Home

Still handsome at 10

Posted By: bucksnbears

Still handsome at 10 - 08/07/19 11:54 AM

Roscoe's about to hit 10.
Seems like yesterday I picked him up as a little pup. Dang, the years are flying by!.
Slowing down a bit but when I grab the rifle and call ( coyote), he's balls to the walls.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Bout 3 years old first pic.
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Still handsome at 10 - 08/07/19 11:59 AM

That is a good looking dog.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Still handsome at 10 - 08/07/19 12:23 PM

He certainly is a handsome boy. I love labs, yellows are my favorite. There has been at least one living with me for the last fifty years, sometimes two or three.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Still handsome at 10 - 08/07/19 12:32 PM

No doubt, a good lookin' dog.
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Still handsome at 10 - 08/07/19 01:09 PM

Real nice dog. Hard to beat that
Posted By: MJM

Re: Still handsome at 10 - 08/07/19 01:46 PM

Dusty dog will be 14 the end of this month.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MB Coonguy

Re: Still handsome at 10 - 08/07/19 03:10 PM

both beautiful dogs-I have had many labs-they are fantastic!
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Still handsome at 10 - 08/07/19 03:15 PM

Who's a good boy. Happy Bday Roscoe!
Posted By: adam m

Re: Still handsome at 10 - 08/07/19 04:19 PM

Good looking dogs you got there.
MJM, I had a mastiff mix named Dusty. Thanks for bringing up great memories. People would instantly love him or were absolutely terrified of him a big teddy bear.
Posted By: Mac

Re: Still handsome at 10 - 08/07/19 09:29 PM

Really nice looking lab.
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: Still handsome at 10 - 08/07/19 11:09 PM

Some really nice dogs shown by all of you . Here are my two .The one in the front is just 6 months old and the other is 3 years old . My hope is that both of them live longer than I do [Linked Image]
Posted By: cablejohn

Re: Still handsome at 10 - 08/07/19 11:19 PM

I have owned some wonderful dog's. But Roscoe is something special! Definitely the most intelligent best behaved dog I've seen! That being said, I do have some questions about the other half of the team.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Still handsome at 10 - 08/07/19 11:28 PM

Thanks all. smile I'm dreading the day when..
Will be a total basket case for awhile frown
Mark, Dusty Dog is a freak!! I didn't think them little terrorist s would ever live that long?
151. What kind are they?

CableJohn. Thems very kind words, thanks!
Yanno that Million$ you offered for him and I refused?, Still stand. ?
Lol.
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: Still handsome at 10 - 08/08/19 01:29 AM

They are Boykin Spaniels The older one is a little behind on her training due to unexpected family issues that kept me from working with her as much as I need to But I have killed pheasants over her .They are good reterieving dogs but she needs more time in the field .Plus she was just 8 weeks old in July when we got her .So she was too small to get much time hunting her that year .I have had some success with her finding shed antlers also She is a very smart dog. The other was born in Feb of this year She has the drive but is too young to tell for me if she has the smarts Or maybe she is smart and her owner is lacking training .They are great house dogs and I have been taking Emmy with me on the trapline for the last two years .When I have something she will just sit down about 15 feet away and wait while I take care of what is in the trap .Plus they are the only two ladies that are willing to be seen with me in public So they are not real smart
Posted By: MJM

Re: Still handsome at 10 - 08/08/19 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by bucksnbears
Thanks all. smile
Mark, Dusty Dog is a freak!! I didn't think them little terrorist s would ever live that long?
151. What kind are they?

Dave, He has really slowed down in the last year. You can almost control him now. He had a squirrel up the power pole a couple days ago and I didn't even think he was going to chew the pole off to get it. He has lived longer than most, but I try to keep him from killing himself. He has been a good Jagdterrier. He is pretty good for the breed. But he has spent way more hours out hunting and trapping than a lot of them.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums