Home

ID OPINIONS

Posted By: MnMan

ID OPINIONS - 09/06/19 12:22 AM

This could very well be a pig castrator but because the head is not showing there have been a few questions raised about it's identity. The legs look long enough to be a wolf but the chest is pretty shallow and it probably is a coyote being as it is only a half mile from my home. This was taken from a friend's trail camera recently. Pretty nicely furred for this early I think.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: imissed

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/06/19 12:25 AM

Small wolf is my guess.

If it's a yote that be a big one!
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/06/19 12:44 AM

I agree about the legs, but I'm saying Coyote on account of the feet don't look big enough to say wolf. What did I win!?!?!!??.....a fully guided outing with Trapstick Man??
Posted By: white17

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/06/19 12:52 AM

Coyote !!

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/06/19 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by J.Morse
I agree about the legs, but I'm saying Coyote on account of the feet don't look big enough to say wolf. What did I win!?!?!!??.....a fully guided outing with Trapstick Man??

Trapstickman usually does not do any guided trips due to the fact that he hates to be responsible for someone else's disappointment. He might, however, consider taking you along to do some photography on one of his Bigfoot hunts.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/06/19 03:18 AM

Where did you find the picture of Trapstick Man wrassling trapperles.
Posted By: tlguy

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/06/19 03:20 AM

The legs look long, but it also looks like the photo is zoomed and cropped, which would throw off the proportions.
Posted By: white17

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/06/19 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by MnMan

Trapstickman usually does not do any guided trips due to the fact that he hates to be responsible for someone else's disappointment. He might, however, consider taking you along to do some photography on one of his Bigfoot hunts.
[Linked Image]

Does Bigfoot FLOAT ????????

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/06/19 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

What a coincidence.....I was thinking of him when I posted that. The resemblance is amazing, isn't it?

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/06/19 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by white17

Have you ever seen one that didn't?
Posted By: 20scout

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/06/19 03:31 AM

A few wolves have been seen around here the last few years so it wouldn't surprise me if it was one. Neck looks a bit think for coyote but that's just my opinion.
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/06/19 02:11 PM

Sign me up MnMan, I may be of some value as a squatch caller-upper guy, what with all my experience communicating with my Brides family!
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/06/19 02:37 PM

[Linked Image]

Looks like a wookie.
Posted By: 160user

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/06/19 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by white17

Have you ever seen one that didn't?

Most that I have seen require at least 6 cement blocks to get them to sink.
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/06/19 03:46 PM

Looks like a large coyote to me!
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/06/19 04:52 PM

Coy wolf maybe?.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/06/19 04:57 PM

I would say yote as I've never seen a wolf in the wild. But it could be a German Shepard too IMO.
Posted By: Ringbill5196

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/06/19 05:07 PM

Assuming the aspen log is 15 inches or less it would be pretty small for a wolf.
The tail is not out further, suggesting coyote.
The part I don't get is that fur is awful thick and full. Much more than I see on either this time of year. That tail would be a very prime coyote in December. Even to full for a wolf in September. For the reason of the fur I would go with a domestic if I was betting the odds. Domestic dogs have much thicker fur than wild canines until October or later.

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/06/19 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ringbill5196
Assuming the aspen log is 15 inches or less it would be pretty small for a wolf.
The tail is not out further, suggesting coyote.
The part I don't get is that fur is awful thick and full. Much more than I see on either this time of year. That tail would be a very prime coyote in December. Even to full for a wolf in September. For the reason of the fur I would go with a domestic if I was betting the odds. Domestic dogs have much thicker fur than wild canines until October or later.

I'm having a hard time figuring out the thick fur for this time of the year too. It does not look like any domestic that I have ever seen and most in this area would be wearing some type of collar. It is not unusual for a wolf to be seen in this area but there are far more coyotes so coyote is more likely but it is sure a nice looking one if it is.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/07/19 01:11 AM

What a coincidence.....I was thinking of him when I posted that. The resemblance is amazing, isn't it?

I am not that hairy, but then there is a caricature type similarity about that drawing .
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/07/19 01:13 AM

Looks like him in all regards!

Chris
Posted By: trapper les

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/07/19 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tom cat
Coy wolf maybe?.

They are a myth.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: ID OPINIONS - 09/07/19 01:22 AM

Too bad you didn't see the tracks. That would pretty much tell you which one it is.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums