Home

Lost A Friend While Out In New Mexico

Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Lost A Friend While Out In New Mexico - 07/13/19 03:53 PM

A long time acquaintance and friend from Texas died from a heart attack day before yesterday while driving in midtown Santa Fe. There was a wreck with another vehicle but all others survived the accident. His wife and Grandson were with him and not seriously injured. Happened about 2 PM.

One never knows what lies ahead with each step. Reminds me of the old saying " be prepared for the unexpected ".

RIP Terry Dickerson
Posted By: adam m

Re: Lost A Friend While Out In New Mexico - 07/13/19 03:58 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I'll be praying for you and all effected

Re: Lost A Friend While Out In New Mexico - 07/13/19 04:06 PM

Thanks Adam, it's been a downer ever since we were notified.

27 years ago in June a very close friend, his wife and daughter were killed in a plane crash at Alamogordo.
Kinda makes me want to go around NM.

Re: Lost A Friend While Out In New Mexico - 07/13/19 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cedar Hacker
Thanks Adam, it's been a downer ever since we were notified.

27 years ago in June a very close friend, his wife and daughter were killed in a plane crash at Alamogordo.
Kinda makes me want to go around NM.

I am sure it has been a downer. Wow that stinks, sorry to hear that. If there is anything I can do don't hesitate to ask. I have a memorial BBQ to attend later and will be in Santa Fe later this week for my uncles services. He is being buried in the National Cemetery in Santa Fe.

Re: Lost A Friend While Out In New Mexico - 07/13/19 08:39 PM

I guess I missed that Adam.
Condolences on the loss of your Uncle.
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Lost A Friend While Out In New Mexico - 07/13/19 08:57 PM

Sorry for your loss.
These sudden deaths are very hard on friends and family. That said, after watching both of my parents spend the last year of their lives being consumed by cancer, for the person who dies, going quickly could be viewed as a not all together bad thing.

Re: Lost A Friend While Out In New Mexico - 07/13/19 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Cedar Hacker
I guess I missed that Adam.
Condolences on the loss of your Uncle.

No worries thank you.

Re: Lost A Friend While Out In New Mexico - 07/13/19 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by gryhkl
Sorry for your loss.
These sudden deaths are very hard on friends and family. That said, after watching both of my parents spend the last year of their lives being consumed by cancer, for the person who dies, going quickly could be viewed as a not all together bad thing.

I can certainly agree with you on the going quickly.
I think most suffering from cancer and old age die more from starvation than anything.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Lost A Friend While Out In New Mexico - 07/13/19 10:04 PM

Sorry to hear bud, just what you never know anymore.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Lost A Friend While Out In New Mexico - 07/13/19 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by gryhkl
Sorry for your loss.

Agreed. A quick death means you will likely not get to see the people you want to see and say what needs to be said... But a long drawn out agony doesn't seem to be a good trade for having the time to see loved ones and telling them how you feel.

Mike
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Lost A Friend While Out In New Mexico - 07/13/19 11:27 PM

Prayers sent.

Charlie
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Lost A Friend While Out In New Mexico - 07/14/19 06:07 PM

Sent with prayers.
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Lost A Friend While Out In New Mexico - 07/14/19 06:08 PM

Sent with prayers.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums