Home

Death Ray

Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Death Ray - 09/12/19 03:14 PM

I'm seriously considering a death ray. Can anyone explain how it works and it is used to dispatch your catch ? I'm probably going to go ahead and get one of his fleshing knives while I'm at it.
Posted By: mainer

Re: Death Ray - 09/12/19 03:51 PM

Lee Steinmeyer is a TMan forum member. PM him, and I'm sure he'd be happy to explain all the ins and outs of the death ray.
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: Death Ray - 09/12/19 03:55 PM

http://lptraplinesupply.com/index.html

Here's his website if you want to look at his products.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Death Ray - 09/12/19 03:57 PM

he's at the trappers college now i believe so may take a day or 2 to get back to ya
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Death Ray - 09/12/19 03:57 PM

Oh, not this one, my mistake.
[Linked Image]
grin
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Death Ray - 09/12/19 04:20 PM

No blood=easier skinning. One of the best investments ive purchased for my line. Lee's a great guy to deal with as well
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Death Ray - 09/12/19 04:27 PM

I have one love it!
Posted By: trappergbus

Re: Death Ray - 09/12/19 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by turkn8rtrapper
I'm seriously considering a death ray. Can anyone explain how it works and it is used to dispatch your catch ? I'm probably going to go ahead and get one of his fleshing knives while I'm at it.

It's a catch pole that is built with a caulk gun. It tightens the loop around the neck and cuts the air and blood off to the brain, thus they go comatose instantly and dead in 2 minutes. No blood no bullets. I've used one for 4 seasons, best thing since fried chicken. His Parallel knife takes a lot of work out of fleshing too. Lee has a ton of knowledge too.
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: Death Ray - 09/12/19 04:33 PM

I have one of his parallel knives and love it. I want a Death Ray.
You can't go wrong with Lee. Great guy to talk with. I'll have a Death Ray before too long...
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Death Ray - 09/12/19 05:59 PM

I have a 2ft one and it's just right, not to long and you can handle it well. I think the 2 ft one is the best.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Death Ray - 09/12/19 06:46 PM

I like mine money well spend, lee puts out very good products .
Posted By: Randy Shuff

Re: Death Ray - 09/12/19 11:09 PM

I love mine. Money well spent.
Posted By: Carlis

Re: Death Ray - 09/13/19 12:44 PM

they are sweet. I converted mine to where I could quickly remove and replace the cable/ snare. I modified the end/barrel so I could use a 3/64" snare with a camlock. That way I can lock it down on a catch and as soon as the animal drops I can loosen the death ray take the snare off and replace with a new one and go to the next coyote and repeat. come skinning time just remove the them. this is great when you have 8 to 10 coyotes bouncing around. I think he now sells the needed parts.
Posted By: Dfabs

Re: Death Ray - 09/14/19 10:32 AM

You won’t regret buying anything that Lee makes. I just ordered my 4th fleshing knife and my 2nd Death Ray from him. I give one of his fleshing knives as a gift every year at Minktoberfest. I’ve used a 3’ Death Ray for the last 3 years, and decided to switch to a 2 footer this year. Every person that has ended up with a knife from me absolutely loves it.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Death Ray - 09/14/19 12:38 PM

Learn something new every day! Look like a great tool, his flushing tool look first class.
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Death Ray - 01/01/21 03:16 AM

any fur danage with these?
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Death Ray - 01/01/21 03:19 AM

No. Don't leave it on your catch for hrs and all will be fine. No worse than fleshing one that has been snared
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Death Ray - 01/01/21 03:21 AM

None from mine, just released a bobcat with it.
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Death Ray - 01/01/21 03:22 AM

thanks guys!
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Death Ray - 01/01/21 01:31 PM

To me this tool and maker deserve some serious recognition....as being safe, humane and more importantly this tool fits the needs of trappers where other dispatch methods cannot be used. Trapping leaders do we not have awards for development of new ideas, tools, and methods that promote safe trapping methods?
Posted By: dustytinner

Re: Death Ray - 01/01/21 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Carlis
they are sweet. I converted mine to where I could quickly remove and replace the cable/ snare. I modified the end/barrel so I could use a 3/64" snare with a camlock. That way I can lock it down on a catch and as soon as the animal drops I can loosen the death ray take the snare off and replace with a new one and go to the next coyote and repeat. come skinning time just remove the them. this is great when you have 8 to 10 coyotes bouncing around. I think he now sells the needed parts.

Very good idea!!!
I like my death ray! I have a 4' & 3'.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Death Ray - 01/01/21 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by MChewk
To me this tool and maker deserve some serious recognition....as being safe, humane and more importantly this tool fits the needs of trappers where other dispatch methods cannot be used.

I agree. One of the most valuable tools I’ve ever purchased. It was a game changer on my line. Lee is a true man of character.

THANKS Lee, you’ve done a lot to improve the trapping experience for many of us, in many ways!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums