Home

Trapping Today Podcast

Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Trapping Today Podcast - 08/18/19 12:05 AM

I've said it before but I wanted to make anyone who isn't already aware of Jeremiah's podcast aware of it. He covers about every topic you can imagine and is enjoyable to listen to. Great way to wake up on a Saturday or Sunday morning, listening to trapping talk while you drink your coffee. Thanks Jeremiah for putting on some great entertainment.
Posted By: jeremygranado36

Re: Trapping Today Podcast - 08/18/19 12:23 AM

Where can we here this?
Posted By: nyhuntfish

Re: Trapping Today Podcast - 08/18/19 12:26 AM

Both RSS (Android) and iTunes (Apple) links For Jeremiah's "Trapping Today" podcast at the bottom of (in the podcast section):

https://www.trappersreport.com/

Re: Trapping Today Podcast - 08/18/19 12:54 AM

Here is where I listen to it on my morning free time...

https://trappingtoday.com/
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Trapping Today Podcast - 08/18/19 01:26 AM

I enjoy listening to the pod-casts when I've got a lot on my mind and trying to fall asleep. Clint's is good to listen to as well. I also enjoy the guy from Georgia I believe the coyote trapping school or whatever. Don't agree with everything they say but some of it is interesting.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Trapping Today Podcast - 08/18/19 01:29 AM

I have the Trapping Today podcast on my iPhone, downloaded it free from the Apple App Store.

I plug it into my truck's auxiliary port and listen to it through my speakers whenever I'm driving somewhere more than twenty minutes or so.

Jeremiah Wood does an excellent job of keeping it interesting and entertaining.
Posted By: Mac

Re: Trapping Today Podcast - 08/18/19 11:17 AM

Mr. Wood is great young guy. Glad to see some young blood in the business.

Re: Trapping Today Podcast - 08/18/19 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mac
Mr. Wood is great young guy. Glad to see some young blood in the business.

We need it. I'm 31 and everyone I meet who has kids or is my age and shows an interest in trapping I encourage them to get into it if they show any interest at all.
Posted By: Jonesie

Re: Trapping Today Podcast - 08/18/19 12:49 PM

good pod cast.
Posted By: son-of-grizz

Re: Trapping Today Podcast - 08/18/19 01:12 PM

Spotify carries it. Along with scuttlebutt from trapping Inc. and the traphouse from Hoosier trapper.
Posted By: Mac

Re: Trapping Today Podcast - 08/18/19 01:17 PM

At Olson's trappers days both Neil and one of the fine demonstrators mentioned how few kids attended compared to a few years ago. A fine gentleman who gave a great marten trapping demonstration asked those of us watching the demo to look around. How many people do you see under that age of 35. One young man raised his hand and I bet he was darn close.
Our group is getting smaller. During almost every demo the guy giving it mentioned how we need to draw more folks into what we do.

Mac
Posted By: Jeremiah Wood

Re: Trapping Today Podcast - 08/19/19 01:11 AM

Thanks Eric and others for plugging the podcast, and for your continued support. Listenership is growing like crazy the past couple of months, way beyond my expectations, and I'm extremely humbled and motivated by that. Had 20 or 30 listeners run into me and say hi at Neil's this weekend, it was incredible, and a great opportunity to put faces to some of you and hear about your interests, experiences, etc.

I just uploaded this week's episode, a recap of the New England Trappers Weekend. (www.trappingtoday.com, itunes, wherever you get podcasts, or just google it. If you found trapperman, surely you can find it) Had a blast and got to spend time around a bunch of great folks, including those whose names I've forgotten, as well as guys like like Red O'Hearn, Eric Martin, J.P. Wilson, Billy Thompson, Neil Olson, Jim Gibb, John Daniels, Russ Carman, Woody Dubray, Randy Cross, and many others. What a blast.

Mac, I couldn't raise my hand at Jerry's demo as I'm right at 35 yrs old :-) but that was my friend Cole who raised his hand. One thing Jerry didn't mention was the pile of youngsters above Neil's garage taking their trapper education course, who couldn't attend the demos. He brought up a lot of good points that shouldn't be ignored, but I think it's important to focus on the positive as well. I talked with a number of young, enthusiastic trappers over the course of the weekend. The future of trapping might not be rosy, but I'm not ready to give up on it. We need to reach future trappers in the places they consume information, and right now those would be Youtube, Facebook, Instagram and Podcasts. I've said it in the podcast before, and I believe it more than ever: you'd be surprised the number of people who are predisposed to be trappers, they just don't know it yet!

Re: Trapping Today Podcast - 08/19/19 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by jwood
The future of trapping might not be rosy, but I'm not ready to give up on it. We need to reach future trappers in the places they consume information, and right now those would be Youtube, Facebook, Instagram and Podcasts. I've said it in the podcast before, and I believe it more than ever: you'd be surprised the number of people who are predisposed to be trappers, they just don't know it yet!

Very well said, Jeremiah!
Posted By: Jonnytrapper

Re: Trapping Today Podcast - 08/19/19 11:48 PM

I brought my son last year and my daughter this year. John Pingley saw us and another young person watching his demo and gave out some of his lure to them after. My kids will be trappers and sportsman if I have to burn the computers and TV in the front lawn!

Jeremiah, do you ever make it to the Windsor rendezvous?
Posted By: Btoutdoors

Re: Trapping Today Podcast - 08/20/19 12:39 AM

It is great! I have been listing all day!
Posted By: Jeremiah Wood

Re: Trapping Today Podcast - 08/20/19 02:39 AM

Hey Jonny, I haven't been past few years, only enough time to do one convention for me. Maybe in the future. Glad you made it.
Also, Thanks bt!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums