Home

Ruger SR22

Posted By: LDW

Ruger SR22 - 08/31/19 09:37 AM

Thinking about buying one for a trap line pistol. Good or bad, what's your thoughts about it.
Posted By: ETexTrapper

Re: Ruger SR22 - 08/31/19 09:43 AM

Had good luck with mine. No complaints.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Ruger SR22 - 08/31/19 11:53 AM

I really like my SR22 a lot, so much so that on the trapline I use my Heritage Rough Rider with .22 shorts. I won't take my fun gun on the trapline, but the SR22 is still a great pistol.
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Ruger SR22 - 08/31/19 01:12 PM

Only reason I dislike mine is that it did not fit my hand but it digested any round that I put in it without a problem I ended up giving it to my daughter and she loves it

For me the grip is just to dang small and poor fitting because of big hands so if you have bigger hands you might want to pick one up and try it on for fit but otherwise you can’t go wrong with one in my opinion
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Ruger SR22 - 08/31/19 01:33 PM

I use my Heritage RR on the trap line. My SR22 is too nice of a firearm for everyday bottom of the boat use!

Chris
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Ruger SR22 - 08/31/19 01:58 PM

I know it isnt what you asked, but if you get a chance check out the mark 4 22/45 lite. Its my new trapline pistol and a heck of an upgrade over my heritage rr. I can now shoot rabbits out to 25yds or more. range of my rr was about 10ft accurately

Re: Ruger SR22 - 08/31/19 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by The Possum Man
I know it isnt what you asked, but if you get a chance check out the mark 4 22/45 lite. Its my new trapline pistol and a heck of an upgrade over my heritage rr. I can now shoot rabbits out to 25yds or more. range of my rr was about 10ft accurately

I know what you mean about the RR. I hate that pistol, not sure it's accurate at 10 ft. I'll check the Mark out. My friend just bought his son a SR22, so I got to handle it. I have small hands, fits fine.
Posted By: doublesettrigger

Re: Ruger SR22 - 08/31/19 04:01 PM

good

Re: Ruger SR22 - 08/31/19 10:02 PM

My Rough Rider has Tru Glow adjustable sights with 6.5 inch barrel it is as accurate, or more accurate than my SR22 at 20 yards. In my opinion both guns will serve you well. Rough Riders sell as fast as some shops get them in, Dunhams often has them for $99.00 Ruger now makes a very similar single action revolver that is probably a great gun too.

Re: Ruger SR22 - 08/31/19 10:05 PM

My Rough Rider only has a front blade sight, nothing on the rear.
Posted By: varmintshooter

Re: Ruger SR22 - 09/01/19 12:38 AM

I have two SR22's.. One has a threaded barrel ad the other does not. Submerged, mud, dirt high power ammo or CCI rat shot they work great. Most of the time it will not eject a rat shot but it will eject and reload manually. It's small and fits in my wader chest pocket perfit.My guns get wet practically everyday and still work great. Subsonic lead hollow point ammo at 25 years or less it's dead on. Better eyes and maybe farther. Love the gun.
Posted By: varmintshooter

Re: Ruger SR22 - 09/01/19 12:39 AM

I have two SR22's.. One has a threaded barrel ad the other does not. Submerged, mud, dirt high power ammo or CCI rat shot they work great. Most of the time it will not eject a rat shot but it will eject and reload manually. It's small and fits in my wader chest pocket perfit.My guns get wet practically everyday and still work great. Subsonic lead hollow point ammo at 25 years or less it's dead on. Better eyes and maybe farther. Love the gun.

Re: Ruger SR22 - 09/01/19 10:12 AM

I see Ruger has the SR22 with a bit longer barrel along with many finish selections. I am weak, I see me wishing, wanting and buying another SR22. I also have a Jimenez JA22 $139.00 that seems very reliable with standard LR ammo, I may take it trapping as its not much bigger than a pack of smokes, very accurate at dispatch range.
Posted By: nh toe pincher

Re: Ruger SR22 - 09/01/19 11:37 AM

I like my sr22. functions flawlessly with all ammo types I've thrown at it. it's a very comfortable carry gun, most would say 22 is too small for ccw but I feel confident I could unbutton a bad guys shirt with it from 25 yards. my only complaint is the safe/fire lever is backwards from all the other semi auto pistols I have used. fire position is up instead of down. that could lead to a fumble in a high stress situation.
Posted By: nh toe pincher

Re: Ruger SR22 - 09/01/19 11:38 AM

I like my sr22. functions flawlessly with all ammo types I've thrown at it. it's a very comfortable carry gun, most would say 22 is too small for ccw but I feel confident I could unbutton a bad guys shirt with it from 25 yards. my only complaint is the safe/fire lever is backwards from all the other semi auto pistols I have used. fire position is up instead of down. that could lead to a fumble in a high stress situation.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums