Home

Chanterelle’s and Buck Beds

Posted By: Jurassic Park

Chanterelle’s and Buck Beds - 08/16/19 04:06 PM

Went out yesterday to set some trail cameras up trying to find some giant bucks to hunt this year. There were chanterelles everywhere! I had 7 trail cameras to hang and ended up only hanging 2. I was too busy picking mushrooms!
It was real hard for me to walk away from the chanterelle patch, but eventually I forced myself to carry on and search for new areas for the cameras. It was like walking away from money on the ground. Hard!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Had chanterelles with hashbrowns and Berkshire bacon this morning for breakfast! I feel good!

[Linked Image]

Here’s the buck bed I found yesterday. (I believe it to be a buck bed anyways, prob 2 1/2 year old using it) I set a trail cam over the bed to see what’s using it. I’ve always wanted to do that!

I hope you guys like the pics! I’ll show whatever is using that bed. Watch it be pcr2 lol!
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Chanterelle’s and Buck Beds - 08/16/19 05:26 PM

It looks like you could have had fresh blueberries with your chantrelles too.

Keith

Re: Chanterelle’s and Buck Beds - 08/16/19 06:19 PM

Yup Blueberries are everywhere too, except they’re past their prime now. 2 weeks ago the forest floor was blue!
Posted By: run

Re: Chanterelle’s and Buck Beds - 08/16/19 07:57 PM

Nice pics.
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Chanterelle’s and Buck Beds - 08/16/19 08:06 PM

The last few years have been great for chants around here.
Posted By: d2009

Re: Chanterelle’s and Buck Beds - 08/16/19 09:06 PM

Dam, thats a fine looking breakfast!
Posted By: Northcountry

Re: Chanterelle’s and Buck Beds - 08/17/19 12:29 AM

Great pics! Those chants look to be in perfect condition...about as big as they'll get before heading downhill.

I picked 58 pounds of chants this season, before the weather turned blazing hot and dry.

We've got alot of wintergreen growing around here but I dont believe I've ever seen chants growing among it, like yours do.

-NC

Re: Chanterelle’s and Buck Beds - 08/17/19 01:56 AM

That’s quite the haul Northcountry! There were quite a few very large chanterelles out there and many more yet.
I never knew that was wintergreen. Good to know! Just read about it and they say the berries are quite good!
I’m gonna pick some this fall while fox trapping!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums