Home

Getting soft and sick of it

Posted By: Zim

Getting soft and sick of it - 08/21/19 10:52 PM

Gonna try to get my head and body back into some semblance of what I think I can still do.
Never gonna be 18 again (thank God) but still got a lot of miles left on me.
I do however seem to get better looking every day. LOL

Zim
Posted By: Finster

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/21/19 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Zim
Gonna try to get my head and body back into some semblance of what I think I can still do.

Zim

You too??? I though I was the only one that got better looking everyday???? wink

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/21/19 11:05 PM

It is probably an affliction that you and I only suffer from Finster.

Zim
Posted By: MJM

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/21/19 11:09 PM

Zim, go stir up some hornets. Those wind sprints are good for you. The hornets will make you sprint, even if you don't feel up to it.

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/21/19 11:13 PM

Thanks Mark, it is the cardiac arrest part after said sprint that concerns me.

Zim
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/21/19 11:18 PM

They make a little blue bill that might help with your softness.

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/21/19 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River

I get enough bills as it is.
Most of the late ones are in red.

Zim
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/21/19 11:23 PM

Even Batman lets go now and then Batman HD!

[Linked Image]

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/21/19 11:26 PM

Thanks Jerry.

Zim
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/21/19 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Zim

Zim

I’ve told my wife that. She tells me there’s no where to go but up in the looks department.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/21/19 11:32 PM

Zim, My mind still thinks I'm 18. My body thinks my mind is an idiot. grin
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/21/19 11:48 PM

I’m sick of my knees killing me and my bones hurting..
But got to keep marching on, I Reckon
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/21/19 11:50 PM

I'm just sick and tired, of being sick and tired.

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 12:20 AM

How come there is not an "Old Farts Day" or some such celebration on this site?
At the risk of being banned for good, I will suggest that Mr. Paul take on this task.

See ya in Marshfield Paul

Zim
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by MJM
Zim, go stir up some hornets. Those wind sprints are good for you. The hornets will make you sprint, even if you don't feel up to it.

Fill your pockets with onions and ibuprofen and run like Finster, run. grin
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 12:34 AM

In Zim's honor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldQrapQ4d0Y

Chris

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 12:35 AM

Well Catch, I have never had a need to have an onion in my pocket but as life goes on I seem to desire a good pain reliever every now and again.

Zim

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 12:36 AM

Been hitting the rotisserie hard this summer and that seems to keep the summer weight off I don't eat the skin so it seems to work?

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Zim
Well Catch, I have never had a need to have an onion in my pocket but as life goes on I seem to desire a good pain reliever every now and again.

Zim

grin

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Hodagtrapper

Thank you so much Chris. Are ya coming down to the Marshfield shindig in a couple three weeks?
Moosey has a new hip and claims he is ready for a foot race.
Patrice, myself and crew will be putting on a really big T-Man Feed on Friday night, hope to see ya then.

Take care, Zim
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by MJM

grin Yes they will!

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Zim

Thank you so much Bonehead. Are ya coming down to the Marshfield shindig in a couple three weeks?
Patrice, myself and crew will be putting on a really big T-Man Feed on Friday night, hope to see ya then.

Take care, Zim

Bonehead??? I resemble that remark! grin Can't make the shindig unfortunately as it is a great event! Thanks for all the effort that you and Patrice put into the feed!

Chris

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Zim

Thank you so much Bonehead. Are ya coming down to the Marshfield shindig in a couple three weeks?

Zim

Being that's my birthday Zim, can you come and pick me up and drive me to the feed. We can talk in depth on the way up north about our shared affliction of young women hitting on us because they think we're so young and handsome. grin
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 12:59 AM

"I'm Batman."

Moosetrot

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 01:00 AM

Dang it all Hodag, always fun to shoot the breeze with you and those no account groupies that hang out with you. LOL

Zim

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot
"I'm Batman."

Moosetrot

Oh, this changes things. Now we have two, is someone lying or...........

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 01:16 AM

Well Catch, I'm thinking I had best come a day early to fetch you as it is likely to be a long conversation.
If'n we had Hodag and Moosy along we would likely solve the world's problems and redefine the second amendment to the Constitution.
Zim

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Zim
Well Catch, I'm thinking I had best come a day early to fetch you as it is likely to be a long conversation.
If'n we had Hodag and Moosy along we would likely solve the world's problems and redefine the second amendment to the Constitution.
Zim

We would have to drive around Illinois though!

Chris

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Zim
Zim

That's sound thinking. Gather up the best minds who happen to be the best looking and we can do this for the populous. I'll be waiting on the porch tapping my left foot wearing camo and a stylish, but yet non extending fedora. grin

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 01:25 AM

I could bring an ostrich plume for your Fedora!

Moosetrot

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 01:30 AM

I could bring an ostrich plume for your Fedora!

Moosetrot

Moosey, will that be for free or are you expecting me to convert to a Packers fan lol. It seems as though the plan is starting to derail. grin
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Pike River

Remember Zim those blue bills are actually Canadian 5 dollar notes.

Originally Posted by Zim

Zim

The onions are to be used on the wasp/hornet stings for immediate pain relief. Cut fresh and place over sting.

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 01:34 AM

Just because the plume is green and gold doesn't mean we are trying to convert you! Trust us!

Moosetrot
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 01:55 AM

Wish I could make it to Marshfield, but prolly not in the cards this year. Momma got a new hip this spring, and just for giggles, I started going with her to the gym. Talked to her rehab guy about my back, and he showed me a coupla machines that he thought would help. Been going pretty faithfully, and by darn, I think he is right. Trying to get another season or three out of this old body before I slow down to a crawl! Good luck with your plans, Bud!
Posted By: white17

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Zim

Zim

I didn't know that hornets suffered cardiac arrest !

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by white17
Originally Posted by Zim

Zim

I didn't know that hornets suffered cardiac arrest !

It's true they do. I watched roots on the tv, I know. grin
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 02:03 AM

Hang in there Zim, this time of year I eat a plate full of tomatoes sliced every day and a half a sauce pan of green beans along side some bacon every day. That's how I keep my girlish figure. And if I'm feeling feint, one of them giant Hershey bars for good measure.

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 02:04 AM

Just because the plume is green and gold doesn't mean we are trying to convert you! Trust us!

Moosetrot

Ain't fallin for that again lol. I would prefer a Llama feather.....

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 02:15 AM

Just for the books, we ain't gonna drive through Illinois. Take the ferry east across Lake Michigan and then slink down into Ohio to pick up Catch.
Dang it all Lee, we would have to pour the coal to the ferry to get to Kansas, sure would be nice to see you again.

Zim
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 02:26 AM

I hope your "shape up" plan works for you Zim. Today I am 4 weeks past my right hip replacement surgery. All is going well but still quite limited in endurance. I had almost 3 months of real pain and limitations so I lost a lot of leg strength and could not go to the gym so upper arms went down hill as well. I have been walking 20 miles a week and 2 days a week in the gym for 6 years. Sitting around feeling sorry for one self I have gained about 12 lbs. and lost muscle. I can feel myself getting stronger each day but at 71 one can slide down hill a whole lot faster then I can climb back up.

Bryce
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 02:27 AM

Getting old aint for sissies.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 02:28 AM

Zim...just looked it up....19 hours and 46 minutes to Marshfield...from my front door. Sounds like a good gathering....it’s on my bucket list. Nevah been to Cheese Land before ....

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 02:29 AM

I know what you are going through, Bryce! Hang in there. Fall is coming!

Moosetrot

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi
I hope your "shape up" plan works for you Zim. Today I am 4 weeks past my right hip replacement surgery. All is going well but still quite limited in endurance. I had almost 3 months of real pain and limitations so I lost a lot of leg strength and could not go to the gym so upper arms went down hill as well. I have been walking 20 miles a week and 2 days a week in the gym for 6 years. Sitting around feeling sorry for one self I have gained about 12 lbs. and lost muscle. I can feel myself getting stronger each day but at 71 one can slide down hill a whole lot faster then I can climb back up.

Bryce

But don't feed the bulldog. I've been around long enough on here to know your tough, so get it on man. Best wishes are intended, but a swift kick in the arse is what I send.

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi

Bryce

Hoping the best for you Bryce !!
I keep a 10 lb barbell next to my computer and do as many curls every day as I can...........while reading. At least I hope I can maneuver on crutches well enough if that time ever comes !! Would prefer the BIG ONE prior to that )))
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Zim
It is probably an affliction that you and I only suffer from Finster.

Zim

Beer goggles and a mirror can play funny tricks on the eyes

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 02:56 AM

Bottom line................Handsome was never the hard part !!
Posted By: snowy

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Even Batman lets go now and then Batman HD!

[Linked Image]

LOL! Now that is hilarious!

What?????? If'n ya look up handsome in Webster's dictionary you will find my picture right there.
I think that was in the second addition under the bridge copyright.

Zim

I start to fix up to go someplace and I tell the wife I better stop or the ladies will never leave me alone! wink

Re: Getting soft and sick of it - 08/22/19 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Zim...just looked it up....19 hours and 46 minutes to Marshfield...from my front door. Sounds like a good gathering....it’s on my bucket list. Nevah been to Cheese Land before ....

You get ovah here to Wisconsin Nessy and I'll buy yah a cheese curd.

Zim
© 2024 Trapperman Forums