Home

WISCONSIN TMAN FEED - UPDATED WITH PHOTOS !!!

Posted By: Patrice

WISCONSIN TMAN FEED - UPDATED WITH PHOTOS !!! - 08/11/19 12:07 PM

The Wisconsin Trapperman Feed is coming up on FRIDAY, SEPT 6th at our convention in Marshfield and it’s time to get organized!

Everyone is welcome! If you are reading this thread, we'd love to see you there!

You can drop off food and supplies off at the check in table at the northeast corner of the north horse barn. Zim and I will be up there by Thursday late afternoon to start getting things set up for Friday.

I will post the Master List here and update it as we get commitments from everybody. Please post if you can bring food, beverages, etc and/or if you can help us in labor camp with cooking, serving or cleanup for the Feed on Friday or cleanup on Saturday.

Please do me a favor – when you post or PM that you can bring something, try to mention an approximate amount or number. That will help a lot with our planning.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

WTA TRAPPERMAN FEED MASTER LIST:
Here is what everyone is bringing or helping with so far …

LABOR CAMP WORKERS:
Patrice, Zim, Alex the dog, Macthediver, Jesse S. (lurker), Wayne W. (black sheep lurker), Nute, Black and tan, Tommy R. (black sheep lurker), Mat P. (black sheep lurker), Renee D. (lurker)

MEAT DISHES:
Greg Schroeder & Fur Harvesters Auction – 20 lbs pit ham
Patrice & Zim – 100 wild turkey kabobs
Black and tan – 40 lbs fish, batter, a few gallons oil
Fishdog One – 10 dozen hamburger buns
Wheelers – 6 dozen brats with buns
nute – 3 rings venison bologna
Macthediver – 40 brat patties
Renee D. (lurker) – 2 dozen hot dogs and buns

SIDES & SALADS:
Greg Schroeder & Fur Harvesters Auction – 10 lbs macaroni salad, 5 lbs cheddar broccoli pasta salad
Howard F. (black sheep lurker) –– roaster full of baked beans
Black and tan – 2-3 gallons coleslaw
nute – world famous taco salad
zim – dozen garden tomatoes
Eagleye – 4 bags potato chips, 4 quarts assorted pickles
Tammy B (lurker) – pot of scalloped potatoes
Birdman382 – 15 lbs garden potatoes
tlguy – 3 dozen sweet corn
K snow – the best string cheese in the world

DESSERTS:
Wissmiss –– 150 mini cupcakes (plus special treats for Labor Camp workers!)
tlguy – pan of dessert bars
zim – 2 delicious pies
trifle angel – her famous magical trifle
Black and Tan & Kris (lurker) – 4 pans of brownies

CONDIMENTS, ETC:
Patrice & Zim – salt & pepper, 1 bottle ketchup, 4 bottles tartar sauce

BEVERAGES:
Mat P. (black sheep lurker) –– Jug of home brewed iced tea
Kevin Stake –– 48 waters (in a cooler with ice)
Deerfly –– some beer for the Feed
Renee D. (lurker) – case of water

SERVINGWARE & CONSUMABLES:
Brocky – foil serving pans with lids
Bill W (lurker) – 500 napkins
Patrice & Zim – paper plates, dessert plates, forks, knives, spoons - all left from last year
Eagleye – 6 rolls paper towels

EQUIPMENT, COOKING UTENSILS & SUPPLIES:
Patrice & Zim – cutting boards, serving bowls, hot pads, towels, trivets, can opener, knife sharpener, scrubbing pads, dish brushes, grill lighters, measuring cup, serving spoons, serving forks, tongs, prep knives, bus bins, coolers, gallon freezer bags, tall kitchen bags, 5 big garbage bags, aluminum foil, plastic wrap, dish detergent, hand sanitizer, hand wipes, charcoal lighter fluid, 100', 50' and 25' extension cords, power strip, 3-way heavy gauge pony tail, Feed Donation Jar, raffle ticket jar, raffle tickets for free door prizes, clicker to count people served, paper plates and plasticware from last year, fly swatters!
WTA D9 – The WTA D9 MONSTER GRILL!
Macthediver – his usual backup equipment, 2 LP cookers with tall baskets and fish fry baskets, remaining 3 roasters for warming brats, dogs, kabobs, etc.
Alex the dog – cooler, propane cooker with propane tank, second cooler for corn, 2 fire extinguishers
Black and tan – turkey cooker and pot, 3 coolers with ice, 1 roaster, 2 folding tables
RdFx – 2 heavy gauge extension cords
Kevin Stake –– a cooler with ice
tlguy – propane cooker and tank, turkey size pot, basket with hook and thermometer
K snow – propane cooker, 2 turkey size pots, hook, thermometer, 2-burner propane cook top and 2 tanks
Bill W (lurker) – Nesco roaster

DOOR PRIZES for GIVEAWAY DURING FEED:
Alex the dog – some door prizes
Macthediver – a couple of his custom dog proof trap setters
Deerfly – $100 MTP gift certifcate

CASH DONATIONS:
swift4me – $40
Hodagtrapper – $50

shocked THE WANT LIST shocked
We are planning for 300 people. We need:

MEAT:
a couple more gallons of oil for fish

SIDES & SALADS:
cucumber salad
any good melon, cantaloupe, fruit

DESSERTS:
Done!

BEVERAGES:
24 more waters, in coolers if possible
72 assorted sodas, in coolers if possible

CONDIMENTS:
4 pounds butter
Zim and I will pick up the remaining condiments with cash donations (horseradish, BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustards, kraut, mayo, onions)

SERVINGWARE & CONSUMABLE SUPPLIES:
Done!

EQUIPMENT & COOKING UTENSILS:
(I think we're good here!)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

MAKE SURE ANY EQUIPMENT, SERVING PIECES, UTENSILS, ETC. THAT YOU ARE TAKING BACK HOME ARE LABELED WELL!!!
PLEASE DO NOT DROP OFF INGREDIENTS THAT WE NEED TO INVENT A RECIPE FOR! (SORRY, NO TIME!!!)

THANKS!!!!!!!!
Can’t wait to see everyone!
Patrice

Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/11/19 01:17 PM

I've got the cheese balls and crackers, and maybe a bit of skeeter pee for the workers.

Because this is also a fund raiser, I'll stick it to the top early so you'll not need to TTT it. I'll probably do this with all Trapperman feeds from now on. A month of glue.

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/11/19 09:04 PM

Thanks Paul! Thanks for the glue and the cheese balls and the skeeter pee. All wonderful!

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/11/19 09:18 PM

Thanks in advance to all of the Labor Camp workers who have stepped up already, including:

Zim,
Alex the dog
Macthediver
Jesse S.
Wayne W.
Nute
Black and tan
Tommy R.
Mat P.

Thank you, Alex the dog, for already volunteering to bring your turkey cooker and propane and cooler and door prizes! You are always a huge help!

Thank you, Wissmiss, for the incredible cupcakes. The special ones for Labor Camp disappeared last year in an instant. I am sworn not to photograph Labor Camp workers when they are attacking the cupcakes, but I can tell you it was a sight to behold!

Thank you Howard, for your baked beans, delivered hot every year! We love them!

grin
Posted By: black and tan

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/12/19 12:57 AM

Patrice we will bring coleslaw and fish if that is ok and I also can bringva turkey fryer and a clean pot

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/12/19 01:19 AM

Absolutely, Jason! When you can, give me a rough amount on the fish. Thanks!

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/12/19 06:49 PM

How much you want I was figuring 40 lbs and coleslaw
Posted By: Fishdog One

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/12/19 09:52 PM

I will bring 10 dozen hamburger buns for putting some kind of meat in. Looking forward to getting to this one.
Mark Fischer

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/12/19 11:58 PM

Wow! What kind of fish is that, Jason? You must be having a good summer! We'll take you up on it for sure.

Fishdog, that will be wonderful. We will have plenty of things to put on those, including Black and tan's fish! Thanks!
Posted By: tlguy

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/13/19 08:57 PM

I can bring the sweet corn. I imagine y'all have a method to cook it?

Put me down for a pan of dessert bars of some sort, too. Gotta get the wife involved somehow!
Posted By: nute

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/13/19 11:56 PM

how about a taco salad
Posted By: Alex the dog

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/14/19 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by tlguy
I can bring the sweet corn. I imagine y'all have a method to cook it?

Patrice - if we want to boil some water, pour over the corn in a cooler and let sit for a while to cook, I would bring a second cooler for this purpose.

Dave

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/15/19 01:19 AM

Thanks guys - all good! I'll be back in town and catch up the list later this week.
Posted By: Zim

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/16/19 12:49 AM

I will again bring 2 delicious pies and a dozen garden tomatoes.

Zim

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/18/19 01:34 PM

Just catching up here ...

Thanks, Tlguy! Yep, for the corn, we usually cook it in a propane cooker and store it hot in a cooler. Thanks for the bars too!

Nute, we would love to have your taco salad there! It's always wonderful. Thanks!

Alex the dog, one way or another, we can use a clean cooler for the corn. Thanks!

I added the pies to the list, my Zimbo, but remember, your garden tomatoes have to get past me to reach the Feed! laugh

Brocky, I will get downstairs to take inventory in the next couple of days, I promise! Thanks!

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/18/19 01:36 PM

The Master List is up to date!

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/18/19 05:42 PM

Thanks for the brats and buns, Wheelers!

The Master List is updated.
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/19/19 12:05 PM

Patrice,
I will bring:
(4) Bags of Potato Chips
(4) Quarts of Assorted Pickles

How about beer for the labor camp workers?

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/19/19 01:48 PM

Thanks, Eagleye! And the Labor Camp workers will appreciate any beer contributions!

Thanks Mat P (black sheep lurker) for that home brewed iced tea!

I am constantly updating the Master List and the Want list above. I will get caught up soon!

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/19/19 10:51 PM

Patrice I will bring a turkey fryer and roaster for the fish. Just looking for a good batter or breading recipe if you have or know of any I will get the stuff it walleye. Thanks in advance

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/20/19 12:02 AM

Another huge thanks to you Black and tan! 40 lbs of walleye fillets and a couple of gallons of coleslaw, plus batter, a couple gallons of oil, 3 coolers, a propane cooker, a roaster ... and a partridge in a pear tree. laugh grin Wow! Thanks again!
Posted By: nute

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/22/19 12:44 PM

Howdy all, tammy bauer will bring pot of scollop potatoes. And I have three rings of venison baloney . nute

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/22/19 01:27 PM

Thanks, Nute! I updated the Master List.

And send my thanks to Tammy!

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/22/19 05:27 PM

Put me down for the two fire extinguishers.

Dave

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/22/19 09:14 PM

Thanks, Dave! And thanks, Mac for your usual stuff!

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/23/19 05:25 PM

Thank you, Trifle Angel, for your wonderful, fluffy, heavenly trifle! grin
Posted By: Birdman382

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/25/19 03:28 AM

Those potatoes can they just be potatoes or do they need to be cooked. Maybe I can dig some by then. I will check to see how they are.

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/25/19 01:28 PM

Hey Birdman, they can be uncooked. We'll get them cut up and put them in a turkey cooker. Let us know if you have some and how many pounds - thanks!
Posted By: Birdman382

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/25/19 09:08 PM

Patrice I have the potatoes, I just dug them. They are white russert. they all look white but not sure if some are yukon gold. Most a oblong some of the nicer one are round with smoother skin. I have a four gallon pail almost full, weight is over 15 pounds. I will bring them when I come in the morning. I go by Birdman but my name is Larry and I am from Winona MN. I just love the feed you put on. If I have time I will help out. I like to visit the vendors as I have known them for years. Thank You If you need to call me call 507-458-7573

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/25/19 10:29 PM

Thanks for the potatoes, Larry! We'll look forward to seeing you!

The Master List is updated.
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/25/19 10:48 PM

Patrice, My wife and I will donate 48 waters and a cooler with ice. See ya then. Kevin

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/26/19 12:29 AM

Thanks, Kevin! We sure appreciate it!

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/26/19 07:33 PM

I'll bring a propane cooker (tank and base only unless you need a pot as well) and a few door prizes.

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/26/19 11:13 PM

Thanks, Tlguy! I do think we could use the pot if you have it. Let me know, okay?

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/26/19 11:17 PM

Let me see what I have handy. Pretty sure I have a taller pot (think turkey size) and a smaller one with a basket for fish and such.
Posted By: k snow

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/26/19 11:25 PM

I can bring a burner and a pot or two if needed. Might even be able to get a 2 burner propane cooker if needed.

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/26/19 11:35 PM

Tlguy and K snow, I'll take you both up on those. If you can bringwhat you just mentioned, we'll be all set. Let me know for sure what you have before I take it off the Want List. - Thanks!

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/27/19 03:40 AM

I was able to track down my big pot (turkey size) and a basket with a hook and thermometer. I'll bring it along with a cooker and propane tank. Could be used for fish or corn or whatever.
Posted By: k snow

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/27/19 10:49 AM

Patrice, I will bring a turkey cooker, two pots (turkey size also), basket, hook, thermometer, a 2 burner propane cook top and two propane tanks.

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/28/19 12:51 AM

Tlguy and K snow, thanks so much for all of that! That takes care of the propane cooker category!

The Master List has been updated.

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/28/19 08:52 PM

Brocky, thanks for coming through with the foil serving pans for us!

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/30/19 12:39 PM

Thanks, Bill W - D5 lurker, for the napkins and a Nesco roaster! We sure appreciate it!

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 08/31/19 07:25 PM

I just updated the Master List and the Want List. Please post if you can bring something - Thanks!

If you are a lurker and would like to let us know you'll bring something, you can reach me via the WTA email at

district9@wistrap.org

That forwards to my email at home!
Patrice
Posted By: deerfly

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/02/19 03:18 AM

Ill do a 100$ Mtp gift certificate for a raffle prize. And some beer to drink for the feed. Hopfully i can get my wife and girls to go! Otherwise ill need help drinking the beer! See you next weekend!

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/02/19 01:12 PM

Thanks, Deerfly! That's a great prize!

And thank you, Macthediver, for your equipment and for your dog-proof setters. That's the only kind I carry. They work great!

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/03/19 08:59 PM

Thank you to Greg Schroeder and Fur Harvesters Auction for the pit ham and pasta salads. You guys are always the glue that holds this thing together. We cannot thank you enough for being there every year to see what else we need and make sure it happens!

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/03/19 09:00 PM

Thanks, K snow for the best string cheese in the world. I will have to sneak some of that before the Feed!

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/04/19 02:31 PM

Thank you, Renee D. for the hot dogs, buns and water, and for being our newest addition to Labor Camp! Welcome!
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/05/19 03:40 PM

I will pick up the (6) rolls of paper towels also.
Bob

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/05/19 03:58 PM

Thanks, Eagleye!

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/05/19 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Patrice
Thank you, Renee D. for the hot dogs, buns and water, and for being our newest addition to Labor Camp! Welcome!

A Newbie! Just don't offer to help Nute string the electrical cords. grin

Dave

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/05/19 06:56 PM

Too funny! Renee expressed an interest in meeting the highest quality people at the convention, which would naturally draw one to Labor Camp. laugh

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/06/19 12:15 AM

Thank you, Kris the lurker, for 4 pans of brownies! And for all the work you and Jason are doing!

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/07/19 02:08 AM

Wow, I'm pooped! grin I just want to report we had a wonderful event with fantastic people. We fed 300 people and raised $730 which we split $365 for the WTA and $365 for the Trapperman Discretionary Fund. Everyone took photos with my camera and I'll get a chance to get those on here after we get done with things here.

We missed you, Paul! We hope you are doing well!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Patrice

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/07/19 04:06 AM

WOW, it looks like you fed a lot of folks. I sure missed being there. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. I know y'all did a great job and the folks had a great meal.
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 12:22 AM

Great food and a great crew that make it all happen. Thanks too all of you, and Patrice and Zim.

Kevin & Jenni Stake

PS. the fish was awesome.

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 01:27 AM

We're home but not exactly unpacked! I have a bunch of photos though. It worked out nicely that I left my camera out for anyone to grab and take photos, and boy were those guys busy!

Here we go ...

First, as we were getting ready for the day, we picked up the beautiful cupcakes donated by Wissmiss
[Linked Image]
Notice the empty wrapper. I did not do that.
[Linked Image]

And the secret treats she ordered exclusively for Labor Camp
[Linked Image]
Again, empty paper in the box. I saw nothing.

On the left is one of our new Labor Camp members, Renee. She's a D9 black sheep and lurker and joined our group this year. It was wonderful to have her onboard! Renee and I may have started the cupcake quality control while Zim attempted to look innocent.
[Linked Image]
They were delicious, Nancy, and everyone loved them!

Here is Labor Camp getting an early start. Wayne (D9 black sheep lurker) on the left and Macthediver and his son Jesse (lurker) on the right.
[Linked Image]

This is Mat (D9 black sheep lurker) sporting his new bison vest. Nice!
[Linked Image]

Labor Camp getting brats, brat patties and dogs off the grill. From left to right: Nute, Jesse (lurker) and Wayne (D9 lurker).
[Linked Image]

Here is Macthediver grilling more stuff.
[Linked Image]

This is Black and tan, also a D9 black sheep.
[Linked Image]

At this point, Alex the dog had the camera and was trying to catch me stressing out over inventory.
[Linked Image]

He got this nice photo of our door prizes that were all donated.
[Linked Image]

Mac and Jesse, father and son. Labor Camp veterans.
[Linked Image]

Left to right: Sandy (lurker) who helps us many years, and Renee (D9 lurker).
[Linked Image]

Labor Camp firing up the propane cookers, cooking corn and potatoes and getting ready to fry 40 lbs of walleye fillets.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Zim grilled up the wild turkey kabobs.
[Linked Image]

Here is Bear (lurker). He is our first guy in line every year!
[Linked Image]

And a big line is forming behind him ...
[Linked Image]

The food is getting lined up. Pickles
[Linked Image]

Lots of great coleslaw
[Linked Image]

To be continued ...

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 01:27 AM

... and here is some more of the food! Chips and maters
[Linked Image]

pasta salads
[Linked Image]

deviled eggs
[Linked Image]

taco salad
[Linked Image]

baked beans
[Linked Image]

scalloped potatoes and ham
[Linked Image]

garden potatoes, doused in butter
[Linked Image]

great sweet corn
[Linked Image]

wild turkey kabobs
[Linked Image]

ham
[Linked Image]

brats and dogs
[Linked Image]

goose sausage
[Linked Image]

wonderful grapes
[Linked Image]

and desserts! Wonderful pumpkin bars
[Linked Image]

trifle made by an angel
[Linked Image]

more wonderful bars
[Linked Image]

lots of brownies
[Linked Image]

and pies!
[Linked Image]

More people lining up
[Linked Image]

Labor Camp kicking it into high gear. On the left is Kris (lurker) on her second year with us, and in the plaid shirt is another new Labor Camp member this year, K snow!
[Linked Image]

to be continued ...

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 01:28 AM

People starting to sit down and eat
[Linked Image]

and they keep coming through the line
[Linked Image]

Dan Carroll with his coveted stainless feed tray
[Linked Image]

Alex the dog starting to call out door prize ticket numbers
[Linked Image]

Lots of people eating and winning prizes
[Linked Image]

Here's two characters: A5cents and Zim
[Linked Image]

The Volkers missed the Feed but showed up to say hello
[Linked Image]

Labor Camp working on dishes into the evening
[Linked Image]

and here's a photo I took this morning of Alex the dog, who was behind the camera for many of the photos yesterday
[Linked Image]

and Tommy (D9 black sheep lurker), another Labor Camp veteran
[Linked Image]

and the last things to get loaded into the truck after final cleanup this morning - including my flowers from Zim's garden!
[Linked Image]

We missed you Paul! Hopefully this will make you - and everyone else - feel like you were there!
grin

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 01:35 AM

Thanks to everyone who made this a success! grin

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 02:06 AM

Big thanks to you Patrice for organizing another great feast! And another big thanks to the labor camp workers and everyone who brought the delicious food. Already looking forward to next year!
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 02:07 AM

That food looks amazing! Thank you Patrice and Zim for organizing this yearly event! All the Labor Camp workers provide the time and effort to bring it all together on the plate! The WTA and the discretionary fund here on Trapperman are much stronger as a result.

Chris

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 02:11 AM

Thanks, Tlguy for the food and equipment, and for manning the clicker for me too! Your sweet corn was a huge hit!

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 02:13 AM

Hodag, it was nice to see you for a while. We wish you could have stayed for the Feed. Thanks for the cash contribution too. We used that for store runs in the afternoon!
Posted By: Sharon

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 02:31 AM

My goodness !!! Look at that beauty of an event ! The people, the loving work prepared by so many....the food !

Another delightful success , Patrice and crew ....see what many hands together enjoying friendship for the common cause can do .

I like the ambiance of those nice wood slider door horse stalls, making the perfect country backdrop smile

Ya done good , Chickie ! Great to see your smilin face !

Ya'll pulled off another great one.

Thanks to the ones who took all those great photos for us to enjoy .

Organization and cooperation in fine form.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 02:46 AM

Now that’s a feed ! Holy smokes ! Did Les make an appearance ?

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 02:58 AM

No, he couldn't make it so we had to carry on without him. We had a great time, big crowd and the weather was perfect, 68° and sunny.

Zim
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 03:07 AM

I was surprised to see 300 people fed....and only 750.00.....that’s like 2.50 per plate ? What am I missing ? You guys out did yourself for sure.

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 03:10 AM

Some of the clicks towards the end of the feast were folks that came through for a second plate, or a third.

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 12:35 PM

Thanks for the pictures. Y'all had yourselves a great time for a great cause. I could almost smell the food shown in the pics. I'm hoping next year the weather will cooperate, and I'll be able to join y'all. Thanks for sharing the event through pictures.

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 02:00 PM

Hey Sharon! Wish we could beam you there too! You would be right at home in our venue. Everyone sure works hard and the people involved make it worthwhile to do this.

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
I was surprised to see 300 people fed....and only 750.00.....that’s like 2.50 per plate ? What am I missing ? You guys out did yourself for sure.

Wish you could be there, Nessy!!! It's not exactly a per plate charge. Everyone donates in different ways. If we need money to pay out for additional supplies it comes out of the cash donations as well. People show up with all kinds of foods and door prizes with monetary value, and they contribute supplies and lots of hard work too. Then they also toss money in the donation jar. We have campers there who don't own computers and have never been on Trapperman and just put cash in the jar on their way through the line. Some people bring a bunch of wonderful homemade food and throw a dollar in the jar. It all works out to a really nice time with great food and a boost for the Discretionary Fund on top of it. It all works in the end.

Paul, we had a mission to take lots of pictures for you. Your ears should have been ringing. Lots of people were concerned and asked about you, including the vendors who are your neighbors in your building. We all had fingers crossed that you would wouldn't end up with a big mess and extended power outage. And a few wise acres suggested that you should have used overnight shipping to send smoked salmon balls and skeeter pee. laugh We sure did have the weather cooperate on our end this year. Hopefully it will do the same on your end!

One of the best things for me was a couple of guys coming through the line who said this event is the best part of the convention because of the camaraderie. When we start serving at 5:00 as the vendors close, even the folks heading to the auction at 7:00 have a two hour window to pig out, relax and talk to trappers and maybe win something too!

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck

Well, all the supplies, additional food, propane etc. comes out of the gross proceeds and add up pretty quick. Also as Patrice said, many folks at the feed had generous donations
of food and supplies so maybe did not put much in the jar.
All in all this whole shebang is intended to get a lot of like minded individuals together to meet each other, shoot the breeze and has formed more than a few friendships over the years.
If'n we make a few dollars for a good cause that is just a plus.

Zim
Posted By: redsnow

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 03:22 PM

Hmmm, looks like you went to the family reunion and a trap convention broke out. Looks like you had a good turnout.

Thinking about the money donated per person fed, $5 per head would be dirt cheap to walk that line of food.

Nice putting a face to the name of some of the regular T-man folks. But I don't see Frank, from what he said on Hal's site, he was to be working the gate.

I bought my raffle tickets, ain't nobody called and that's good. I sent the $20 as a donation anyway.

Congratulations and thanks for putting on a great feed.

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 04:02 PM

Isn't it about time you and Zim headed north Patrice?

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Alex the dog
Originally Posted by Patrice

A Newbie! Just don't offer to help Nute string the electrical cords. grin

Dave

Well this occurred a few years ago when Dave (aka Alex the Dog) showed up and offered his soul to the T-Man Labor Camp.
After the traditional blood letting and secret handshakes Nute sent him on a snipe hunt for non existing electrical cords that he
proclaimed were in the center of the horse barn which is control center of our feed. However the cords were not in place and Dave
was sent on a nonproductive adventure.
I was somewhat dismayed by Nute's sense of humor as Alex the Dog is about 6' 6" tall and has a wing span of around 8 and a half
feet and was the only one in camp that could stand flat footed in the camp that could plug in extension cords. (apparently horses can
cause problems with outlets that are less than 9 feet above hoof elevation)
Thanks for being such a trooper Dave and thank you to all the Labor Camp Workers, new and old for making the Feed go around every year!

Zim
Posted By: Boco

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/08/19 10:18 PM

Looks like a great event,the grub looks fantastic.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/09/19 04:29 AM

Holy cow! I would have driven all the way to Wisconsin just for some of those cupcakes! You guys are lucky!
Posted By: Dan Parson

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/09/19 07:34 AM

The feed was awesome!! it just keeps getting better every year! Thanks to everyone who helped put this on!!!

Also, a big thank you goes out to Deerfly for the $100 MTP gift certificate I won, been a long while since I won something this nice in a raffle! laugh

Dan

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/09/19 12:31 PM

Hey Redsnow! Thanks, it was fun to see everyone enjoying that food and the time together. If you're talking about Frank the Carpenter, we saw him a few times! I don't have a photo of him from this year, but he was definitely there!

Thanks, Boco!

We are, Jurassic! Those cupcakes tasted even better than they looked!

Thank you, Dan! Yep, that sure was a generous prize donation. Deerfly couldn't even be there for the feed, but dropped it off ahead of time. Thanks again to him!
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/09/19 08:12 PM

Were there any leftovers?
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/09/19 08:34 PM

Looks like a lot of fun, my 45th class reunion was last weekend but maybe we can make the trip up there sometime.

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/10/19 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion

Hey Nitty, as usual there were a few left overs, although not so much this year. They all get boxed up, put in coolers
or freezers and then taken to the youth trapper camp in northern Wisconsin the following weekend.
It is quite a guessing game to feed 300 or so people as to how much food to have, my wife seems to have made a pact
with the devil or some such thing cause it always works out.
We would welcome ya with open arms Flipper 56, no matter what anyone says, we are pretty good people.

Zim
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/10/19 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Zim
Originally Posted by Nittany Lion

Hey Nitty, as usual there were a few left overs, although not so much this year. They all get boxed up, put in coolers
or freezers and then taken to the youth trapper camp in northern Wisconsin the following weekend.
It is quite a guessing game to feed 300 or so people as to how much food to have, my wife seems to have made a pact
with the devil or some such thing cause it always works out.
We would welcome ya with open arms Flipper 56, no matter what anyone says, we are pretty good people.

Zim

grin

Re: WISCONSIN TMAN FEED is FRIDAY, SEPT 6th !!! - 09/10/19 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Zim
... no matter what anyone says, we are pretty good people.

Zim

We are? I never heard that! laugh

Nittany and Flipper, we'd love to see you there!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums