Home

Minnesota Twins

Posted By: Nittany Lion

Minnesota Twins - 08/13/19 06:39 PM

How in the world did they lose an 11 1/2 game lead since June 3rd?
Posted By: patfundine

Re: Minnesota Twins - 08/13/19 07:42 PM

They are the twins......the only team that could be a bigger let down are the Vikings...... They blew a chance at home field advantage for the superbowl.....
Posted By: Zim

Re: Minnesota Twins - 08/13/19 08:03 PM

Well, that at least makes me feel better as a non resident trapper.

Zim
Posted By: BryanOney

Re: Minnesota Twins - 08/13/19 08:12 PM

The Twins sure hit the ball well against the Indians. Lots of tough outs.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Minnesota Twins - 08/13/19 08:17 PM

Because Cleveland has had the best record in baseball the last 60 games or so and yes the Twins faltered as have teams like the Brewers and others. Boston may well struggle to even be a wild card team in the AL.

Bryce
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Minnesota Twins - 08/13/19 09:28 PM

The whole state's game law's are pretty much Catch and Release, guess it apply's to the pennant too!
Posted By: Computer Hater

Re: Minnesota Twins - 08/13/19 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by ND FTA
They played ball well above expectations with few injuries and Cleveland played well below expectations and had a lot of injuries up to the all star break, about the time teams figured out to swing early and often, get the starters out of the game and beat the snot out of the bullpen. Now Cleveland is healthy and Minnesota isn't. Buxton needs to quit running into walls, Rosario has a bad leg, now Cruz hurt his wrist. Should be an interesting last month and a half. Cleveland has by far the tougher schedule left.

Cleveland is far from healthy. They got a couple guys back but they still have 4 starting pitchers on the disabled list as well as a relief pitcher and a couple outfielders. Kluber, Carrasco, Rodriguez, and Salazar are the 4 starters that are out. Hopefully Kluber and Carrasco can get back healthy and pitching before the end of the season.
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Minnesota Twins - 08/13/19 09:54 PM

Almost as bad as being a Rockies fan, sounds like.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Minnesota Twins - 08/13/19 09:54 PM

A lot of season left..Next 2 games are in Wisconsin.
Don't panic yet. The Twins weren't expected to do anything this year,so the season so far has been a whole lot better than expected.
GO TWINS!!!!!!!
Tom
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Minnesota Twins - 08/13/19 10:30 PM

Go Twins.......and take the Vikings with you!
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: Minnesota Twins - 08/13/19 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by 20scout
Go Twins.......and take the Vikings with you!

lmao....x2

Re: Minnesota Twins - 08/13/19 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
A lot of season left..Next 2 games are in Wisconsin.
Don't panic yet. The Twins weren't expected to do anything this year,so the season so far has been a whole lot better than expected.
GO TWINS!!!!!!!
Tom

Boggy, are ya coming to the WTA in Marshfield this year? I know you swore off Wisconsin but I would buy you breakfast and hand deliver a T-Man Feed supper if'n you come.
(of course I know Boggy never eats but drinks 3 gallons of coffee a day)

Zim
Posted By: timbremn

Re: Minnesota Twins - 08/13/19 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by patfundine
They are the twins......the only team that could be a bigger let down are the Vikings...... They blew a chance at home field advantage for the superbowl.....

They also won two world series
Posted By: patfundine

Re: Minnesota Twins - 08/13/19 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by timbremn

30 years ago, and a whole different ball club....... They were hungry back then, now they are not
Posted By: timbremn

Re: Minnesota Twins - 08/14/19 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by timbremn
[quote=patfundine]They are the twins......the only team that could be a bigger let down are the Vikings...... They blew a chance at home field advantage for the superbowl.....

30 years ago, and a whole different ball club....... They were hungry back then, now they are not
Actually it was 28 years ago. Don't give up on the twins. They do know how to win.

Re: Minnesota Twins - 08/14/19 01:18 AM

Zim,I think the world of you and Patrice---but I ain't crossing the border for Marshfield.
Tom

Re: Minnesota Twins - 08/14/19 01:23 AM

OK then ya old long haired coot. We will meet up again one day.

Zim
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Minnesota Twins - 08/14/19 04:05 AM

The Twins did it tonight, back in first. I was very, very happy to see Hater blow it on his first pitch of the game! LMAO!!!

Re: Minnesota Twins - 08/14/19 04:18 AM

And they beat the Brewers,now all they need is a win tomorrow.
Tom
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Minnesota Twins - 08/14/19 04:24 AM

Came back in the late innings to win 7 to 5 sweet!
Posted By: K-zoo

Re: Minnesota Twins - 08/14/19 10:04 AM

Try being a Tigers fan. frown
© 2024 Trapperman Forums