Home

Tattoos

Posted By: Fisher Man

Tattoos - 07/27/19 01:36 PM

I know that I'm old school,, and I know that it is the fad, but I fail to understand why beautiful women mar their bodies with those ugly tattoos. It is bad enough that men do it,
but in a few years they seem to fade into just a dark mess.. I guess it must be me. It is just as bad as men wearing ear rings or necklaces.
Posted By: run

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 01:44 PM

I agree with you. I don't think men should mar their bodies either.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 02:20 PM

I'm not a fan of tattoos. After a year or so they lose their cool. It's like wearing the same shirt for your life time. I think SOME people do it for the attention and SOME people that get crazy about it dont like the way they see themselves on the inside so they try to change their outside. Before anyone gets too bent out of shape this is just my opinion and I know it has very little bearing on how the world goes around. And I'm proud to live in a country where people have the freedom to chose.
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 02:20 PM

I have tattoos. And I think tattoos on women are extremely attractive. I also don't see women having tats being a requirement for them being attractive to me. But then again I'm not making an extremely judgemental post on the internet about something that has absolutely nothing to do with me. whistle
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 02:26 PM

My wife's got tattoos, and I think she's super hot grin She's got my name, an infinity symbol on her ring finger instead of a wedding ring, and "my beloved is mine, and I am his" (from song of Solomon) on her forearm.

I've got her name, an infinity symbol on my ring finger, and "many women do noble things, but my wife surpasses them all" (from proverbs 31) on my chest.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 02:34 PM

You don’t put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 02:41 PM

Some people tell the story of their life that way, I'm sure it hurts so they make a commitment when they get one guess. I see so many it's no big deal, now neck and face tats look tacky to me but to each their own it's their life.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 02:47 PM

To each thier own i guess

I suppose tats have some sort of personal meaning that no one else gives a crap about.

Ugly women just get uglier

And its sad to see pretty women wrecking thier natural beauty with tats and face piercings
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 02:47 PM

I have tattoo's but they are a personal choice. Mine have held up well. Mine are under my T shirt so they are only visible when my shirt is off. I have no problem with tattoo's on women or men as long as they are in reason. I don't see marking your face as attractive but that's just me. I have seen sleeves and some full body that are amazing and in good taste I've seen others even singles that are not. To each his own. They are permanent so whatever makes the individual happy. In the end they have to live with it.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by tomahawker

X2

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

I suppose tats have some sort of personal meaning that no one else gives a crap about.

You hit the nail on the head here. PERSONAL meaning that NO ONE ELSE... I didn't get tatoos on my chest, back and arms to show them off. I got them because they have meaning to me. I'm the type of person who lives my life like no one is watching. I don't care what others think of me, or the hot, tattooed women I choose to date.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by tomahawker

X2

So is duct tape on an Edsel ok??
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 03:17 PM

okay now,i've got a coyote,a red fox,a bobcat and about 10 more that are me.my story i guess.

with a t-shirt on you'd never know and i paid good money for mine and they still look great.

wife has a band on her ankle that she got while i was gettin done.nuff a that for her.

will say ink is about as addicting as tobacco.

too each his own,you don't judge me and i wont judge you.

lotta rocks thrown from glass houses in this world anymore
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 03:18 PM

Once these young women become senior citizens, tattoos don’t look very attractive on them.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 03:22 PM

like the 60 yr old women with the washtub tattoo?

was a teacup when she got it during her midlife crisis in her early forties.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
Once these young women become senior citizens, tattoos don’t look very attractive on them.

In the interest of respect I'm really holding back from saying something I probably shouldn't...
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 03:39 PM

My wife has one that memorializes our late son-in-law and a few more small ones here and there. My three daughters all got the same tattoo to represent their solidarity and sisterhood.

I've never understood the point of paying someone to graffiti your body so don't have any myself.

I've seen some nice ones but far more, low-quality stupid-looking ones. Tramp stamps, tribal markings and large amounts of text come to mind.

A buddy got a coiled snake on his shoulder blade. Unless you are less than a few feet from it, it looks just like a pile of crap.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Wild_Idaho

In the interest of respect I'm really holding back from saying something I probably shouldn't...

Just my opinion. Nothing else. I’m an old man and I don’t think one at my age would look good on me. My daughter has a bunch of them, told her the same thing and she just laughs. If a person wants them, go for it. My daughter could care less what I think.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 03:55 PM

I get that, GT. And no I don't think tattoos will look good on people once they reach a certain age, but most people who get tattoos (including myself) realize that going in. When I am old and wrinkly I am sure my tattoos will be faded and look horrible. But personally I don't care. I've had most of mine for 10 to 13 years and they are still just as clear as when I got them when I was in my late teens/early twenties.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 03:59 PM

Who wants their tats looking better then they do when they get older that's a fact! LOL
Posted By: EdP

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 04:07 PM

I don't have any tats nor does my wife, but I think they can be both meaningful and attractive in certain circumstances. I totally get military personnel getting a tat that signifies some part of their service as a matter of pride. Others that do something similar because the tat has some strong personal meaning to them also makes sense to me. I also find a small tasteful tat on a woman to be attractive. On the other hand, the sleeves, huge tats on stomachs, legs, back, etc. I don't get or find attractive at all. Sports team tats don't make sense to me either because teams change and interests change. The problem is exactly what pcr2 said, ink is addictive. Many can not stop at just one or two but end up an inked up mess in which any specific meaningful item is completely lost. The tat artists must be loving it though.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 04:13 PM

I don't plan on ever getting tattooed. The liberals will have to kill me before they tattoo me and drag me into one of their camps.

I find tattoos on women unattractive. I like pale, unmarred skin on women. I am not a big fan of tanning either.

Keith
Posted By: charles

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 04:54 PM

I wonder about tattoos. I have never wanted one myself. Seems to me that men get a tattoo to empress other men, and women get tats to empress other females. There is a clothing industry that exists so that tats can be seen.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 04:57 PM

I got a couple of them. I have my daughter's name on my back shoulder to shoulder. I still want a few more.
I've seen and know beautiful women with tattoos but the tattoos are either terrible or too many. The only thing worse than a terrible tattoo is face tattoos.

I have a few friends who are amazing tattoo artists. One has roughly a 6 month waiting list just to get a consultation.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 05:16 PM

[Linked Image]

Some tats speak volumes!

Chris
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 05:51 PM

I don't have any, just scars that I earned. What gets me is the barbwire wrap around the arm, ya wanna be bada## wear a real piece of barbwire......
Posted By: Starbits

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 06:11 PM

I don't have any tattoos because they are permanent and what i like changes. I have however been thinking about getting one recently. Saw one of a ruler tattooed on the side of an index finger. Now that could be useful.
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 06:26 PM

I don't like tattoos.
I don't have any tats.
I hate seeing them on women.
I hope my sons never decide to get any tats.
Anybody who wants a likes tats should be free to get as many as they want.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 06:34 PM

I thought about getting one on my forearm-a skull with a snake coming out of the eyehole.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 06:49 PM

Are you going to cover this one with the skull?

[Linked Image]

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 07:02 PM

guy--how come you have long hair and tattoo's?

me--that way i can tell who is so shallow,they judge you by appearance and avoid them or charge them double.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 07:23 PM

If I get one it will be this or Yosemite Sam it's a toss up!

[Linked Image]

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by BadgerTrapper97
I have two tattoos, one on my forearm and one on my bicep. I like them and don’t care what anyone thinks, I am who I am, I work hard so if I spend a few bucks on something I want, anyone who wants to tell me what I to do with my money or body can kick rocks. I also like a woman with tattoo’s as long as it’s tastefull. And honestly something I’ve realized with people is some of the nicest people are meet are covered in tattoo’s, and some of the most judgemental people I have met sit in a church pew on sunday. Yes I am a believer and know plenty with ink, a while ago someone told me I was going to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) for my tattoo’s. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Yes, it's money you have EARNED. You should do as you wish with it and your body.
Brings up a the one point that bothers me most; I know many, many people who struggle to support themselves, or are some kind of public aid, who are covered with ink. For these folks most tats are just another one of their bad ideas they have followed through.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 07:57 PM

I have a few, and most were done between 18-21. My wife doesn't have any. Girl I went to school with was a beautiful blonde hair blue eyes daisy that every guy wanted, she's now a psychiatrist and is almost completely covered from head to toe. Needless to say she's not near as attractive as she once was. I probably won't get anymore but never say never
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 08:09 PM

Knew a gal in high school that had an Unicorn tattoo on her boob, now at age 70, it looks more like a Girraffe!

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by BigBob
Knew a gal in high school that had an Unicorn tattoo on her boob, now at age 70, it looks more like a Girraffe!

When that rose looks like a cabbage now so is life! LOL

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2

me--that way i can tell who is so shallow,they judge you by appearance and avoid them or charge them double.

Perfect response.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 08:57 PM

The only men who should wear earrings and tattoos are pirates.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 09:24 PM

Still looking good .... grin .........

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bfflobo

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbrownie

And fairies. Could add man buns to the list also. IMO
Posted By: lestan101

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 09:54 PM

I've got one tattoo. Mine is my combat patch (101st Airborne Division) on the shoulder where it would be worn on the uniform. It means alot to me but nobody sees it if I have a shirt on. I have seen tattoos that are well done and looks good on the person wearing them, but have seen quite a few that are just bad. I think most symbolize life events for the wearer.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 09:55 PM

Are you guys that insecure with yourselves that anyone who's different than you is beneath you? I know several ex-marines with ink and a piercing or two who would strongly dissagree with you. I see nothing wrong with a little ink and or a piercing or two. Anything like the last few pics may be a cry for attention but regardless it's their choice to make, not yours.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:00 PM

kinda like the lil kid, crying, "mommy, I don't want that old lady with the scary bat tattoo holding me.!"

Grandma says "but it was a butterfly when I had it done."
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:03 PM

You know it's funny, I felt true freedom the first time I laid a trap as a shaver. I always thought that all trappers experienced that at one time or another, and held it dear. But I see I was wrong, way wrong. To say that someone who has tats or earrings and such is a pirate, a fag, trash, is pitching freedom out the window. If you judge a Man or a Lady for how they look then your not only are an idiot, your missing out on some great people. Live and let live.....

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:05 PM

Savvy people profile others by the first impression until proven otherwise.
Lots of tats have meaning,cultural,gang affiliation,prison pecking order,tribal,etc.
People have many different reasons for getting,and/or displaying tats as a method of communication.You are wise to interpret the message.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Catch22
You know it's funny, I felt true freedom the first time I laid a trap as a shaver. I always thought that all trappers experienced that at one time or another, and held it dear. But I see I was wrong, way wrong. To say that someone who has tats or earrings and such is a pirate, a fag, trash, is pitching freedom out the window. If you judge a Man or a Lady for how they look then your not only are an idiot, your missing out on some great people. Live and let live.....

This. I personally don’t have any, but I won’t judge another for their actions or what they do with their lives. One of the best people I know has full sleeve tattoos that are beautiful by he way, and she is a bad (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) at that.

Live your life how you want and leave others to live theirs.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:09 PM

Every one is entitled to their opinion on both sides of an issue. Wouldn't bother me if someone said "your not a man unless you have a tattoo". I'm sure a lot of people judge me by the way I dress or the truck I drive or the things I do and I could careless what they do with sand. It's just the way of the world my friends.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

Savvy people profile everyone regardless of appearance until proven otherwise. It's not about anything else but the heart and character.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:11 PM

By the content of their character not what is inked on their skin

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:11 PM

Savvy people profile everyone regardless of appearance until proven otherwise. It's not about anything else but the heart and character.

I knew we were best internet friends.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:14 PM

Rob, I just sent you a cyber fist bump. It will arrive in 5 4 3 2 1 grin

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:15 PM

Give the next MS13 dude a big hug just in case his tats don't reflect his heart,lol.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:17 PM

Give the next MS13 dude a big hug just in case his tats don't reflect his heart,lol.

So you’re saying people with tattoos are the same as MS13 gang members?

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:26 PM

Are you dense.
I said you can profile people by how they communicate to you.Verbally or visually.
It is like stolen valour some will live up to the image others not so much,which in itself communicates much about them.
Profiling people is a skill.The more you travel in the world outside your comfort zone you learn to fine tune the skill.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:29 PM

Are you dense.
I said you can profile people by how they communicate to you.Verbally or visually.
It is like stolen valour some will live up to the image others not so much,which in itself communicates much about them.

You didn't answer the question Boco.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:30 PM

Yes I did.
People displaying tatoos are communicating something to you.
Perhaps you don't grasp the concept.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:32 PM

Are you dense.
Profiling people is a skill.The more you travel in the world outside your comfort zone you learn to fine tune the skill.

I understand what your saying and you have a point

I’ll say this, I don’t trust any politicians but I’ll give MS13 a chance to prove me wrong. I’ll trust everyone until you’re not trustworthy.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:36 PM

Well in a lot of places that would be far too late,lol.
I trust my instincts.A product of keen observation.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:38 PM

Well in a lot of places that would be far too late,lol.
I trust my instincts.A product of keen observation.

You carry a gun right? That will help if they aren’t friendly.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:38 PM

Yes I did.
People displaying tatoos are communicating something to you.
Perhaps you don't grasp the concept.

No, I get your concept, it's a wrong concept though. Until you know the person you cannot understand the tats. Life goes on and things change. Therefore to think you are receiving what is real in the now is an arrogant and judgmental way to look at it.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Are you dense.

I understand what your saying and you have a point

I’ll say this, I don’t trust any politicians but I’ll give MS13 a chance to prove me wrong. I’ll trust everyone until you’re not trustworthy.

I could put you in places that would make you happily eat those words about trusting everyone until they prove themselves wrong. Hope fathers that care about their daughters dont by into that bs.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:44 PM

I worked death row and the sex offenders building in a super max facility. I didn’t say I’d give a very long leash on the trusting.

I also worked 911 ambulance in a city for a while, I’ve seen plenty to not trust just about everyone.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:44 PM

He did above. All he was saying (and Boco can correct me if I'm wrong) is that tattoos are a method of communicating something, whether it's a cultural message, gang affiliation message to others, tribal communication, etc. Just that all tattoos are communication something. I would agree with Boco, to a point, but some of my tattoos are not meant to communicate anything to anyone, except as something that I enjoy having and looking at.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:45 PM

My dad taught me trust is earned. There's a difference between showing someone respect and trusting someone.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:46 PM

I agree that they really mar a women's beauty. This is my opinion! I could care less if you put pics on your skin. People like to confuse opinions with judgement. I personally see no reason to waste money on them. If I want to advertise something, I'll put it on a shirt.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
My dad taught me trust is earned. There's a difference between showing someone respect and trusting someone.

Good point! So it would be more showing respect until they don’t deserve it. I would say I don’t trust until proven trustworthy for anyone. But I respect everyone

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:49 PM

I worked death row and the sex offenders building in a super max facility. I didn’t say I’d give a very long leash on the trusting.

I respect the job you do for the community and thank you for it. I guess we have different views of what trust means and I ok with that. To me you either trust someone or you dont. It's not a condition thing for me.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by 20scout
Are you guys that insecure with yourselves that anyone who's different than you is beneath you? I know several ex-marines with ink and a piercing or two who would strongly dissagree with you. I see nothing wrong with a little ink and or a piercing or two. Anything like the last few pics may be a cry for attention but regardless it's their choice to make, not yours.

I think we all already said " to each thier own " the same freedon that allows one to tat themselves up allows me the freedom to have fun with like minded T man members

Im a bald white dude with and im sure someone here could have fun with that.......only difference is , ive never been hypersensitive

I have friends and employees with tats but i drawn the line with " tackle box face " ............and thats my choice to make
grin

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Wild_Idaho

He did above. All he was saying (and Boco can correct me if I'm wrong) is that tattoos are a method of communicating something, whether it's a cultural message, gang affiliation message to others, tribal communication, etc. Just that all tattoos are communication something. I would agree with Boco, to a point, but some of my tattoos are not meant to communicate anything to anyone, except as something that I enjoy having and looking at.

Your contradiction made my point lol. Also, tats don't communicate squat unless your shallow, that's where the two of you are wrong. Have you never met someone who got tatted up as a youth and then in later years they changed, maybe accepted Christ and started livin clean. Tats don't represent a Man or a Ladies character, their character when you meet them does.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir

I respect the job you do for the community and thank you for it. I guess we have different views of what trust means and I ok with that. To me you either trust someone or you dont. It's not a condition thing for me.

I think I may have been wrong in using trust vs. using the word respect. Our views may be closer than we think!

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by 20scout

I think we all already said " to each thier own " the same freedon that allows one to tat themselves up allows me the freedom to have fun with like minded T man members

Im a bald white dude with and im sure someone here could have fun with that.......only difference is , ive never been hypersensitive

I have friends and employees with tats but i drawn the line with " tackle box face " ............and thats my choice to make
grin

Sure you have that right and by posting pics of ladies with tats and making light of it shows your character, no biggie.

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 11:06 PM

Thanx Catch , I knew you would understand , and now we know you are too mighty to hang out with this low man ......lol

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 11:25 PM

And those women you callin ladies might be offened.................. grin

Re: Tattoos - 07/27/19 11:35 PM

Delaware
I think your right are views maybe closer than we come across sometimes.

Catch
Thank the Lord I'm not the same person I was 20 yrs ago. I'm glad that we can change.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by bfflobo
Originally Posted by Bigbrownie

And fairies. Could add man buns to the list also. IMO

Got some buddys with some combat tatoos.Couple of em are navy seals.Nuttin would make me happier that to watch you call them a bunch of fairies.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 12:18 AM

Really bud, I did everything I could to meet you man, and you know that to be true. I was out in your backyard, I offered to drive to you. I'm sorry you feel that way but maybe I was lucky that you dodged me as it seems we think different. I don't judge a person by their appearance, I go by character. Yes it sometimes takes time, and sometimes you get hurt. I wouldn't have it any other way though.

Yes sir, right on man, people do change!

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 12:29 AM

You gonna let this guy baby sit your daughter , Catch ?

Passing judgement is risky , sometimes its wise

[Linked Image]
Posted By: charles

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 12:29 AM

Was in a resturant two years ago and a guy at the next table had a tat down the back of one arm that said "FAMLY".

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 12:30 AM

[Linked Image]

I don’t even let my parents babysit my kids. So, maybe.
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 12:34 AM

I admit to judging by appearance.

If I see someone with face tattoos I assume they have no aspirations for a job paying above pizza delivery boy.

Or minimally, the have just have made poor life choices.

And when those face tattoos are in a mugshot, then I judge them for breaking the law.

Forgive me, as I'm sure none of you would think such judgemental thoughts.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 12:36 AM

Really bud, I did everything I could to meet you man, and you know that to be true. I was out in your backyard, I offered to drive to you. I'm sorry you feel that way but maybe I was lucky that you dodged me as it seems we think different. I don't judge a person by their appearance, I go by character. Yes it sometimes takes time, and sometimes you get hurt. I wouldn't have it any other way though.

Yes sir, right on man, people do change!

Yep , lucky you ..........

[Linked Image]

You don't get it Gov. You come across as a shallow minded man. I do not give a dang about what those tats mean to people like you. I will know pretty quick about his character and how to proceed. I never trusted anyone with my babies until they passed my test and it sure wasn't based on their appearance.

Originally Posted by amspoker

If I see someone with face tattoos I assume they have no aspirations for a job paying above pizza delivery boy.

And when those face tattoos are in a mugshot, then I judge them for breaking the law.

That’s allegedly breaking a law sir!!!

Of course no one here is judgmental, pure as the wind driven snow around here.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 12:37 AM

And yet do you not claim to be a Christian? WWJD.....

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 12:38 AM

That’s allegedly breaking a law sir!!!

Of course no one here is judgmental, pure as the wind driven snow around here.

Lol... allegedly, obviously. laugh

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 12:40 AM

Good judgement will help you get through life . Here are some examples of bad judement . Only my opinion of course . Some of you may dissagree

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 12:41 AM

And yet do you not claim to be a Christian? WWJD.....

Wise as serpents, harmless as doves buddy. Judge with righteous judgement. I'd help him fix his flat, but I won't let him watch my kids till I got to know him.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 12:46 AM

Lol amspoker, read your post, so which is it? Ya gotta pick a truth to you that sets well on your heart.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 12:53 AM

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 12:57 AM

....sorry...”tattoo” reminds me of a good honkey tonk song off of a David coe album called “tattoo “

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Savell
....sorry...”tattoo” reminds me of a good honkey tonk song off of a David coe album called “tattoo “

We've got a music thread Texas boy lol.....

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:02 AM

[Linked Image]

You don't get it Gov. You come across as a shallow minded man. I do not give a dang about what those tats mean to people like you. I will know pretty quick about his character and how to proceed. I never trusted anyone with my babies until they passed my test and it sure wasn't based on their appearance.

So ..... I wonder if my " shallowness " or your " holier than thou " rubs people wrong equally or one more than the other ? ........ grin

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:03 AM

Lol amspoker, read your post, so which is it? Ya gotta pick a truth to you that sets well on your heart.

Fact.

Jesus didn't have a tattoo.

Fact.

I don't have to answer to God for what you do.

Have fun!

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:10 AM

Fact.

Jesus didn't have a tattoo.

Fact.

I don't have to answer to God for what you do.

Have fun!

Super great non answer non Christian, good luck man.....

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:14 AM

Clearly state your question Catch22.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:22 AM

Gov, I am not holier than thou, I'm sorry if I gave you that impression. I am speaking the truth and you have not yet been able to sway that. You do what you have always done and project sillyness because you know you have no real facts or reason. You need to reevaluate the peoples in your life, bet you get a surprise. Where'd your post go?

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:26 AM

You admitted to judging by appearance, did you not? How do you say on here that your a Christian and Judge? Your Jesus would think different would he not?

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:27 AM

You didnt ansewer my question .............

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:28 AM

You didnt ansewer my question .............

Dang, what was it and I will.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:28 AM

You admitted to judging by appearance, did you not? How do you say on here that your a Christian and Judge? Your Jesus would think different would he not?

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:37 AM

Yep if a guy wears a MAGA hat, is he a Democrat?
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:39 AM

"No Regerts"

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:42 AM

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged

I feel like I am being judged right now...
Posted By: bfflobo

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:42 AM

[/quote]Got some buddys with some combat tatoos.Couple of em are navy seals.Nuttin would make me happier that to watch you call them a bunch of fairies.[/quote]

I will admit a military tat would be an exception. Something of pride and earned. Not pushing an agenda or looking for attention. Used to be, about the only tats you would see were military.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:44 AM

No sir! I can’t judge another for anything. Just giving Catch the reference.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:47 AM

Boy oh boy amspoker, you should never proclaim again your a Christian, instead you should proclaim to be a politician. And I say that with sorrow because I not only see but can feel you are not at one with Jesus. If you would like to PM me I hope I can help you. Bless you

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:47 AM

No sir! I can’t judge another for anything. Just giving Catch the reference.

He also said judge not by appearance, but judge with righteous judgement. Wonder what RIGHTEOUS judgement refers to.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:48 AM

How does a Tat hold up on dead skin?

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:51 AM

Thats not the only scripture on judgement. The good Lord says we must judge wisely . Only a fool would not pass judgement when it comes to evil.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:53 AM

Boy oh boy amspoker, you should never proclaim again your a Christian, instead you should proclaim to be a politician. And I say that with sorrow because I not only see but can feel you are not at one with Jesus. If you would like to PM me I hope I can help you. Bless you

Thanks. Hope that paganism gives you the answers you are looking for big guy.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:54 AM

Thats not the only scripture on judgement. The good Lord says we must judge wisely . Only a fool would not pass judgement when it comes to evil.

Did the good book say pass judgment on appearance alone Gov, did it? That's what your doing is it not from your post.....

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:54 AM

True. I’ll let my Savior be the judge, I’ll give a pass to all others brother.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/bible-verses-on-judging/

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:55 AM

I will read you 6 ways from Sunday as soon as I lay eyes on you and you start talking.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:58 AM

Wow !!!........talk about judgeing ..............some serious condenscending arrogance right tbere

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Getting There

Finally, a good question.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 02:00 AM

I will read you 6 ways from Sunday as soon as I lay eyes on you and you start talking.

I’ll just ask about the best way to clean skin a beaver! Or I’ll ask about trapping Fisher!!

We may meet one day Boco, I sure hope so. I attend a lot of hunter education meetings and conferences.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 02:01 AM

Thanks. Hope that paganism gives you the answers you are looking for big guy.

Big guy huh, do you not realize that all your words are the exact opposite of what your Jesus has proclaimed? If you were a REAL Christian man you would be trying your best to bring me back to the flock but look at you. Seriously man, look at your heart that's saying those words. Bless your heart is what comes to mind, search.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 02:06 AM

Big guy is meant as a compliment. If you prefer little guy I can address you accordingly.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 02:10 AM

Wow !!!........talk about judgeing ..............some serious condenscending arrogance right tbere

You said I didn't answer your question and I said dang, give it to me, you did not. Then you say I'm arrogant, I unlike you will answer questions with the truth. So WTH is your question man? Have you not read your and amstoker's post lol.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 02:15 AM

Big guy is meant as a compliment. If you prefer little guy I can address you accordingly.

Say whatever you have to say to make you feel as though you are warmed up to your savior. I was raised with that and so you know, you need to justify brother, or go rouge, one or the other, do something different!

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 02:18 AM

....y’all yanks get way too worked up over nothin....y’all ought to try meditation or something lol

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 02:19 AM

....y’all yanks get way too worked up over nothin....y’all ought to try meditation or something lol

It’s pronounced, “tequila”

grin

Say whatever you have to say to make you feel as though you are warmed up to your savior. I was raised with that and so you know, you need to justify brother, or go rouge, one or the other, do something different!

You crack me up.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 02:20 AM

...Maybe just hold your breath and count to 10 or something along those lines lol

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 02:27 AM

Good perspective Savell. Lol.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Getting There

Finally, a good question.

It sticks around.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 02:43 AM

You know what, you offer nothing that means anything, just your hey, I'm a Texan and by dang, lol. The day that you don't project your skinny foolishness I may take head, until then, you'll forever more come across as a needy little man that has nothing to offer but quid pro quo without taste. Lol, grin

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 02:46 AM

You know what, you offer nothing that means anything, just your hey, I'm a Texan and by dang, lol. The day that you don't project your skinny foolishness I may take head, until then, you'll forever more come across as a needy little man that has nothing to offer but quid pro quo without taste. Lol, grin

....ride on down boy

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 02:49 AM

Y’all know ya could truck up and head north? Me and Catch’ll meet ya fore ya hit Canada. We’ll have a right good time.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 02:54 AM

Y’all know ya could truck up and head north? Me and Catch’ll meet ya fore ya hit Canada. We’ll have a right good time.

...careful what you wish for ...liable to end up with a mess of sterile men and southbound women lol
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 02:57 AM

Used to be only the military guys got "mom" tatted on their arm or bikers got one. That's fine and dandy. I got one on my back when I was in the army. Worst investment of $100 I ever made. Remember, actions are louder than words 'or pictures'. I see these little yuppies getting them all the time now. The only problem I have with that is they can afford tatts but they can't afford rent. I guess it's the Billy Bad A' in them. I have not read this whole post yet so someone may have already mentioned this.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 03:06 AM

...careful what you wish for ...liable to end up with a mess of sterile men and southbound women lol

Truck up!

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 03:10 AM

....”truck up” lol.....you’ve been watching too many chuck norris movies...you know they’re not real right?

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 03:13 AM

.....on second thought....I’m about to ride up to lufkin and get a “truck up” tattoo lol

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 03:14 AM

....”truck up” lol.....you’ve been watching too many chuck norris movies...you know they’re not real right?

I just know what I know, and I’ve always said truck up. Means come on let’s ride. You coming my way or I’m coming yours. Only one way to get there. Get. In. A. Truck... so truck up, buttercup!

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 03:20 AM

Lower Vann Road boy ....just be sure to shut the gate behind you and notify your next of kin as I don’t care to pay long distance charges lol

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 03:25 AM

803 Lower Vann Road boy ....just be sure to shut the gate behind you and notify your next of kin as I don’t care to pay long distance charges lol

Thanks for the Texas hospitality! I’ll be sure to bring my kin. I always shut the gate, don’t want to let the goats out! Should I bring a hog to put in the pit or are you gonna have some beef cooking so we can have some brisket!

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 03:27 AM

See Rob, don't waste your time on the itty bitty feller down there that only offers sarcasm and not substance. Let it go, you and me would meet anyone but not this fella, got to draw the line some where brother.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 03:31 AM

.....pits still smoldering with some pecan wood coal.....won’t take much to stoke it up in the morning... got some wild pigs coming in on fish scraps out back ....lol

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 03:33 AM

See Rob, don't waste your time on the itty bitty feller down there that only offers sarcasm and not substance. Let it go, you and me would meet anyone but not this fella, got to draw the line some where brother.

......place your mighty substance below........

(Catch 22 substance area)
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 03:42 AM

I will say this, if I ever did get another tattoo about something true about me. It would have to be a rooster with a rope around his neck on my calf of my right leg!

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 03:43 AM

....on second thought...let’s just all meet in Missouri and get a portrait of Jesse James tattooed on our lower back...sound like a fair compromise?

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Scout1
I will say this, if I ever did get another tattoo about something true about me. It would have to be a rooster with a rope around his neck on my calf of my right leg!

Prayers sent lol

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 03:47 AM

......place your mighty substance below........

(Catch 22 substance area)

Savell offers nothing substantial, he's a itty bitty, a worm hoping to make it to the surface lol.....

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 03:51 AM

...dang you boys take Internet forums seriously lol..... doesn’t your school have dances every now and then ?

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 04:22 AM

Hey Jtrap....if you don’t hear from me in the next couple days ...it might mean some yanks “trucked up” and got the drop on me in the back....I will all my tanned nutria and possum hides to you and yours...as well as any jerky you might find scattered about,,,
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 04:57 AM

Awwww what a fun read this has been. I personally like tattoos and whatever floats your boat get after it. Boco I will say those tattoos can communicate but sometimes the memo isn't what they hope for. I think everyone should work in a prison at least once preferably one where people want to shank other people every day. I read body language 1000 times before I even consider what tattoos they have on them. Come on now Rob throwing death row around those inmates are the ones that get patty caked the most I'm more worried about the guy in for a year on drugs then the death row guy waiting on his time. I remember one inmate with F---well you get the rest tattooed across his forehead on intake, the Major asked me what that told him in prison......? Heck I didn't know. His response "jobless on the outside." I expected it to be some sweet gang tattoo....sigh. Another white boy in a room packed full of the local African Americans on intake couldn't slinky out of the holding cell fast enough....kept yelling at the corporal working with him "don't you see my tattoos? don't you know what they mean?" As he's screaming this he keeps pointing to the Woody the Wood Pecker on his neck and the corporal straight out of the academy just shook her head and told him to get back in the cell. That's synonymous with a "Peckerwood" a little white faction in these parts and other parts in the country (why they'd pick woody the woodpecker as their gang sign who knows) but she didn't have the slightest clue and the brothers in the holding cell could have cared less.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 09:41 AM

Man,that escalated slowly.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 10:02 AM

You want fast go play on the lair. Here the threads get axed for calling someone a fat santa. Not much you can do anymore.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 10:06 AM

i'm too sensative for that. laugh

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 10:08 AM

i'm too sensative for that. laugh

Weren't you involved in those pics on the last one that got axed? I'm still waiting for someone to post that pic of Walleyed staring at the empty mini plate like it was the last plate of food left on the planet. It made my day.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 10:18 AM

did you see the one with Boco and Assange side by side??

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 10:26 AM

did you see the one with Boco and Assange side by side??

Yes.... I believe I was the last one to comment before it got the hammer, but I don't think it was my comment that did it.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 10:47 AM

aaahhh,the good ol days. grin

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by WadeRyan

You want fast go play on the lair. Here the threads get axed for calling someone a fat santa. Not much you can do anymore.

No, no, I called him a "dwarf" Santa...

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 11:32 AM

grin

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 11:38 AM

[Linked Image]
Lug,this guy is a riot ta listen to.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 12:34 PM

Is he still making silly noises and trying to pass them off as real gobbles?

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by WadeRyan
Awwww what a fun read this has been. I personally like tattoos and whatever floats your boat get after it. Boco I will say those tattoos can communicate but sometimes the memo isn't what they hope for. I think everyone should work in a prison at least once preferably one where people want to shank other people every day. I read body language 1000 times before I even consider what tattoos they have on them. Come on now Rob throwing death row around those inmates are the ones that get patty caked the most I'm more worried about the guy in for a year on drugs then the death row guy waiting on his time. I remember one inmate with F---well you get the rest tattooed across his forehead on intake, the Major asked me what that told him in prison......? Heck I didn't know. His response "jobless on the outside." I expected it to be some sweet gang tattoo....sigh. Another white boy in a room packed full of the local African Americans on intake couldn't slinky out of the holding cell fast enough....kept yelling at the corporal working with him "don't you see my tattoos? don't you know what they mean?" As he's screaming this he keeps pointing to the Woody the Wood Pecker on his neck and the corporal straight out of the academy just shook her head and told him to get back in the cell. That's synonymous with a "Peckerwood" a little white faction in these parts and other parts in the country (why they'd pick woody the woodpecker as their gang sign who knows) but she didn't have the slightest clue and the brothers in the holding cell could have cared less.

That is very true, it’s the same here.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
Is he still making silly noises and trying to pass them off as real gobbles?

oh no,he's got it figured out.if i'd have went when she took pics he would of been strutting defending his hens.he's buddy-buddy with the wife.
Posted By: zoozoo400

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 02:03 PM

Something to live by. Yaas!
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 02:07 PM

Gotta love a group of people who want to be left alone and not judged for what they do judge others for what they do.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 02:09 PM

glass houses right Elk,glass houses and brick throwing seem fun til somebody breaks a window. whistle

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 02:10 PM

see that i'm a fill occifer.
Posted By: zoozoo400

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 02:12 PM

Ain't that the truth.

Tats are pretty cool. Let people be people. Personally, I like searching for great artists, sitting through the pain, and admiring my own personal graffiti. I don't do chop shop tats anymore. Though I have given myself & friends some stick-n-pokes! They seem to enjoy them.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 06:16 PM

I was contacted by a member here that although I have not met face to face, which I hope to someday, I know is a good and just man. Apparently I was a bit harsh in my post. I will not apologize for what my words meant, because I always say what I mean, but I will apologize for not wording it in what should be a lifting up and helping fashion. Tats lol, they only tell a story being told by the one that has them, to judge ones with tats by appearance is nothing short of shallow and the polar opposite of loving freedom.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 06:44 PM

your view and opinion are what makes America great to start with.some places you can be shot for having either one.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 06:58 PM

your view and opinion are what makes America great to start with.some places you can be shot for having either one.

Wonderful incite buddy, thank you! I never want to offend anyone but by telling my heart it can't be helped and I know at times I come across wrong in this texting world where you really don't know (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) cause it's so impersonal.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 07:01 PM

I figured you had a few last night and the truth came out ........lol

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 07:20 PM

Yes Gov, the truth came out, just in the wrong way but still the truth. And no, I wasn't on the bottle, pain yes but that's no excuse. I meant all I said But should have articulated it better. Don't think that I don't feel slighted by both you not wanting to see me in 17 and by judging people by their appearance. People do things and then grow to be good souls, that is truth.

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 07:35 PM

No worries Catch . in 17 i was way too busy during that time period for a meet and greet or to drive 2.5 hrs . Im not perfect and now we know you are above my kind ........lol

Im also not hypersensitve so all is good .................carry on

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 07:40 PM

Yes Gov, the truth came out, just in the wrong way but still the truth. And no, I wasn't on the bottle, pain yes but that's no excuse. I meant all I said But should have articulated it better. Don't think that I don't feel slighted by both you not wanting to see me in 17 and by judging people by their appearance. People do things and then grow to be good souls, that is truth.

People change and hopefully for the better . Do you think they should be shocked or offended when judged by thier past . I think not ........its a reality some cant accept

Have a great day Catch .........im out

Re: Tattoos - 07/28/19 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by elkaholic
Gotta love a group of people who want to be left alone and not judged for what they do judge others for what they do.

YEP.
Posted By: bass10

Re: Tattoos - 07/29/19 01:25 PM

Well I've read this without responding but feel the need. I put myself in a category that thinks the body was not created to be marred. I don't judge a person from their tats or piercings. No more than I judge
a person that chooses to wear their jeans below their arse so that everyone can look at 8" of their underwear. But my opinion is that it can be ridiculous looking. I am the type that never misses a good chance
to shut up and a lot of times I should. I would invite anyone in my home then let them know how ridiculous they look with their choice while having a beer or three with them. I have a 26 and 23 year old daughter
and son and very proud that neither chose to go the tat and piercing route. Just my 2 cents that I'm entitled to.
Posted By: Hobbs

Re: Tattoos - 07/29/19 02:54 PM

This has been a fascinating read, there are many varying opinions on this and that is one of the things that makes this country great. We can all get on and have a discussion and we don't need to agree (although some think their opinion is the only right one). I am a heavily tattooed person, I don't get them for anyone else, I get them for me. Its no different than wearing a shirt that has your favorite team's logo on it, you don't wear it for everyone else, you put it on because you like it. The one thing that I always like to point out and I in no way intend this to be negative, is that you will not find a person judging you for not having tattoo's only people judging you for having them. I have heard the argument many times, "the body is a temple" and to that I say... most temples have stained glass windows right? All in all I love how most of us can find the good in a person no matter race, gender (sorry but I only recognize two), faith, tattooed or anything else.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Tattoos - 07/29/19 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Hobbs
The one thing that I always like to point out and I in no way intend this to be negative, is that you will not find a person judging you for not having tattoo's only people judging you for having them.

There are a large number of cultures and gangs where tattoos are given as a mark of status or earned, so obviously people from those cultures and gangs, who are tattooed, judge others who are not tattooed. Some regular tattooed people I have met, judge people without tattoos as wusses, who are scared of or unable to take the pain.

I think tattoos make women less attractive. I like nice, pale, unmarred skin on women. It does not mean I don't like tattooed women. I have never seen a tattoo on a woman that I thought added to her beauty. I have seen beautiful women who had tattoos.

I care not at all if my friends have tattoos. Some of my friends are tattooed some are not. Some of my fishing buddies have tattoos that would scare away most people.

Keith

Posted By: Hobbs

Re: Tattoos - 07/29/19 07:20 PM

Keith, I like the way you look at things. If it doesn't affect you then don't let it bother you. There is some truth to what you said about cultural tattoos and gang symbols (although I hate that tattoos and gangs always get thrown in together, there are more people with tattoos not in gangs than there are in), although those cultures and gangs have specific tattoo's that have certain meanings, a person should never get a tattoo that they don't know the meaning of. Its a bit like buying a vase with Japanese lettering, it may look pretty but if you can't read it you really have no idea what it says. I feel sorry that you know people who judge for not having any tattoo's, this has not been my experience and it's sad to hear. I would still say that in most cases people most often judge by having something you don't agree with rather than for not for not having something that they agree with.

It's just a shame that there is so much stigma around tattoos, tattoos were given a bad rap by the shady characters who were getting tattooed and it still holds true today. This really started with the old biker gangs and sailors, due to that people began to associate tattoos with bad people, this compounded when they began telling there kids that only bad people have tattoos. This led to more shady characters getting tattoos "cause they were bad boys", and as ignorance and generalization continue so does the misinformation. Its just like when the anti trapping groups try to paint us all as savages that enjoy causing animals pain, they find the minority that give the rest a bad name and use that to generalize all trappers. Its the same game.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Tattoos - 07/29/19 07:24 PM

I don't know if tattoos are good or bad but they look

just plain NASTY on any female, beautiful or ugly !! laugh

IMHO.

w
Posted By: lestan101

Re: Tattoos - 07/29/19 10:17 PM

This turned out to be interesting reading. I made one post but thought I might add some facts. Otzi the Iceman was discovered in the Italian Alps in 1991. He is thought to be 5300 years old. He had many tattoos in different places, mostly around joints that were arthritic. Lots of speculation as to why they were located where they were. The last fact: it looks like tattoos have been around a long time. I think they are here to stay like it or not.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums