Home

Idaho magic valley wolfs

Posted By: idahome

Idaho magic valley wolfs - 08/22/19 07:31 PM

https://magicvalley.com/outdoors/li...rce=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share
Show this to the the anti's!
Posted By: white17

Re: Idaho magic valley wolfs - 08/22/19 08:31 PM

I would like to have Gulo's input on this one.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Idaho magic valley wolfs - 08/22/19 08:47 PM

Me too ...I thought the same thing ...on the wolvvvvvvvvves wink
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Idaho magic valley wolfs - 08/22/19 09:28 PM

I've said from the get go that this wolf reintroduction was just stupid. The old ranchers I trapped on in Wy, years ago talked about the last lobos that they tried and tried to get rid of. I belive the last one in that area was killed in 47, and then the coyote war started! But big game flourished, and spotsmen were happy. Then some young college boy who knew everything they taught in biology, convinced the feds that this wolf deal was good for everybody....then the tree huggers, bunny huggers and the wolf huggers climbed aboard! Have I got it right so far, in the view of an old trapper that has been around the block a coupla times?
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Idaho magic valley wolfs - 08/22/19 09:52 PM

I personally believe the entire state of Idaho needs to be open to wolf hunting and trapping. These critters have no boundaries.
Posted By: Gulo

Re: Idaho magic valley wolfs - 08/23/19 12:55 AM

Move along, folks. Nothing to see here. ...

Really? This guy is a reporter? There was nothing, absolutely nothing, in the article. He gets a couple of quotes from my neighbor up in Leadore, another quote from a rancher in Whitebird and then from the retired director of Idaho Fish and Game, then spouts all the alarmist drivel he can to raise the ire of everyone that reads his non-article? What a wash-out, but in my mind, pretty typical of today's "news" articles.

Jack
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Idaho magic valley wolfs - 08/23/19 01:01 AM

grin Felt the same way to me also , Jack. Same old stuff.
Posted By: white17

Re: Idaho magic valley wolfs - 08/23/19 03:12 AM

From the article........." “The fact is, there’s more wolves born each year than have been harvested in any given season,” .......... Well no crap Sherlock !! If the reverse was true you wouldn't have a wolf population would you ????

If you have a total of 1000 wolves .....let's say you might have 2500 pups MAYBE ! Are that many harvested each year ? NO. Do all of those survive to adulthood ? No !

If you don't like the wolf numbers, get proficient and go trap them !
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Idaho magic valley wolfs - 08/23/19 03:20 AM

Yeah, I gotta say from the first paragraph it was obvious this was not a neutral article. It's almost as bad as the articles the anti's/bunny huggers write. No one can write from a neutral, INFORMATIVE perspective anymore.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums