Home

Moms Demand Action

Posted By: Anonymous

Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 01:14 PM

Any of y'all got these leftist/misinformed women trying to make a stink in your state? This Micheal Bloomberg offshoot of Every town for Gun Safety gets plenty of media attention here in Arkansas. Of course , which I'm sure is everywhere, 2nd amendment advocates get no media coverage. They're really pushing for red flag laws so be most weary and cautious of these emotionally overcharged women.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 02:37 PM

I guess this group is only active in Arkansas. If they come to your state beware.The left is good at using emotion to effectively shut down the oppositions voice. No one wants to speak out against mothers "in fear" for their children.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton
Any of y'all got these leftist/misinformed women trying to make a stink in your state?

There was a reason the founders did not intend women to vote, suffrage was a mistake. The current political state that appeals to emotion over reason is a direct result of women in politics and voting booths.
Posted By: zoozoo400

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

There was a reason the founders did not intend women to vote, suffrage was a mistake. The current political state that appeals to emotion over reason is a direct result of women in politics and voting booths.

Yikes.. I can assure you there are women out there using more logic than emotion... My partner gives me sh** about it pretty frequently grin
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 06:59 PM

Any of y'all got these leftist/misinformed women trying to make a stink in your state?

The rise of progressive politics can definitely be tracked back to when women got the right to vote. Right or wrong, their take care of people policies appeal to the womens' nurturing instincts. Of course, at this point men are women, so it really doesn't matter.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 07:14 PM

That and a half century of telling them not to get married and raise a family. No husband to moderate the estrogen in the voting booth.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 07:23 PM

if women were not voters we would never have another liberal in office anywhere
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 07:30 PM

Moms demand action against gun violence is a joke. They're not demanding action against gun violence, they're demanding gun control. We can all agree that gun violence is bad, their name is an appeal to emotion to make anyone who doesn't agree with them appear unreasonable.

As far as women not voting because they're more liberal.....blacks vote democrat by a heavy majority. Should we also prevent blacks from voting? And if not, how is preventing women from voting any different?

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 07:37 PM

only black women loosegoose. brown and white women too

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

How is banning women voters from voting because they tend to vote democrat any different from banning any other class of people that tend to vote democrat?

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 07:44 PM

"Why women notoriously have more credit card debt than men"

Women love to run up debt. Just like our government does now.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 07:44 PM

My wife votes conservative but I can see the correlation between thinking emotionally and voting liberal.
This group is definitely the media darling of our local news. Used to be local stations were pretty neutral in their reporting but now they are no different than their national counterparts pushing the agenda of the left.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 07:50 PM

I'll put my wife, mother, daughter, daughter in law, and granddaughter, against any of you on the conservative side any day and put you to shame. To say all women should not vote is insulting and ignorant. I trust my wife with anything and everything, and will wager she is as tough as any of you on most fronts. The number of liberal males is growing exponentially (that means a lot) and we are not going to stop that either.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 08:00 PM

See there have been two women like emotional overreactions to this thread from men. Nobody suggested women's privilage to vote should be revoked. They just pointed out the results of women voting.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
See there have been two women like emotional overreactions to this thread from men. Nobody suggested women's privilage to vote should be revoked. They just pointed out the results of women voting.

Nobody said women's rights to vote should be revoked?!? Maybe you could help me understand what donnersurvivor meant when he said

Or what danny Clifton meant when he said
if women were not voters we would never have another liberal in office anywhere

or

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 08:05 PM

If you can't when elections by competing on the arena of ideas, and instead wish to when elections by banning those who would vote against you from voting, then your ideas deserve to die out.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 08:06 PM

In all seriousness IMO it should be a requirement to vote, that every 10 years you have to pass the written citizenship test that people who immigrate must pass to become naturalized.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 08:12 PM

Most all women will lose what common sense they have and sign on for any kind of scheme when somebody just say's a kid is in danger! I think it's embedded in their DNA.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 08:18 PM

I'll try. Donnie gave cause and effect and said it was a mistake. Danny also gave cause and effect. Danny's last response was to your suggestion that blacks should be banned from voting. Which I took as a Joke.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 08:19 PM

Our government's legitimate power is derived from the will of the people. Any government that would exclude certain groups of people from voting does not derive it's power from the will of the people is by nature tyrannical and must be abolished.

(obviously this only includes citizens, non citizens have no legitimate interest in the goings on of our country and do not deserve a vote)

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 08:47 PM

According to this chart we're exclude dang near everybody....

[Linked Image]

Anyway watch out for these overly protective leftist mothers.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 09:08 PM

How about no Federal tax paid in, no voting in Federal election.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 09:15 PM

If I was a Conservative women and could think logically, I would be pushing to ban my own demographic (women) from voting so the conservatives I support would be elected. That right to vote don't do you much good if your vote gets overrun by your fellow women.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 09:19 PM

If I was a Conservative women and could think logically, I would be pushing to ban my own demographic (women) from voting so the conservatives I support would be elected. That right to vote don't do you much good if your vote gets overrun by your fellow women.

So push to exclude certain people from voting so that your preferred candidate can win, because if your candidate had to run in a fair open election your candidate would lose?

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 09:26 PM

Why is this limited electorate so appalling to you? The people who created this nation did it. You're ideas are better than the original creators of our system?

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose
If you can't when elections by competing on the arena of ideas, and instead wish to when elections by banning those who would vote against you from voting, then your ideas deserve to die out.

I'll state on record, I dont think women should have the right to vote. Men and women are biologically different, this includes the most important organ, the brain. Men and womens brains work differently on average. Men have a more rational brain and women more emotional. The country did not rack up Trillions of debt that is going to pass onto the next generations by thinking rationally.

Your suggestion that the electorate has proven themselves capable of choosing the best leaders and ideas is laughable. Ridiculous foreign entanglements, ever growing debt, population replacement, a horrid education system, all of these are a result of the incapability of the average voter.

All government is tyranny. Government is only legitimized through force, it does not matter if that force is exercised by one tyrant or 51% of the populace who desires to inflict there ideas on the rest the result is the same and that is that government is only legitimized through force.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/17/19 09:56 PM

those cute little weepy eyed puppies on tv are sure enough not there to pull the heart strings of men
Posted By: Patrice

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 12:59 AM

I don't represent any group of women - ever - and I certainly agree there are more than enough stupid ones running around falling for liberal crap, but at the same time it makes me sick if someone tries to lump me into a group and say I shouldn't vote. I would pit my neurons against anyone's and would gladly punch a few holes in anyone who tries to stand between me and a voting booth.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 01:06 AM

Do you want conservative's to win or do you want your demographic to keep putting in libs? There is no" I "in TEAM.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 01:19 AM

Dirt, are you talking to me?
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bear Tracker
I'll put my wife, mother, daughter, daughter in law, and granddaughter, against any of you on the conservative side any day and put you to shame. To say all women should not vote is insulting and ignorant. I trust my wife with anything and everything, and will wager she is as tough as any of you on most fronts. The number of liberal males is growing exponentially (that means a lot) and we are not going to stop that either.

I'm with you here. I think the problem lies on the masculinity of the males voting rather than problematic female voting.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Patrice
I don't represent any group of women - ever - and I certainly agree there are more than enough stupid ones running around falling for liberal crap, but at the same time it makes me sick if someone tries to lump me into a group and say I shouldn't vote. I would pit my neurons against anyone's and would gladly punch a few holes in anyone who tries to stand between me and a voting booth.

wink

Interesting, to let a horse run with a rope dragging the ground.....to see when they catch it on a snag and hit the end of it....the paintbrush some seemingly use is so broad it takes both arms in bracing it up to use ....intelligent good men love a like minded woman who is his ally, and he is that for her as well.

Your neurons are formidable in motion , Chickie.....and I wouldn't have it any other way wink

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 01:38 AM

I bet you would Patrice. Seeing as you're a woman, if you encounter any of these Moms Demand Action types would you please inform them how ignorant their train of thought is. If they keep it up, it may come to the point I have to punch holes in folks just to retain my unalienable Rights.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 01:39 AM

Dirt, are you talking to me?

Yes. Women all of you together added up vote Democrat by 59% to 41% . There are no Conservative democrats. So figure 21% of the women vote RINO and the number of Conservative women is only about 20% of the women voting demographic. Women out number men, so what's the odds of Conservative women or men getting elected if women vote. Not very good.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 01:45 AM

I think my demographic is that of a conservative, gun-owning, rural Midwestern business owner in my 50's ... I could list a number of demographics to which I belong. I overlap many.

J Staton, I'd love to. I don't exactly fit their demographic because I'm not a mom, but I cannot resist a debate with stupid people. I've been in a few lately.
Posted By: Zim

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 01:46 AM

Pretty hard to lump folks together, be they male or female.
On anther note, my wife is a card carrying member of Mensa and Intertel
so I suppose she is intelligent enough to make her own decisions.
Any of you fellers on here that are members of those organizations?
I am not but was smart enough to marry one.
Dirt, since you is spitting out numbers , what is the percentage of women that vote
compared to men? Also, what are the percentages of knowledgeable voters between the two.
And as we all know, 50% of the polls are wrong.
Zim

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 02:08 AM

Why is this limited electorate so appalling to you? The people who created this nation did it. You're ideas are better than the original creators of our system?

One could argue that a limited electorate is nothing more or less than the extension of representative governance.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 02:10 AM

"In recent elections, voter turnout rates for women have equaled or exceeded voter turnout rates for men. Women, who constitute more than half the population, have cast between four and seven million more votes than men in recent elections. In every presidential election since 1980, the proportion [of] female adults who voted has exceeded the proportion of made(male) adults who voted."

I don't know if they can measure the knowledgeable demographic?

I did find this demographic information Zim." the American Mensa general membership is "66 percent male, 34 percent female"."

P.S. You don't get to choose what demographic you want to be in. Well, maybe transgenders do?

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Zim
Pretty hard to lump folks together, be they male or female.
Zim

There is little doubt that there is a ton of variation between individuals, there will always be emotional men and rational women etc. When you look at group averages however there are substantive average differences between groups, our founders knew this and we should know it and take it into account as well.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 02:31 AM

Women, in general, have to much to say. Most have weak men who let them get away with thinking they know everything and can tell others what to do. In todays society they never experience any real consequences to sticking their nose in where it does not belong.
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 02:50 AM

My wife is an extremely intelligent lady. We do not always agree be it politics or anything else in life. That is what makes the world go around IMO.
Always remember: Behind every great man there's a great woman!
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 02:54 AM

I've been divorced for 28 years. She was an intelligent women.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 03:04 AM

Make it clear we are talking about average group differences and everyone tries to interject anecdotes of individuals...
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 04:57 AM

True democracy can never work unless the populace are all quality people. To work a democracy needs people who are self interested, but who also are interested in promoting their state, so that they don't vote to take from the state for their own benefit. The people need to be capable of making logical decisions, but still need to be capable of feeling some compassion for others. The answer to most questions is a bit of both. Life needs to be balanced.

The US was set up as a Republic, not a democracy. Most people could not originally vote in the US. As more, often less qualified people have gotten the vote, the US has progressively gotten deeper in debt and had more crime and other social problems. I don't believe that anyone who is on public assistance, anyone who has been convicted of a felony, or anyone who is not paying taxes should have a vote.

Men and women are meant to be together. Men are on average 41% stronger then woman, so physically men are dominant. Women on average, are a couple of points more intelligent then men. Women typically do much more poorly under stress than men do. Children with 1 male and 1 or more female parents do much better than children with 1 parent.

People vary greatly. There are women stronger than some men. There are women, who handle well under stress. There are men who fall apart under stress.

I think the best government possible would be a Republic, where very qualified, well rounded people voted and made the decisions for the others. Things like military service, high intelligence, success in business, patriotism and discerning compassion for others are what should be looked for in representatives for the people.

Keith

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 05:15 AM

It is pretty interesting that we live in the most free nation in the world, a nation which the founding principles were laid down by men. A great country which saved the world in ww2. The men who fought and saved the world in ww2 were products of an environment and government which was dominated by men. Since women have become involved more and more in government and business the nation has gone downhill and here we are today standing at the edge of it being gone. Now some women in all their wisdom are calling for guns to be banned so we will be more safe which is an absolute fairy tale.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 07:10 AM

Just saw the news. This group had 1 rally 2 minutes away from me and also organized a townhall. The mayor went to rally and signed some order to ban guns away community centers, senior centers, and multigenerational centers.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 07:56 AM

More gun free zones thanks to morons.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 11:10 AM

Any of y'all got these leftist/misinformed women trying to make a stink in your state? This Micheal Bloomberg offshoot of Every town for Gun Safety gets plenty of media attention here in Arkansas. Of course , which I'm sure is everywhere, 2nd amendment advocates get no media coverage. They're really pushing for red flag laws so be most weary and cautious of these emotionally overcharged women.

They will change their tune the first time a Red Law is used against their “Innocent Like Boy.” lol

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 11:33 AM

TV is a huge problem. Some people spend more than half their life staring at it.

TV exists for two things.

#1 To tell you how to think. TV got popular with stuff like the Andy Griffin show and Leave it to Beaver. Today shows are telling you traditional values, owning firearms, hard work, and a willingness to fight by using violence for the bill of rights, are wrong.

#2 is making money by selling advertising time.

I have no problem with #2 but have not watched tv in more than 10 years because of #1.

TV is changing how our kids think. Turn yours off. Nothing wrong with your way of thinking. Don't let some tv show or news program tell you what to think.

They ALL influence how you see the world. Every program on that thing. Yes even pro sports

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 12:01 PM

Here's a thought provoking commentary. I don't agree or disagree with the author but his premise of "the most intolerant wins" being the key to political power has historical precedent. Makes one wonder why the party preaching tolerence is the most intolerent.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 12:13 PM

After reading further I see the “women clumping” building. This is a bit humorous because I have seen an increase in men that could be part of that clump as well. lol

Parents in general desire their children to be safe. Fathers, having survived a lot of stupid actions (relatively more than Mothers, in general) don’t see the world as dangerous.

My wife is conservative in the respect of individual accountability.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 12:17 PM

its hard to take a guy hiding in a motorcycle mask serious. kinda like taking serious people on tman that hide their identity

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 12:25 PM

its hard to take a guy hiding in a motorcycle mask serious. kinda like taking serious people on tman that hide their identity

Is that directed at anyone? If so my true identity is anything but hidden. I'm all over the Internet under my own name David McLeod, business name Georgia Wildlife Services, and preferred forum handle warrior (for the river I grew up on). Nor am I at all bashful or shy.

As to the video I opined that I neither agree nor disagree merely that he raised some thought provoking points. I'm sorry if you seek to dismiss out of hand rather than hear ideas that may require thought.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 12:35 PM

I listened to it. Or about half of it. Yes I knew your name. Never known you to hide. Most folks on here do not hide. Some do. Makes me think they are either lying here on TMan or lying in their person to person communications. A guy hiding in a motorcycle helmet is not someone to take seriously. IMO

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 12:57 PM

The idea that intolerance is politically advantageous is not something I agree with at all. Even if he wasn't hiding.

People who will not tolerate me trapping or owning firearms are disgusting creatures. Telling others how to live goes against everything our ancestors fought to give us. The bottom line is that for all their talk of tolerance liberals are the most intolerant people on the planet. Rather than actually promoting tolerance for homosexuals, races other than caucasian, or immigrants, they want to give preferential treatment to homosexuals and non-caucasions, while exploiting illegal immigrants.

Liberals are gaining ground simply because to many people have gotten soft thanks to the easy life conservatism and capitalism has given us.

Because liberals (this includes republicans by the way) are willing to take money from the person who earned it, then give it to someone else, they garner support. Its no mystery why liberal presidential candidates spend all their time telling people how much welfare they are willing to hand out.

Even so called conservatives DEMAND that the government give them other peoples money.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
True democracy can never work unless the populace are all quality people. To work a democracy needs people who are self interested, but who also are interested in promoting their state, so that they don't vote to take from the state for their own benefit. The people need to be capable of making logical decisions, but still need to be capable of feeling some compassion for others. The answer to most questions is a bit of both. Life needs to be balanced.

The US was set up as a Republic, not a democracy. Most people could not originally vote in the US. As more, often less qualified people have gotten the vote, the US has progressively gotten deeper in debt and had more crime and other social problems. I don't believe that anyone who is on public assistance, anyone who has been convicted of a felony, or anyone who is not paying taxes should have a vote.

Men and women are meant to be together. Men are on average 41% stronger then woman, so physically men are dominant. Women on average, are a couple of points more intelligent then men. Women typically do much more poorly under stress than men do. Children with 1 male and 1 or more female parents do much better than children with 1 parent.

People vary greatly. There are women stronger than some men. There are women, who handle well under stress. There are men who fall apart under stress.

I think the best government possible would be a Republic, where very qualified, well rounded people voted and made the decisions for the others. Things like military service, high intelligence, success in business, patriotism and discerning compassion for others are what should be looked for in representatives for the people.

Keith

Good points. In my opinion, our representative republic would be best served if its voting representatives earned the right to vote, not as part of a simple demographic, but based on qualifications like those above. It may not be possible to enact at this point, but it sure would prevent a lot of people from voting for what they perceive as a free ride.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 01:16 PM

I think the helmet thing is just a gimmick. I have seen his face on other videos, iirc.

I tend to agree with you on intolerance. I don't care for others in my business either but one has to admit various political systems have had success through the centuries using intolerance.

The Romans had the legions and cruxifiction.
The Soviets had a seventy year run practicing extreme intolerance.
Heck, the British royals have hung around for over six centuries thanks to intolerance.

While we here in the US have tolerated ourselves to the point of almost complete societal collapse.

Prime example, a party in power that tolerably allows everything from alt right/white racists to constitutional originalists to conservatives to libertrains to rinos to never trumpers.

The other party is even worse in make up but is equally intolerant of all the above.

I think we on the right need to find an intolerance we can agree to rally around.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
More gun free zones thanks to morons.

Exactly

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
I think the helmet thing is just a gimmick. I have seen his face on other videos, iirc.

I tend to agree with you on intolerance. I don't care for others in my business either but one has to admit various political systems have had success through the centuries using intolerance.

Heck, the British royals have hung around for over six centuries thanks to intolerance.

While we here in the US have tolerated ourselves to the point of almost complete societal collapse.

Prime example, a party in power that tolerably allows everything from alt right/white racists to constitutional originalists to conservatives to libertrains to rinos to never trumpers.

The other party is even worse in make up but is equally intolerant of all the above.

I think we on the right need to find an intolerance we can agree to rally around.

The Bill of Rights and the intolerance it places on government should be the intolerance we should rally around. IMO.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 01:46 PM

Keith

You make good points but I would like to clarify your point about women being higher IQ on average. Women are almost all average intelligence, very few high or low intelligence women compared to men. Men have wide variation in IQ, nearly all the geniuses and very "slow" are all men. If you take and toss out all the sub 80 IQs of both men and women men actually average 5 points higher in IQ.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by warrior

The Bill of Rights and the intolerance it places on government should be the intolerance we should rally around. IMO.

Agreed
Posted By: Ol' Smoke

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 01:53 PM

Moms Demand Action - Do SOMETHING, even if it's dead wrong.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/18/19 01:54 PM

I make a small effort to hide my identity on here just to avoid bad online reviews of my business from Antis. I am very willing to share my identity with any longstanding member over pm.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by BigBob
Most all women will lose what common sense they have and sign on for any kind of scheme when somebody just say's a kid is in danger! I think it's embedded in their DNA.

Not mine.. Kids are the worst

In all seriousness IMO it should be a requirement to vote, that every 10 years you have to pass the written citizenship test that people who immigrate must pass to become naturalized.

X2

Our government's legitimate power is derived from the will of the people. Any government that would exclude certain groups of people from voting does not derive it's power from the will of the people is by nature tyrannical and must be abolished.

(obviously this only includes citizens, non citizens have no legitimate interest in the goings on of our country and do not deserve a vote)

also X2

Not to mention.. each party has their place in govt. I feel that if we could work together (somehow) we could make a country that unites instead of divides. Granted, it is the media (news & other) doing most of that...
There's nothin wrong with getting fiscally conservative, socially liberal, & still support our rights to guns, greed, & individuality (or whatever else you can think of)
I might've said this somewhere else, but my memory nearly always fails me.. LOL

Keith

Cannot agree more. Smart, compassionate voters are necessary for a fair, successful society to exist.

It does dishearten me when I see folks wanting to ban guns instead of learning something about them & maybe giving them a shot. My gf's mother is stubborn and quickly falls into media hype... She is liberal, but I also know of quite a few conservatives who let the TV do the thinking for them. Her daughter, on the other hand, learned early that asking questions & finding answers/developing her own opinion is far more important. I can be guilty of letting the media feed my brain, but she never fails to ask me things that make me think harder about it. A wonderful partner, she is.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 03:13 AM

P.S. You don't get to choose what demographic you want to be in. Well, maybe transgenders do?

LOL only if the survey says "man/woman" as opposed to "male/female" laugh
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 03:28 AM

Just seen the local protest here on the news it was tough to make them look like a "crowd" with 30 people maybe, then the news went on to copycat threats one guy had a ".22 hunting rifle and 400 rounds of ammo" . LOL Idiots
Posted By: vermontster

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 09:52 AM

Lawdog same exact thing on our local news the protesters were in the largest city in VT with the same description you gave.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Just seen the local protest here on the news it was tough to make them look like a "crowd" with 30 people maybe, then the news went on to copycat threats one guy had a ".22 hunting rifle and 400 rounds of ammo" . LOL Idiots

Same here. Seen where a guy in Florida was arrested and his gun confiscated when his ex girlfriend turned him in. From what I understand for sharing thoughts of what he would do if he committed a mass shooting. Red flag laws at work and the Thought Police in action.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 11:10 AM

I propose only those that own land vote. Not bank owned--must own it free and clear.

I would also support allowing only those that pay a certain threshold of taxes (which I despise but we need a metric for this) to vote. This would catch the business owners and other high performing people. Other stringent financial requirements could be used.

Actual mlitary service can get you a voter card too.

As for women, I know plenty that would beat the brakes off of many on here in the intelligence and judgment departments.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
I propose only those that own land vote. Not bank owned--must own it free and clear.

I would also support allowing only those that pay a certain threshold of taxes (which I despise but we need a metric for this) to vote. This would catch the business owners and other high performing people. Other stringent financial requirements could be used.

As for women, I know plenty that would beat the brakes off of many on here in the intelligence and judgment departments.

The “tax paid requirement” will also have to come with a tax exemption for removing the voting privileges as that would equate to taxation without representation .

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

The “tax paid requirement” will also have to come with a tax exemption for removing the voting privileges as that would equate to taxation without representation .

Yup. If you can't vote then you don't have to pay taxes. We fought off the British in part because of taxation without representation. Let's not be dumb enough to go back to that tyranny. The same would go for women too, if they aren't allowed to vote.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 03:28 PM

Felons can't vote and some presumably pay taxes.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 03:38 PM

Surely they were voting prior to being a criminal. Their choice that they threw that away. That is quite different than telling someone their voting rights are being taken away because they don’t fork over enough taxes.

It was a good try though.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 04:33 PM

I have been taxed my whole life without representation. Most of the representatives that represent whatever district they put me in are not representing me. They represent the other guys( women). I really like this idea of not paying taxes because I have no representation. Can we make it retroactive?

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 04:39 PM

Surely they were voting prior to being a criminal. Their choice that they threw that away. That is quite different than telling someone their voting rights are being taken away because they don’t fork over enough taxes.

It was a good try though.

You missed the point. Congress has the ability to impose restrictions. Felons are a good example.

By the way and it's been a while since I had Con Law, but I don't remember the phrase "no taxation without representation" in the Constitution. I know it was kind of addressed in a later Amendment but Congress can still legislate. Now, getting it passed is another story....

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 04:45 PM

The restriction was imposed based on the actions of the individual (Crime).

I suppose they can impose other things like speed limits on law abiding citizens in the name of safety but removing voting rights on a whim is a different animal altogether.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 07:23 PM

If they all got together out West here they would struggle to fill a pole barn if you lumped several states together! LOL
Posted By: white17

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 07:41 PM

Maybe I am misunderstanding you. What we have now in about half the country is representation without taxation. Is that any more equitable than the other way round ?
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
Moms demand action against gun violence is a joke. They're not demanding action against gun violence, they're demanding gun control. We can all agree that gun violence is bad, their name is an appeal to emotion to make anyone who doesn't agree with them appear unreasonable.

As far as women not voting because they're more liberal.....blacks vote democrat by a heavy majority. Should we also prevent blacks from voting? And if not, how is preventing women from voting any different?

If the majority of blacks would simply look at what the D party stands for and weren't afraid of the label it would get them to oppose that, they would all be conservative. The Church is pivotal in the Black community. I have yet to see a black preacher condone an abortion or homosexuality. But they vote D 90+% of the time. Scared of themselves.

Or, if they would look at the party that freed them as slaves. Or, Margaret Sanger, the founder or Planned Parenthood. She founded it as an abortion clinic with her main goal to abort black babies. Which party currently supports Planned Parenthood?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 07:48 PM

Get rid of all taxes on individuals.
And no government spending of money they don't have.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

I like your second sentence best of all.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 08:03 PM

Where will they get the money they do spend ?
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 08:24 PM

How would that work?

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 08:28 PM

Corporations don't pay taxes. Consumers do.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 08:30 PM

Every dollar Georgia Wildlife Services, Inc has ever paid in taxes originated in a customers pocket.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 09:38 PM

We will never be able to afford that, need to repay the all baby boomers debts off first.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 09:43 PM

How about a simple IQ score of at least 100 before a person can vote.

Whats wrong with the way the founders set it up? Everyone holds up the founders on a pedestal and admires their brilliance yet we ignore them on this issue to our own peril.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
If they all got together out West here they would struggle to fill a pole barn if you lumped several states together! LOL

Not many here either but they are the local media's darlings. Maybe it's because Arkansas is a Constitutional carry state and the media don't like it.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 09:49 PM

Yep he MSM works hard to make it look like a crowd then the follow up stories to support the protest with 1/2 of the report being wrong! LOL

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 09:50 PM

How about a simple IQ score of at least 100 before a person can vote.

Whats wrong with the way the founders set it up? Everyone holds up the founders on a pedestal and admires their brilliance yet we ignore them on this issue to our own peril.

The Founders set up the Constitution so there was ability to amend it. The 19th Amendment gave the right for women to vote. So I guess we are running it the way the Founders set it up.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 09:58 PM

The Founders set up the Constitution so there was ability to amend it. The 19th Amendment gave the right for women to vote. So I guess we are running it the way the Founders set it up.

I suppose its our country to lose, we are certainly doing a fair job of it.

This is the path Republics always follow, this has been well known for thousands of years, Plato wrote about it in 380 BC. If you read Platos Republic and study history you will see what the next stages of the U.S will look like and they are quite different than the present.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 10:02 PM

So just tax businesses and corporations? Where do you suppose they would get the money to pay those taxes?

Mike
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 10:05 PM

One way out of our national debt would be to go to war with China and declare the debt we owe China is no longer valid. I think it is fairly likely to come to that.

Keith

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 10:08 PM

lets declare the debt to the federal reserve bank void instead

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 10:09 PM

No taxes on individuals-user pay only.
Don't make me pay for stuff I don't want or use.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 10:10 PM

One way out of our national debt would be to go to war with China and declare the debt we owe China is no longer valid. I think it is fairly likely to come to that.

Keith

China is an actual threat in a war. Just invade Mexico and south America, take over food production in south America and hold the world hostage over the food supply.

Or you know, take responsibility for our own poor choice of actions and avoid a global conflict.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 11:36 PM

Somehow I bet the founders couldn't envision a world where men were so stupid they would give up their power to women. Women would never be this stupid.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/19/19 11:42 PM

A wealthy business man will marry a woman whose only asset is beauty. A wealthy woman may play with an attractive bulldozer operator but she will never marry anyone who isn't at least as wealthy as she is.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 12:09 AM

Somehow I bet the founders couldn't envision a world where men were so stupid they would give up their power to women. Women would never be this stupid.

it was not power they gave up, it was responsibility.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 12:26 AM

I don't think they envisioned senators being chosen by election from the people. This amendment has done way more harm than the 19th. This was ratified when men were the only one's able to vote. For the life of me I can't figure why men would want to remove power from the state/local level and seed it to the Federal level. I guess P.T. Barnum was correct we he said, " There's a sucker born every minute."
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 12:34 AM

Don't make me pay for stuff I don't want or use.

Like someone else's healthcare?

Mike

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 01:17 AM

Women like moms demand action is why I might just walk away if there are people getting shot.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 03:06 AM

Keith

China holds only about 5 percent of the US debt.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 03:11 AM

I use that regularly,dont mind paying for that one way or the other.Good healthcare is something everyone uses.
I was more thinking about the big fat salaries and expense accounts of the politicians,and all the welfare cheaters.Or all the big city infrastructure.Stuff I don't use,or have no use for.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 03:12 AM

Not only that but China's debt/GDP ratio is about 3 times as bad as ours !

I think the biggest part of our debt is owed to ourselves in the form of the Social Security IOU's

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 03:18 AM

China holds quite a large gold reserve....and the US government owes most of the US government debt to the US government. Maybe we should buy Greenland?
Posted By: Zim

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 03:26 AM

I have been taxed my whole life without representation. Most of the representatives that represent whatever district they put me in are not representing me. They represent the other guys( women). I really like this idea of not paying taxes because I have no representation. Can we make it retroactive?

Let me get this straight... where you live you do not get an opportunity to vote for a representative?
Have you ever heard the term "absentee ballot?"
You tend to pee and moan like an old woman.tll this time I thought Buzzard had a monopoly on that.
Hey, speaking of which, has anybody heard from that ol' boy lately?
Zim

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 03:35 AM

I think he's running for Congress the last I heard laugh
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by white17
Not only that but China's debt/GDP ratio is about 3 times as bad as ours !

I think the biggest part of our debt is owed to ourselves in the form of the Social Security IOU's

Most people don't understand why countries like China and before that Japan that we have such large trade imbalances with hold so much of our debt, especially China.

China can not peg their currency to ours without it. If China called in the note tomorrow, a large part of their trade advantage would shrink.

In case anyone is interested as of May, China held 1.11 trillion in US debt, Japan 1.1 trillion.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 02:58 PM

I use that regularly,dont mind paying for that one way or the other.Good healthcare is something everyone uses.
I was more thinking about the big fat salaries and expense accounts of the politicians,and all the welfare cheaters.Or all the big city infrastructure.Stuff I don't use,or have no use for.

Fat cats & CEOs suck (unless they're paying their people well)

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by zoozoo400

I don’t get this thinking.

CEOs don’t set pay scales, the market does.

As for fat cats, if you have the motivation and skills to be successful who are we to demand that they share that.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 03:44 PM

AMEN Hobbie!!

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 03:47 PM

Don't forget the grossly overpaid disrespectful athletes either,zoozoo.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 04:00 PM

I heard that Warren is only 1 percentage point behind Biden now who is supposedly the front runner.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Zim

Let me get this straight... where you live you do not get an opportunity to vote for a representative?
Have you ever heard the term "absentee ballot?"
You tend to pee and moan like an old woman.tll this time I thought Buzzard had a monopoly on that.
Hey, speaking of which, has anybody heard from that ol' boy lately?
Zim

You don't have it straight. I can vote. However, my ideas, although popular back before the sixties, are no longer popular with the majority and will never be represented by anybody elected to office today. The representatives of the majority do not represent me. Did Obama represent you?
Posted By: hippie

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 05:11 PM

Liberals are more organized and stick togeather much better than conservatives, doesn't matter if male or female.

When the NRA goes down, we gun owners are doomed.

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 05:25 PM

As for fat cats, if you have the motivation and skills to be successful who are we to demand that they share that.

The majority (not successful). That is how the system works.

"The tyranny of the majority (or tyranny of the masses) is an inherent weakness of majority rule in which the majority of an electorate can and does place its own interests above, and at the expense of those in the minority."

"In a democracy, of course, the majority rules. That’s all well and good for the majority, but what about the minority? Don’t they have rights that deserve respect?
Of course they do. Which is why a democracy won’t cut it. As the saying goes, a democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what’s for dinner."

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 08:52 PM

Don't forget the grossly overpaid disrespectful athletes either,zoozoo.

Even worse imo

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Liberals are more organized and stick togeather much better than conservatives, doesn't matter if male or female.

When the NRA goes down, we gun owners are doomed.

As a liberal (I'm using the term loosely) gun owner, I'll be writing every rep I know about keeping 'em... and convincing my friends to do the same

Whether or not they'll do it... I can't say. Half of em don't even vote. Shame since most of them are women... Wasting the battles the women before them fought to get the privileges dudes had (have? idk)

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 08:57 PM

AMEN Hobbie!!

Agree!

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/20/19 09:48 PM

You got me on the cats, hobbie

The way I see it, CEOs have a responsibility to do right for their employees. You shouldn't (imo) run a corp without giving the lowest employee enough to support themself on. It would be nice to say "themself and their family" but we are past that, considering it's typical these days for both adults in a family to be working. Obviously there are many factors to consider, but it doesn't make sense (to me) for folks working full time at one or two jobs to be struggling to pay basic bills. There are of course many folks out there crying about low wages while spending entirely too much on their addictions or BS they don't need, but this one isn't about them.. nor the small bizz folks

Financial literacy should be necessary to graduate high school also.. I mean, I had economics, but I was SoL when it came to doing my own taxes & saving/investing effectively.. right out of high school, anyway... laugh

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/21/19 01:19 AM

CEO's have an obligation FIRST to shareholders. Ceo's are employees also. They are hired by the board of directors who are elected by shareholders.

No one, IMO , has any obligation to pay anyone more than they are worth regardless of the circumstances. If you choose to have 8 kids that doesn't mean I have to support them. If a family can't make it on 2 full time jobs they either are spending too much, don't have marketable skills or need to move to an area that provides better opportunities.

I find it peculiar that you call yourself a liberal but also writing your representatives about gun control.

You do understand that voting for liberals is the first thing you need to change if you hope to influence the direction of gun legislation ?? Or maybe you just THINK you're a liberal but really aren't. I have known a few young people like that

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/21/19 01:31 AM

Shareholders have been thrown under the bus more than workers in a lot of cases thru greed.
A lot of companys would use slave labour if they could get away with it,and not for the shareholders benefit either.In fact one of the biggest problems is big companys moving off shore so they can use cheap labour in countries with lax or no environmental protection for the people that live there.
That is why Workers unions were formed-decent wages and working hours.health and safety for the workers,and protections for the environment.The fat cats couldn't give a crap about any of that -too greedy.
Some non union companys are very good to their employees giving bonuses and profit sharing and entering into benefit agreements with communities.[Linked Image]

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/21/19 02:33 AM

CEO's have an obligation FIRST to shareholders. Ceo's are employees also. They are hired by the board of directors who are elected by shareholders.

No one, IMO , has any obligation to pay anyone more than they are worth regardless of the circumstances. If you choose to have 8 kids that doesn't mean I have to support them. If a family can't make it on 2 full time jobs they either are spending too much, don't have marketable skills or need to move to an area that provides better opportunities.

I find it peculiar that you call yourself a liberal but also writing your representatives about gun control.

You do understand that voting for liberals is the first thing you need to change if you hope to influence the direction of gun legislation ?? Or maybe you just THINK you're a liberal but really aren't. I have known a few young people like that

Are shareholders top priority because they own a chunk of the biz? Genuine question.

I understand the voting thing. All I know is I'm somewhere in the middle, ha! Not quite dedicated to either side.. I don't trust any of em

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/21/19 03:19 AM

It's not that they own a "big chunk" they own ALL of it !!

I don't trust MOST of them either but you can't trust ANY with a D after their names. For them it is party first and country LAST !

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/22/19 05:23 AM

Interesting.. How could my eco teacher not teach me these things crazy

Re: Moms Demand Action - 08/22/19 10:04 AM

I’m curious how much you would do it for. Let’s play hire a CEO.

Our company is 15,000 EEs strong.

You will be responsible for ensuring all of them act morally an ethically with a chance of going to jail should they fail to do so.

We expect you to meet with not only leaders of the country but foreign leaders as well. This is not negotiable and it will be required when we ask and where. We don’t want to hear about T ball and Dance recitals, we call, you go.

You will dress the part as well.

Some other things you might want to think about.

Trapping, what is that?

You may be spending as much as a month away from your family at any given time so plan accordingly.

Let’s start the bidding, are you in for 80,000.00/yr?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums