Home

Do animals have a soul and afterlife?

Posted By: Finster

Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 01:07 PM

What say you?
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 01:10 PM

All i know is the deer i kill are reincarnated....into chili and other delicious things
Posted By: warrior

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 01:21 PM

No, only man is created in the image of God.
Posted By: greenetrapper

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 01:23 PM

People who love their pets believe they go to heaven. So why wouldn't any other animals. Its tough for me to believe that . I believe it says somewhere in the bible that God gave us the plants and animals to use . I guess it's how you interpret that . There are a few dogs of mine I would love to see again. That's if I make it there lol. Do I believe animals go to heaven. The answer is no .
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 01:28 PM

My understanding of the Bible no.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 01:29 PM

Ecclesiastes 3:21 Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down to the earth?

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 01:31 PM

Flies, ticks and chiggers are doomed, lol.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 01:37 PM

How can paradise (heaven) be real if there aint any trapping????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 01:44 PM

Pet people have lived off the farm and ranch too long, in their separation from daily contact with animals they misplace judgment, feelings and respect. Ever notice they invariably talk too them like babies. It’s embarrassing
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 01:45 PM

This thought is the foundation for animal rights freaks.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 01:57 PM

Nope

Only in Disney's libtardville
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 02:01 PM

I dont think humans have an afterlife but if they do I think animals do as well.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 02:01 PM

No
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 02:19 PM

A lot of people have no soul! LOL
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Finster
What say you?

Nope
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 02:56 PM

I believe that most animals, even fish, have a soul, with the ability to think, and reason, but certainly not to the degree of man. However, as much as I would like to think otherwise, I'll go with the Bible that there is no after life for them.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 03:08 PM

Animals are a natural resource, nothing more.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 03:14 PM

No. Except for a fish in biblical teachings and even then only for a short time.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 03:23 PM

They are mammals,just like we are,so whatever you believe for us it is the same for them.They have all the same stuff we got only in different form.
Posted By: jctunnelrat

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 03:48 PM

If they do I'm going to be surrounded by a lot of animals without pelts.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 03:52 PM

With some of the statements on here I know where animal rights nuts get some of their thoughts.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 03:55 PM

When you watch a human die,and watch another mammal die you can see the soul leaving the body.
It is why Native people give thanks to the creator when an animal gives itself to the hunter.
Posted By: trappertom52

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 04:07 PM

My daughter's niece who was recently attacked by a rabid gray fox said "that bad foxey was going to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)!"

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 04:26 PM

I have seen it taught that plants have a body, animals have a body and spirit and humans have body, spirit and soul.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by jctunnelrat
If they do I'm going to be surrounded by a lot of animals without pelts.

laugh

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
When you watch a human die,and watch another mammal die you can see the soul leaving the body.
It is why Native people give thanks to the creator when an animal gives itself to the hunter.

I've seen hundreds of animals die and never seen a soul leaving.
Posted By: farmnhunt

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
No, only man is created in the image of God.

This is my take on the issue, also.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 06:59 PM

What say you?

No

Had a preacher a few weeks ago remind me that “We don’t have a body with a soul. We are a soul with a body”
Pretty sure it was Ravi Zacharias, but I think he was quoting someone.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 09:08 PM

I'd like to say that as far as animals being in heaven to me is not as problematic as the reincarnation of grandma into becoming a cow. I can see how that might upset the market for Big Macs. Even some Christians are a little squeamish when using the wine and bread as symbols in taking Communion.

Are symbols an idea or picture of something that is real I mean how significant would the Eagle be as a symbol for the US if we had none. I think if we had none then we would probably use something we had, maybe an Owl.

So if Jesus is coming back on a white horse from Heaven where did he pick up the horse. Yes learned people say that is only a symbol of power or a parable if you will. But since God can not lie why would he use a symbol of a horse if it were not at least possible. This entry will be different than the one on the donkey.

In the church its often talked about, "The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together, and a little child shall lead them."
This they put in the millennium as a forward place to be attained, so people think they can usher in a new age on their own by acting accordingly.

And as always I do not mind debate.

"Turn your radio on and listen to the music in the air "

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 09:21 PM

Foxpaw, you have the Creator of everything that ever was, is now or will be in the future in a very small box. Do you think Creator God would break a sweat creating that horse or any and all of the animals that may inhabit heaven?
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 09:25 PM

I’m hoping that possums don’t live on for all eternity. They’ll be clogging up sets behind the Pearly Gates.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 09:26 PM

There is a difference between animals "being in Heaven " and animals "going " to Heaven.
Also keep in mind there's a difference between Heaven and the new earth that will be created.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by trappertom52
Foxpaw, you have the Creator of everything that ever was, is now or will be in the future in a very small box. Do you think Creator God would break a sweat creating that horse or any and all of the animals that may inhabit heaven?

Lol, I've been accused of many things but putting God in a box has never been one of them. I thought I was implying I was leaving the gate open for possibly more inhabitants than just man and angels.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
There is a difference between animals "being in Heaven " and animals "going " to Heaven.
Also keep in mind there's a difference between Heaven and the new earth that will be created.

Yes I realize their is a difference in being there and going there, but seems I remember a certain ladder in which the angel traffic goes both ways. While I guess the 1/3 of the angels that got threw out won't be going back I don't remember reading that any certain horse couldn't return?

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 10:13 PM

When most people study the bible do they regard a difference in "The Kingdom of God" and "the Kingdom of Heaven" ?
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 11:11 PM

Cows have many soles!
Posted By: coydog2

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 11:17 PM

This will let OP know https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7bkgvj
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 11:34 PM

This is an interesting topic... It's impossible to definitively answer, but it's always interesting.

The scriptures never say one way or the other for sure. But there are a few things mentioned that make me wonder about a few things.

After the flood God instructed Noah that the animals were to be food for him... But God leveled the playing field by making the animals instinctively afraid of man. How did man/animals interact before?

And the story of Balaam's donkey... The donkey could see the Angel of the Lord blocking the path. But Balaam could not. And then when the donkey refused to move past the Angel, Balaam beat it. At which point the scriptures say that God "opened the donkey's mouth" and it spoke to Balaam and questioned him as to why he was beating him.

If you believe the Bible is fanciful rubbish then this whole discussion is moot. If you believe the narrative of the Bible then there a few scriptures that allude to the fact that the relationship between God, man, and the animals is not as cut and dried as we think.

I do know that after the flood God told Noah, "you WILL have them for meat." So until I get a quit claim memo on that I'm sticking with it.

Mike
Posted By: countrygun

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/10/19 11:47 PM

I always say the reason I don't eat store bought burger is the thought of a thousand cows souls in every bite. lol So I raise it myself, butcher it myself, put its name on the package so I can thank them by name with every bite.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 01:44 AM

Nope
Posted By: brianmall

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 01:47 AM

Sprit

But no soul

Spirit is not eternal (as in they just cease to exist once they expire)

Soul is eternal

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 01:56 AM

Soul

Strong's Number
H5315
Original Word
נפשׁ
Transliterated Word
nephesh
Phonetic Spelling
neh'-fesh
Parts of Speech
Noun Feminine
Strong's Definition
From H5314; properly a breathing {creature} that {is} animal or (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a {literal} accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental): - {any} {appetite} {beast} {body} {breath} {creature} X dead ({-ly}) {desire} X [dis-] {contented} X {fish} {ghost} + {greedy} {he} heart ({-y}) ({hath} X jeopardy of) life (X in {jeopardy}) {lust} {man} {me} {mind} {mortality} {one} {own} {person} {pleasure} ({her-} {him-} {my-} thy-) {self} them (your) {-selves} + {slay} {soul} + {tablet} {they} {thing} (X she) {will} X would have it.
Brown-Driver-Briggs' Definition
soul, self, life, creature, person, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion, passion

that which breathes, the breathing substance or being, soul, the inner being of man

living being

living being (with life in the blood)

the man himself, self, person or individual

seat of the appetites

seat of emotions and passions

activity of mind

dubious

activity of the will

dubious

activity of the character

dubious

Usage by Word
soul (393), life (86), souls (49), lives (15), persons (14), person (13), heart (12), mind (10), body (8), creature (8), himself (8), yourselves (6), dead (5), desire (5), minds (4), pleasure (4), will (4), any (3), man (3), themselves (3), appetite (2), die (2), ghost (2), he (2), hearts (2), herself (2), him (2), lust (2), slay (2), thing (2), angry (1), beast (1), breath (1), deadly (1), discontented (1), fish (1), greedy (1), hath (1), heart's (1), hearty (1), it (1), jeopardy (1), kill (1), live (1), men (1), mortally (1), myself (1), one (1), own (1), slayeth (1), soul's (1), tablets (1), they (1), thyself (1)
Usage by Book
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Esther, Job, Psalm, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Hosea, Amos, Jonah, Micah, Habakkuk, Haggai, Zechariah

Spirit
Strong's Number
H7307
Original Word
רוּח
Transliterated Word
rûach
Phonetic Spelling
roo'-akh
Parts of Speech
Noun Feminine
Strong's Definition
From H7306; wind; by resemblance {breath} that {is} a sensible (or even violent) exhalation; figuratively {life} anger 6
unsubstantiality; by extension a region of the sky; by resemblance {spirit} but only of a rational being (including its expression and functions): - {air} {anger} {blast} {breath} X {cool} {courage} {mind} X {quarter} X {side} spirit ({[-ual]}) {tempest} X {vain} ([whirl-]) wind (-y).
Brown-Driver-Briggs' Definition
wind, breath, mind, spirit

breath

wind

of heaven

quarter (of wind), side

breath of air

air, gas

vain, empty thing

spirit (as that which breathes quickly in animation or agitation)

spirit, animation, vivacity, vigour

courage

temper, anger

impatience, patience

spirit, disposition (as troubled, bitter, discontented)

disposition (of various kinds), unaccountable or uncontrollable impulse

prophetic spirit

spirit (of the living, breathing being in man and animals)

as gift, preserved by God, God's spirit, departing at death, disembodied being

spirit (as seat of emotion)

desire

sorrow, trouble

spirit

as seat or organ of mental acts

rarely of the will

as seat especially of moral character

Spirit of God, the third person of the triune God, the Holy Spirit, coequal, coeternal with the Father and the Son

as inspiring ecstatic state of prophecy

as impelling prophet to utter instruction or warning

imparting warlike energy and executive and administrative power

as endowing men with various gifts

as energy of life

as manifest in the Shekinah glory

never referred to as a depersonalised force

Usage by Word
spirit (206), wind (76), breath (28), winds (10), mind (5), side (5), spirits (5), blast (4), vain (2), air (1), anger (1), cool (1), courage (1), quarters (1), sides (1), spiritual (1), tempest (1), whirlwind (1), windy (1)
Usage by Book
Genesis, Exodus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Job, Psalm, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Jonah, Micah, Habakkuk, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
How can paradise (heaven) be real if there aint any trapping????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Lol

Discussed this once with someone. Here's the deal:. Heaven will be made up all things good and then some. But there will be no death nor evil.

In short: I personally believe there will be types of hunting, fishing, trapping, etc... Just without death and evil.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by trappertom52
I have seen it taught that plants have a body, animals have a body and spirit and humans have body, spirit and soul.

Triune like our God! made in his image!

It's our soul that makes us immortal.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 02:19 AM

Irony:and sorry if this hijacks thread!

The humanist, globalist, agenda is the reduce human population and move all man to cities so that they can recreate a natural utopia. In a sense worshipping the creation rather than the Creator!

New Heaven: a big city in which all the saved will live in our own palace forever in perfect health (beyond our comprehension) with a purpose!

New earth: perfect and untouched!

Also this earth was created perfect with no technology of any kind nor the need to kill to survive. It suggest we had more of a symbiotic relationship with our surroundings, each other, and other life.

Personally I think we had multiple other senses that allowed for communicating and interacting with all the above.

God didn't create a vehicles or tools. He created animals! In fact, no fossil fuels till after the flood (from all the dead!!)
Posted By: #11

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 02:25 AM

I had an old wise Believer tell me one time, "if the human mind could understand all the things of God, then God would only be as big as the human mind". I think we're all in for a few surprises.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 02:33 AM

As someone posted, the difference is when God breathed live into Adam
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 02:36 AM

I hope so, lotta dogs I'd like to meet again.
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 03:32 AM

Ect 19:3 For what happens to the children of man and what happens to the beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts, for all is vanity.
20All go to one place. All are from the dust, and to dust all return.
21Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down into the earth?

The only difference is man will be resurrected. The bible doesn't say either way that the animals will or not.

My understanding is that there is no going to heaven or "eternal torment" when you die. Just different resurrections. Some good. One is bad.

Christ is bringing the Kingdom here.
Posted By: kyron4

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 03:51 AM

Slippery slope when you bring in faith. That being said, I've watched more than a few people die and a lot of animals, including beloved pets, and never saw a "soul" leave the body. Animals have the same chemical reactions in their brain that creates personality and individualism as humans; dog are a perfect example. I think dead is dead, like before you were born, nothing, non existent; but if we have a "soul" then so do animals.

I also think heaven , based on the Bible, would have to either include past pets or you would have no memory of them; as there is no sorrow or longing in heaven. So If I got to heaven and my childhood dog wasn't there, the thought would bring me sorrow in way. If your old dog was there, whether it really is your dog's soul in heavenly form or a type of facsimile, like a "prop" , for the purpose of fulfillment and happiness is not for me to say. How many times have you told a child their dead pet is in heaven now ? I believe the Bible states in heaven we will not long for things of the world, as the world is sin, so I take it to mean we won't know trapping, racing cars, football, etc. but only the glory of God.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
I'd like to say that as far as animals being in heaven to me is not as problematic as the reincarnation of grandma into becoming a cow. I can see how that might upset the market for Big Macs. Even some Christians are a little squeamish when using the wine and bread as symbols in taking Communion.

Are symbols an idea or picture of something that is real I mean how significant would the Eagle be as a symbol for the US if we had none. I think if we had none then we would probably use something we had, maybe an Owl.

So if Jesus is coming back on a white horse from Heaven where did he pick up the horse. Yes learned people say that is only a symbol of power or a parable if you will. But since God can not lie why would he use a symbol of a horse if it were not at least possible. This entry will be different than the one on the donkey.

In the church its often talked about, "The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together, and a little child shall lead them."
This they put in the millennium as a forward place to be attained, so people think they can usher in a new age on their own by acting accordingly.

And as always I do not mind debate.

"Turn your radio on and listen to the music in the air "

You are under the impression that a horse has to die for the Creator of all to have one?

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 12:37 PM

The concept of the White Horse is not mine. Nor is the 4 horsemen. The winners of battle would do do a victory lap on a white horse, how much victory would it be if the horse dropped dead? I think many in the old thinking still believe the sheep die for the shepherd, instead of "The New Deal" in which the shepherd died for the sheep. And by the way, the new deal isn't the one from the depression era.

The Sunday school teacher asked the children "What do you have to do to go to Heaven". One little boy thought a while and said "You have to die".

Nor was it my concept for an animal to die in the garden to replace the fig leaves with the skin which was a act unto the future what the second Adam would do for mankind. The sacrifice of animals was only a picture of the future. The animal was not equal to the first Adam when he was in his sinless state so the animal sacrifice was left wanting. The sinless Second Adam did provide the redeeming qualities to needed to full fill the laws of life for life and blood for blood. Justice for mankind would not have been satisfied without a equal, of which the second Adam provided. Another sign of the future redemption was the silver sockets in which the moveable tabernacle was set on. Also a sign that God does dwell among his Redeemed.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 01:43 PM

The concept of the White Horse is not mine. Nor is the 4 horsemen. The winners of battle would do do a victory lap on a white horse, how much victory would it be if the horse dropped dead?

I must have missed something. Why would a horse from heaven ever die? I have no doubt there will be animals in heaven and the new earth. It will not be the same system we have here where they eat each other, as death will be done away with.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 04:06 PM

Kid from heaven is real, says animals and pets are there

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 06:43 PM

A.I. is the new world where nothing dies
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 06:45 PM

But since God can not lie why would he use a symbol of a horse if it were not at least possible.

If you know me by now, you know I can’t let this go.

Luke 24:13-33

Clearly that act of holding (in the context) is for the purpose of deception. There are many synonyms for deception.

Go.
Posted By: nyhuntfish

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 06:54 PM

Animals have souls.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 07:25 PM

What say you?

Stupid question

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 08:19 PM

What do you mean Les-All animals have a soul-an arse soul.
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/11/19 11:07 PM

What do you mean Les-All animals have a soul-an arse soul.

Haven't read that in the bible. That must be from the Canadian
version.
Posted By: Patrice

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/12/19 12:16 AM

Anyone can see that dogs and chickens go to heaven and the other fate is reserved for arachnids and cats. laugh
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/12/19 12:57 AM

Oh Patrice, I thought you loved cats, lol.
Posted By: Patrice

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/12/19 01:17 AM

laugh

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/12/19 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
But since God can not lie why would he use a symbol of a horse if it were not at least possible.

If you know me by now, you know I can’t let this go.

Luke 24:13-33

Clearly that act of holding (in the context) is for the purpose of deception. There are many synonyms for deception.

Go.

Well actually I don't know you. You hop around more than Philip the evangelist, lol. It seems like your always covering new ground. I'm not so much deceived as confused. I don't know if your asking a question or making a statement!
Posted By: Castormound

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/12/19 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by tomahawker
Pet people have lived off the farm and ranch too long, in their separation from daily contact with animals they misplace judgment, feelings and respect. Ever notice they invariably talk too them like babies. It’s embarrassing

Well, my dog says you're wrong!!!
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/12/19 03:17 AM

YES!!!!!!!, theres no way that the lord created something as beautiful as a loving hound,,,and not give it a reward.
Posted By: Big George W

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/12/19 03:26 AM

Once again, I am finding myself backing Bocco.... as I feel he is right on the money here.

I actually did get to see a human perish, a loved one - and man, it was horrible - but immediately afterwards I muttered to no one in particular "Holy S_ _ _, there really is life after death" and to this day I cannot explain why I muttered those words [this was in a hospital by the way... while I was by myself with the soul departed body...]

As far as animals, Bocco's first statement regarding mammals - again, I agree with that statement 100 % and can't see why it wouldn't hold true to [the animals] if it indeed holds true to us humans.

Somewhere in the bible it states that we will be judged on the way we treated [our animals]....

Now - when I took my CT Trapping License classes - the instructor was very stern in telling us that from the moment we construct our sets, we have an obligation to have the animals welfare completely at heart, and that we owe it to that animal to treat it was humanely as possible, including a quick and proper dispatch.

I personally believe that all living things great and small exist for a reason, and that we humans are obligated to maintain proper balance and quality of life when it comes to our animal pals.
I believe in the traditional farms, but I am very much against the factory farms - but I also understand that they [factory farms] exist because the human population is inching ever so closer to 7 billion people if it's not there already, and there's no other choice when it comes to feeding the masses.

So yes, I'm going with they do have souls.
This is why we never take them for granted, or exploit them or allow their numbers to become unsustainable.

I know my views are a bit different than most here, but I am a firm believer that if we do not help Mother Nature maintain proper balance and sustainable populations of wildlife, then the animals will suffer beyond belief, and to me - it is the role of the trapper and hunter to help Mother Nature along, all the same while providing use of the pelts, meat, etc... so the animal was not killed for nothing.

Although I have no Native American Indian in me, I still feel a real closeness to how they regarded Mother Earth and all she had to offer.....
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/12/19 04:47 PM

Dogs better go to heaven. I want to see all mine when I end up there.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/12/19 04:55 PM

Hmmm, so God's love will not be enough in heaven. You'll need the love of your pets too? Seems to be slighting the Almighty a bit.
Posted By: Ronaround

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/12/19 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Big George W

Once again, I am finding myself backing Bocco.... as I feel he is right on the money here.

I actually did get to see a human perish, a loved one - and man, it was horrible - but immediately afterwards I muttered to no one in particular "Holy S_ _ _, there really is life after death" and to this day I cannot explain why I muttered those words [this was in a hospital by the way... while I was by myself with the soul departed body...]

As far as animals, Bocco's first statement regarding mammals - again, I agree with that statement 100 % and can't see why it wouldn't hold true to [the animals] if it indeed holds true to us humans.

Somewhere in the bible it states that we will be judged on the way we treated [our animals]....

Now - when I took my CT Trapping License classes - the instructor was very stern in telling us that from the moment we construct our sets, we have an obligation to have the animals welfare completely at heart, and that we owe it to that animal to treat it was humanely as possible, including a quick and proper dispatch.

I personally believe that all living things great and small exist for a reason, and that we humans are obligated to maintain proper balance and quality of life when it comes to our animal pals.
I believe in the traditional farms, but I am very much against the factory farms - but I also understand that they [factory farms] exist because the human population is inching ever so closer to 7 billion people if it's not there already, and there's no other choice when it comes to feeding the masses.

So yes, I'm going with they do have souls.
This is why we never take them for granted, or exploit them or allow their numbers to become unsustainable.

I know my views are a bit different than most here, but I am a firm believer that if we do not help Mother Nature maintain proper balance and sustainable populations of wildlife, then the animals will suffer beyond belief, and to me - it is the role of the trapper and hunter to help Mother Nature along, all the same while providing use of the pelts, meat, etc... so the animal was not killed for nothing.

Although I have no Native American Indian in me, I still feel a real closeness to how they regarded Mother Earth and all she had to offer.....

Right On BIG GEORGE ^^^ i think you say what i believe also. God Gave us the animals and in our care. use them but dont be cruel to them.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/12/19 06:13 PM

In the Book of Tobit why didn't the dog have a name?
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/12/19 09:30 PM

All life is organic matter and thus has an after life, given the opportunity to do so. The gas we use to drive around arguing about if animals have souls or not was refined from oil created from OM that died eons ago. It is us humans who choose to box ourselves up in caskets and thus not go back to some other organic form of life. I have made arrangements to have my ashes spread so they can do just that. As to souls? I don't know and I need to spend more time on mine than worry about others.

Bryce
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/12/19 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by foxkidd44
YES!!!!!!!, theres no way that the lord created something as beautiful as a loving hound,,,and not give it a reward.

So, if you believe in Christianity, where in the Bible do you find the backing to make that so? To answer the OP's question, I say no if you are a Christian believer and yes, if you believe in certain Pagan religions.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/12/19 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
Hmmm, so God's love will not be enough in heaven. You'll need the love of your pets too? Seems to be slighting the Almighty a bit.

My thoughts also. Trying to place worldly possessions, loves, etc. in heaven is only an attempt to try to explain heaven. I believe the joy of a pet will be present but not the pet.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/12/19 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

I think as Christians we miss this part of Heaven sometimes

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/12/19 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi
All life is organic matter and thus has an after life, given the opportunity to do so. The gas we use to drive around arguing about if animals have souls or not was refined from oil created from OM that died eons ago. It is us humans who choose to box ourselves up in caskets and thus not go back to some other organic form of life. I have made arrangements to have my ashes spread so they can do just that. As to souls? I don't know and I need to spend more time on mine than worry about others.

Bryce

Are you saying energy equals mass x speed of light squared ?

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/12/19 11:26 PM

Back in some of the wars when they had steam engine trains they burned literally tens of thousands of Egyptian mummies to fuel their trains.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/13/19 01:14 AM

No, I am just stating that from my perspective organic matter decomposes and does have the opportunity to become part or parts of other organisms given the opportunity to do so. Things like how soil gets made and other natural organic cycles. For those that are more interested in studying other thoughts on this reading up on Hinduism will give you their beliefs on after lives.

Bryce
Posted By: Nd native

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/13/19 01:19 AM

All animals should be harvested with respect. 99% of us on this forum do just that. Probably another 50% of us say thanks to some sort of higher being for the animal who's life we are ending. Nothing wrong with saying thanks. Whether or not you believe the animal has a soul or not.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/13/19 01:31 AM

No, I am just stating that from my perspective organic matter decomposes and does have the opportunity to become part or parts of other organisms given the opportunity to do so. Things like how soil gets made and other natural organic cycles. For those that are more interested in studying other thoughts on this reading up on Hinduism will give you their beliefs on after lives.

Bryce

Bryce isn't it the Hindu's goal not to be reincarnated? When that's achieved, if I remember right, you have entered heaven. Seems as if I read that somewhere.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/13/19 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by J Staton

Bryce

Bryce isn't it the Hindu's goal not to be reincarnated? When that's achieved, if I remember right, you have entered heaven. Seems as if I read that somewhere.

Hinduism seeks release from reincarnation. It is called "Moksha" Moksha is achieved once your soul has achieved ultimate freedom. Animals are far from the top of the pyramid of achieving moksha (release). In Hinduism humans seek release from reincarnation by good deeds. Hinduism does not believe in heaven. Heaven is christian.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/13/19 01:56 AM

I didn't believe in re-incarnation in my last life and I don't believe in it in this one either.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/13/19 01:58 AM

I didn't believe in re-incarnation in my last life and I don't believe in it in this one either.

I get you Boco. laugh

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/13/19 01:58 AM

Didn't know the proper name so just referred to it as heaven. Thanks for the lesson ND Native.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/13/19 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by J Staton
Didn't know the proper name so just referred to it as heaven. Thanks for the lesson ND Native.

No prob. I was forced to learn about the world's different religions. Not something I want to repeat. Lol

Each and everyone of us has our own opinion on what (or if anything) lies beyond. None of us will ever know if the other is correct. None.
Posted By: Deerhunter51

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/13/19 02:31 AM

I say "No" but if animals do go to heaven I hope they don't have voting rights 'cause if they do none of us on here are probably getting in...

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/13/19 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Deerhunter51
I say "No" but if animals do go to heaven I hope they don't have voting rights 'cause if they do none of us on here are probably getting in...
rational line of thought there. Actually made laugh out loud when I read it.
Posted By: Jarhead620

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/13/19 05:48 PM

No, and I don't believe humans do either. We are all animals after all.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? - 08/14/19 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
I dont think humans have an afterlife but if they do I think animals do as well.

I hope not. I worry I will meet up with all the animals I have killed in the afterlife and they will take revenge on me.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums