Home

Unreal bear video

Posted By: BernieB.

Unreal bear video - 07/02/19 11:49 PM

I finally got around to going through hundreds of trail cam videos from this spot and creating a youtube video of the bears and other critters using this log behind my house. It's unbelievable.

Enjoy the vid.

Posted By: Osky

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/03/19 12:15 AM

Great work Bernie. Fun to watch.
Also good of you to prove the DNR correct in that we are running out of bears. If you'd put a toll booth on that log we BOTH could retire fat and sassy.

Osky
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/03/19 12:17 AM

Cool, thanks for sharing!
Posted By: atrapper

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/03/19 01:20 AM

Very cool video, Bernie! So, what's the attraction to that log? Or does it just happen to sit on a game trail? No doubt a number of those clips show the same bear or bears multiple times but do you have a guess as to how many different bears your camera caught during this video? Thanks again!

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/03/19 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by atrapper
Very cool video, Bernie! So, what's the attraction to that log? Or does it just happen to sit on a game trail? No doubt a number of those clips show the same bear or bears multiple times but do you have a guess as to how many different bears your camera caught during this video? Thanks again!

Near as I can tell there are 17 different bears including cubs. Yes it is right on a bear trail.

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/03/19 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Osky
Great work Bernie. Fun to watch.
Also good of you to prove the DNR correct in that we are running out of bears. If you'd put a toll booth on that log we BOTH could retire fat and sassy.

Osky

Yeah there's a heck of a lot of bears in this area but it sure is hard to get a bear tag. DNR bear biologists are clueless maybe they'll see this video.
Posted By: patfundine

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/03/19 03:12 AM

I live not far from you. I counted up the bear sightings a few days ago from the area. Roughly 18 bears have been seen within a couple miles of Pillager in the last 6 weeks. This reminds me I have a camera in the alley behind my house, because a bear had been hitting the neighbors trash can.... I should pull the card and see whats on it.

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/03/19 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by patfundine
I live not far from you. I counted up the bear sightings a few days ago from the area. Roughly 18 bears have been seen within a couple miles of Pillager in the last 6 weeks. This reminds me I have a camera in the alley behind my house, because a bear had been hitting the neighbors trash can.... I should pull the card and see whats on it.

Well you can add two to that total, I saw one by the old Beimert store three weeks ago and one by Rock lake last week.
Posted By: Kevin Colpetzer

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/03/19 07:06 AM

All appear to be coming to and leaving a bait station grin
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/03/19 08:28 AM

That is one busy log for sure.

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/03/19 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Drifter
That is one busy log for sure.

Notice how the smaller bears walk right down the log and the bigger bears have to walk beside it.

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/03/19 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.

Well you can add two to that total, I saw one by the old Beimert store three weeks ago and one by Rock lake last week.

The one by beimerts is on the list. It is a daily nuisance at a co workers house just across the RR tracks from there.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/03/19 04:49 PM

Nicely done! All the varmints look fat and sassy, must be eating good, kinda neat watching the woods green up.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/03/19 08:13 PM

I live about 50 miles south of Pillager and I've had one cross my driveway last year. And my neighbor had to pull his bird feeders because of two bears.
Posted By: Born

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/03/19 08:33 PM

I saw a sow and cub in Carlos Avery middle of May. They seem to be coming south.

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/07/19 01:12 AM

They are definitely expanding their range. More and more bears being seen in southeast Minnesota and Northeast Iowa. Minnesota bear populations are at an all time high I believe.

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/07/19 01:14 AM

Well you can add two to that total, I saw one by the old Beimert store three weeks ago and one by Rock lake last week. [/quote]
The one by beimerts is on the list. It is a daily nuisance at a co workers house just across the RR tracks from there.[/quote]

There are a lot of bears in that area. Chances of it being the same bear are slim. Possible though.

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/10/19 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin Colpetzer
All appear to be coming to and leaving a bait station grin

Not a bait station but a food source.
Posted By: MnMan

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/11/19 12:30 AM

Fascinating and great quality video. I live about 15 miles north of you and in the past two years I hardly know anyone who hasn't seen bears in their yards. Almost anyone I run into has a bear story to tell.

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/11/19 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by MnMan
Fascinating and great quality video. I live about 15 miles north of you and in the past two years I hardly know anyone who hasn't seen bears in their yards. Almost anyone I run into has a bear story to tell.

It's ridiculous, every where you go people are talking about all the bears they are seeing. In church, at the check out line at walmart, at the gas station, at graduations and weddings. Everywhere.
Posted By: JoeRJr

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/11/19 02:04 AM

That's a lot of bears! I liked the flying squirrel and porcupine. Don't catch them on camera every day!
Joe

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/11/19 03:26 AM

Add 1 more to the list of bears. We saw a huge bear right by the dollar general in Pillager last night. Biggest bear I've ever seen.

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/11/19 05:28 AM

Add 1 more to the list of bears. We saw a huge bear right by the dollar general in Pillager last night. Biggest bear I've ever seen.

Tie that one up for me!
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/11/19 06:58 AM

Ya got a couple nice shooters in there! Definitely a busy log. Isn’t it amazing how visibility drops when summer foliage greens up?
Posted By: rendezvous

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/11/19 10:23 AM

I gotta get a log like that behind my house! grin
Posted By: dublelung

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/11/19 01:44 PM

The one that showed up on 5/12 is a brute. Nice video collection.
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/11/19 06:57 PM

WOW, cool. You wanna sell that log Bernie?

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/11/19 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Trapset
WOW, cool. You wanna sell that log Bernie?

Ha ha I don't think the log would be much good without the location!

Re: Unreal bear video - 07/11/19 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by dublelung
The one that showed up on 5/12 is a brute. Nice video collection.

Yes he is and he's a regular around here for the past few years. The one at 10:45 is also a giant but I only see him during breeding season (he's following a sow in that video clip.)
© 2024 Trapperman Forums