Home

Temp agencies for jobs.

Posted By: coonman220

Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/10/19 11:17 PM

Anyone ever work for these jerks? They take over everything, I had good job an went out bussiness. Been at express employment a year an half at job, 5 min. Away home, all good got to say is distance, mistake in paycheck k again, an if I want pay Friday. They tell me accept it as if look into it, no check Friday an don't know when, only half hour mistake but this happen lot, I check on hrs, if no pay for over week late or big mistake an tell me again, to accept or else. I quit, file unemployment an find another job immediately, , I have bum knee an another pt nite job that wanna keep an this limits me, I find those places to be very mean ppl
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/10/19 11:28 PM

No I’ve never worked at a temp agency. Sounds like you need to find a place that isn’t a temp agency if that is the experience you’ve been having. I wish you good luck in your future endeavors.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/10/19 11:39 PM

Have you ever thought about becoming a novelist
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/10/19 11:41 PM

I tried Temps several times when out of work as a MACHINIST, they sent me to any and crap jobs that called them, all min wage ie: Climbing up and down a ladder to dump ground plastic into a hopper 'cause the feeder was broke and maintenance couldn't make it work, unloading a truck load of fiberglass insulation. A couple of young gal's trying to get along, but,......

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/10/19 11:45 PM

It burns me up , that got be at meeting every morning an punch in 5 min early, an work till buzzer go off an then paperwork on parts of different sorts or counts of parts, in factory job, I never see it on my check , the morning meetings are sometimes not fun
Posted By: larrywaugh

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 01:29 AM

I had a company that wanted me to work on a project for 2 weeks. They had me go through a temp agency. I will never do that again.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 01:49 AM

Join the labourers union,and get on the list.They put a stop to that Bullsh-- real quick.And you always get called when there is work.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 01:50 AM

It's not going to get any better. Time to move on.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Join the labourers union,and get on the list.They put a stop to that Bullsh-- real quick.And you always get called when there is work.

Boco, this is the US, Iowa is a right to work state, there are union jobs but not as many as you'd think.

Also coonman is getting up there in years, the ship has sailed on starting out as a laborer.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 01:56 AM

Too bad for him I guess.
I thought that was what he did.(labour).
If he is a tradesman he should be in a trade union.I was BMWE/TCRC all my working life.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: corky

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Savell

laugh
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 02:05 AM

I know several persons who have gone through temp agencies in our area. For the most part they were satisfied as many companies choose to use the temp services to provide the workers and then they can evaluate those they want to hire full time and be on their payroll. Done right it can be a win-win, done wrong it can be a nightmare. Temp services can work as a filtering system for many firms in helping them get work done and finding future staff.

Bryce
Posted By: cci

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

Boco, this is the US, Iowa is a right to work state, there are union jobs but not as many as you'd think.

Also coonman is getting up there in years, the ship has sailed on starting out as a laborer.

Some of the law names are decieving. Right to work law means the employer can fire you for just about any reason. Maybe he doesnt like your haircut or that you trap.
Posted By: niteprowler

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 02:12 AM

Alot of the temp jobs here in this area are crappy and lower pay.I have worked for a couple in between permanet jobs.One of the better paying jobs I ever had was temp and not too bad of a job.But it only lasted like 5 or 6 weeks.It was construction in a brand new hosputal being built.That particular job was big on safety which impressed me

Around here the deal with them is usually if you dont like a job they send you to they ask you to at least finish your shift for that day or nigjt.And let them know you dont like it and they will find you something else.And when you go inlet them know what you are experienced in and especiallt what you like and dislike.So they can tey to match you up better.They are usually not the best jobs for sure.But sometimes its a foot the door and once in if you see something you like and just have good attendance and stick it out long enuff to move into a permanet job within the place they send you to.And then sometimes the placea they send you to you will be happy to have that temp option where you decide to make it temp.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 02:14 AM

That is so true cci. I have come to learn that a right to work state really means a right to fire for any reason.They sure did name that one wrong big time !
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by niteprowler
That is so true cci. I have come to learn that a right to work state really means a right to fire for any reason.They sure did name that one wrong big time !

Does it also require an employer to keep on a slug doing inferior work, because of the union?
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 02:24 AM

Unions are just extortionists

Sure, they will protect you and all your shortcomings ............no pride in that

Why not make yourself more valuable ? ...........more statisfaction in that

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 02:30 AM

The term right to work is correctly named.

The “right to work” idea is a principle that affirms that every American has the right to work without being forced to join a labor union.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 02:30 AM

Mostly just bigger cities in Iowa have unions , there mostly not that strong in Iowa. Probly alot not hiring, high cost labor, lot cheaper low pay stuff around, u well find very few jobs starting more than $14, not many at that, lot $10-$12, some $13 hr jobs around. I used make almost $17 hr for at least 15 years at that much
Posted By: K52

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 02:39 AM

If you want to better yourself quit dinking around with these temp services jobs, it's time to find real employment with some benefits. You always bring up your old job, forget about it, that ship has sailed and life changes and goes on. You say you have a part time night job and you want to keep it. I've got a suggestion, check with the school districts in your area, I'll guarantee they need drivers and will train you and help you get a CDL. And not all routes are the big buses, the districts all have cars and carryalls and the short buses that need drivers and these don't require a CDL. Some people here drive the 2 routes with the big buses everyday plus fill in with the smaller runs in the day and make a good living with benefits. The jobs are there for the taking,my son is a transportation director for our local district and they always need help.

I've seen you refer to retiring in a few years, you need to make better wages now so your Social Security benefits are higher. Every day you wait it's hurting your retirement.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 02:56 AM

I've seen you refer to retiring in a few years, you need to make better wages now so your Social Security benefits are higher. Every day you wait it's hurting your retirement.

Pretty late in the game for coonman to raise what he's going to get in SS benefits when he retires. Sort of like raising your school GPA the last year or even semester.

A school system job is a good suggestion or working for a hospital. They might not be the most fun jobs but they're generally steady and don't play games with their people that much. Coonman, have you been asking for your annual reports from the Social Security Admin...? Do you know, with what you've currently made over the years, what you're going to be getting a month? If you haven't, you may need to check out my suggestion of catching bait fish during the warm months for a supplemental revenue stream....

P.S. Check out running auto parts around if your town is big enough to have a parts house that delivers to car repair places. Sounds way better than dealing with the temp agencies.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 02:59 AM

I used a temp agency twice. Both times they placed me at terrific jobs which I was hired on and stayed for quite sometime.
Posted By: DGorman

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 03:15 AM

I was thinking you already had your cdl. If so you should be able to find a dump truck to drive. It seems about everybody is looking for drivers. I believe my company starts around 16 or 17 bucks to drive a truck on a rock crushing crew..You'd probably get at least 15 hours of overtime every week as well. It would probably put a damper on your trapping as you wouldn't get laid off until Christmas and you'd likely have to drive to various sites which can make for long days. I guess you have to decide how tired you are of dealing with temp agencies and either do something else or don't.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 03:20 AM

You can raise your social security by making more than any one of the lowest years in the last highest 35 years. If you make more than your lowest year they drop your lowest year and add the new year. Its possible to raise your social security even after you start drawing. Problem is if you make too much you might have to pay some ss back. If a person has some real low years in the highest 35 years, say farmer has bad year, then make more than that low year and raise your index. I know a guy that raised his $8 a month.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 03:29 AM

Ease up on the coonman, Savell. If he gets better at typing on his android, and starts using grammar, it will take away all of my new hobby. Interpreting "The Coonman."
Believe it or not, I am beginning to understand what he is typing as though I have just learned a foreign language.
BTW, I am nor hacking on coonman. He is one of us. As far as I can tell. (OK, I just hacked on him. Sorry brother smile ).
Posted By: TDHP

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 11:43 AM

I believe that is depending on where you are. Out this way I've seen guys sit on the bench for months when crews with openings that rather work short handed than bring on help. The foremen who run the crews in the majority of the trades are given lots of power to hire and fire. The union steward can get you there but ultimately they will find clever ways to get you to go back to the hall. Folks who complained about everything and had an excuse etc were the ones always riding pine.
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 12:10 PM

I'm really glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by TDHP

I believe that is depending on where you are. Out this way I've seen guys sit on the bench for months when crews with openings that rather work short handed than bring on help. The foremen who run the crews in the majority of the trades are given lots of power to hire and fire. The union steward can get you there but ultimately they will find clever ways to get you to go back to the hall. Folks who complained about everything and had an excuse etc were the ones always riding pine.

Sounds like a good balance. Just because you're in a union shouldn't give you a pass to slack off. I knowvthe vast majority of guys that belong to a union are very hard workers but there's always a few bad apples that abuse it and give them a bad reputation.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 12:40 PM

you should be in a union.not a knock on you,just an observation.
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 12:58 PM

Those Temp agencies make mistakes on the other end too. I have hired probably 2 dozen people from them. They say they check every one and then give three ''candidates'' for the jobs. Not true. They always want paid before the person working has finished the job so they can get that person their money- then they don't pay them for a week.

Our unions suck. They are full of a bunch of idiots who are on drugs and drink all day. I was the 4th generation in our Glaziers Union. We would call the hall for help and the last time they sent me a guy who had just gotten back to work after open heart surgery, a legally blind guy, a guy with now driver's license. The blind guy and the guy with no license rode together with the blind guy driving and the other guy telling him where to turn. All three of these guys showed up for a job. None of them could do the job but the union made me take them or '' hire three new apprentices'' I told them I didn't need them and we worked double shifts. unions are supposed to be the most highly trained pros in the trade. Not! One of our BA's got busted for trying to sell cocaine to another guy while they were in an elevator heading up to the union meeting. I sent in my withdrawal papers and have never been happier. Everyone here is on their own- there is no training for union members. It' all about paying off people and doing favors so you get called first. Our unions are where all the BS comes from. Ours is importing illegal aliens from mexico to man painting and glazing jobs. Obama, Rom Emanuel, Valerie Jarret all are in on it - head quartered in Chicago... been doing it for years to make money off the Mexicans. They even rent them apartments and sell them social Security cards and driver's licenses then they laugh about doing and threaten the membership when someone asks about it.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 01:05 PM

You can raise your social security by making more than any one of the lowest years in the last highest 35 years. If you make more than your lowest year they drop your lowest year and add the new year. Its possible to raise your social security even after you start drawing. Problem is if you make too much you might have to pay some ss back. If a person has some real low years in the highest 35 years, say farmer has bad year, then make more than that low year and raise your index. I know a guy that raised his $8 a month.

I stand corrected but hopefully by following what you said, the average person raised it more than $8 a month. I guess that is 2 1/2 of my breakfast burritos at Taco John's when I buy them on Wednesdays...

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 01:47 PM

You can go to the SS site and use the formulas to see how much you can raise your SS stipend by raising income in your later earning years. It may not be worth the cost in extra taxes if you are self employed.
I did the formula for many of the small dairy farmers I worked with who had low incomes most of their lives and when they started getting their earning and estimated SS payments they wanted to know how they could raise that.

They could do that by adjusting income and expenses and or depreciation etc. I showed them several examples of raising net income by say 20 K per year or 10 K per year and do that for 10 years and how much that would raise their monthly when they retired. In their case being self employed the increased federal, state and SS taxes were far more than what they would net in 20 years of retirement. The calculation would be different by 7.5 % for those working for a wage, but still not a real productive way to increase monthly income.

The best way for these small businesses to get more SS was to employ their spouse and pay a small but decent wage and that way there were two incomes both that were getting the benefit of the higher percentage that created the stipend with the lower bend points.
Another thing that SS goes way back to adjust early earning income for inflation etc. so early income helps more than many feel it does even if it were not so high. This is especially true over the last 20-30 years were working wage stagnation has taken place.

Bryce
Posted By: tbn

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 02:58 PM

Coonman, doesn't look like life has been fair to you. The world is out there, go get it. You are in the drivers seat about the choices you make in life.
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 02:58 PM

Same story different year for you coonman….If you put as much effort into finding a job as you do complaining about your factory jobs on here you'd likely not be in your situation. How's your truck running? There's jobs everywhere right now where I am. They can't find anyone to work and I emphasize work. If you've got to pay the bills sometimes you just suck it up and do it. When I put up tents every summer for the five years I was in college to pay my rent for the year in two months we'd often have temp agency help. Couldn't get them to work hard enough to justify their pay and half the time they never showed up after the first check.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 03:12 PM

Never used a temp agency, but Unions are nothing more than a BIG money making Corporation. Finally realized that about 10 years ago and got out of ours that has done nothing positive ever since I’ve been with the company. Too many “good ole boys” that look out for themselves. They are just like a company, throw the members a few crumbs every now and then. The union President is in my workgroup and uses that “union time” every Holiday he didn’t get to pick for vacation. Sorta hard to believe the union has that much going on during the holidays, lol. Best money I ever saved was Union Dues. Oh yeah, this is contract year and everyone is talking strike!! They can go ahead and walk for that $100 a week they get from their union if they want too. And that’s something else, when I was in we couldn’t find a soul that ever voted YES to the contract, but yet it always passed. And they would never give up what districts voted for it. The bigwigs keep getting richer from the members...
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by WadeRyan
Same story different year for you coonman….If you put as much effort into finding a job as you do complaining about your factory jobs on here you'd likely not be in your situation. How's your truck running? There's jobs everywhere right now where I am. They can't find anyone to work and I emphasize work. If you've got to pay the bills sometimes you just suck it up and do it. When I put up tents every summer for the five years I was in college to pay my rent for the year in two months we'd often have temp agency help. Couldn't get them to work hard enough to justify their pay and half the time they never showed up after the first check.

To add to this, there are online courses to better one's education in presenting themselves in such a way as to gain from resumes and in person for employer's attention. All a big help in attaining employment that pays better , with better benefits, etc.

The nice thing about online education courses , they can be accessed on off work time at one's convenience.

Posted By: BigBlackBirds

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Larry Baer
Those Temp agencies make mistakes on the other end too. I have hired probably 2 dozen people from them. They say they check every one and then give three ''candidates'' for the jobs. Not true. They always want paid before the person working has finished the job so they can get that person their money- then they don't pay them for a week.

Our unions suck. They are full of a bunch of idiots who are on drugs and drink all day. I was the 4th generation in our Glaziers Union. We would call the hall for help and the last time they sent me a guy who had just gotten back to work after open heart surgery, a legally blind guy, a guy with now driver's license. The blind guy and the guy with no license rode together with the blind guy driving and the other guy telling him where to turn. All three of these guys showed up for a job. None of them could do the job but the union made me take them or '' hire three new apprentices'' I told them I didn't need them and we worked double shifts. unions are supposed to be the most highly trained pros in the trade. Not! One of our BA's got busted for trying to sell cocaine to another guy while they were in an elevator heading up to the union meeting. I sent in my withdrawal papers and have never been happier. Everyone here is on their own- there is no training for union members. It' all about paying off people and doing favors so you get called first. Our unions are where all the BS comes from. Ours is importing illegal aliens from mexico to man painting and glazing jobs. Obama, Rom Emanuel, Valerie Jarret all are in on it - head quartered in Chicago... been doing it for years to make money off the Mexicans. They even rent them apartments and sell them social Security cards and driver's licenses then they laugh about doing and threaten the membership when someone asks about it.

Illinois/Chicago unions are some of the most corrupt in the country with no shortage of ties to questionable things. I dealt with a business agent out of Chicago that represented staff in a number of facilities we operated in the general appalachian mountain region whose primary job was to actually make sure his union members grew a large enough "crop" each year so that their private planes could land on the local air strip and make hauls back into Chicago. At one point we were involved with them when they attempted a union organizing effort and another time during a strike. More than interesting to see the background reports on the business agents that the security folks could dig up. It isnt just a rumor that some unions particularly in some locales are directly tied to organized crime.

Coonman---I think you should take some of the other advice offered and make an effort to find some different employment options. Over the years, I have been involved with using probably 10k plus temp workers in different manufacturing facilities all around the country. As stated by others, it's common practice to hire a percentage of the temps into full positions in certain situations. How many are hired could vary alot based on a bunch of factors BUT if you haven't been hired after years of working thru one or more temp agencies for a few companies my gut says the odds are that it isn't going to ever happen for you. Temp agencies can provide a decent service to link up supply of workers with demand by business but I sure wouldnt say its a good long term proposition. The world of manufacturing has drastically changed and is the reason i no longer work in that field. Not going to do you any good to look back at what you had or remember from the old days as that world isn't coming back. That $17/hr job you had as semi skilled manufacturing labor can be accomplished for $5/hr someplace else. If you have that CDL, there are about a million jobs waiting for someone to take them
Posted By: hippie

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 04:07 PM

Do you live in a city Coonman?

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob

The “right to work” idea is a principle that affirms that every American has the right to work without being forced to join a labor union.

This is the intent of right to work laws. Weakening labor unions.

Coonman, this is about the best economy we have been in. There are a million jobs out there unfilled, you have to make an effort to go out there and find one that will fit you. Stop making excuses, the previous job you had wasn't all that great, you should have been able to fill that void by now.
Posted By: run

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 04:46 PM

From my limited understanding the rip roaring economy is mostly in the cities. So if you are a country bumpkin, you may not benefit much from the economic recovery. I hope coonman can get a good job soon.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 05:41 PM

So if you are a country bumpkin, you may not benefit much from the economic recovery

If an individual wants to better themselves to do x, y and z they may need to make sacrifices until they are in a better place. Or those individuals will continue to complain about the same problems and have the same issues. I've worked with folks from other countries and states who put their life on hold to make that money and provide a better living for their families. Folks living in hotels, sleeping in their car until their first paycheck or rooming together. 2019 crazy times, you need to be a go gettah instead of sitting on an internet forum complaining about how bad temp jobs are while the other folks who are working them jobs are making their $. There are jobs out there for folks who are dealing with injuries, may be a little harder to get but sitting and complaining about them isn't the answer. jmo,imho

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 06:02 PM

You're probably right, TDHP. I still like coonman's threads.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 08:35 PM

I don't believe it's about being right, I think it's more about doing what is necessary if the individual is in a bad spot. If it's broke, fix it.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 08:57 PM

insanity--doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Posted By: Broomchaser

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/11/19 11:56 PM

How do you guys even follow what he is typing?

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/12/19 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Broomchaser

We guess mostly.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/12/19 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by run
From my limited understanding the rip roaring economy is mostly in the cities. So if you are a country bumpkin, you may not benefit much from the economic recovery. I hope coonman can get a good job soon.

Iowa has had the lowest unemployment rate in the country recently. No big cities here and "help wanted" signs everywhere. Good luck, coonman-there has got to be something out there for you.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/12/19 03:51 AM

Iowa has nearlly 2/rds of its population living in urban areas. ( check the quick facts link below). Sure there are help wanted adds everywhere but from 2000 on over 700 of Iowa's small rural communities have lost population while IA gained 4.1% The rural counties are losing population. IA is not the only rural or ag based state with the migration from rural to urban as that is where the job growth is and that is where the younger working age people are and are moving too.

Bryce

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/12/19 03:51 AM

Iowa has nearlly 2/rds of its population living in urban areas. ( check the quick facts link below). Sure there are help wanted adds everywhere but from 2000 on over 700 of Iowa's small rural communities have lost population while IA gained 4.1% The rural counties are losing population. IA is not the only rural or ag based state with the migration from rural to urban as that is where the job growth is and that is where the younger working age people are and are moving too.

https://www.iowadatacenter.org/quickfacts
Bryce

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/12/19 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by run

I suppose it varies from region to region, but I don't think there is a place in MN that doesn't have employers that are hard up for decent help at the moment. If not a man can travel. It's been 20 years since I've worked within 3 hours of home. One does what one has to do.

Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/13/19 07:54 PM

Having worked with temp placement companies for several years with a cheap employer using 3 different ones,

I'm not impressed with the caliber of individuals they send to work, if you are using one you might wish to check your credibility at the door when going to a job site.

My experience with them proves to me that the people are lazy, uneducated, have no ambition to work and simply wish to spend the least amount of effort for the greatest amount of return, sadly some are worth giving a second chance, but when done so they fall back into the same hole.

Age has nothing to do with using a temp agency from what I have seen, young or old are of the same mold, these people just cannot hold a job for a myriad of reason's.

I am sorry you have to resort to using a temp agency for finding work, I hope you can find other employment some how without more trouble on your work record by using temp placement's for a employee record of work !
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/13/19 08:25 PM

Kudos to Coonman220 for at least staying employed. There are unfortunately many more people in our country, who just take government handouts, like welfare, when they could be out earning their own keep. Not everybody has the same abilities or talents. I respect people who do the best they can, with what they were dealt in life, to take care of themselves. I have no respect for those who just choose to be a public burden.

Keith

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/14/19 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
Kudos to Coonman220 for at least staying employed. There are unfortunately many more people in our country, who just take government handouts, like welfare, when they could be out earning their own keep. Not everybody has the same abilities or talents. I respect people who do the best they can, with what they were dealt in life, to take care of themselves. I have no respect for those who just choose to be a public burden.

Keith

I work factory 29 years an they went out bussiness, was on unemployment an had pt job when they closed up, u can collect unemployment an have pt job, the unemployment check alone. Was like $75 plus more week , then make now at 2 pt jobs, they were supposed reopen, an didn't have make work search contacts for long time, that change. Unemployment run out, lot places or factory's, temp agencies do all there hiring, from what I see. The temps are made do lot more work an tooken unfair advantage of , compared to full time help , at least my case. I had interview thurs at another temp agency , about a 3rd pt job, not many more hrs, they hire temps at factories. Because chesp labor, the lady at temp place other day, was ask about my limp, I told her I had flare-up , was work African American at my press operater morning job, an as usual, I got stuck with hard job, an the way I put parts in out press. Really aggravated my knee problem, this african American was full time, had easy job an just screw around lot, hung out bathroom, have notice how they never seem to carry pens for paperwork, an bum mine, this ridiculous, I think they use them to poke there crack pipes at nite an don't have pen for work
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/14/19 09:55 PM

Yikes!
I got nothing else.
Just Yikes!
I warned Savell not to encourage this guy to work on improving his use of his android and grammar so that we could understand him better.
Posted By: BigBlackBirds

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/14/19 10:54 PM

i swear this is someone that just enjoys messing with us
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/14/19 11:12 PM

Yeah, a lot of us that occasionally work for temp agencies are not the typical submissive permanent employment material.

I've been self employed for most of my life. Why? Because, I'm not willing to take a bunch of crap from some moron that thinks he is better than me because he has endured the same crap from his employer for year after year.

Occasionally, when I have time to spare, I'm happy to jump in on a project for a limited period of time. When I do, I expect top dollar as a wage, because I am already taking care of myself for everything that might be considered a benefit. Obviously, benefits of any sort are non-existent or, at least extremely rare for temp jobs.

So, Gritguy, if we ever meet up, just enjoy short term dedication, attention to detail, and technical expertise, and don't expect to get your butt kissed.
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/14/19 11:40 PM

T-Rex, I never expect anything but what I'm told from a person except what they tell me they can deliver, hence my reply to this thread.

Only experience with temp agencies can give you this, not all people are like this however most of them I have had the sad experience of dealing with from Temp agencies qualify for that statement !

I have also learned that those with the most reasons for being in temp agencies are usually the first to go, the second are those who tell you they can do anything because they are self supporting from all kinds of work they still cannot do !
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/15/19 12:22 AM

the company i used to work for used temp agencies and did outside hiring -- probably 50% of the temps we brought in were eventually hired full time. thats what we were looking for -- I don't know how many of you have been involved in hiring for a company, but i can tell you that the quality of the applicants that are applying for a position will amaze you. Anything from phd to rehab and jail for a general trainable position. the good thiong with the temp agency is that if it is not working you can say "send me someone else tomorrow" the bad thing is that you know the temps are getting paid less than what you would consider that position to be worth.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/16/19 08:05 PM

Usally have hrs in for week bfore at temp place today, say try back tomma, if big mistake an wont help, it time csll Iowa works. Ppl got gyped an screwd by temp agencies bfore an complain an gotten unemployment, I got have money for bills. I can't believe this bs. Order license plate renewal stickers at $144.50 a n never got, lost inail ?
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/16/19 08:19 PM

crazy

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/16/19 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Usally have hrs in for week bfore at temp place today, say try back tomma, if big mistake an wont help, it time csll Iowa works. Ppl got gyped an screwd by temp agencies bfore an complain an gotten unemployment, I got have money for bills. I can't believe this bs. Order license plate renewal stickers at $144.50 a n never got, lost inail ?

There's a good possibility the envelope was misaddressed. Have your bank cancel the check. There will be a fee. Pay the bill in person.

Keith

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/16/19 08:58 PM

There's a good possibility the envelope was misaddressed. Have your bank cancel the check. There will be a fee. Pay the bill in person.

Keith

Sound advice
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/16/19 09:25 PM

There's a good possibility the envelope was misaddressed. Keith

which envelope?

whistle

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/16/19 10:12 PM

It was a electronic transactions online with my debit card. Not my problem if the jerks can't get it out mail or loose it, if dont come in few days, I guess have go clear down courthouse. A waste gas in person an hassale of going though law enforcement checkpoint an metsl detecter to courthouse, an watch the jerks place additional fee , because someone got lazy or screwd up
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/16/19 11:02 PM

Reading this exact same post every few months for the past 5+ years has helped.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/16/19 11:35 PM

It was a electronic transactions online with my debit card. Not my problem if the jerks can't get it out mail or loose it, if dont come in few days, I guess have go clear down courthouse. A waste gas in person an hassale of going though law enforcement checkpoint an metsl detecter to courthouse, an watch the jerks place additional fee , because someone got lazy or screwd up

It is your problem if you don't receive your license plate renewal stickers. You are the one that may be pulled over and cited for driving with expired plates.

When you pay a bill online, you typically are given a confirmation code to write down and or a confirmation email recognizing your payment. If you did not get those, it's likely your payment was not received.

If you check your account that the debit card is linked to, you can see if the money was taken out of your account.

If the money was taken out and a reasonable amount of time has passed, since you made the payment, it's likely you mistyped your personal information.

Keith

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/16/19 11:38 PM

It is your problem if you don't receive your license plate renewal stickers. You are the one that may be pulled over and cited for driving with expired plates.

When you pay a bill online, you typically are given a confirmation code to write down and or a confirmation email recognizing your payment. If you did not get those, it's likely your payment was not received.

If you check your account that the debit card is linked to, you can see if the money was taken out of your account.

If the money was taken out and a reasonable amount of time has passed, since you made the payment, it's likely you mistyped your personal information.

Keith

Most likely explanation. But, I’m sure it was some “jerk” who had nothing better to do than mess with coonman that day.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/16/19 11:40 PM

I have a Confo code. The money was gone immediately, the address. Everthing correct , I don't make mistakes like some the proffesional know it alls,,at there jobs do all the time

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/16/19 11:43 PM

Then they should resend the tags again without charging you. I know that is what they do here. Your mileage may vary.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/16/19 11:51 PM

Probably some African American using the pen to clean there crack pipe instead of writing the correct info
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/16/19 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by RM trapper
Probably some African American using the pen to clean there crack pipe instead of writing the correct info

laugh

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/16/19 11:56 PM

Did they have a wad in their pocket or maybe carrying a gun also?

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/17/19 12:27 AM

Ha!

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/17/19 01:52 AM

Incarceration might be a decent option........
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/17/19 01:59 AM

I don't make mistakes like some the proffesional know it alls,,at there jobs do all the time

you haven't typed anything correctly here.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/17/19 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by white marlin
I don't make mistakes like some the proffesional know it alls,,at there jobs do all the time

you haven't typed anything correctly here.

whistle
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/17/19 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Reading this exact same post every few months for the past 5+ years has helped.

You are killing me, I just blew soda all over my computer, lol.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/17/19 01:19 PM

I wouldn't say that.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/17/19 01:44 PM

I used to think everyone was out to rip me off but I now I look for the little bright spots in my day. I think it's an attitude thing. If I choose to be thankful and try to enjoy each day as it comes life seems to flow better.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/17/19 01:57 PM

I have a Confo code. The money was gone immediately, the address. Everthing correct , I don't make mistakes like some the proffesional know it alls,,at there jobs do all the time

A professional would have, at an early age, saved 10 percent of their pay each week and wouldn't be in your position.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/17/19 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by run
I used to think everyone was out to rip me off but I now I look for the little bright spots in my day. I think it's an attitude thing. If I choose to be thankful and try to enjoy each day as it comes life seems to flow better.

+1

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/17/19 03:13 PM

Apply for some gov't assistance coonman.
Your tax money supports these programs to help people like yourself when you need it.
Posted By: muskrat411

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 07/17/19 04:16 PM

At $12.00 / hour you almost better off trapping coon. Takes you what 5 hours of work to be able to feed yourself and a small family.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 12/05/20 09:30 PM

"Originally Posted by The Bossman"

Does it also require an employer to keep on a slug doing inferior work, because of the union?[/quote]

The answer to that I beleive is No.

I beleive any company whether they have a union or not can fire an employee very easily in a right to work state now days.I do agree that a slug that does inferior work should be fired after a couple write ups if that employee does not improve.

But I have also seen people fired because of just preferential treatment and several other extremely weak reasons.So is it ok for a company or their management to fire for unjust and lame reasons ?

As a little side note I am not in a union or belong to a union. But I have noticed that alot of the best paying jobs with the best benefits are with companies that have unions.And I have seen a HUGE amount of jealousy towards those employees and those companies.

Also I realize there has been just a little delay on this reply lol
Posted By: rex123

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 12/05/20 10:22 PM

I have seen it happen a lazy worker will keep his or her job because the union will fight for them every step of the way.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 12/05/20 10:48 PM

Lazy workers werent protected on the railroad by the union from the rest of the gang of men.Lazy workers were dealt with on the spot.
Some got their wish and went off on short term disability.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 12/05/20 11:20 PM

That's right Boco just deal with em on the spot and beat the crap out of them and send them off on disability lmao ! That is the way to do it ! What a hoot !

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 12/05/20 11:23 PM

Apply for some gov't assistance coonman.
Your tax money supports these programs to help people like yourself when you need it.

crazy crazy crazy

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 12/05/20 11:26 PM

Interesting .......

Sarcasm ?

Maybe I'm in the twilight zone
Posted By: dustytinner

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 12/05/20 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob

Your not forced to join the Union. If you dont want to work there dont apply! Go down the street and complain about doing the same job for less.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 12/05/20 11:53 PM

Does it also require an employer to keep on a slug doing inferior work, because of the union?[/quote]

In a trade union if you aren't worth a darn you have a tendency to not work. So protected. Um no

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 12/06/20 12:12 AM

Speaking of coonman220, anybody heard from him...? I haven't seen him posting anything for a while. Its was sort of funny earlier, ""coonman is skinning through a pile of coon"), but I wonder if he's got sick. I hope he's just putting up $5 coon...

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 12/06/20 01:06 AM

Exactly dustytinner ! Very well said !
Posted By: rex123

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 12/06/20 01:31 AM

Union people should be happy your guy won the election. Course he will try to take your guns away.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 12/06/20 03:03 AM

This has nothing to do with who you voted for.
Posted By: Nelly

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 12/06/20 03:25 AM

I found my current job through a temp agency.
They matched my qualifications and work history with a company that was looking for what I have to offer.
I am now making very close to what I was making after 30 years with my old company with less responsibility and more potential for advancement.
I can't knock them.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 12/06/20 03:44 AM

It burns me up , that got be at meeting every morning an punch in 5 min early, an work till buzzer go off an then paperwork on parts of different sorts or counts of parts, in factory job, I never see it on my check , the morning meetings are sometimes not fun

That's sad,sometimes my job wasn't FUN either.Life just aint fair !!
Posted By: Nelly

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 12/06/20 03:55 AM

Define "fun" .
Knowing that I have accomplished something makes me feel good.
I could never do an office job.
I like to be able to point at something and say "I did that " or "I made that " , then I can go home from work and feel like I didn't waste my time.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 12/06/20 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by dustytinner

In a trade union if you aren't worth a darn you have a tendency to not work. So protected. Um no

Um YES.
I witnessed this slug protection an a member of IBEW/CWA working for AT&T. It disgusted me so much I got out after 7 years.
I still received same pay and benefits cept they could issue us mandatory overtime whereas they couldn’t do that to union members. But since that only happened the last quarter of the year it was fine since we all wanted xtra money for Christmas.
And since they no longer deducted my dues, got a lil raise.
Out of 700 folks at the plant 95% were union.
2 yrs later Clinton signed NAFTA and our jobs went to Mexico and Spain and Honduras and they shuttered the plant.

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 12/06/20 03:46 PM

I think you can find that in all work places where slugs are protected whether you think it's the union and I think it's their buddy. In construction they get washed out quick. So how is it alright that you receive the same pay and benefits that the union employee pays for? Any different than a slug?
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Temp agencies for jobs. - 12/06/20 05:01 PM

Work for a union company but got out and never regretted it. The union is as corrupt as the company so why would I pay someone to treat me that way? I’ll keep my union dues money and skip the Chick-Fil-A sandwich the first Tuesday of every month, lol. Besides I need that extra money to pay for everything they give up come contract time. CWA is a joke. And yeah, they fight tooth and nail for a slug...as long as you kiss their butts.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums