Home

Tman Discretionary Fund

Posted By: slydogx

Tman Discretionary Fund - 08/15/19 12:29 PM

Just wanted to say a heartfelt thank you to all the folks at Trapperman.com and particularly to those who contribute to or volunteer with the discretionary fund. For those who don't know, we had sold our house back in June/July and just before the closing date it was struck by lightning and absolutely obliterated. We were very fortunate in that nobody was home (we would not have survived) and most of our possessions were stored off site. The nightmare came with the lawyers, adjusters, threats of litigation and all the uncertainty about how to move forward. Honestly, hearing from the folks here at Tman was a huge bright spot in a very dark time for me. It really hammered home the fact of how important this must seem to those who have suffered losses immeasurably greater than mine in the form of illness or death of a loved one or loss of a job.

Thanks in particular go out to Zim and Patrice for their efforts and volunteer spirit!

You all should be proud and thankful to be part of such a wonderful and exclusive group of genuinely kind and caring people,

Thank you again to all and God Bless,

Adam (and family)
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Tman Discretionary Fund - 08/15/19 12:30 PM

Amen,prayin for a return to normalcy for ya's.
Posted By: run

Re: Tman Discretionary Fund - 08/15/19 12:34 PM

Prayer sent that you have a brighter year ahead.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Tman Discretionary Fund - 08/15/19 01:01 PM

T-man is a Wonderful family to be a part of !!!
I'm glad you and Your Family there were all safe!
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Tman Discretionary Fund - 08/15/19 01:01 PM

Hoping for a return to normalcy for you and your family. Not to hijack this post but can someone explain the discretionary fund, how it works, is set up etc.
Posted By: slydogx

Re: Tman Discretionary Fund - 08/15/19 01:20 PM

Just so everyone knows... we are all OK now, moved in with family temporarily as was the plan all along. We were extremely fortunate that the fire didn't happen a day earlier or a day later as we would have been home. All of the legal wrangling is done and over with and it cost us some but could have certainly been worse.

Bear Tracker, not a hijack at all. I am kind of trying to figure out a good way to help the fund from here in Canada myself so it's a great question.
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: Tman Discretionary Fund - 08/15/19 01:33 PM

slydogx First of all glad to hear you are all safe and at least have a place to stay .I was a lurker on here for quite a while before I decided to sign up .We all may not agree on all things but I have seen how everyone pulls together to help out those that are in need of help .The Trapperman family has many talents .But the best thing they have is the willingness to help and support others that are going through hard times Praying for you and your family as you make your way through your situation
© 2024 Trapperman Forums