[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
If your in Springfield for the NTA...I highly recommend visiting BPS.
From the indoor beaver pond, the B&C Collection of Big Game, the bow made by Geronimo, Jesse James' pistol, the actual rifles carried by the actors in Lone Survivor and American Sniper.....it has some of the coolest stuff to see..
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 12:38 AM

[Linked Image]

..and the collection of US Military rifles from the Revolutionary War to Vietnam. And so many more...what a great gun collection.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 12:41 AM

Man that is a nice store. The one here has a few mounts and that's it.

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 12:42 AM

We stayed in there for hours.
Posted By: dmac

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 01:06 AM

I'm looking forward to it. I haven't been there in several years so it's going to be a great weekend!! Thanks for sharing!

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 01:32 AM

Being all we seen today was free I'm wondering what we're gonna see tommorrow at the Wonders of Wildlife museum for 45 buck apiece.
Posted By: trapperbless

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 01:34 AM

I was there about 16 years ago. We went to Branson and Springfield on a family vacation. I plan to spend a couple hours there Friday night after the convention
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 01:42 AM

Used to be a restaurant upstairs called "Hemingway's Blue Water Cafe" I believe....Killer ribeye steak.
Posted By: K-zoo

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 02:02 AM

Very nice. I was there 25-30 years ago. Would like to go back.
Posted By: Preacherman Les

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Being all we seen today was free I'm wondering what we're gonna see tommorrow at the Wonders of Wildlife museum for 45 buck apiece.

Allow yourself plenty of time. Also see if there is a groupon coupon available.

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Preacherman Les

Allow yourself plenty of time. Also see if there is a groupon coupon available.

Got all day tommorrow for the museum. Bought tickets online yesterday...saved 6 bucks..lol

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
Used to be a restaurant upstairs called "Hemingway's Blue Water Cafe" I believe....Killer ribeye steak.

[Linked Image]
We ate there today. I had a grilled red fish sammich. Outstanding! Son had shrimp scampi.
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 03:09 AM

Wish I had that pistol of Jesse James'.....
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter

[Linked Image]
We ate there today. I had a grilled red fish sammich. Outstanding! Son had shrimp scampi.

Lol, Excellent!

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 03:21 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 06:47 AM

That looks like an awesome place to visit. Is it right in their retail store, so no charge to get in?

Other than the beaver pond, anything else fur or trapping related?

Thanks for posting the pictures. smile
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 10:41 AM

I've been there probably 20 times. They must have remodeled. It was always neat but it looks like they went over the top in the last 15 years or so. I'll have to get back out there. Branson aint far South of there and the fishing there is excellent.
Posted By: Kart29

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 11:31 AM

The aquarium attached to the store is outstanding!
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 11:43 AM

last time I went was about 3 years ago. it was my daughters birthday. She collects precious moments figurines so I took her to carthage to the chapel. Afterwards we drove to Bass pro in Springfield. I bought some real nice stainless steel arrowheads for crossbow bolts. Went there the first time on my honeymoon. New bride and me were headed to Branson. Rented a room in Springfield and got an early start blush That was the only bass pro store there was. It was still privately owned and a mail order catalog business. Bought an Abu Garcia 7000 that has pulled in a LOT of spoon bill and flat heads.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 02:03 PM

Been there. Great store, but do they sell traps?

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
That looks like an awesome place to visit. Is it right in their retail store, so no charge to get in?

Other than the beaver pond, anything else fur or trapping related?

Thanks for posting the pictures. smile

Yes..all that is in the retail store...free admissiin.
There are tanned pelts and old traps hanging here and there.

There are Duke traps and Hawbaker Lures for sale....not a good selection and they're way overpriced as always in retail stores.

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Fisherman
Been there. Great store, but do they sell traps?

Then you probably already know that us trappers ain't their target customers. But you can buy a Duke and Hawbaker lure there.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 02:56 PM

Was there in 2015. We only had a couple hours as our VVA group was heading to Branson for Nam vet reunion. A lot to see for sure. Wow I guess the mark up on plastic worms is pretty good to be able to put those displays together.

Bryce

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 03:29 PM

We bought nothing while there...too overpriced, but did go next door to their Catalog Outlet and found a $54 picatinny camera mount that will fit on my bow stabilizer...for $9.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 03:35 PM

We used to go to Branson every year and always stopped at this Bass Pro. It's been about 10 years since our last trip. It seemed like every year they added something. You could spend an entire day just looking. My wife even enjoyed the stop. Great food too!

Re: Bass Pro Shop in Springfield - 07/10/19 11:53 PM

Wonder of Wildlife was worth the admission. Took about 5 hours to go thru it today, but we watched several of the theater videos and stopped for a soda at the snack bar. Didnt take any pics of it but there is a pictorial display of the Lewis and Clark expedition that is awesome. It's on loan and will only be there another year. Super aquarium.

My favorite was the whitetail buck exhibit. Replicas of many of the largest whitetail bucks known.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums