Home

If a guy was looking for put up coons?

Posted By: FOXCATCHER

If a guy was looking for put up coons? - 07/08/19 05:15 PM

Where would be the best place to look? Thinking about tanning some but I didn’t trap coons this year.

Don
Posted By: Boco

Re: If a guy was looking for put up coons? - 07/08/19 05:24 PM

Auction houses must have lots PT.Give them a call.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: If a guy was looking for put up coons? - 07/08/19 05:26 PM

Local furbuyers might have some in storage. Might have to get a dealer license.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: If a guy was looking for put up coons? - 07/08/19 05:29 PM

You would be a lot better off buying local. Buying through the auction house Is going to be costly and probably lots of red tape.

I'll PM you a number for some one that may be able to help.
Posted By: Boco

Re: If a guy was looking for put up coons? - 07/08/19 05:37 PM

Not sure in the states but it is easy here.
Phone call,info exchange,tell them what you need.If you buy enough they will even ship it to the tannery for you from the auction house and you will receive the tanned fur if you wish at your home.
I know one trapper that used to buy a couple of lots of fisher coon at FHA every time he could.The auction house shipped them to the tanner-the tanner shipped them to a hat maker-and the hat maker shipped them back to him and he retailed them.
Posted By: FOXCATCHER

Re: If a guy was looking for put up coons? - 07/08/19 07:21 PM

Plenty of leads. Thanks guys!!!
Posted By: MB Coonguy

Re: If a guy was looking for put up coons? - 07/09/19 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Not sure in the states but it is easy here.
Phone call,info exchange,tell them what you need.If you buy enough they will even ship it to the tannery for you from the auction house and you will receive the tanned fur if you wish at your home.
I know one trapper that used to buy a couple of lots of fisher coon at FHA every time he could.The auction house shipped them to the tanner-the tanner shipped them to a hat maker-and the hat maker shipped them back to him and he retailed them.

FHA is way way better for people to do this-lots are considerably smaller and the graders are fur guys/trappers.I have found you get a serious mixed bag these days at NAFA-will probably remain this way until NAFA gets their graders properly trained.Lots of the older knowledgeable graders from NAFA are gone.Just my opinion of course.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums