Home

Have you been attacked by an animal?

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 05:09 AM

Anybody here been attacked by an animal, domestic or wild, and how did you repel it? I’m not talking about chihuahua dog type attacks lol.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 06:19 AM

A bird (mackaw I think) almost took off one of my fingers.
Pit bull right above my right knee. Owner got it off right away.
My first Gray fox bit me on my thumb.
Sprayed by both strip and spotted skunks.
Had a big Tom bobcat by the back leg he kept swatting at me and my hound while I was on a steep incline which was full of snow and ice. Roughly a 200' drop if I would've lost my footing. Talk about an OS moment
Posted By: Kirk De

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 09:33 AM

Four times by alligators while trapping.
Many times by water moccasins while hunting and trapping.
Dogs, bit holes in my hip boots.
Bulls on several occasions, as well as cows on many occasions.
Had a wounded deer come for me on two occasions.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 10:34 AM

had a rooster thump me pretty good when I was about 3. adults all thought that was funny. to this day it don't end well for a rooster that gets aggressive around me. I believe the guy who invented pressure cookers had been thumped by a rooster hisself.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 10:37 AM

had a coyote in trap an another come at me from brush I shot it ,at about six feet away
Posted By: run

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 10:39 AM

I got sprayed by a skunk in 2013.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 10:43 AM

had a grouse land on me in a ladder stand.blew my hat off when he left.

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 10:45 AM

i also believe all animals can sense i have no problem with biting them back. wink
Posted By: 160user

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 10:46 AM

Been charged by black bears 3 different times. Once was close enough I kicked it twice.

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 10:48 AM

yeah,i've been way too close to bear a time or 2.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 11:08 AM

Roosters and dogs I hadn't provoked, angry snakes I had...

Been sprayed by skunks and swatted at by porcupines.

A rabid (I assume) raccoon attacked my dog and I one spring day while fishing. It was too close to the dog to risk shooting so I kicked it hard, sent it flying down a high bank into the Maiden Creek.

Every year for several years a pair of peregrine falcons would nest at the same spot. It was a good spot to hunt spring gobbler and they would screech and dive at me, swooping inches above my head, for seventy-five yards on either side of their nest site as I climbed up the side of the ridge.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 11:23 AM

Do ex-girlfriends count?

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 11:28 AM

grin
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 11:34 AM

A pair of nesting fly catchers used to harass me and anyone else on certain spot along local running trail. They must have had a nest in tree nearby. Would flap wings just inches over your head in dark when you ran by. Almost sounded like snapping of electricity very weird noise in the dark. In daylight would actually peck you on top of your head. They would chase you for almost a block before they flew back. Relentless little birds.
Jim
Posted By: Blitzkrieg57

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 11:40 AM

When I was really young my aunts dog attacked me, bit me in the face, 1/4” from my eye.

When I was 14 we had horses, one horse, a mare, small for her breed, perfectly named trinket got into with a porcupine, so while working on removing the quills she bucked, kicked me in my genitalia, and drove me into a fence, I head locked her so she couldn’t breath and she gave up.
About a month later the fairer came and she was still not fairer broke, she did one foot fine, the next she got about half done reared up and then drove me into a different fence.

Another horse named chinch, had a bad attitude, bit my arm so bad he drew blood and I still have the scar, I punched him in the nose so hard he sat down. Only way he’d let go.

We had 3 really amazing horses, and 3 absolute pains. Although out of all of them, trinket was my favorite. Because when we got her broke, she was the sweetest yet still a spit fire
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 11:52 AM

Mink, wild dog, mountain lion(it was a small pet being playful lol, still count?)
Posted By: CT Trapperman

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 11:56 AM

Wood chucks on two occasions ,I gave them the boot, a Raccoon ran at me from a couple hundred feet away when he saw me , chased me all the way into the porch , i grabbed my handy .22 and shot him on the steps to my porch that one was rabid for sure. A 3 legged coyote come after me on my lawn tractor ,this one was really peed off snapping his jaws and acting cuckoo luckily a had a 9 mil on my hip . my daughter when she was about 3 years old got chased by a red fox while playing in an overgrown hay lot next to the house,i heard her screaming and ran out there to chase off the fox. Got bit by a Great Horned Owl chick that fell out the nest in a windstorm ,i was bringing it roadkill rabbit every day ,he bit my finger while feeding it . Them beaks are sharp!
Posted By: slydogx

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 11:56 AM

When I was just little (maybe 8 or 9), I had a muskrat charge at me out of a roadside ditch... scared the crud out of me LOL. After the initial shock, I stopped to see what it was up to... I would back off a foot or two and it would very aggressively charge forward at me. Followed me about 20' down the road and when I turned my back it would rush forward to try to bite me. Never seen anything like it before or since, not sure now if it was rabid.

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 12:01 PM

have also shot a half dozen coon under 10 ft while night huntin grey's.between their aggressiveness and the noise they make,they'll get ya goin a little.pack of yotes after that sick grey has also made a little hair stand up.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 12:41 PM

Wasps, birds, wild and domestic dogs, cattle, cats. I've got several scars from cats, one on my hip from a wild dog, a few bite scars from a raccoon.
Posted By: l1ranger

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 12:44 PM

does a ground hog count?
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 01:01 PM

Where to start! I can't even remember all the times, dang geese are the worst with birds....they can really flog the crap out of ya! Wild birds protecting their young, hit ya on the head. Yotes in traps, you get an old female or old male....you just hope the trap holds till you get him down! Then when I used to call alot, back to the birds, got hit by an owl one time, and a hawk another. Two mule deer decided They needed to stomp me one time while calling yotes. Were only four feet from me, stomping their feet and wouldn't go away. I don't know what they thought I was, even after I had ID'd myself! grin Muskrats in traps alive are little buzzsaws! Nuff for now!
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 01:11 PM

Been bit my one dog a pitbull that didn't get to tell the story. My bibs have been mauled by a bobcat that was in 6 foot tall Johnson grass that wouldn't come out until I grabbed the drag and pulled him out I tripped while dragging backward and he took advantage! Other than the mess left in my bibs I was scratch free! I also get attacked daily by a 2 and 7 yr old boys as soon as I come thru the door. That count?
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 01:23 PM

I've been bit by a raccoon, chased by dogs, chased by angry turkeys (after stealing one of their babies, my fault. I gave it back, to be fair), I've got a scar on my upper lip from being bit by a Pekingese dog (again my fault, I kissed him on the head while he was sleeping), worst was being bit on the cheek by some random dog when I was too little to remember much detail, it instilled a nervousness in me around strange dogs that I wish I could get rid of. Been not-quite-comfortable around dogs ever since I can remember.
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 01:24 PM

A feral alley cat made a run at me two summers ago. hit me so hard on my left thigh it about knocked me over. My leg felt weird so when I checked it out not only did I have the wrap-around claw marks but three deep puncture wounds from its teeth. I never knew I got bit till seeing the marks. Cost me $360.00 for the emergency room visit and a shot.

If I would have had my sidearm that day the outcome would have been different.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 02:03 PM

Been bit by red fox twice, mink once, all my own fault. Was almost run over by a bull elk in Utah that thought he was cornered.
Posted By: white17

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 02:22 PM

Bitten by more than one marten and one Rottweiler. They all came out in second place.
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 02:25 PM

Got bumped by a large fish while surf fishing in Fla.
About jumped out of my shorts.
After that I only waded to knee deep.
Land lubber me.
The blue fishing was incredible on that trip.
Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 02:41 PM

You guys sure live exciting lives. Only thingI can think of is when a muskrat chased me back to my truck when I was in high school. My fault I tried to catch it by throwing a red and black wool jacket over it, like waving a flag at a bull. I was so impressed by it I didn't shoot it which wasn't the norm back then. grin
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 02:52 PM

Been bitten by a lot of critters...mink, muskrat, monkey, cat, alligator, red fox...and a lot of the kids with disabilities I used to work with.

When I was about 8 my Dad and I were in a pet shop looking to buy a baby alligator. The guy had a Stumptail Monkey on a leash and I petted it. Suddenly he climbed up on my right shoulder and was screaming, showing me his teeth right next to my face. Owner pulled on the leash and the monkey clamped down on my shoulder. Finally got him off after he gnawed on me for a while.

Several years ago I was coyote hunting along a big marshy area. I was sitting on top of a rubble pile of old stumps, logs, etc. Had a fresh snow and I was in full snow camo. Conditions were perfect! Started in on my first series of calls when I heard something to my right. Looked over and there was a big coon coming out of the rubble very close to me, growling and looking very surly. I did not want to mess up this set so I just "Shoosed" at him to try to scare him away. Seemed to tick him off even more and he was so close I had to one-hand my .223 and blasted him. I was not sure if he wanted to eat me or "have his way" with me but I did not want any part of either. He would up being 29 pounds and worth $15 in the round at Wiebke's so all was not lost that night.

Just waiting around to see what's going to bite me next...

Moosetrot
Posted By: Art S

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 02:56 PM

One day stealhead fishing I was trying to position myself for a cast and not paying attention
to my surroundings , I stepped up on a bank beside a tree stump that broke off at about chin height ,
a mother Canadian Goose had her nest on it and we were face to face 6in, apart , she beat me up pretty good ! lol
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 03:14 PM

Caught a large male 'cat out of season in a staked 3n,I thought I was safely outside the catch circle standing there looking around for something to help me release him,he was at the other end of the circle as far as the stock chain on the 3n would allow,making a very low growling sound.In less time than a blink of an eye he leaped at me swiping at my face with his free paw,the chain stopped him short but I could feel the swipe across my face.It happened so fast I had no opportunity to move a muscle.
Posted By: Hutchy

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
i also believe all animals can sense i have no problem with biting them back. wink

You'll forgive me if I didn't try that with the rattlesnake that bit me four years ago...
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 03:22 PM

As a 7 year old, my grandma sent me to the local dairy bar to get some whipping cream. I walked on the sidewalk and passed a house when a German Shepherd came out of nowhere, ran me down and bit me in the butt. I got blamed for running away from the dog the owner of the dog said. I got a shot of penicillin. How times have changed since then!

One of the first years in the insurance business, I went out to a farm to take some photos of the buildings. The farmer wasn't home, but his German Shepherd was and I spotted him just in time and beat him to my vehicle or I would have been bit. I later found out from the farmer that the dog had bit one of his kids. I told him if it was my dog and had bitten one of my kids, he'd be a dead dog. I never insured his farm and I've hated German Shepherds to this day.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 03:38 PM

I had a raccoon charged me once... Not in a trap. I saw him walking along the road and got out of the truck, and he came right at me. Ive dealt with hundreds of coons in traps, but never saw one that wasn't cornered act like that, luckily I had my pistol on me.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 03:57 PM

I haven’t been attacked by any animals, but I’ve played it in my head 1000 times. Every morning in the dark while walking to the treestand, every evening in the dark walking out of the treestand, every time I put my hands in the water to set a beaver trap, every time I put my hands in the water to release a fish or wash my hands after catching a fish, picking blueberries and mushrooms etc. I’ve been attacked and killed many times, but so far just with my imagination.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 04:28 PM

A Muskrat in mid winter and he did bite through my pant leg ferocious little varmint ,He ended up at the fur buyer regardless just died tired !
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 04:51 PM

Once I had my cousin with me when I was setting muskrat traps. I would stick my arm in the bank den to insure that it was an actual den. My cousin said aren’t you afraid you will get bitten. I smiled and said muskrats won’t bite you. Shortly after setting a trap I heard it fire, have it what I thought was enough time to expire, reaches down to grab it and it not the end of my finger! I didn’t think my cousin was going to stop laughing

Another time I had a young coon I was trying to use to train my hound with. I reached out to grab him and he bit me and held on I was waving my hand around and he wouldn’t let go
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 04:56 PM

Not attacked, but I did have an owl swoop in right by my face and land on a limb next to my head one morning while I waited for the sun to come up.
Posted By: zoozoo400

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 05:02 PM

Feral tomcat scratched up my leg.. dog, lizards, snakes bit me..
Posted By: NebrCatMan

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 05:10 PM

Cattle are animals.... right. I had about a 1300 lb cow help me up a tree once. I bought 15 head of bred cows from a western Nebraska rancher. Got them home and had them down in a creek pasture. They started calving and I would always tag the calf, vaccinate and ck for horn buttons. One ole cow was a mean ole boss cow. When I chased her away from the calf she stayed pretty close. That old calf let out a a long bellar and that ole cow was on top me in a second... knocked me down once. I got to my feet and she was right on my butt going to bury her head in my backside again. I had a tree branch just a little out of my reach overhead. I kinda jumped hope n to grab that branch and pull my self to safety. The ole cow helped me get up to that branch... and about put me in orbit as she got her head under me. But anyway I was up high and safe!!
Posted By: Boco

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 05:22 PM

Was charged by a small bear while setting a beaver trap on a dam.I believe he thought I was a beaver as I was hunched over on the dam,just before dark setting the crossover.I heard him splashing along the dam,when I stood up he was about 10 feet from me and put on the brakes and took off.I was ready to give him a skull divot with my Sandvik.
Another time I was hunting bear and had spotted a big one actually coming towards me.He knew I was there because he was downwind of me and was actually stalking me.
His pelt stretched just over 7 feet.
I have been stalked by wolves on many occasions.It is their habit of finding out what you are up to in the bush.They always stay out of sight on the back trail.By circling You can pick up their fresh tracks on your trail.It is then obvious that they are trailing you at a distance.Not uncommon for wolves when there is more than one.Never seen that behaviour by a lone wolf.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 06:20 PM

Had an aggressive coon jump at me from the bank. I had about 5 foot of chain on a drag system and he came up about 6 inches short of landing on my chest. He slide down into the water along my waders and I could move back and dispatch him then. Anxious couple of seconds there.
The scariest one for me was while I was working as a herdsmen on a 140 cow dairy farm. We had a sizable lot where we calved the cows in during the summer. There were typically 10-15 cows and springing heifers (Holsteins) in this lot. I would go out and pick up the calf and carry it back to the calf hutch or barn. This one time the dam really got upset and started bellowing , snorting and pawing the ground which riled up the dozen or so cows who all started circling me with tails up, jumping etc.I was wondering why this time they were so upset and when I looked behind the farm German Shepard had followed me into the dry lot They don't have teeth or claws but if they get you on the ground they will crush you with their head and powerful neck so I was reallly worried. I don't know if I did the best thing but I picked the calf up threw it over my shoulders and walked away. They were right on my, close with snot blowing all over me etc., but they did not want to hurt the calf which by now was baahing as well. I only had a couple times when the cows were edgy but this was by far the worst.

Bryce
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 08:11 PM

Over the years I have been chased by a couple Holstien bulls while coon hunting, got runned over by some steers one night. Learned to shut off light when cattle were chargin. Got followed by a bull moose for a very uncomfortable half hour once.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 08:20 PM

Snakes , sharks even a big turtle had a go once. Moray eels. To many critters to count and 90% of the time it was my fault.
Posted By: swift4me

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 08:37 PM

Aside from an agressive young bull elk that wouldn't leave me and my clients side in Yellowstone one night I can only claim having a 90 pound tarpon that jumped into our 16 foot john boat in Costa Rica. You can break a leg pretty easy that way, but we managed to help him out of the boat but broke two rods and spilled my beer in the process.

Pete
Posted By: spotter

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 08:45 PM

I’ve been bitten by red tail hawks, great horned owls, screech owls, pet raccoons, parrots, alligator, dog, marten, muskrat, small birds, but thankfully no monkeys.
Posted By: SUMROW

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 08:51 PM

Had an old woodpecker in distress tape playing in a cassette player about 40 years ago that my dad and I put in an opening. We backed off about ten yards to watch and had all kinds of animals and birds coming in to see what was happening. Finally a roadrunner came in with its feathers all flared out and in one heck of bad mood. Planted itself on top of the player and didn't leave like the other animals. After five minutes of this we desired to try a different spot. I walked out to collect the player and this very angry roadrunner flew at me with everything it had. I have never had to deal with a faster animal in my life. I would turn to knock him away and he was already someplace else. All I could see was wings and beaks around me. It was like there was a dozen of them around me all at once. Finally I regained enough composure to run back into the brush and left the roadrunner with the tape player. I made my way around the opening back to my dad who was on the ground rolling in laugher with tears going down his cheeks. When he saw me he started to laugh even harder and was holding his side. At this point I stop to look at my arms that were covered in scratches and blood. He said you should see your face and ears. Let me tell I was in the Marines and we would fight with the Sea Bees but I have never encountered anything like that bird before or since!! If I could have crossed him with one of my game cocks I would have had a world champion. I learned not to underestimate a harmless looking creature again. Like the coyote in the old roadrunner cartoons I have a lot of respect for the little guys.
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 09:12 PM

Had a buck sheep hit me from behind one night. sent me into orbit when i hit the ground i seen stars,, i got a 2x4 and was trying to kill him.. i beat him hard as i could.... he never bothered me again.
Posted By: coalbank

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 09:15 PM

Yes several times. I guess the bull would have been the worst. Perhaps a few of the bobcats could be classified as the worst.

Been bit by several of the furbearers, some more than once.

When we raised ranch fox there were a few that always waited for a chance to get ya. Those ones were handled with tongs when needed.

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 09:33 PM

I'm laughing at SUMROW's story.
Posted By: one toe

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 09:35 PM

Yes! fox. It isn't any fun. If you are agile and lucky enough you can kick them off, but they will circle and come right back in. They don't give up easily. I've seen them do the same circle/repeat attack thing with prey animals.

The best thing to have is a heavy walking stick to swing. A firearm is hard to get out of a holster quick enough. If you do, you are shooting in the vicinity of your feet.
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 09:38 PM

Attacked by 9 dogs working in peoples homes so far. The worst one was a shepherd that grabbed me from behind and bit me through my jeans right into my calf. I have a five inch scar from it. I turned on it and I had gloves on so I tried to grad it's lower jaw when it went for me again. I was going to body slam it and jump on it. It didn't try that again but watched me waiting for a chance to get me again. The people put it away
The worst dogs are ones owned by little old ladies that ''never bite''. I got some small scars from a miniature pincer that became a football.
Got bit by some kind of hound at a house last spring but I had a couple layers of clothes on he only bruised me.

I carry a 9mm pistol. I figured if one got too bad I'm going to be on the news

Been bit by a fox, a coyote- a couple coons. I had to get the rabies shots. Most of the dogs let go and gave me a chance to get even. Coons really are bad. They never quit - you have to kill them

Been chased by cattle several times. I just step aside and let them run passed. It's the one you don't see that drills you like a billy goat that will hurt you

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 09:41 PM

Had a buddy that had a lynx in a foothold on a drag,caught by a back foot,It was back in under some evergreen brush and looked to be tangled up good.As he approached it with his snare pole to dispatch it,it leaped about 10 feet and grabbed him by both shoulders with its front feet.He was face to face with the snarling cat,and its free back foot shredded the front of his down filled coat.There was feathers everywhere,I couldn't stop laughing at him.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 09:42 PM

Prom night count? blush
Posted By: charles

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 09:44 PM

Had a wild monkey jump down onto my head in Gibraltar. Sat there while my wife took a photo.

Injured buck deer charged me once, then fell dead.
Posted By: Deerhunter51

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 10:25 PM

Not an attack but a close encounter that I guess could have turned in to one - came across an elk kill hiking in Yellowstone last year and this guy was standing guard over it. Wind was swirly and I didn't even smell it till I was almost on it. I took a quick photo (dumb) and backed out. Probably not the only set of eyes on me and luckily not a bear..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 10:31 PM

Bull moose grouse hunting.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 10:40 PM

I going to guess that attacked doesn’t actually mean bitten. Other wise some of y’all folks should be dead already. Or at least missing some appendages!
Posted By: Jarhead620

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 11:17 PM

Bit by a Massasauga Rattlesnake in Missouri
Knocked over repeatedly by a buck sheep when I was little
Kicked in the head and knocked out by my 4-H steer
I tried to dry off a new born calf one cold night in Illinois only to have the mother knock me into the manger
Hit several times by snapping turtles
Bit in my big toe through my boot by a grey fox in a trap
Bucked off and kicked by several horses I was trying to break
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 11:27 PM

EX WIFE
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 11:32 PM

My ex-girlfriend threw a metal dog food bowl at me once... does that count?
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Wild_Idaho

Only if you put the shock collar on her laugh
Posted By: brianmall

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/18/19 11:46 PM

Squirrel while squirrel hunting

With buddy,. Buddy shot one out of tree, the other jumped on top me from tree then for one reason or the other jumped to buddy, I ran as long as I could but quickly had to stop and attempt to catch my breath from laughing so hard.

I'm not proud of it. But I have some what of a morbid sense of humor. Especially back then before o come to know Christ as my Savior. I still laugh out loud from time to time when I'm reminded of it. He screams like a woman!

Hornets
Same buddy dared me to shoot a hornets nest. I did knowing that I was faster than him hands down. Pulled the trigger and didn't look back. Lol, dumb and screams like a woman!

Little white cattapillar
Little white cattapillar hanging from tree while squirrel hunting and early bow. I've only streaked 4 times in my life. All four time were due to them little terrorist!!!!!!!! One little hair of one and I go into this frantic ich, burn, and run for water mode. Closest body of water with no appolagize! Don't care if it's the river, ditch, pond or yoir pool! Which ever is closest will suit me just fine and I don't care of your having a family reunion or not! Same buddy with me each time. Explained to the owner of pool what was going on for me.
Posted By: cablejohn

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/19/19 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by brianmall
Squirrel while squirrel hunting

With buddy,. Buddy shot one out of tree, the other jumped on top me from tree then for one reason or the other jumped to buddy, I ran as long as I could but quickly had to stop and attempt to catch my breath from laughing so hard.

I'm not proud of it. But I have some what of a morbid sense of humor. Especially back then before o come to know Christ as my Savior. I still laugh out loud from time to time when I'm reminded of it. He screams like a woman!

Hornets
Same buddy dared me to shoot a hornets nest. I did knowing that I was faster than him hands down. Pulled the trigger and didn't look back. Lol, dumb and screams like a woman!

Little white cattapillar
Little white cattapillar hanging from tree while squirrel hunting and early bow. I've only streaked 4 times in my life. All four time were due to them little terrorist!!!!!!!! One little hair of one and I go into this frantic ich, burn, and run for water mode. Closest body of water with no appolagize! Don't care if it's the river, ditch, pond or yoir pool! Which ever is closest will suit me just fine and I don't care of your having a family reunion or not! Same buddy with me each time. Explained to the owner of pool what was going on for me.

Same here! I kill every white one I see. First time one dropped down my shirt and I ended up in the hospital.
Posted By: brianmall

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/19/19 02:13 AM

Lol

Yeah! They are one of the few things in this world that scare me!
Posted By: SUMROW

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/19/19 03:07 AM

Encountered an unusually large Black Indigo Snake when I was 17 in south Texas. It was a very warm December day as I was out looking for a place to sit and watch for deer. The snake was out sunning itself beside a large badger hole. All I could do was stare at this huge snake laying there that seemed to be about 15 feet long and bigger around then my leg. About that time I noticed he was crawling back into the hole and I thought to myself that no one would believe how big this snake was. When there was still about three foot of him still out of the hole a light came on in my head and formed this great idea to catch him so I could show everyone in camp.(wasn't thinking this one through very well) I quickly put my rifle against a tree and grabbed the end of the snake. I tried to pull him out but couldn't gain an inch. After a couple of minutes of this he decided that it was his turn and started backing out of the hole. (this is were the light came on again and I know I'm in over my head) I let go and backed away as he was coming out. As he came out his attention locked on me and he let out the loudest hiss yet. It was like I was in the movie Anaconda as the hair on the back of my neck stood up and my feet seemed to take on a mind of their own we took off running through the brush. I could hear him behind me for a good three hundred yards before he quit chasing after me. I made back to camp and my brother and I sneak back to get my rifle about two hours later. They are known to have a bad temper but that had blood in it's eyes and wanted to teach me a lesson. I guess it did because I have never mess with another one! I thought these were the bad boys in town until I met the roadrunner in my other story a few years later.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/19/19 06:18 PM

Bunch of Nancy’s! Lol ! ! ! Not you Boco but you are kinda beaver shaped, cry

Sorry about your beer Swift , lol these are great !
Posted By: patfundine

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/20/19 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Cathouse Jim
Originally Posted by Wild_Idaho

I bet he used a rolled up newspaper.....
Posted By: Carlis

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/20/19 01:59 PM

got attacked by a wounded deer, a buck at that. lasted about an hour. I had no weapon, tried choking it, breaking its neck, biting its windpipe. I was up in the air more than once. finally got away and came back with a pistol to find it dead.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/20/19 03:01 PM

Eighteen months old, bit by cat, had rabies shots 1959
Posted By: Posco

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/20/19 03:08 PM

I had a ruffed grouse peck at my boot and then fly off and land on the peak of a guys roof. You don't see that every day.

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/20/19 03:11 PM

Speaking of grouse,I was dive bombed once by a grouse just after his head was blown off with the 410.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/20/19 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Speaking of grouse,I was dive bombed once by a grouse just after his head was blown off with the 410.

Neat. Have you ever seen one 'tower'? I've seen quite a few chicks this spring and early summer. Looking to shape up for a very bird season.
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/20/19 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by patfundine
Originally Posted by Cathouse Jim

I bet he used a rolled up newspaper.....

No repercussions for her that time... But I was always a fan of rubbing her nose in her accidents around the house.

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/20/19 05:52 PM

Same here Posco,lots of ruffed grouse around.
By towering do you mean fly straight up in the air really high then strait down to the ground after shot?if so,yes I seen that a few times.
Posted By: nyhuntfish

Re: Have you been attacked by an animal? - 07/20/19 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Wright Brothers
Got bumped by a large fish while surf fishing in Fla.
About jumped out of my shorts.
After that I only waded to knee deep.
Land lubber me.
The blue fishing was incredible on that trip.

I got bumped by either a king salmon or a huge trout up in Oswego NY during the fall when the fish all swim out of Lake Ontario. You're right.... it's Scary.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums