Home

Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur

Posted By: wy.wolfer

Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/20/19 02:50 PM

Go to Levi Strauss company website and you'll find that they donate a percentage of sales to "Everytown for Gun Safety" a Michael Bloomberg group dedicated to banning guns, even if they say that's not what they want, only "Common sense Gun Laws". They also donate to groups that want to ban hunting,trapping, and wearing of fur. I'm not totally thrilled about some of the other groups like the Rainbow coalition either. The gist of this is DON'T BUY LEVI PRODUCTS !!!!!!!!!
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/20/19 05:19 PM

I've got about three pair that I gotta finish wearing out, but there won't be anymore ever bought from them. What do ya expect, they were from kalifornistan to start with, and shipped all the mfg out of country years ago. sick
Posted By: run

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/20/19 05:27 PM

Thanks for the heads up.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/20/19 06:49 PM

We don't like their donations but economically I bet they gain way more then they lose. With less than 200K of trappers in the USA and being a global company we are not loose change in one of their front pockets.

Bryce

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/20/19 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi
We don't like their donations but economically I bet they gain way more then they lose. With less than 200K of trappers in the USA and being a global company we are not loose change in one of their front pockets.

Bryce

But that is no reason to give them a pass! People always talk about recycling, and the part they play is not even minuscule to the big pic, but it makes them feel better. That is how I look at this. I wore levis all through my teenage years clear up to presant, but have switched to wranglers now because.....well the girls like wrangler butt, so I'm told. Truth of the matter, I can't hardly get my big paws into the front pockets of wranglers, and still like the fit of levis better, but alas, no more! I'll deal with the tight pockets!

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/20/19 07:37 PM

Never said I would give them a pass. I have not bought any of their high end or priced stuff for decades. They make choices they feel will benefit their firm the most. I don't buy Wrangler. I buy at Fleet Farm or Duluth Trading.

Bryce

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/20/19 09:57 PM

All that stuff is mail order down here! I'd be inerested in some of Duluth Tradings stuff, but I'm not into trying to get something to fit through the mail. I'll see what I can find when I come to Mn for their rondy the first of the month. Thanks Bryce!
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/20/19 10:26 PM

I just emailed Levi and told them I will no longer purchase their clothing. Google Levi Strauss and you can get their address and place to make a comment.
Posted By: merganser

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/20/19 10:44 PM

They pulled their support of the Boy Scouts years ago when the scouts refused to have gays as leaders
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/20/19 11:06 PM

They pulled their support of the Boy Scouts years ago when the scouts refused to have gays as leaders

Did Levi re-instate their support for BSA after they caved in having gal leaders...?
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/20/19 11:08 PM

Go to Levi Strauss company website and you'll find that they donate a percentage of sales to "Everytown for Gun Safety" a Michael Bloomberg group dedicated to banning guns, even if they say that's not what they want, only "Common sense Gun Laws". They also donate to groups that want to ban hunting,trapping, and wearing of fur. I'm not totally thrilled about some of the other groups like the Rainbow coalition either. The gist of this is DON'T BUY LEVI PRODUCTS !!!!!!!!!

nuke 'em
Posted By: concrete man

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/20/19 11:33 PM

The last two pairs I got are carhartt and made in USA I think. Kentucky. Cost less than Levi's. I think they are ok I mean not anti gun or fur .
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/21/19 12:17 AM

I quit buying Levi's years ago... The price kept going up. And the quality kept going down... especially the thickness of the denim, tissue paper thin.

Mike

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/21/19 02:08 PM

ttt let more people know.
Posted By: NebrCatMan

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/21/19 02:14 PM

Never bought any Levi products ever, (that I know of) don't intend to start now.
Posted By: mainer

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/21/19 04:16 PM

I switched to All American Clothing Company almost 10 years ago. They have the best fitting jeans I've ever worn. They're a bit more expensive but worth the price. You can read the story of Lawson Nickol who founded the company here: https://www.allamericanclothing.com/ABUS.html

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/21/19 05:11 PM

There are two Duluth Trading Stores that I have been to in WI, one west of Madison about 15 miles and the other in Port Washington about 45 miles south of us. We take an annual trip down there to buy stuff.
Their jeans I buy are about $50-$55 per pair. They last a long time. I wear them 2-4 years for better wear and then get a good 2-3 years for chores, garden, trapping and then when the knees go I cut the bottoms off and make work shorts out of them . Zippers stay good and pockets etc. Durable. Style? I don't know I have never been much on style I just like stuff that works and lasts.

Bryce
Posted By: adam m

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/21/19 07:26 PM

Just noticed Targets "brand" of jeans Denizen is made by Levi.
Posted By: Lockjaw52

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/22/19 01:31 AM

I quit wearing them many years ago when the ball room disappeared. No Levi jackets, shirts etc for me!
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/22/19 01:35 AM

Had some 501s in 80s, the last Levi's I ever owned.
Jim
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/22/19 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by jabNE
Had some 501s in 80s, the last Levi's I ever owned.
Jim

X2 and into the 90's ...............riggs working man jeans now
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/22/19 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
I just emailed Levi and told them I will no longer purchase their clothing. Google Levi Strauss and you can get their address and place to make a comment.

You have a link to that? I can only find how to contact their "customer support" and I'm doubting the 22 year old customer support tech named "Steve" from India is going to get my email to the higher-ups...
Posted By: bass10

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/22/19 11:52 AM

Well I'm in trouble, wear them everyday? I've tried many brands including Wranglers and just can't go all day with the fit. Mine seems to wear out at the crotch, thigh area, a buddy of mine told
me they have a warranty, fill it out online and send them back. I've sent back two pairs a year the last 2-3 years and had them replaced for free. I'm not sure what products we'll be able to buy
anymore.
Posted By: Ronaround

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/22/19 12:27 PM

Dirty maggots. your off the list with Dicks too.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/22/19 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ronaround
Dirty maggots. your off the list with Dicks too.

Exactly Right
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/22/19 04:01 PM

The no buy list is getting pretty long
Posted By: coyote44

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/22/19 11:26 PM

No more Levi s for me.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/23/19 12:42 AM

Was just reading in the news today Levis is heading for financial problems per Penny's, Sears, Shopko, etc.

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/25/19 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bear Tracker
Was just reading in the news today Levis is heading for financial problems per Penny's, Sears, Shopko, etc.

I wouldn't care if they went under.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/25/19 07:32 PM

I buy Wranglers anyway $12 bucks
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/25/19 08:11 PM

Heard about Levi's going the anti route years back! Have not purchased any Levi apparel since!

Chris

Re: Levi Strauss donates millions to ban guns and fur - 07/27/19 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by wy.wolfer
Originally Posted by Bear Tracker

I wouldn't care if they went under.

If they're having financial difficulty why would they give Bloomberg's group a little over 2.2 million in 2018? Maybe that's a drop in the bucket for Levi's?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums