Home

slingbow

Posted By: slidewire

slingbow - 07/06/19 11:12 PM

watched a video on slingbows. looked fun. anybody try them.
Posted By: 1lessdog

Re: slingbow - 07/07/19 01:12 AM

I made one out of my wrist rocket slingshot back in 1972. And shot cedar arrows from Coast to Coast. Slingshot cost 1.95 and arrows were .25 cents each.
Posted By: fossil2

Re: slingbow - 07/07/19 02:14 AM

ive been looking at these for shooting the fishing darts. they look wicked.
Posted By: patrapper1989

Re: slingbow - 07/07/19 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by 1lessdog
I made one out of my wrist rocket slingshot back in 1972. And shot cedar arrows from Coast to Coast. Slingshot cost 1.95 and arrows were .25 cents each.

So has Kim Jong-un
Posted By: VaGreyfox

Re: slingbow - 07/07/19 07:54 PM

I shoot a Chief aj. Good buddy of mine owns and runs the company. I’ve killed deer and some small game with it. Tons of fish including rays up to 50lbs. My buddy who owns the company has killed gators, hogs, buffalo and plenty of other game. Chief aj the original founder even killed a griz in Alaska. Check out the website. https://www.chiefaj.com/ We also have a fb page called two feathers va.
Posted By: gman

Re: slingbow - 07/08/19 02:11 AM

VaGreyfox---is that the same Chief AJ that used to do custom work on guns?
Posted By: The Beav

Re: slingbow - 07/08/19 02:14 AM

If you do a Google search they even show you how to make one. I would bet cross bow bolts would work.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: slingbow - 07/08/19 03:01 AM

Beav-I bet they aren't allowed here in Wisconsin. I still want to get one!

Moosetrot
Posted By: The Beav

Re: slingbow - 07/08/19 03:06 AM

Target practice. Wink Wink
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: slingbow - 07/08/19 03:19 AM

Yep!

Re: slingbow - 07/08/19 03:23 PM

Yes same chief aj. Former exhibition shooter. Used to shoot rugers and Daisy’s.

Re: slingbow - 07/10/19 02:21 AM

Thanks VGF I had him redo a mini 14 close to 30 years ago- still a tackdriver and has killed a pile of deer for my daughter and a few others. Has the Chief AJ logo on the barrel. Still totally happy with it-but I guess it belongs to my daughter now!!!! Watched my grandson kill his first deer with it last fall.....Is the Chief still around?

Re: slingbow - 07/10/19 01:00 PM

Yea chiefs still around. He flew in from Illinois few weeks ago to bowfish with us. He’s been dealing with some health issues but that’s to be expected I guess when your 80+ years old

Re: slingbow - 07/11/19 02:03 AM

Thats good news--if you see him again let him know what I said about the gun he made for me!! Thanks for the info!! gw
Posted By: varmintshooter

Re: slingbow - 07/12/19 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by VaGreyfox
I shoot a Chief aj. Good buddy of mine owns and runs the company. I’ve killed deer and some small game with it. Tons of fish including rays up to 50lbs. My buddy who owns the company has killed gators, hogs, buffalo and plenty of other game. Chief aj the original founder even killed a griz in Alaska. Check out the website. https://www.chiefaj.com/ We also have a fb page called two feathers va.

Tony is a friend of mine also. I have carried him swan hunting and he has killed several swans with that thing. Boat loads of fish and a big bag of big game. He is deadly with the thing. I am not, but getting better.

Re: slingbow - 07/16/19 11:47 AM

The Richmond Virginia outdoor show is coming up 8/9-8/11. Chief aj slingbows will have a booth set up. Y’all can check em out and shoot em.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums