Home

Idaho Wolf Certification Class

Posted By: Gulo

Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/04/19 09:48 PM

31 August, 0900-1600, Salmon, Idaho. Contact Salmon Fish and Game to register. 208-756-2271.

Jack

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/05/19 02:28 AM

TTT
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/05/19 03:39 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: topknot

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/05/19 03:46 PM

Do they offer an online class?

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/05/19 06:16 PM

topknot -

No. Probably won't be in the near future either. Must attend in person if you want to trap or snare wolves in Idaho.

Jack

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/06/19 04:37 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: old_newbie

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/07/19 01:16 AM

Thanks for the reminder! Registered today

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/07/19 07:16 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/09/19 08:46 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: zoozoo400

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/10/19 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sharon

[Linked Image]

I love the personality on this guy
Fantastic work, as always!

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/10/19 04:44 PM

Thanks, zoo, I do this to help keep this notice to the fore as much as possible. These classes, taught by Jack, are so well worth the time to attend....in person. So much more than technical information in going through the booklet .

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/10/19 07:02 PM

And, as always, I appreciate you keeping it up front, Sharon. Plus, I get to feast mine eyes on your fantastic artwork.

Jack
Posted By: run

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/10/19 09:13 PM

Nice artwork.
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/10/19 10:37 PM

[Linked Image]

I just ordered this one Sharon. Phenomenal work. I also love the "Song Dog" print on your site and that will be my next purchase at some point in the future. Thank you!

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/11/19 03:35 AM

Thank you, Eric !

And if you haven't already, please do plan to attend one of Jack's classes in future. He also gives them in N Idaho , CDA , which is right close to where you are. If you can at all the next time F&G announces them , youll be so glad you did. It's worth every hour !

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/11/19 05:44 AM

Done and done. I took his class in CDA this past March. I was never much for "school" but the lessons Jack taught were great. Stand-up guy, who is as ethical a trapper as you will ever meet and extremely knowledgeable with regards to wolves and their behavior.

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/13/19 02:25 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/13/19 10:05 PM

7 September 2019. 0900-1600 hrs. McCall Wolf Trapping Certification class. I'm assuming at the Sub-Regional Office. Telephone McCall Fish and Game office to register, 208-634-8137.

Also, I've heard Jeff Ashmead will be conducting classes in Nampa (24 August) and Lewiston (7 September). Call those Regional Offices for further info and to register.

Jack

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/15/19 03:13 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/17/19 11:16 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/19/19 09:06 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: snowy

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/19/19 10:58 PM

Beautiful work Sharon.

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/20/19 01:54 PM

Thanks snowy , just helping to keep this reminder upstream cool
Posted By: trappergbus

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/20/19 07:17 PM

[Linked Image]

Nice work Sharon, what's so intriguing about that stick? Can Nonresidents trap wolves out there? If so how can one get certified?

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/21/19 08:04 PM

Trappergbus , thank you . The stick is a lure post , in an area where they travel, and that track right by the post is made by the trapper, with a foothold under there.

Jack's class is the perfect answer for your questions ...and he also knows Montana trapping rules for wolves as he does Idaho. His classes are key to certification .

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/22/19 04:27 PM

Well Im fresh out of wuffs , but got this amazing old boy from Jumperzee . He caught this one , and thought Id like the image to use in art sometime. I have called him Blue smile

He was large, all his teeth were worn flat . From the upper Lochsa , the first wolf of the year for hm. A guy from Montana bought him . Blue has an appreciative home , where he will always be admired.

Jumperzee also caught another big male , that Jack collared earlier in the year.

I have permission to show Blue here, and am sure planning on enjoying capturing him again in portrait , for the right article.

Jack, this one reminds me a bit of Garth !

[Linked Image]
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/22/19 07:42 PM

[Linked Image]

Sharon if you don't stop posting these I'll have to buy a bigger house with more wall space or take down some Tim Cox prints lol I love this one

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/22/19 07:58 PM

grin Sounds like you have an amazing room collection already, along with your other outdoor collectables !

Tim Cox is an amazing artist. I can see how that genre fits right in perfectly with you and your family's interests . cool

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/25/19 02:05 AM

The lovely Blue !

[Linked Image]

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/25/19 02:16 AM

Love the blue fur and white face on that one, Sharon and Jumperzee.

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/25/19 02:39 AM

Yes Im gonna hold off on this guy, till the right time .

Often times sunlight casts spots of light in places , so discernment of true light areas on such a dignified old man can be tricky.

I see in these pics, the areas that Blue truly has light tones .

Love the light mark between his ears, and in some other places .

Just imagine his life lived all that time, and the experiences he collected in his skin bottle all those years ....

The things I would miss entirely if trappers couldn't share these things with me .

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/26/19 03:53 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 3togo

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/27/19 12:46 AM

I had some Robert Bateman wolf prints years ago. They went down the road along with most of my furniture during the divorce. I still have a Bateman bighorn sheep print.
Posted By: white17

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/27/19 01:02 AM

I have a couple of Bateman's prints but not the wolves. Great artist...........Almost as good as Ms Sharon

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/27/19 03:18 AM

I have always admired Bateman's work, and aspired to be even a wee bit in his realm in tec art.

One thing he does is paint on large formats . Much larger than I do . I need to squeeze my images into a scanner to put in digital form, so that limits me for size....but its ok.

His work is amazing . Fortunate you are to have a print of his !

Thank you for your kind thought, Sir Ken.

Im just happy there's room in the pond for all styles of talent cool

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/29/19 05:58 PM

Last call before the class ! At least you wont have a lot of driving to this one, Jack . Its a big weekend coming up too, so probably much more traffic on the major routes , at any rate.
Yourself, and the class will all have such a wonderful time .
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jumperzee

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/29/19 09:52 PM

Sharon, that picture almost looks like some of my wintertime dirhole sets that get snowed under. Trap being in the middle of course... crazy

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 08/30/19 03:07 PM

A jump to the heart indeed, to see such a prize in your foothold , like Blue !

One of these days it would be fun to attend one of Jack's classes again. A beautiful drive to get there , too.
Posted By: old_newbie

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 09/01/19 01:38 AM

Thank you Jack! A very informative and interesting class, I enjoyed it very much! Thanks again!
Posted By: Rio

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 09/01/19 02:15 AM

Thanks for a Great class. Lots of Good info. I appreciate you giving us some of your years of knowledge.

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 09/01/19 01:11 PM

Thanks old newbie and Rio -

Glad you two were at the Salmon class, and glad you both thought it was worth your time.

I'll be doing another class in McCall on 7 September (next Saturday). To register for that one, call 208-634-8137.

Jack
Posted By: Wildkaat

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 09/01/19 10:44 PM

Jack it was a great class and worth the time. You should really think about writing a book of your adventures. Would be a great read. Thanks for all the great info you shared.
Posted By: white17

Re: Idaho Wolf Certification Class - 09/02/19 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Wildkaat
Jack it was a great class and worth the time. You should really think about writing a book of your adventures. Would be a great read. Thanks for all the great info you shared.

I think the 5th amendment against self-incrimination would apply !
© 2024 Trapperman Forums