Home

Honey comb down a dirt hole ?

Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Honey comb down a dirt hole ? - 08/29/19 05:22 PM

Anyone ever try it, does it work Effectively?

Just extracted some honey from hives and had a good amount of loose come. Thought it might work what say
you?
Posted By: warrior

Re: Honey comb down a dirt hole ? - 08/29/19 05:40 PM

Works best for coon and skunk though the wax is to valuable for that.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Honey comb down a dirt hole ? - 08/29/19 05:43 PM

Yogi would probably like it too......Hey BooBoo, I have found a honey hole!
Posted By: warrior

Re: Honey comb down a dirt hole ? - 08/29/19 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by QuietButDeadly
Yogi would probably like it too......Hey BooBoo, I have found a honey hole!

Probably would but I ain't dealt with yogi in my area nor would I want to get a bad habit started. If there's one critter beekeepers truly hate it's yogi.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Honey comb down a dirt hole ? - 08/29/19 05:55 PM

A guy was just in my office this morning. He's been raising bees the last couple of years. He's had some trouble with mites. He seems to have cleared that up until yogi came a calling. He tried electric fence. When that didn't work, he started playing heavy metal music 24/7. He lives out in the country. He said believe it or not, seems to be working. Yogi doesn't seem to like it.
Posted By: patfundine

Re: Honey comb down a dirt hole ? - 08/29/19 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
A guy was just in my office this morning. He's been raising bees the last couple of years. He's had some trouble with mites. He seems to have cleared that up until yogi came a calling. He tried electric fence. When that didn't work, he started playing heavy metal music 24/7. He lives out in the country. He said believe it or not, seems to be working. Yogi doesn't seem to like it.

Yogi has been around my neighborhood..... I couldn't get away with the music it would attract the meth heads.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Honey comb down a dirt hole ? - 08/29/19 07:17 PM

The guy said once yogi gets a taste of honey, an electric fence doesn't stop him. But, the heavy metal seems to have. It would stop me! laugh
Yogi visiting is better than meth heads. No telling what they would do.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Honey comb down a dirt hole ? - 08/29/19 07:46 PM

Sounds like good bait for Winnie the Poo
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: Honey comb down a dirt hole ? - 08/29/19 08:14 PM

Never used wax nest but knew an oldtimer that used paper wasp and hornet's nest in a hole to soak up the lure and give eye appeal.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums