Home

best ATV/ORV?

Posted By: topknot

best ATV/ORV? - 07/28/19 01:08 AM

I am entertaining the idea of purchasing a quad. I have no interest in a SXS right now. Currently I own a Honda (2003 350ES) and in my opinion they are the top manufacturer for a 4x4 utility quad. I will likely keep my honda but I would like a bigger machine. I have not been impressed with the can am outlander as my brother has the 800 and has had a few issues including slipping a belt 2x during a out of state hunt. I also have experience with a Yamaha Grizzly 700, again issues with the belt slipping while plowing snow. The Yamaha was only able to make it half way down my driveway after a big snow storm before the belt slipped, and the Honda had to finish plowing. What do you guys think of the Polaris Sportsman? I know this may be a bit of a Ford vs Chevy but I figured I would see what you guys have, what you like, and what you suggest I stay away from. The quad will be used for elk hunting in the mountains, plowing snow and ice fishing.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: best ATV/ORV? - 07/28/19 01:11 AM

I know the internet has changed things but I’d look for the best dealer for parts and service unless you can do all the work yourself.
Posted By: run

Re: best ATV/ORV? - 07/28/19 01:35 AM

What BobIowa said.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: best ATV/ORV? - 07/28/19 02:54 AM

My neighbors
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: best ATV/ORV? - 07/28/19 11:28 AM

Id buy another Polaris myself for hunting
... I have worn out my 2005 400 sportsman.

But Id Not use it for snow. Better options for that.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: best ATV/ORV? - 07/28/19 12:14 PM

Im thinking of getting the 750 honda side by side . A friend of mine works at honda shop and says that its very rare to see them come back the clutches and transmissions are bullet proof . The 1000s are a different story . The 1000s are all right if you dont forget to switch them to low gear when you need to go slow .they have to replace alot of clutch packs for people that want to idle around in high gear .i have to work on dads polaris sportsman 500 all the time My honda 450 foreman just keeps going and going I wont EVER own a polaris .
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: best ATV/ORV? - 07/28/19 01:22 PM

Have a Honda Rincon we bought 1 year old and barely used. Tons of power, plenty of seat room for extra riders.
Posted By: BlueDuck

Re: best ATV/ORV? - 07/28/19 01:34 PM

Hard to beat a Honda.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: best ATV/ORV? - 07/28/19 01:45 PM

I love my Honda. If your wanting bigger go with the 500. Great machines
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: best ATV/ORV? - 07/28/19 02:54 PM

Honda Formean 500 all you need. We have Thumb shift and foot, no complaints. I have driven Honda's as has the family since 1986. We use them hard, Canada, bear and deer, food plots, hunting, trail rides, hobby farm, close to bullet proof as they come, for us. No disrespect to those who have the other brands. I tried Kawasaki, Can Am, Used John Deere, Suzuki, staying with Honda. Getting a Honda side x side next.
Posted By: Yotegiter

Re: best ATV/ORV? - 07/28/19 07:29 PM

I have a Polaris sportsman 700 it’s been a good machine, but it’s seen the inside of repair shop a lot . I still have it but own a kawasaki mule now
Posted By: Chamacat

Re: best ATV/ORV? - 07/28/19 07:42 PM

CAM-AM..
Posted By: MJM

Re: best ATV/ORV? - 07/28/19 09:40 PM

Honda 500 Foreman foot shift. My 05 had over 18,000 miles on it when I got the 2013. It was never in a shop except for new tires and a oil heat sensor that was recalled. It never made me walk out.
Posted By: Bristleback

Re: best ATV/ORV? - 07/29/19 01:49 PM

From the research I've done...…...Honda is hands down the winner for dependability, much like Toyota in the pickup category.
Polaris is known to be very comfortable to ride, many consider them to have the very best ride, but not near as dependable as a Honda.
I'd keep researching, comparing......you'll come to a solid conclusion.
Posted By: charles

Re: best ATV/ORV? - 07/29/19 02:20 PM

Still have a 91 Honda that runs like new.
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: best ATV/ORV? - 07/29/19 02:21 PM

bigger Honda wink - you already knew the answer
Posted By: 1lessdog

Re: best ATV/ORV? - 07/29/19 04:55 PM

[Linked Image]

I have been using this Polaris for yrs and has never failed to start. I run good premium gas in it and stays inside all the time. Very good machine and will push circles around my 600 Polaris.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: best ATV/ORV? - 07/29/19 09:46 PM

Honda family here, no reason for anything else. Always start always go, pretty important to me.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums