doing what they choose to do.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 03:08 AM

It may scare our northern and southern neighbors?!?!
Posted By: Art S

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 03:22 AM

Trump should publicly endorse and encourage breathing air , clean beautiful air ,
possibly the best air ever ,lol

Might thin out the liberal ranks . grin

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 03:37 AM

That's gonna look pretty lame compared to the Russians.
When we want to show off we round up the red serge.
Posted By: boz

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC

According to CNN, there will only be 4 tanks:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/01/politics/tanks-july-4-washington/index.html

I was at a parade in Piqua, Ohio, that had 6 tanks, in the mid seventies. I had an uncle who rode one. I have seen tanks in lots of parades. I don't see how having 4 tanks in Washington DC is a big deal at all.

Keith

If CNN says four it ain't gonna be four..... Nothing but liars
Posted By: Scioto

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 08:43 AM

It’s not about the Fourth whatsoever, it’s only about Captain Bone Spurs
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 12:08 PM

That's gonna look pretty lame compared to the Russians.
When we want to show off we round up the red serge.

Because you don't have enough tanks to make a decent parade?
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 12:27 PM

Red Serge what? I think of a few gay men prancing around on horses when I think of Canadian military.....and I am serious. I can not honestly think of a serious Canadian threat of naval power, air power, or ground strength - sorry.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 02:05 PM

Unreal how fixated the left is.... NPR just keeps interviewing "experts" on their vew of How the President is throwing away tradition. Who's tradition....and s
SO WHAT!
Posted By: teepee2

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 02:35 PM

As they tear down civil war memorials. I guess it's his turn in "throwing away tradition".
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 02:37 PM

It is all about the costs! And this is a waste as we continue to run up the debt we are leaving future Americans burdened with.
If it's all about puffing, or ego, let there be private funds raised to do it-maybe some of the military contractors could kick in a few bucks. They'd just write it off as an advertising expense.
Posted By: Bruiser1

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by TreedaBlackdog
Red Serge what? I think of a few gay men prancing around on horses when I think of Canadian military.....and I am serious. I can not honestly think of a serious Canadian threat of naval power, air power, or ground strength - sorry.

True, as long as the weather stays above zero degrees. The marines came up to petawawa one year for winter ex. They went out Monday morning and were all back in camp Wednesday
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 02:45 PM

Honestly a bunch of tanks and modern military hardware and such in an independence day parade is kind of strange if you ask me. We're celebrating our independence from the British, we're not celebrating the military.

The regular army fought in the independence war, of course, but so did militia and minutemen. I'd much prefer to see a bunch of guys in period correct military costumes with horse-drawn cannons, and period correct regular outfits marching with muskets.
Posted By: Posco

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Unreal how fixated the left is.... NPR just keeps interviewing "experts" on their vew of How the President is throwing away tradition. Who's tradition....and s
SO WHAT!

NPR is fixated on climate change, the human anomalies known as the LGBTQIA community, open borders and all other things leftist. The only thing 'Public' in NPR is that we're all paying for that crap.

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 08:17 PM

Interesting .

Here's a picture from the Inaugural Parade for J.F. Kennedy ,Jan. 20 1961 .

[Linked Image]

He must of had a huge ego .......

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 09:38 PM

A President gives a speech in Washington D.C. on Independence Day. What a shame......

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 09:41 PM

https://july4thparade.com/facts-history/

How dare they have a parade.
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 10:05 PM

It's a weird holiday for modern military equipment. Bring in some minutemen with muskets and fly Betsy's flag instead. That said, the real objection seems to be that Trump is doing it.

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
It's a weird holiday for modern military equipment. Bring in some minutemen with muskets and fly Betsy's flag instead. That said, the real objection seems to be that Trump is doing it.

Kinda but I can see where the modern military should be represented seeing as they ensure we keep our independence.
That said, it would be fun to see Boco dressed up in 18th century British military attire and Walleyed dressed in 18th century U.S. military attire launching muskrats at each other with cannon. grin
Posted By: rudydog

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 10:46 PM

Any time a draft dodger orders the military to do things it will bring out critics.

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by rudydog
Any time a draft dodger orders the military to do things it will bring out critics.

President Donald Trump did not dodge the draft. Even liberal supporter Snopes, after intensive investigation, found no evidence that anything illegal or improper was done to prevent Trump from serving.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/08/02/donald-trumps-draft-deferments/

Keith
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/03/19 11:39 PM

Facts will never stop the uninformed from spouting diatribe.

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 12:16 AM

What does it mean when they call Trump General Bonespurs?

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 12:22 AM

What does it mean when they call Trump General Bonespurs?

It means that some ill informed individual or dishonest one is offended or mock offended, that the now president really had bonespurs, which did not even prevent him from being entered in the draft.

From Snopes:

"While attending the University of Pennsylvania’s prestigious Wharton School of Finance, Mr. Trump received a minor medical deferment for bone spurs on both heels of his feet. The medical deferment was expected to be short-term and he was therefore entered in the military draft lottery, where he received an extremely high number, 356 out of 365."

His high draft number was never chosen, but it could have been. He was enrolled in the draft as he was supposed to be. He did not dodge the draft. He just was not chosen.

Keith

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 12:28 AM

So he had a minor medical condition that kept him from being drafted into the army,cause they put the less desireables at the bottom of the roll,and the more fit would be called up sooner?
Posted By: Catch22

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 12:31 AM

So he had a minor medical condition that kept him from being drafted into the army,cause they put the less desireables at the bottom of the roll,and the more fit would be called up sooner?

I understand, I do, projection of guilt from the northern sister. Bless you!

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 12:32 AM

No, the numbers were given randomly. He could have gotten a low number, been examined and sent off to war if the spurs were no longer an issue. He just randomly got a high draft number, so the spurs were a complete non issue.

Keith

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 12:44 AM

I heard something similar about Ted Nugent.
Is Ted still kicking-used to like listening to him argue with the lefties?
Funny Trump never made him Secretary of state or some such.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 12:46 AM

I heard something similar about Ted Nugent.

AM Radio?
Posted By: rudydog

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 03:09 AM

trump himself in several interviews says he didn't go because he had deferments? I know it's a poor source, but the president says in his own words he had 4 deferments because of higher education, and one because of bone spurs? Again, an untrustable source, the president, but he said he would have, if it weren't for the bone spurs . I can find these interviews, I cannot find anything coming from trumps mouth saying he had a high draft number? But several interviews referring to the bone spurs.These might not be interviews to be trusted because they are of the president in his own words.
There are interviews about nuggent crapping his pants to get out of the draft. Again in his own words, he later said it was a joke. But it did make him seem unfit to serve?

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 04:14 AM

If there are several interviews , should be easy to post one .
Posted By: Bruiser1

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 09:13 AM

He didn’t go because his daddy was rich and pulled some strings. That’s pretty obvious.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 11:10 AM

Pelosi can fly back and forth to Commiefornia on a private jet at taxpayer expense. Just one of many examples of a waste of money that you're supposed to ignore.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 12:02 PM

Cost of one 4th of July event: unacceptable. Unending and unknown expense of providing health care to illegals: acceptable. Makes sense, no?

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 12:25 PM

A question on draft dodging.
I know of someone who received a draft letter in the late 60's. His dad called his brother, this guys uncle, who was a sergeant in the military to ask him what to do. The uncle told the dad not to open the letter and have his soon go enlist in the army that day. The uncle said he would by enlisting been sent to Germany not Vietnam. He did so on the advice of his uncle who was a member of the military and on the insistence of his father. He served in the military but by enlisting not in combat. So was this person, the 18 year old kid , a draft dodger?
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 12:39 PM

All a dog and pony show, smoke and mirrors, reach around..Tomorrow be something all new, that was old????That's new???
Still waiting on great new health care and Mexico to build the dang wall. Don't need no stinking new shoes..

Mac
Posted By: MJM

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 12:41 PM

My guess is, that If President Trump said "We are not going to waste money on a parade" the same people complaining about there being one, would complain about him not having one. Maybe if more of you had spent time in the military you would not have you undies in a knot over a few tanks.

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 12:49 PM

Some of these posts about deferments ( the rich getting out of military service didn't start with Trump , nor end )
and now the wall and orange man bad whatever whatever , just proves that the "uproar" is ONLY because Trump
wanted it . TDS is real my friends .
Posted By: kytrapper

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 12:53 PM

This is one of threads that pop up on here occasionally that amazes me how anyone can be of a mindset of trapping, hunting and enjoy the benefit of freedom and be a liberal. They’re like sharks when one pops up they come swimming in to try to get a bite. This is the greatest nation on the face of the earth and that has ever been. ANYTHING that shows pride in this country should not be attempted to be destroyed for the clown car parade driving down the left lane currently.

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bruiser1
He didn’t go because his daddy was rich and pulled some strings. That’s pretty obvious.

Obviously not, or when liberal supporter, Snopes did a thorough investigation, they would of found it.

Keith
Posted By: Posco

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 07:55 PM

Code Pink got a permit to fly their 'Baby Trump' balloon within view of where the president is going to be speaking. How many networks do you suppose will use it as their leadoff story?

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 08:32 PM

Baby Blimp Trump is part of the air show?,lol.
Posted By: mnsota

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/04/19 09:14 PM

Billions burdened on The American taxpayer through illegal immigration and yet the never-Trumpers,resistors and snowflakes whine about a few million honoring Americas' independence!
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/05/19 03:42 AM

Whenever I see the ridiculous baby Trump balloon, I laugh. That is the dumbest idea ever. It just proves to me, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I made the right decision to vote for Trump, and inspires me even more to do the same in 2020, as well as make sure I bring as many other voters with me.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/05/19 03:53 AM

My understanding is a couple of tanks that will be parked for the whole thing and some transports for the troops that train shot is the whole shebang!
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/05/19 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
Cost of one 4th of July event: unacceptable. Unending and unknown expense of providing health care to illegals: acceptable. Makes sense, no?

x2

Mike
Posted By: Jarhead620

Re: What's The Big Deal - 07/05/19 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Scioto
It’s not about the Fourth whatsoever, it’s only about Captain Bone Spurs

You are right except I refer to him as Private Bone Spurs. He didn't serve so he earned no rank. He's such a pathetic psychopath.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums