Home

Any news from the NTA.

Posted By: wissmiss

Any news from the NTA. - 07/11/19 06:14 PM

Convention has been officially open for 5 hours. Thought for sure some one would have posted something by now. smile

I'm sure Paul will chime in this evening, once the dealer building closes. Right now he is probably busy talking and selling and sharing skeeter pee.

Hope everyone has fun!!
Posted By: K52

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/11/19 08:32 PM

A cold front came though yesterday and really cooled things down in this part of the country. Mid 80's today and humidity is in the 50's today which is not normal for July, today will be the best temps for the tailgaters. I'll be there tomorrow with a couple of friends.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/11/19 08:51 PM

Jeff Dunlap did a few live videos on his walkarounds, looks like Harris has there coyote sized trap out?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/11/19 09:34 PM

Nice weather. Think it was cooler this afternoon up here than it was when I left the house this morning. First NTA national I've been too so can't compare turn out to past conventions. Wife tried the Skeeter Pee and I got to meet one of those good ol' boys from Alabama. Didn't stay long because we got up here late and my wife and daughter were ready to go get supper. Will spend the whole day there tomorrow and hope to meet some more folks from T-man.
Posted By: Preacherman Les

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/11/19 10:50 PM

Great weather for it. Seemed busy to me. Visited with Paul, Slim, Cletus Richards & more. Mr Dobbins was working hard on a cheese ball. Found some things I needed (wanted) & went over budget of course.
Posted By: concrete man

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/11/19 11:28 PM

Here's a few pics [Linked Image]

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/11/19 11:32 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/11/19 11:33 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: FOXCATCHER

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/11/19 11:36 PM

I see the RBGs in that pic. Someone told me Bill sold the company? I have been out of the loop for quite a while.

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/11/19 11:39 PM

Bill sold a few years ago. He still wanders around the conventions.
Posted By: FOXCATCHER

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/11/19 11:43 PM

Gotcha.
Posted By: greggsinthehouse

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/12/19 12:06 AM

Is Lee Steinmeyer ,the death ray guy, tailgating? Anyone see him?
Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/12/19 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by greggsinthehouse
Is Lee Steinmeyer ,the death ray guy, tailgating? Anyone see him?

I see him!...Hes pictured above smile

Heads up to all headed to Springfield tomorrow, Dress cool, I got some texts saying that the AC is out, hoping to be fixed by mid afternoon tomorrow
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/12/19 01:03 AM

Was cool in all three buildings until closing time at 6pm. Not sure about AC problems.

Appeared to be a good turnout. Lots of people toting stuff out.

Only took a few pics..
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Attended Groenewold Fur Company's complimentary pizza party. The Groenewolds gave an update on the current fur market and a Q&A session. Very good info...and good pizza and cold beer. Thanks GFWC!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RightWayFur

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/12/19 01:49 AM

I missed GFWs pizza party....didnt know where it was until I pulled out of fairgrounds....

Scanned through a few buildings before they run us out....ive got my dealer list out in the motel room now....forming a game plan for tomorrow...

A/C was working when I left at 6ish
Posted By: kytrapper

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/12/19 02:35 AM

Got to chat with Danny and Swamp Wolf at the meet. Two guys whose posts I enjoy. The crowd seems to be in good spirits and dealers seem happy. Spoke with the boss man a few minutes. Good to see Tim Caven and Nancy again. Been buying from them for 40 years. Great people.
BTW The RBG’s are now owned and manufactured by Nick Erny from Indiana. Great guy to deal with.

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/12/19 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by kytrapper
Got to chat with Danny and Swamp Wolf at the meet. Two guys whose posts I enjoy. The crowd seems to be in good spirits and dealers seem happy. Spoke with the boss man a few minutes. Good to see Tim Caven and Nancy again. Been buying from them for 40 years. Great people.
BTW The RBG’s are now owned and manufactured by Nick Erny from Indiana. Great guy to deal with.

Pleasure to meet you today. Always good to put a face with a name....Good Trappin'!
Posted By: hogwild

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/12/19 11:57 AM

Sniperbbb,

Where is the 2021 convention? Isn't that voted on, on Thursday evenings meeting?

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/12/19 12:41 PM

A few more pictures swamp Wolf and son [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Andy wieser make th [Linked Image]
ings good .

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/12/19 12:47 PM

I think you need to clean your camera lenses lol
Posted By: James Peterson

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/12/19 12:47 PM

Good to see Andy.

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/12/19 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by hogwild
Sniperbbb,

Where is the 2021 convention? Isn't that voted on, on Thursday evenings meeting?

Unfortunately I'm not there and haven't had any reports from my spies. Got a softball tournament this weekend and couldn't go.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/12/19 01:22 PM

2021 - Spencer, IA

By the way, the A/C seems to be working great this morning.
Posted By: RightWayFur

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/12/19 02:00 PM

I will be back by to see ya today sometime.....

Looked about wore out when I shook your hand yesterday evening
Posted By: Minklongliner

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/12/19 02:19 PM

Is bmi traps there ?

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/12/19 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by arctic cat
Is bmi traps there ?

I don't know. Rich Butera from Oneida Victor was in my booth this morning. I asked if BMI is doing well, and he said they were. He didn't say anything about them being here.

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/12/19 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
2021 - Spencer, IA

By the way, the A/C seems to be working great this morning.

Any mention of dates?

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/12/19 03:04 PM

I haven't heard the dates yet.
Posted By: Minklongliner

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/12/19 03:13 PM

Thank u good iowa got the bid for 2021
Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/12/19 03:14 PM

So ignore my ac comment, guys posting jokes on me lol
Posted By: James Peterson

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/12/19 07:28 PM

Geez oh pete's get muskrat an outhouse over by his tent before he has an accident! LOL Wish I was there, have fun tonight!!!

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/13/19 03:20 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A few pics from today. Lots of people here today. Mark Zagger's demo....pretty good. Good talk given by Tom Miranda too.

Good to meet several Tman members past 2 days. And thanks to those of you that purchased the body grip setters from me.

Good Trappin'!
Posted By: Ark Trapper

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/13/19 03:50 AM

Seen them sell a clear bottle at the auction tonight for $9,000.00 no that's not a miss print just a inside joke/story.

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/13/19 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Ark Trapper
Seen them sell a clear bottle at the auction tonight for $9,000.00 no that's not a miss print just a inside joke/story.

Let me guess - Moyle bought it?
Posted By: Ark Trapper

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/13/19 04:02 AM

I don't think so he was bidding however a older lady that I am not familiar with got it.

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/13/19 04:09 AM

That's a new slant.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/13/19 04:42 AM

That's a new slant.

Yes it is but I remember a intoxicated Alaskan kind of got crazy with his money one time as well, lol.
Posted By: run

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/13/19 11:25 AM

Ttt.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/13/19 12:59 PM

Have enjoyed the show. Met river otter with Down South Trappers and he's a good ol' boy and a pleasure to meet. Boss man is a good old feller too and my wife enjoyed the Skeeter Pee.. Made even better since we have a dog named Skeeter. Going to do a walk through today so the wife and daughter can get them a few things. Maybe I can show the wife one of Lee's fleshing knives I wanted to get but run short on money. Anyway was a good show and maybe next time I'll meet a few more of the t-man crew.
Posted By: lcd

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/15/19 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Ark Trapper
I don't think so he was bidding however a older lady that I am not familiar with got it.

I THINK SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT WAS HIS MOM OR AUNT. YOU KNOW HE ALWAYS DONATES HIS FUNDS THAT WAY. IT IS NOT A MISPRINT.

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/15/19 03:50 PM

Usually a few people bidding. Last year I think his sister or daughter was the one responsiby for buying, don't think she was informed.
Posted By: Cletis Richards

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/16/19 03:42 AM

Thanks to all who came by the booth and visited as well as purchased our products.....Our new dvd "Trapping Coyotes in Agriculture," did tremendously well.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Any news from the NTA. - 07/17/19 03:56 AM

Lol, ya cloudy, I thought nta convention are in August
© 2024 Trapperman Forums