Home

Permission to be armed

Posted By: danny clifton

Permission to be armed - 09/11/19 09:42 AM

If you go to the VA hospital in Topeka KS there is a sign on the door.

For your protection all firearms knives and other weapons are not allowed

I have asked several people there, how requiring people, especially veterans, to be unarmed, makes them safer. So far just crickets for an answer.

Now Kansas City MO and St Louis are saying state law must be changed to only allow concealed carry after permission is given by the city. I have the same question and so far no answer. So I will reiterate, how does being unarmed, or in this case asking permission, make anyone safer????????????????????????
Posted By: trapNH

Re: Permission to be armed - 09/11/19 09:52 AM

Sounds like more government BS.
Posted By: PBS

Re: Permission to be armed - 09/11/19 09:56 AM

The whole idea of needing a permit is a scam. The 2nd amendment is your permit. We bought into the whole "permit" piece because we thought that was a step forward in the right direction. I'ts like needing a ticket to a free event. You dont really need the ticket wink
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Permission to be armed - 09/11/19 12:20 PM

It makes the would-be criminals safer. Nobody can defend themselves.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Permission to be armed - 09/11/19 12:34 PM

It doesn't make a place any safer.
Here you can't carry in hospitals. I had neurologists in a university hospital here where I felt the need to carry because a lot of the patients there are/ were very sketchy but yet state law and the no weapons sign posted at the doors
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Permission to be armed - 09/11/19 12:40 PM

It is your duty and obligation as a father and husband to protect family and yourself at all times.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Permission to be armed - 09/11/19 12:55 PM

It's a feel good thing for people who are not used to being around guns/knives.
Fire station was same way. Could have my carry gun in my truck parked in lot. Weren't allowed to carry them in station even off duty. Sign on door is gun and knife with the circle line threw it with no weapons allowed.. Most days while working I had 5 or more different knives on me depending on how was dressed. All ok as part of my duty gear technically my 3 daily carry knives weren't allowed once my shift was over.
Like I said all feel good crap for general public.

Mac
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Permission to be armed - 09/11/19 01:00 PM

state carry law should preempt the city law or you end up with a mine field of gotchas for carry holders.

no free person should need a license or permit form the government to go armed.

but if there is it should definitely be at the state level telling the cities they can fix their own poop first the rest of the state is doing just fine without their problems.

gun buster signs make no one but the criminal safer and should be renamed criminal safety zones.
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Permission to be armed - 09/11/19 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Getting There
It is your duty and obligation as a father and husband to protect family and yourself at all times.

Hoo-Rah.
Posted By: trap master

Re: Permission to be armed - 09/12/19 02:22 AM

the new Kansas city mayor (Quinton Lucas) has made "gun violence" a top priority. he's a dip stick..... he's passed 3 gun control measures and they act like they've really done something special, thing is the all 3 were already federal law...the moron doesn't even know what gun laws are already on the books.
Posted By: Nd native

Re: Permission to be armed - 09/12/19 02:36 AM

Creating laws doesnt really do much to deter people. Texting and driving laws have done almost nothing here, so they're a prime example for those looking to refer to something not gun related.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Permission to be armed - 09/12/19 09:30 AM

I work in kcmo often. I was pretty happy to carry legally. I don't see it changing soon. I just cant figure out how anyone can believe they are safer unarmed than armed. Choosing to be unarmed because they don't believe in violence, like the Amish say, or believing themselves incapable of hurting another etc, I get that. Thinking they are safer unarmed? Hard to believe some people are that ignorant.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Permission to be armed - 09/12/19 11:48 AM

Danny there are those who can't peel a potato without cutting them selves. If the remote on the key fob fails they don't know to just use key to unlock the car door.. Those kind of folks feel safer knowing others don't carry a tool they don't understand, that might hurt them.

Mac
© 2024 Trapperman Forums