Home

Smartphones and credit card readers?

Posted By: Posco

Smartphones and credit card readers? - 07/08/19 06:07 PM

Anyone use them? I do masonry work in a financially depressed area of the country and was thinking this might be a way for people who are putting off needed work can pay instead of forking over cash. Anyone have any experience with them?
Posted By: white17

Re: Smartphones and credit card readers? - 07/08/19 06:12 PM

I've not used it but Square has a good reputation
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Smartphones and credit card readers? - 07/08/19 06:18 PM

My wife used to sell these. Get a new one, not a used one. The tech/support/costs is getting better and better.

Make sure you have a good carrier. You will need good coverage or else it won't go through.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Smartphones and credit card readers? - 07/08/19 06:26 PM

Appreciate the input, guys.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Smartphones and credit card readers? - 07/08/19 07:24 PM

Personally I haven't but know several who use Square my church also uses Square foot their coffee shop
Posted By: Fishhunt223

Re: Smartphones and credit card readers? - 07/08/19 07:26 PM

I use the quickbooks equivalent. It works really well and the equipment is free if you are already using quickbooks.
Posted By: 10bands

Re: Smartphones and credit card readers? - 07/08/19 08:04 PM

Square is pretty much as anti gun as they get

Re: Smartphones and credit card readers? - 07/08/19 08:16 PM

That's true 10Bands !!
Posted By: newtoga

Re: Smartphones and credit card readers? - 07/08/19 08:20 PM

PayPal has one also
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Smartphones and credit card readers? - 07/08/19 08:28 PM

I have a square reader for my tree business and it works great and a lot cheaper than the last I had. Never knee they were antigun. It's a shame because it's been two years and I've been very pleased

Re: Smartphones and credit card readers? - 07/08/19 08:33 PM

PayPal is anti-gun also.
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Smartphones and credit card readers? - 07/08/19 10:52 PM

I use square. I’ve been satisfied with it. Very easy to use. . The reader and app are free.

Hate to hear they’re anti-gun. Are there any comparable devices/services that are pro-gun? When dealing with customers that will not pay with anything but a credit card, options are limited.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Smartphones and credit card readers? - 07/08/19 11:03 PM

I use square. You can even use it to send invoices that the client can pay on their end, I never have to touch their card. You can also store a card on file to charge from my end. Very convenient for all involved.
Posted By: 10bands

Re: Smartphones and credit card readers? - 07/09/19 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Aix sponsa
I use square. I’ve been satisfied with it. Very easy to use. . The reader and app are free.

Hate to hear they’re anti-gun. Are there any comparable devices/services that are pro-gun? When dealing with customers that will not pay with anything but a credit card, options are limited.
yourbluedog.com is a good one. There are others you can find with a quick search.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums