Home

PVC Fleshing beams

Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

PVC Fleshing beams - 09/11/19 06:27 PM

I've been wanting to build a PVC fleshing beam system. They are doing a huge infrastructure project locally. A friend just called said he scored a couple hundred feet of 12" high pressure PVC aprox 1/2" thick. I am a happy camper.
Posted By: Trapset

Re: PVC Fleshing beams - 09/11/19 06:29 PM

Id like to see pics of your final project. I have access to some pipe to but have always used a wood beam.
Posted By: slydogx

Re: PVC Fleshing beams - 09/11/19 07:23 PM

I scored a piece of 10" PVC last winter and managed to get my beam cut out... it is now in storage but I am hoping to get it put together this fall. I intend to use it "english" style where you pull instead of push the knife and I also have plans to install a clamping block so that I can flesh an open skinned beaver without the pelt sliding all over the place. I still have enough PVC to make another beam or 2.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: WITroutBum

Re: PVC Fleshing beams - 09/11/19 07:34 PM

Sweet Score!!!! I was just looking at some videos of these on YouTube. There are a lot of good ones if you need more ideas!
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: PVC Fleshing beams - 09/11/19 07:42 PM

In the 1980's there was a company that made fleshing beams out of fiberglass . I have one that it stamped at the bottom.It says 1982 PTA RENDEZVOUS Arendtsville PA. . It was made by a company called Lifetime Products .It has served me well .Good luck with your project .I think you will be happy with it
Posted By: rendezvous

Re: PVC Fleshing beams - 09/11/19 08:55 PM

Should have enough... please post pics!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums