Who is this? - 07/31/19 08:41 PM

[Linked Image]
And what came in the bottle?
Posted By: vermontster

Re: Who is this? - 07/31/19 08:43 PM

Mrs. Butterworth maple syrup?
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Who is this? - 07/31/19 08:43 PM

Looks like a Mrs. Butterworths syrup bottle!
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Who is this? - 07/31/19 08:46 PM

Yup, Mrs. Butterworth syrup.
Posted By: Lazarus

Re: Who is this? - 07/31/19 08:49 PM

It looks like a middle aged woman who was stereotyped as one relegated to serving a male dominant society fixated with repressing women by having them serve their base needs like food . . .
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Who is this? - 07/31/19 08:51 PM

Not Mrs Butterworth. Not syrup.
Angry woman.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Who is this? - 07/31/19 08:54 PM

Lazarus you have been too much sun, with going on........... such a long winded reply
Nothing Canadian eh
Posted By: Sullivan K

Re: Who is this? - 07/31/19 08:58 PM

That's Mrs. Pig Castrator.

Re: Who is this? - 07/31/19 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Northof50
Lazarus you have been too much sun, with going on........... such a long winded reply
Nothing Canadian eh

I just wanted to say it before one of the Millenials did. :-)

Re: Who is this? - 07/31/19 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lazarus
It looks like a middle aged woman who was stereotyped as one relegated to serving a male dominant society fixated with repressing women by having them serve their base needs like food . . .

Part of that statement was a factor in her popularity...sorta.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Who is this? - 07/31/19 09:08 PM

Me Too.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Who is this? - 07/31/19 09:08 PM

Aunt Jemima.

Charlie
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Who is this? - 07/31/19 09:25 PM

I think that's a Mr. Pickwick bottle from around the thirties, based on the Charles Dicken's character.

Keith
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Who is this? - 07/31/19 10:20 PM

Ghost of Christmas Past. Look not "spirits" in it. May have been a novelty liquor bottle.

Re: Who is this? - 07/31/19 10:42 PM

Nope. Nope. Not liquor.
The parasol is a very important factor.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Who is this? - 07/31/19 10:52 PM

Mary Poppins and it had shampoo in it
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Who is this? - 07/31/19 10:52 PM

Frosty the Snowman?

Keith
Posted By: mainer

Re: Who is this? - 07/31/19 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
And what came in the bottle?

Bitterness, hatred and despair....with a hint of buttery, maple goodness for the whole family.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Who is this? - 07/31/19 11:31 PM

Aunt Jemima.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Who is this? - 07/31/19 11:47 PM

Oswald Cobblepot

Re: Who is this? - 07/31/19 11:56 PM

Mainer is real close with the hatred, bitterness, despair part. Not syrup.
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Who is this? - 08/01/19 12:05 AM

Carrie Nation and a vinegar bottle.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Who is this? - 08/01/19 12:08 AM

Susan B Anthony, Whiskey bottle. laugh

Steve R has it right. smile

Charlie

Re: Who is this? - 08/01/19 01:08 AM

Winner winner chikn dinner!
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Who is this? - 08/01/19 01:58 AM

Always something to learn..

Carrie Amelia Nation (forename sometimes spelled Carry;[1] November 25, 1846 – June 9, 1911) was an American woman who was a radical member of the temperance movement, which opposed alcohol before the advent of Prohibition. She is remembered for attacking alcohol-serving establishments (most often taverns) with a hatchet.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Who is this? - 08/01/19 05:24 AM

Do you mean to say that it is somehow denigrating for women today to fix breakfast (lunch or supper), for a man they care for? If so, I suppose we will at some point have a serious difference of opinion.... again.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Who is this? - 08/01/19 11:28 AM

I'm thinking it was a sarcastic joke, at least I found it funny. That's why I posted "Me Too" in response above, you know...the Me Too movement that's been in the news for more than a year now...the group of oppressed and abused women that use the sentiment of Lazarus' statement as a mantra?
Posted By: run

Re: Who is this? - 08/01/19 12:16 PM

Nice thread, Gary.
Posted By: mainer

Re: Who is this? - 08/01/19 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Do you mean to say that it is somehow denigrating for women today to fix breakfast (lunch or supper), for a man they care for? If so, I suppose we will at some point have a serious difference of opinion.... again.

Uhhhh, it's the 21st century. Post-patriarchal women today don't care for men, barely tolerating their cisgender-beta-male subordinates. OMG!

Laz was obviously making an ironic joke....as I just did.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Who is this? - 08/01/19 12:58 PM

....take a deep breath : grin
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Who is this? - 08/01/19 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by amspoker
Always something to learn..

Carrie Amelia Nation (forename sometimes spelled Carry;[1] November 25, 1846 – June 9, 1911) was an American woman who was a radical member of the temperance movement, which opposed alcohol before the advent of Prohibition. She is remembered for attacking alcohol-serving establishments (most often taverns) with a hatchet.

[Linked Image]

This woman was featured on the show Mysteries At The Museum. I think the artifact they had in the museum was her hatchet. I'm not for sure, but I believe the reason she was so radical when it came to booze was she saw what it did to her husband when he drank. He pretty much became a worthless bum. She wasn't alone in her conquest. Other women joined her. She didn't need the hatchet. One look at her was all it took to make you run!

Re: Who is this? - 08/01/19 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
I'm thinking it was a sarcastic joke, at least I found it funny. That's why I posted "Me Too" in response above, you know...the Me Too movement that's been in the news for more than a year now...the group of oppressed and abused women that use the sentiment of Lazarus' statement as a mantra?

Exactly
Posted By: l1ranger

Re: Who is this? - 08/01/19 03:48 PM

i mean - look at that mug
makes a man want to drink

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Who is this? - 08/01/19 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by l1ranger
i mean - look at that mug
makes a man want to drink

[Linked Image]

Yes. You could make Halloween masks copying some of those faces.
laugh
Posted By: l1ranger

Re: Who is this? - 08/01/19 04:39 PM

if she treed me - I'd use my own hatchet
© 2024 Trapperman Forums