Home

" The Big Butch " / Warren Rogers?

Posted By: Pest's Dad

" The Big Butch " / Warren Rogers? - 09/09/19 04:02 AM

Anyone remember a guy, went by the ebay handle " The Big Butch "? He was an extremely well thought of Trap Collector. Sadly passed about fifteen years back. I'm almost sure I remember his name was Warren Rogers? Gerstell showed one of his B&L #1's in his book.

Anyway ..... Cutting to the chase; I got on extremely well with " Uncle Butch ", as I called him. And he mentioned a ~ then ~ youngster he knew. Lad was into vehicle registration plates. I was in england, at that time. I managed to get an english plate and send it to this kid, via Butch.

Youngster would now be a man. I'd like to get in touch with him. Anyone, please feel free to talk to me here, or by PM.

My thanks to the Mod who guided me here.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: " The Big Butch " / Warren Rogers? - 09/09/19 06:44 PM

To the top.
Posted By: Cameron Kelsey

Re: " The Big Butch " / Warren Rogers? - 09/10/19 09:57 AM

Good luck in your search. Hopefully you can find the guy you are looking for.
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: " The Big Butch " / Warren Rogers? - 09/10/19 07:32 PM

Thanks, guys. I haven't given up in the best part of fifteen years. No intention of doing so now grin

It just bugs me that a friend of a once very dear friend might appreciate what is becoming an ever more desirable old number plate. It's sat on my shelf. And when I go? It'll probably be there till nature reclaims this place.

Just to throw in here; If anyone has a copy of Gerstell knocking about? I'm pretty sure the Blake and Lamb is mentioned in like the introductory chapter of the book? #1? Ancient and funny looking little thing. Something about the pan shape? There's a photo.

It credits the trap as being in the (I'm sure it says) " Warren Rogers Collection ". I'd love clarification. Terrible how the mind shuts down, in so short a time, at this age!

Finally; Just so there's no misreading of my intentions here? I don't want a cent for this plate. I'd be delighted to send it, post paid, through Paul, or who ever. I'm just trying to do this in my old mates memory.

Thanks.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums