Home

Mystery

Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Mystery - 08/31/19 04:08 AM

My wife shot a ruffed grouse tonight and tossed it in the back of the pickup as we were headed home. When we got home no grouse. It was head shot with a 20 gauge shotgun, no rough roads, what happened?
Posted By: yooperfur

Re: Mystery - 08/31/19 06:34 AM

bird of prey got it, I had an owl chase me down the road trying to get a dead rabbit out of the back of my truck!!
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Mystery - 08/31/19 10:48 AM

Alien abduction.
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Mystery - 08/31/19 12:49 PM

Ted, but one time while I was living in North Dakota I was headed home after bagging two roosters over the dogs. Dogs were in the back in their crates and the roosters were in my game vest in the backseat. Next thing I knew, one of the roosters came back to life and was standing on the center console of my 4runner, wide-eyed and staring right at me. I was on the highway so I probably looked like a DUI waiting to happen as I swerved all over the road as the rooster came to life and started flapping around everywhere. I managed to grab a leg as I abruptly swerved over to the shoulder in a cloud of dust and practiced my best tomahawk throw against the side of the passenger door. This was enough to stun it so I could properly dispatch it. Still got scars on my hand from it's free leg spurring me. Long story short, what I believe happened is that my bird shot must have hit it in the head but not actually penetrated the skull, instead just knocking it out. So 15 minutes or so later when I got back to the truck and headed home it must have come out of it's fog.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Mystery - 08/31/19 01:08 PM

Stranger things happen... probably did stun it.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Mystery - 08/31/19 10:18 PM

Mothman?
Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Re: Mystery - 08/31/19 11:52 PM

That is kind of what I thought. I had a ruffed come to life in my blazer one time, I was still finding feathers years later when I sold it.
Posted By: imlvt

Re: Mystery - 09/01/19 12:07 AM

I see a new tv program ......... Grouse Walking Dead.

Gunna be a lot of drumming in the background sounds !!!!

Re: Mystery - 09/01/19 01:33 AM

Imagine the stories that grouse is going to tell the others in the woods. "Oh yeah, Bill, suuuure you were abducted by a couple of aliens and held captive on their steel, 4 wheeled ship... And suuuure you escaped and are here to tell us about it."
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Mystery - 09/01/19 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Wild_Idaho
Imagine the stories that grouse is going to tell the others in the woods. "Oh yeah, Bill, suuuure you were abducted by a couple of aliens and held captive on their steel, 4 wheeled ship... And suuuure you escaped and are here to tell us about it."

grin
Posted By: white17

Re: Mystery - 09/01/19 03:29 PM

We need to have Gulo tell the story of a marten coming back to life.........in the airplane !!
Posted By: Minker

Re: Mystery - 09/01/19 09:06 PM

Lol !
I bet that got interesting real quick .

Re: Mystery - 09/01/19 10:59 PM

Alright Jack, I gotta hear this story... my pheasant has nothing on that.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Mystery - 09/03/19 12:15 AM

Or my coon!
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Mystery - 09/03/19 12:39 AM

I don't know but years ago a guy I trust told me he hit a grouse while checking traps with his truck. Shortly afterwards he gets checked by wardens and gets a fine for a grouse in the bed of his truck with no small game license. He never knew that it ended up in his bed and the law didn't believe him- he got a fine.
Posted By: EmmaLee in Fbks

Re: Mystery - 09/03/19 01:07 AM

I’d like too hear that story too Ken. I bet it got mighty crazy in that plane! Isn’t it about time for a trip to Fairbanks? Always welcome at our house.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums