Home

Crossbow question.

Posted By: Ave

Crossbow question. - 09/04/19 12:31 AM

Hey guys, I’ve got a Parker crossbow and have a question about the accuracy. I’m using the factory scope that has lines at 20,30,40, and 50 yards, top to bottom. Normally, the bow is a tack driver from 20-50 yards after I sight it in at 20. Lately however, I’ve noticed that the bow has very tight groups at 20 and 30 yards, but it starts to get very inaccurate at 40 and 50. Any ideas as to why this is happening? Thanks
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Crossbow question. - 09/04/19 12:32 AM

Have you used different bolts or heads lately?

Chris
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Crossbow question. - 09/04/19 12:35 AM

The longer range the dispersion is going to get wider.
Posted By: Ohiowoodchuck

Re: Crossbow question. - 09/04/19 12:48 AM

String and or cable stretched letting the cams be out of time.

Re: Crossbow question. - 09/04/19 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Hodagtrapper
Have you used different bolts or heads lately?

Chris

Nope. I’ve been using the same bolts for a long time.
Posted By: bic

Re: Crossbow question. - 09/04/19 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Ohiowoodchuck
String and or cable stretched letting the cams be out of time.

X2

Re: Crossbow question. - 09/04/19 01:32 AM

I’ve been using the string for 7 years, but it doesn’t seem to show any wear. Parker went out of business in 2018, do you think that the replacement strings would be hard to find?
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Crossbow question. - 09/04/19 02:03 AM

What are you using for sights? Scope? Check that whatever you have is tight. There is a lot of Spriong! going on in both directions when a crossbow is fired.
I have a Parker and it has been deadly accurate out to 50. All I need to know is if the end of the beer can is at 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50 yards, and I will hit it every time if I do my part.
Make sure that your issue is not "rusty Ave" related. Take your time and shoot it a bunch. I don't shoot mine often enough to be able to just grab it up and hit bullseyes with it. Since It doesn't fit me the same as my rifles, and the balance is different, it takes me a while to get back in the groove with it.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Crossbow question. - 09/04/19 02:34 AM

Out of tune..x3.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Crossbow question. - 09/04/19 02:37 AM

Cable stretch/ serving creep.
Sounds like that the problem
Or operator error.
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Crossbow question. - 09/04/19 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Ave
I’ve been using the string for 7 years, but it doesn’t seem to show any wear. Parker went out of business in 2018, do you think that the replacement strings would be hard to find?

Check on EBAY, there's strings there for parker crossbows.
Posted By: Hobbs

Re: Crossbow question. - 09/04/19 02:02 PM

Someone makes aftermarket strings for it. I change the strings on my vertical bow every 3 years minimum.
Posted By: illinideer

Re: Crossbow question. - 09/04/19 04:47 PM

I put a set of 60x strings on my compound and been pleased with them . I looked on their web page and they also make xbow strings. I would have a shop ck the tuning and make sure the scope and mount are tight like others have mentioned here. Plus the limb assembly if it bolts to the front of the stalk.
J
© 2024 Trapperman Forums