Home

Venison meat loaf

Posted By: Sullivan K

Venison meat loaf - 07/17/19 08:06 PM

I sure like a good meat loaf. My daughter makes a excellent meat loaf, she uses beef. Her meat loaf's are nice and juicy, because of the fat in the beef. All I have is venison. Does anybody have a recipe for a nice juicy meat loaf made with venison. or just a plain ol' good venison meat loaf recipe.
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/17/19 08:21 PM

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6430142/1

Find the recipe by DaYooper14 - best meatloaf I have had in years.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/17/19 08:24 PM

I mix 10% ground pork or Pork sausage with the V-burger.
Posted By: charles

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/17/19 08:38 PM

My venison is ground with premium beef fat. Makes excellent meatloaf. Add an egg, some breading, worchester sauce,monions, peppers. A 2 lb loaf requires about an hour at 350 degrees. Add tomato paste also.

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/17/19 08:43 PM

I have taken my venison and cut it in half with cheap, loaded with fat, ground beef. It still does not come out the same as the stuff my daughter makes. I like my ground venison just fine for everything, except, I guess, meat loaf.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/17/19 08:45 PM

Yup ...add some ground pork to it.....I use 1 cup of rolled oats..instead of bread crumbs...1/2 Cup whole milk...3-4 eggs...carmelize some onions to add to the mixture...plenty of seasoning too...Worcestershire sauce

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/17/19 08:52 PM

I always figured all the rolled oats, bread crumbs, things like that did was to soak up the grease. Now, I realize, it is the fat that makes things taste good. So I think I just need more good tasting beef, or pork, fat in the mix. Deer fat does not taste good.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/17/19 09:06 PM

And, it makes your teeth "Fuzzy"! YUK
Posted By: l1ranger

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/17/19 09:12 PM

grind up some pork belly in that stuff

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/17/19 09:13 PM

Deer fat sure does leave a coating in your mouth.
Posted By: taser

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/17/19 09:32 PM

this is the recipe I use and it is GREAT. I always make more and freeze it for a later date. I bring in 6 to the hunting camp and plates are licked clean.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/214577/savory-venison-meatloaf/
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/18/19 01:48 AM

In the past I have made a batch with like 2lbs. venison and 1 lbs. ground pork. Also if you don't want to use other fattier meats you can add 4-6 ounces of say beef broth, a mixture of barbecue/salsa etc. to add moisture to the mix but it won't be like adding additional fat or grease. I put two onions in mine and use oatmeal, the onions add some moisture as well.

Bryce
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/18/19 01:52 AM

Half pork, half hamburger, onions, cracker crumbs, and a few eggs. That's how Dad made it, and He topped it with some barbyque sauce, or catsup on top of the loaf about half way done.
Posted By: BigJoe.

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/18/19 02:16 AM

Here is my meatloaf recipe;
1 lbs. Venison burger
1 lds. Italian sausage (ground)
1 lbs. Regular beef burger
1 can vegetable beef soup
1 onion minced
About 1 cup breadcrumbs
2 eggs
Your favorite BBQ sauce (about 2/3 cup)

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and put into two bread loaf pans.
Bake For About An Hour At 350.
You will love it. Very moist.
Posted By: humptulips

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/18/19 05:02 AM

I add a half can of mushroom soup per pound of burger. Stays very moist.
Posted By: iaduckhntr

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/18/19 02:07 PM

I like to use what they call bacon ends, (the trimmings of a slab of bacon). Usually bout $2-3/pound. I mix bout 20% to the ground deer. Adds a unique flavor & some needed fat.
Dennis
Posted By: DGorman

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/18/19 02:19 PM

We premix venison meatloaf in bags using about 15% beef tallow from the local locker. It's all preseasoned and ready to go. We don't really follow an exact recipe but we do add oats, eggs, Worcestershire, salsa, and other seasonings to the mix.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/18/19 02:23 PM

This is a venison meatloaf recipe from one of our Tman members. I added some extra things but I ate like a King for a week off these loaves. That was some mighty fine eating.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/18/19 04:45 PM

We need a wild game cookbook from Trapperman.That meatloaf looks delicious ,Bob

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/18/19 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Buck (Zandra)
We need a wild game cookbook from Trapperman.

There is the "Cooking on the Wild Side" forum. I didn't even think to look there. So, I just took a look there and there is only one meat loaf recipe.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/18/19 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sullivan K
Originally Posted by Buck (Zandra)
We need a wild game cookbook from Trapperman.

There is the "Cooking on the Wild Side" forum. I didn't even think to look there. So, I just took a look there and there is only one meat loaf recipe.

I've used that site a lot,lots of good wild game recipes and good ideas on wild game.A book would be handier
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Venison meat loaf - 07/18/19 07:57 PM

A book would be expensive to print/bind/ship. A .pdf download or e-book however would be pretty straightforward.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums